PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-1

JALMOND
September 28th, 2022, 08:35 PM
After last week had some interesting matchups, this week is shaping up to be a little bit easier in making picks. But, all games are tough and the conference can surprise so what seems like a sure thing could be anything but. After last week, I am at 31-8 so far. Everyone plays this weekend except for Weber State. Here is my attempt at perfection.

EWU at Florida (FBS SEC)---Game moved to Sunday due to Hurricane Ian. The Eagles step out of conference and literally into the eye of the storm as they move up to SEC competition. It may be tough to stay competitive...Florida 55, EWU 7.

UM at ISU---Will anything slow the Grizzlies down? Do the Bengals have a chance? It is in the Bengals' home dome so there is that. And the score is 0-0 now, but that should change quickly...UM 31, ISU 7.

NAU at PSU---Defense is the name of the game for both the Lumberjacks and the Vikings, as the offenses really have not sparkled yet this year. Will the offenses come to life or will defense decide it?...PSU 21, NAU 14.

SAC at CP---The Hornets are flying high, not only with a win in Missouri Valley country, but also getting an FBS scalp last week. Is it time for a letdown? Be careful, the Mustangs had two weeks to prepare for this...SAC 28, CP 21.

UNC at UI---Just how for real are the Bears after good outings the last two weeks? Just how for real are the Vandals after two good games themselves? Maybe a bit better than the Bears...UI 31, UNC 10.

UCD at MSU---The Aggies have been coming so close but not getting any wins, except for the one over San Diego. The Bobcats are hoping for some pieces to come back this game to allow for piece of mind...MSU 21, UCD 12.

bonarae
September 28th, 2022, 09:12 PM
Gators
Griz
NAU
Sac
Vandals
Montana State

Super Hornet
September 28th, 2022, 11:42 PM
EWU d. Spurriers 42-31

Griz d. ID State 63-6

NAU d. Portland State 31-28

Sac d. Cow Poly 70-0

UNC d. Idalol 31-24

MT State d. Manure Pile 35-0

wapiti
September 29th, 2022, 09:13 AM
EWU 10 at Florida 52 (FBS SEC)---EWU was crushed by Oregon and SEC > PAC12. Difference is Florida is not looking to make an extra blowout win like Oregon did.

UM 38 at ISU 14---UM opponents record is 3-11. 0-4 ISU is not going to help that. Griz should have another walk in the park. ISU scores in garbage time in the 4th.

NAU 17 at PSU 24---2 middle of the pack teams. After this game 0ne of these will be at the upper level of the middling teams.

SAC 35 at CP 17---The Hornets have been stinging their opponents pretty good. This game will not be much different. The Mustangs will have a few welts after this one.

UNC 12 at UI 45---Idaho is a top 20 team, but yet the voters struggle to vote for them. UNC @home is not a game to help that out.

UCD 23 at MSU 24---Big Sky game of the week. If this was in Davis the pick would easily be UCD, but it is in Bozeman and the crowd will be loud and large. MSU seems to be cleaning up some issues and improving as the season progresses. UCD wants a win to demonstrate they are indeed a top team in the country.

uofmman1122
September 29th, 2022, 09:55 AM
UM 38 at ISU 14---UM opponents record is 3-11. 0-4 ISU is not going to help that. Griz should have another walk in the park. ISU scores in garbage time in the 4th.
I know you want us to lose, but that would really be something lmao

wapiti
September 29th, 2022, 10:19 AM
I know you want us to lose, but that would really be something lmao

Thanks for the heads up. I have corrected the bold.

nevadagriz
September 29th, 2022, 01:34 PM
EWU d. Spurriers 42-31

Griz d. ID State 63-6

Sac d. Cow Poly 70-0

UNC d. Idalol 31-24

So much to look at here.
What did you see in EWU to pick them to score 42 pts?
70 for Sac wow!
Unc over Idaho please explain.
Davis will not score a point against the fierce Cat D????
If I partook in what ever it is you are smoking I would make sure to meet you the 22nd at the Griz game.

JALMOND
September 29th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have corrected the bold.

Thought you were making a BOLD statement.:D

mvemjsunpx
September 29th, 2022, 06:33 PM
EWU/Florida officially moved to Sunday morning…

Super Hornet
September 29th, 2022, 10:20 PM
So much to look at here.
What did you see in EWU to pick them to score 42 pts?
70 for Sac wow!
Unc over Idaho please explain.
Davis will not score a point against the fierce Cat D????
If I partook in what ever it is you are smoking I would make sure to meet you the 22nd at the Griz game.

But you're not complaining about my Griz pic?

xlolx

mvemjsunpx
September 29th, 2022, 11:17 PM
Saturday

NAU 21-24 Portland St. — Probably comes down to how healthy Dante Chachere is

Sac State 48-21 Cal Poly — The 'Stangs will limp back to their locker room thinking "We would definitely beat Colorado State!" xawesomex

NoCo 10-31 Idaho — Not all 2-2 teams are created equal

Montana 48-10 Idaho St. — Will we see another Horseshoe Effect game in Pocatello like we did in 2009?

Davis 14-24 Montana St. — Davis is 3/9 on field goals this season, could be important…

Sunday

EWU 21-55 Flor-Ida French Fries — Eastern fans better hope the London NFL game is close so fans won't switch to the SEC Network

nevadagriz
September 30th, 2022, 09:00 AM
But you're not complaining about my Griz pic?

xlolx

I never try to guess Griz games. It is in Pokey so Griz might struggle that hut results in weird outcomes.

MSUBobcat
September 30th, 2022, 11:10 AM
UM 48 @ ISU-o 10 - After all these creampuffs, are the Griz going to be in shape to battle against a real opponent in 3 weeks?
NAU 24 @ PSU 27 - NAU looked like they may have something after the SHSU victory. But it appears Sam is down this year. Going with the home team.
Sac St. 52 @ Poly 17 - Top 3 Big Sky team vs. bottom 2. Won't be pretty.
UNC 21 @ Idaho 34 - After 2 respectable performances against back-to-back P5 teams, will rattling off 3 straight against meh opponents be enough to crack the top 25 before being bounced out by the Griz, then back in after PSU, then back out after Sac. The Vandals have a seesaw schedule, up one week only to face a tough opponent in the next.
UC-Davis 24 @ MSU 30 - Another tough game for MSU. Elliott is shown as RB1 on the current depth chart, but I swear I saw somewhere that Sumner is back xdontknowx. It's at home and forecast is cold and rainy, which favors the run game.
EWU 7 @ UF 56 - another BSC team with 2 money games. And then it's followed by a difficult game @BBQ and then home for Sac. EWU could be basically "eliminated" from playoff contention by Oct. 15th, half way thru the season.

dbackjon
September 30th, 2022, 12:43 PM
Floriduh
Montana
NAU
Sacramento State College
Ida-ho
Montana State

dbackjon
September 30th, 2022, 12:45 PM
EWU d. Spurriers 42-31

Griz d. ID State 63-6

Sac d. Cow Poly 70-0

UNC d. Idalol 31-24

You JUST joined, or did you forget old log-in?

Super Hornet
September 30th, 2022, 11:20 PM
Yes, Jon. I JUST joined. One of the Griz guys on Facebook finally talked me into joining AGS so that I could EVENTUALLY vote in the poll.

I don't know how much value my vote will have, but I'll gladly place it whenever I qualify to do that....

bonarae
October 1st, 2022, 01:06 AM
Yes, Jon. I JUST joined. One of the Griz guys on Facebook finally talked me into joining AGS so that I could EVENTUALLY vote in the poll.

I don't know how much value my vote will have, but I'll gladly place it whenever I qualify to do that....

Wow. Glad you finally got on board AGS!

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
October 1st, 2022, 09:29 PM
Watching NAU this year makes me feel like the Bills offensive coordinator. This team has everything it needs to win, and they are a hot mess. The Chris Ball era is a bust. Time to clean house.

JALMOND
October 2nd, 2022, 02:21 PM
After last week had some interesting matchups, this week is shaping up to be a little bit easier in making picks. But, all games are tough and the conference can surprise so what seems like a sure thing could be anything but. After last week, I am at 31-8 so far. Everyone plays this weekend except for Weber State. Here is my attempt at perfection.

EWU at Florida (FBS SEC)---Game moved to Sunday due to Hurricane Ian. The Eagles step out of conference and literally into the eye of the storm as they move up to SEC competition. It may be tough to stay competitive...Florida 55, EWU 7.

UM at ISU---Will anything slow the Grizzlies down? Do the Bengals have a chance? It is in the Bengals' home dome so there is that. And the score is 0-0 now, but that should change quickly...UM 31, ISU 7.

NAU at PSU---Defense is the name of the game for both the Lumberjacks and the Vikings, as the offenses really have not sparkled yet this year. Will the offenses come to life or will defense decide it?...PSU 21, NAU 14.

SAC at CP---The Hornets are flying high, not only with a win in Missouri Valley country, but also getting an FBS scalp last week. Is it time for a letdown? Be careful, the Mustangs had two weeks to prepare for this...SAC 28, CP 21.

UNC at UI---Just how for real are the Bears after good outings the last two weeks? Just how for real are the Vandals after two good games themselves? Maybe a bit better than the Bears...UI 31, UNC 10.

UCD at MSU---The Aggies have been coming so close but not getting any wins, except for the one over San Diego. The Bobcats are hoping for some pieces to come back this game to allow for piece of mind...MSU 21, UCD 12.

Looks like I was perfect this weekend. 6-0, 37-8 for the year.

dbackjon
October 3rd, 2022, 07:40 PM

Well, get a postin' You will need what, 100 posts before eligible next season?

- - - Updated - - -

Watching NAU this year makes me feel like the Bills offensive coordinator. This team has everything it needs to win, and they are a hot mess. The Chris Ball era is a bust. Time to clean house.

So disappointing

MR. CHICKEN
October 4th, 2022, 11:57 AM

.......AH THINK YA QUALIFY........AFTERAH 100 POSTS...BUT AH MIGHT BE WRONG.....BIZONSSSSS ALWAYS THINK AH'M WRONG.....HOW DO YA FEEL 'BOUT FAKE FG's...???....................BRAWK!

.....TA GET TO 100 MO-RICKETY-SPLIT........JES' RESPOND TA MUHAWKS...FUBEAR...OR.....DUH TWO MAGPIES FROM YOUNGSTOWN...........AN' YA'LL BE VOTIN' BAH FRIDAY........DOODLE-DOO!