PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 4 2022

bonarae
October 1st, 2022, 11:28 PM
The Ivy football trophy will have a new holder this season, for certain?

Harvard at Cornell - toss-up ... xconfusedx
Dartmouth at Yale
Princeton at Lafayette
Brown at CCSU
Wagner at Columbia
Penn at Georgetown

Ivytalk
October 2nd, 2022, 12:51 PM
What the hell.

SUNY Ithaca
Yale
Princeton
CCSU
Columbia
Penn

Ivytalk
October 2nd, 2022, 01:26 PM
Hey, bulldog10jw, I have some good news for you. The 6’5” QB from Wilmington Friends School, Robbie Tattersall, is coming to Yale next year to play football. Yesterday, Friends throttled another top team in its division, 34-9. Robbie ran for 176 yards and 2 long TDs and passed for almost 100 more and a TD. Robbie’s dad is the current coach. His grandfather, Bob Tattersall, is the winningest HS FB coach in DE history. My son played for him in the late 90s and 2000. A great man.

bulldog10jw
October 2nd, 2022, 04:36 PM
Hey, bulldog10jw, I have some good news for you. The 6’5” QB from Wilmington Friends School, Robbie Tattersall, is coming to Yale next year to play football. Yesterday, Friends throttled another top team in its division, 34-9. Robbie ran for 176 yards and 2 long TDs and passed for almost 100 more and a TD. Robbie’s dad is the current coach. His grandfather, Bob Tattersall, is the winningest HS FB coach in DE history. My son played for him in the late 90s and 2000. A great man.

Thanks for the info IT. I'll be looking forward to seeing him in a Yale uniform.

NY Crusader 2010
October 2nd, 2022, 06:52 PM
Harvard
Dartmouth
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Penn

The Cats
October 2nd, 2022, 07:24 PM
Harvard
Dartmouth
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Penn

Son of Eli
October 3rd, 2022, 08:46 AM

Kurt Rawlings, Yale’s career stat leader at QB, was also the son of a high school football coach.

Son of Eli
October 3rd, 2022, 08:49 AM
Harvard
Yale
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Penn

An incredibly weak OOC slate for the Ivies.

bonarae
October 3rd, 2022, 09:22 AM
An incredibly weak OOC slate for the Ivies.

When will the calls for diversification of our football schedules be heard or even silenced? xbawlingx

Ivytalk
October 3rd, 2022, 10:39 AM
When will the calls for diversification of our football schedules be heard or even silenced? xbawlingx

I think you need to rephrase that.

NY Crusader 2010
October 3rd, 2022, 02:32 PM

Well, if you guys ever nix the football postseason ban, there would be incentive for the likes of Harvard and Princeton to strengthen their schedules to have a better shot of competing for at-large bids.

I definitely don't see an 11th regular season game being added -- Ivies would go to the playoffs before that took place.

bonarae
October 5th, 2022, 08:32 PM
Well, if you guys ever nix the football postseason ban, there would be incentive for the likes of Harvard and Princeton to strengthen their schedules to have a better shot of competing for at-large bids.

I definitely don't see an 11th regular season game being added -- Ivies would go to the playoffs before that took place.

But... will the Presidents approve of a SWAC-style plan for the champion's playoff participation (e.g. Harvard/Yale, due to their fixed finals week scheduling are both not eligible)? Maybe not. xchinscratchx

The Boogie Down
October 5th, 2022, 08:46 PM

Agreed but would the Ivies go to the playoffs before the creation of some sort of Ivy-Patsy Bowl?

Pards Rule
October 6th, 2022, 11:24 AM

Hey Ivy, long time man! I thought that Tattersall name sounded familiar!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info IT. I'll be looking forward to seeing him in a Yale uniform.

Hey Bulldog! I think he would look better in maroon!!

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2022, 01:10 PM
Hey Ivy, long time man! I thought that Tattersall name sounded familiar!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, Pards! “Coach T” is a legend in Delaware. He really did make solid young men out of HS FB players. He didn’t cuss much, and his usual criticism of a bonehead play was to scream “What were you thinking?”

And how’s my good friend carney2? We’ll all have to meet up at Fisher next time Harvard plays a game there.

bulldog10jw
October 6th, 2022, 05:05 PM

Better than the uniforms Yale is wearing this week?

https://yalebulldogs.com/news/2022/10/3/bulldogs-to-wear-commemorative-uniforms-vs-dartmouth-celebrating-150-year-history-of-yale-football.aspx

32575 (https://yalebulldogs.com/news/2022/10/3/bulldogs-to-wear-commemorative-uniforms-vs-dartmouth-celebrating-150-year-history-of-yale-football.aspx)

Ivytalk
October 8th, 2022, 10:25 AM
People should start to call my school “Harvar,” because they appear to have no “D.”

bulldog10jw
October 8th, 2022, 02:09 PM
Yale 24 Dartmouth 21 Final

grizband
October 8th, 2022, 02:20 PM
Princeton is currently beating Lafayette 23-2...late in the 4th quarter. Lafayette's only points have come from a PAT returned for a defensive PAT.