View Full Version : Week 6 SOUTHLAND Conference Pick ‘em

McCowboys
October 3rd, 2022, 06:29 AM
Week 6 SOUTHLAND Conference Pick ‘em

No awards or prizes. Keep track of your own record during the season. When all is said and done, we will recognize the winner or winners. I hope to have a poll, but if not, just copy and paste and bold your selections.

Seven SLC teams are in action in week #6. McNeese takes a break.
Three games are conference matchups: Commerce at SLU; Lamar at UIW; and Nicholls at HCU.
Northwestern State makes a trek to Illinois with a two-game win streak to face OVC EIU Panthers.
Commerce and SLU meet up as conference mates for the first time in Hammond America.
Lamar made a valiant comeback attempt against HCU in its last outing and now travels to high scoring UIW.
Nicholls, surprisingly winless on the season, makes the long trip to Houston.
Northwestern State at Eastern Illinois 10/8/2022 2:00 PM
Commerce at Southeastern 10/8/2022 4:00 PM
Lamar at UIW 10/8/2022 4:00 PM
Nicholls at HCU 10/8/2022 6:00 PM

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2022, 08:16 AM
23-11 going into this week. Posting this so I will remember. :)

Doc

McCowboys
October 3rd, 2022, 09:39 AM
Let us pray for Lamar. If they are as bad as Puddin' thinks, UIW may attempt to score 100 on them.

McCowboys
October 7th, 2022, 08:36 AM
If you haven't voted yet, you have just a little less than 24 hours to do so. Good luck this weekend, everyone!

Puddin Tane
October 7th, 2022, 06:46 PM
Let us pray for Lamar. If they are as bad as Puddin' thinks, UIW may attempt to score 100 on them.

we are

they might

Puddin Tane
October 7th, 2022, 06:51 PM
Butttt, unlike Mcneese, our secondary isnt facing felony burglary charges!

Puddin Tane
October 7th, 2022, 06:53 PM
Last year shootings…this year burglary, yall need a branch campus in Angola

McNeese75
October 7th, 2022, 10:05 PM
Those weeds are being pulled as fast as they pop up with this Staff. Those unfortunate incidents should go away after the coaching staff gets the roster they seek in place.

Puddin Tane
October 8th, 2022, 05:09 PM
Dammmm, we suckkkkk

McCowboys
October 9th, 2022, 08:27 AM
Butttt, unlike Mcneese, our secondary isnt facing felony burglary charges!

Hey, Buddy, what's the aggression for? You know McNeese wouldn't run up the score on you guys no matter how we feel about you. Yes, last year Wilson had brought in some New Orleans guys who apparently were not of a good element. But to their credit, Wilson and now Goff have dismissed the offenders without hesitation. It also was not hidden and Goff has spoken about this in his press conferences.

Y'all got lucky. UIW pulled out their horses sometime in the third quarter. I think the bad publicity of their running up the score on McNeese may have had an effect.

What we all really need to be paying attention to is the shockwaves that Commerce sent through the conference with a victory over SLU in Hammond. Not easy to do.

WE_ARE_LIONS
October 9th, 2022, 08:48 AM
Hey, Buddy, what's the aggression for? You know McNeese wouldn't run up the score on you guys no matter how we feel about you. Yes, last year Wilson had brought in some New Orleans guys who apparently were not of a good element. But to their credit, Wilson and now Goff have dismissed the offenders without hesitation. It also was not hidden and Goff has spoken about this in his press conferences.

Y'all got lucky. UIW pulled out their horses sometime in the third quarter. I think the bad publicity of their running up the score on McNeese may have had an effect.

What we all really need to be paying attention to is the shockwaves that Commerce sent through the conference with a victory over SLU in Hammond. Not easy to do.

I want to be careful how I wrote this, but we believe in Commerce that this team is very capable as is. A loss is a loss, and TTU won in the final seconds of our first FCS game; no one says there was a bad call or anything underhanded. But Commerce led that game by double digits until a disastrous fourth quarter; the QB just happened to get knocked out right around the time TTU started to pull close. As our offense did nothing they took advantage.

But now that QB is back and played a huge game in Hammond. If he keeps that up we believe TAMUC can beat anyone in conference.

McCowboys
October 9th, 2022, 08:52 AM
I want to be careful how I wrote this, but we believe in Commerce that this team is very capable as is. A loss is a loss, and TTU won in the final seconds of our first FCS game; no one says there was a bad call or anything underhanded. But Commerce led that game by double digits until a disastrous fourth quarter; the QB just happened to get knocked out right around the time TTU started to pull close. As our offense did nothing they took advantage.

But now that QB is back and played a huge game in Hammond. If he keeps that up we believe TAMUC can beat anyone in conference.

Yes, it was quite and impressive win over SLU and a great way to begin SLC play. It was hard to judge you guys when a couple of teams you played were lower division and you smacked them easily. You certainly have everyone's attention now. Very capable all around.

McCowboys
October 9th, 2022, 09:20 AM

I also was not putting your team down. Most of us are familiar with your history, and McNeese certainly has done battles with your head coach. But realize that you were 20+ point underdogs, and your team produced a major upset. It is not easy to win in Hammond, and I cannot remember the last time a McNeese team has accomplished that. The Cowboys will definitely have to be on their best to have any chance for a win next Saturday night.

WE_ARE_LIONS
October 9th, 2022, 10:09 AM
I also was not putting your team down. Most of us are familiar with your history, and McNeese certainly has done battles with your head coach. But realize that you were 20+ point underdogs, and your team produced a major upset. It is not easy to win in Hammond, and I cannot remember the last time a McNeese team has accomplished that. The Cowboys will definitely have to be on their best to have any chance for a win next Saturday night.

I get the surprise. Respect is earned, and that’s on our boys to take. The good news is those star performances were from Sophomores, so hopefully this lays the foundation for a playoff caliber team after probation is up. Definitely need more depth as we have had injury issues despite multiple lower division opponents. By the time it’s one FBS then FCS all the way our current depth wouldn’t seem to hold up.

SFA 93
October 9th, 2022, 10:43 AM
Anyone who has kept up with Lion football since Carthal brought the program back, should not be surprised, this team has the horses...Rodriguez, Armstrong, Williams, and Young are the real deal.

Puddin Tane
October 9th, 2022, 10:55 AM

naw, no aggression, just football season trash talk.

UIW coulda put up 100 easily. Professional student-qb Lindsey Scott was pulled at half after an all world performance.

Seems Sela always seems to choke at least once a season

McCowboys
October 9th, 2022, 04:06 PM
naw, no aggression, just football season trash talk.

UIW coulda put up 100 easily. Professional student-qb Lindsey Scott was pulled at half after an all world performance.

Seems Sela always seems to choke at least once a season

Gee! I was so glad you guys came back to the SLC. I guess the honeymoon is over.

Puddin Tane
October 9th, 2022, 04:30 PM
Gee! I was so glad you guys came back to the SLC. I guess the honeymoon is over.

xdrunkyx

McCowboys
October 9th, 2022, 04:42 PM
xdrunkyx

LOL!
I'm not a good smack talker, but I try to reserve it for the week of the game when McNeese faces someone.