PDA

View Full Version : AGS Crazy 8’s Survival League - Week 6, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
October 2nd, 2022, 03:28 PM
With 42% of the season completed, we have 18 active players, with the top 10 being within 3 correct picks of one another. Great job everyone!

In going over the scoreboard, I realized that I had made an invalid pick (which prevented my perfect week this week and prevented me from keeping a team). In doing this, I realized that two other players had also used an invalid (reuse) pick (one in Week 4 and one this week), so I have also corrected those as well. While it did not affect anyone with respect to causing an elimination week, it did affect a couple of players' scores by one pick.

Since even I missed that I had already used a team, I do realize it can be pretty easy to accidentally do this, and I am posting this to remind everyone that as we use more and more teams, this becomes easier and easier to do. To minimize this, please make sure that the eight teams you pick each week do not have a red strikethrough on your individual team/scoring sheet, and you should be good to go.

With that, welcome to Week 6.

MAKE SURVIVAL PICKS HERE (https://forms.gle/78fJjfwudZmgfL339)
DEADLINE: Fri, Oct 7 @ 7 PM ET

Preferred Walk-On
October 2nd, 2022, 03:30 PM
This week's games:

Fri, Oct 7
Harvard @ Cornell

Sat, Oct 8
Gardner-Webb @ Robert Morris
Dartmouth @ Yale
Fordham @ Lehigh
Princeton @ Lafayette
Albany @ Monmouth
Brown @ Central Connecticut
North Dakota State @ Indiana State
Marist @ Stetson
Norfolk State @ Morgan State
Merrimack @ Duquesne
Valparaiso @ Presbyterian
Wagner @ Columbia
Wofford @ Samford
Dayton @ Butler
East Tennessee State @ Virginia Military Institute
Florida A&M @ South Carolina State
Grambling @ Alabama A&M
San Diego @ Drake
Davidson @ St. Thomas
Pennsylvania @ Georgetown
Maine @ Hampton
Towson @ Elon
Furman @ The Citadel
Texas Southern @ Arkansas-Pine Bluff
South Dakota @ South Dakota State
Tennessee Tech @ Southeast Missouri State
Tennessee-Martin @ Murray State
Jackson State @ Alabama State
Northwestern State @ Eastern Illinois
Southern Illinois @ Missouri State
Delaware @ William & Mary
Stony Brook @ New Hampshire
Cal Poly @ Northern Arizona
Idaho State @ Montana State
Western Carolina @ Mercer
Bucknell @ Holy Cross
Charleston Southern @ Campbell
Lamar @ Incarnate Word
Texas A&M-Commerce @ Southeastern Louisiana
Lindenwood @ Central Arkansas
Southern @ Prairie View A&M
Illinois State @ Northern Iowa
Bethune-Cookman @ Tennessee State
North Alabama @ Kennesaw State
North Dakota @ Youngstown State
Alcorn State @ Mississippi Valley State
Abilene Christian @ Stephen F. Austin
Nicholls @ Houston Christian
Eastern Washington @ Weber State
Tarleton State @ Southern Utah
Northern Colorado @ Sacramento State

Libertine
October 3rd, 2022, 08:42 AM
Tucked it in

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 08:52 AM
With 42% of the season completed, we have 18 active players, with the top 10 being within 3 correct picks of one another. Great job everyone!

In going over the scoreboard, I realized that I had made an invalid pick (which prevented my perfect week this week and prevented me from keeping a team). In doing this, I realized that two other players had also used an invalid (reuse) pick (one in Week 4 and one this week), so I have also corrected those as well. While it did not affect anyone with respect to causing an elimination week, it did affect a couple of players' scores by one pick.

Since even I missed that I had already used a team, I do realize it can be pretty easy to accidentally do this, and I am posting this to remind everyone that as we use more and more teams, this becomes easier and easier to do. To minimize this, please make sure that the eight teams you pick each week do not have a red strikethrough on your individual team/scoring sheet, and you should be good to go.

With that, welcome to Week 6.

MAKE SURVIVAL PICKS HERE (https://forms.gle/78fJjfwudZmgfL339)
DEADLINE: Fri, Oct 7 @ 7 PM ET
Well, it is official, we are living in the bizarro world. When I am at the top of anything involving picking college football games you will know that up is down and north is south.

Daytripper
October 3rd, 2022, 09:40 AM
In.

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2022, 10:46 AM
In.

Daytripper
October 3rd, 2022, 10:52 AM
Well, it is official, we are living in the bizarro world. When I am at the top of anything involving picking college football games you will know that up is down and north is south.

I'm within striking distance so I will probably go 0-8 this week.

KPSUL
October 3rd, 2022, 11:32 AM
Picks in. I'm "dancing the watusi on the edge of a razor blade*" with these choices.

*quoting the late-great John Prine

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 12:00 PM
IN

OhioHen
October 6th, 2022, 07:02 AM
In and expect a max of two of my selections this week to have a shot at being in the playoffs

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2022, 07:19 AM
IN

Preferred Walk-On
October 6th, 2022, 01:23 PM
In and expect a max of two of my selections this week to have a shot at being in the playoffs

I'm in with exactly this scenario.

Those that I have received picks from are:

McNeese75
MTfan4life
Libertine
Daytripper
crusader11
MSUBobcat
KPSUL
POD Knows
TheValleyRaider
JacksFan40
taper
Caribbeanhen
MR. CHICKEN
OhioHen
Preferred Walk-On

Tomorrow @ 7 PM ET is the deadline. Carry on.

Daytripper
October 6th, 2022, 02:12 PM

I've used a few likely playoff teams. I've mostly avoided the true top tier teams, though.

Catbooster
October 7th, 2022, 04:34 PM
In

POD Knows
October 8th, 2022, 08:31 PM
Gawd, I literally picked chalk this week and then freaking Central Arkansas and SELA lose to Lindenwood and some team from TX I have never heard of, give me strength.