PDA

View Full Version : Football Rule Question

WVAPPmountaineer
October 19th, 2007, 06:59 AM
As a former high school coach I must admit I don't know the exact rule on this --- XP/FG holder receives the center snap with his knee on the ground - We used to just tell the refs prior to the game that we had a fake XP - fake FG play --- What is the actual rule that allows the holder with his knee on the ground to rise up and continue the play? - Thanks ---

Seahawks Fan
October 19th, 2007, 08:05 AM
As a former high school coach I must admit I don't know the exact rule on this --- XP/FG holder receives the center snap with his knee on the ground - We used to just tell the refs prior to the game that we had a fake XP - fake FG play --- What is the actual rule that allows the holder with his knee on the ground to rise up and continue the play? - Thanks ---

There is a thread about this that started after the LSU fake field goal earlier this year: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29704&page=2

WVAPPmountaineer
October 19th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks Seahawk fan - I was wondering if there were a time limitation on how long a holders knee would be on the ground before the play was blown dead - but I do remember kickers actually going through the process of kicking the ball and have the holder pull the ball back at that time and continue the play - my guess is at some point it becomes the discretion of the ref ---

89Hen
October 19th, 2007, 09:21 AM
What is the actual rule that allows the holder with his knee on the ground to rise up and continue the play? - Thanks ---
You are VERY wise for asking this. xnodx xsmiley_wix