PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 5, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
October 1st, 2022, 11:02 PM
With two games to go for teams in the AGS Top 25 (Montana State @ UC Davis, in progress, and Eastern Washington @ Florida, tomorrow), I am posting the How They Fared sheet for Week 5 of the FCS season.

Not too many surprises in the Top 25, as only one team in the Top 15 (as of starting this thread) lost (#8 Missouri State @ #31 North Dakota). As for the remaining ten teams (#16-25), two losses were to teams also in the bottom ten of the Top 25 (#24 Furman lost @ home to #16 Samford, and #18 Richmond lost @ #20 Elon). The only team in the Top 25 to lose to an unranked team was #23 Austin Peay (@ Central Arkansas).

Outside of the Top 25 (and outside of that already mentioned above), there were no real great upsets or losses of significant or obvious note. However, that is one person's opinion, and you may CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CnaJuGmgFx9wM5yW7DrYttPhFuCB25w1wyVNIBYqLUM/edit?usp=sharing) to access this week's list and decide for yourself. I will update the late game and tomorrow's game...tomorrow.

caribbeanhen
October 1st, 2022, 11:21 PM
Actually Richmond lost at Elon in 2OT, not that big of a deal just thought I would mention it

Preferred Walk-On
October 2nd, 2022, 06:23 AM
Actually Richmond lost at Elon in 2OT, not that big of a deal just thought I would mention it

Yeah, the write-up was quick, but it was noted in the sheet. I think even if it were not decided in 2 OT, the score indicates a very evenly matched game. Was there anything that we may not have seen to indicate that the result does not accurately reflect the actual game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2022, 06:58 AM
Yeah, the write-up was quick, but it was noted in the sheet. I think even if it were not decided in 2 OT, the score indicates a very evenly matched game. Was there anything that we may not have seen to indicate that the result does not accurately reflect the actual game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two very good evenly matched teams and the result of the game is very reflective of that. Richmond could of put it away late in 4th quarter but came up short.. Elon drove down in final minute and tied it up at end of regulation on a FG

Richmond D looked gassed in the OT

Elon has 2 nice comeback victories in a row now..

Two playoff teams!

CAA should get 4 with Delaware and William & Mary

Nova and Rhode on bubble

WestCoastAggie
October 2nd, 2022, 07:48 AM
Two very good evenly matched teams and the result of the game is very reflective of that. Richmond could of put it away late in 4th quarter but came up short.. Elon drove down in final minute and tied it up at end of regulation on a FG

Two playoff teams!

Nova and Rhode on bubble

I think there are 8 CAA teams competing for an AQ + 3 At-Large bids.

Preferred Walk-On
October 2nd, 2022, 09:04 AM

Two playoff teams!

Nova and Rhode on bubble

Originally noted that game was at Richmond in original post, but it was @ Elon (and was correct in the sheet). Brain was a bit fried after long day of tailgating and game in Fargo. Sorry 'bout that. Fixed the original post.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2022, 09:06 AM
Originally noted that game was at Richmond in original post, but it was @ Elon (and was correct in the sheet). Brain was a bit fried after long day of tailgating and game in Fargo. Sorry 'bout that. Fixed the original post.

Nothing to be sorry about, it sounds like you had a great day!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2022, 10:31 AM
Voting hasn't been opened up yet. Hopefully soon xsmiley_wix

MR. CHICKEN
October 2nd, 2022, 10:36 AM
Voting hasn't been opened up yet. Hopefully soon xsmiley_wix

.......#17 EASTERN WASHINGTON vs FLORIDA IS SKEDDED FO' TODAY.....@ HIGH NOON........AWAITIN' RESULTS..........AH'D GUESS.........AWK!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2022, 10:39 AM
#17 EASTERN WASHINGTON vs FLORIDA IS SKEDDED FO' TODAY.....@ HIGH NOON........AWAITIN' RESULTS..........AH'D GUESS.........AWK!

Good call! Forgot about that!xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 2nd, 2022, 12:54 PM

.......#17 EASTERN WASHINGTON vs FLORIDA IS SKEDDED FO' TODAY.....@ HIGH NOON........AWAITIN' RESULTS..........AH'D GUESS.........AWK!

Waiting at least until the start of the 4th qtr. if it seems out of control. Should be fairly soon now though...either way.

KPSUL
October 2nd, 2022, 01:07 PM
Almost safe to "pencil-in" (or out) EWU; trailing 38-3 with 9 minutes left in the 3rd Qtr.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2022, 01:29 PM
Almost safe to "pencil-in" (or out) EWU; trailing 38-3 with 9 minutes left in the 3rd Qtr.

They were not in my top 25 anyway, not falling for all the sky hype

exibit 2 is Lucy Davis 😂

wapiti
October 2nd, 2022, 02:43 PM
They were not in my top 25 anyway, not falling for all the sky hype

exibit 2 is Lucy Davis 😂

But yet,. There are many falling for the Jackson State hype.

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2022, 02:58 PM
Pretty strong likelihood that the consensus most significant win and most significant loss will be from the same game this week... it'll be one of those weeks where I'd guess not many voters choose it for both most significant win and loss but everyone will either have it for one of them and there won't be another game with enough votes to top it.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2022, 03:51 PM
But yet,. There are many falling for the Jackson State hype.

Campbell

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2022, 04:50 PM
Keep an eye on Idaho... you may or may not think they're top 25 caliber now but they've got 2 weeks to prep for a big matchup at Montana that should show whether they're for real or not.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 2nd, 2022, 05:23 PM
Keep an eye on Idaho... you may or may not think they're top 25 caliber now but they've got 2 weeks to prep for a big matchup at Montana that should show whether they're for real or not.

Montana has two weeks to prep for them as well so if they do win in Missoula they are doing well for themselves for sure.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2022, 06:07 PM

slipped ore ida in at 25 last week

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2022, 08:13 PM
Montana has two weeks to prep for them as well so if they do win in Missoula they are doing well for themselves for sure.

Damn. Didn't notice Montana is on a bye after the cupcake part of the schedule. On the plus side, get rested/healed up for the tough part. But a game Idaho team, @Sac St, followed by @BBQ, then a "break" with Poly before hosting a pesky EWU team, down or not. That's a tough stretch without a bye heading into the Brawl at Bobcat Stadium. I'm liking our chances a bit more.

Grizalltheway
October 2nd, 2022, 08:53 PM
Damn. Didn't notice Montana is on a bye after the cupcake part of the schedule. On the plus side, get rested/healed up for the tough part. But a game Idaho team, @Sac St, followed by @BBQ, then a "break" with Poly before hosting a pesky EWU team, down or not. That's a tough stretch without a bye heading into the Brawl at Bobcat Stadium. I'm liking our chances a bit more.

Cats are looking better than I thought they were. We're definitely going to see what the Griz are really made of down the stretch.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2022, 09:56 AM

Oh yeah, the last 1/2 is gonna be a lot of road work against real tough teams this year. We've been pretty good so far with injuries but that gets everyone at some point so if it is minimal enough to get by then that is all one can hope for.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2022, 09:56 AM
Just over an hour left for voters to get that ballot in. We are about 5-8 short so let's get on it peops.

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2022, 11:21 AM
Oh yeah, the last 1/2 is gonna be a lot of road work against real tough teams this year. We've been pretty good so far with injuries but that gets everyone at some point so if it is minimal enough to get by then that is all one can hope for.

Ours is much more favorable. Idaho State at home should hopefully allow lots of game time for backups, though they did give the Griz a handful (in the Pocatello Quonset). That's followed up by a road game against a NoCo team that's looking a bit better, but should still be handled easily, then a bye week before Weber comes to town. We should see Lane Sumner back by the BBQ game, and hopefully Isaiah Ifanse also. It's conceivable that we could be coming into the Weber game as healthy as we've been all year.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2022, 11:48 AM
Ours is much more favorable. Idaho State at home should hopefully allow lots of game time for backups, though they did give the Griz a handful (in the Pocatello Quonset). That's followed up by a road game against a NoCo team that's looking a bit better, but should still be handled easily, then a bye week before Weber comes to town. We should see Lane Sumner back by the BBQ game, and hopefully Isaiah Ifanse also. It's conceivable that we could be coming into the Weber game as healthy as we've been all year.

I never guage anything off of a game in Pocatello anymore. The Griz, no matter how good they are and how poor ISU looks to be just never play very inspired ball there. Don't know why but we are always sloppy when playing there. But when we are good we at least overcome the uninspired ball so that game shows me zero.

Much like in the Griz-Cat game when at ISU you can throw out the records, they are meaningless. It is for exactly the opposite reason of the Griz-Cat game though. xlolx

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2022, 12:09 PM
I never guage anything off of a game in Pocatello anymore. The Griz, no matter how good they are and how poor ISU looks to be just never play very inspired ball there. Don't know why but we are always sloppy when playing there. But when we are good we at least overcome the uninspired ball so that game shows me zero.

Much like in the Griz-Cat game when at ISU you can throw out the records, they are meaningless. It is for exactly the opposite reason of the Griz-Cat game though. xlolx

I feel the same way about Walkup Skydome.... Can't even use the "elevation" excuse cuz it's only about 1,900' difference.