PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong at NC A&T?

catamount man
October 19th, 2007, 09:49 PM
They've dropped 23 in a row. Hope they can get a win over Howard as one shouldn't lose that many games in a row. Good luck Aggies!!!

Not that I can say anything as if not for a win over PC, my Cats would be toting 16 in a row. UGH!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

appfan2008
October 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
hey catamount man... who would win that battle of the titans... ncaandt v. wcu???

catamount man
October 19th, 2007, 10:28 PM
hey catamount man... who would win that battle of the titans... ncaandt v. wcu???

Aggies..........2-0. HA!!!xthumbsupx

ASU88
October 20th, 2007, 09:16 AM
The Aggies have REALLY fallen on hard times. It's sad. The few games they've had a chance to win ... they end up blowing it or the other team just makes the play.

The good news: A&T has a great fan base that supports them through thick and thin. They'll get back on track eventually.

appfan2008
October 20th, 2007, 09:42 AM
it would be great to see them make it back to relevancy

WileECoyote06
October 20th, 2007, 11:05 AM
A & T has some talent, but they lack depth. In addition, those 70-points Bethune-Cookman put on them last year on national television probably set their recruiting back three or four years.

gophoenix
October 20th, 2007, 12:45 PM
A&T really is a victim of themselves. Basically a great program destroyed by circumstances.

They fired one AD, brought in another that wanted to go I-A. They were really gunning for it. Fired their traditional old coach in a sub-par winning season and hired a horrible new coach (Smalls). Smalls recruited some criminals, lacked discipline and the university ended up firing the AD. They brought in a new AD that focuses solely on race and HBCU tradition. She wants racial makeup of her teams to be what she wants at the expense of success and does the same with her coaching staff (this from an A&T insider). Hired a good coach, terrible recruiter, lack of good offensive strategy, a plague of injuries and kids quitting to transfer and you see what they've turned into.

It's sad, I hate to see them in this state. To go from 15,000 fans on a bad game to barely pulling in 6000 and having most of the fans being from the away team.

Really sad.

HIU 93
October 21st, 2007, 08:34 AM
A&T really is a victim of themselves. Basically a great program destroyed by circumstances.

They fired one AD, brought in another that wanted to go I-A. They were really gunning for it. Fired their traditional old coach in a sub-par winning season and hired a horrible new coach (Smalls). Smalls recruited some criminals, lacked discipline and the university ended up firing the AD. They brought in a new AD that focuses solely on race and HBCU tradition.

There is no nice way to say this, but that is a bold face lie.

The current AD is gunning for A&T to be great, but they are in a bad place right now. It happens to all schools from time to time. I know you're going to come back in here with some type of defense you heard from an "insider", but your insider doesn't know what he or she is talking about.

If your statement is true, then why did the current AD end the Aggie-Eagle classic a few years ago?

I'll tell you why- her exact statement was thatthere was no benefit in playing a division II team. She then went on to state that A&T would not play Central again until Central was Division I.

Forbes is a great coach, but he was left with NOTHING. It is going to take some time to build the team back up.