September 27th, 2022, 01:01 PM
first game moved: SC State @ S. Carolina, now Thursday, 7 PM

FUBeAR
September 27th, 2022, 01:03 PM
first game moved: SC State @ S. Carolina, now Thursday, 7 PM
EWU @ Florida has also moved … to Sunday 10/2

FUBeAR
September 27th, 2022, 01:26 PM
D2 - Elizabeth City State @ Johnson C. Smith in Charlotte, NC moved from Saturday 10/1 to Thurs 9/29.

FBS - ECU @ USF moved from Tampa to Boca Raton (FAU) still scheduled for Sat. 10/1

MSUBobcat
September 27th, 2022, 01:44 PM
EWU @ Florida has also moved … to Sunday 10/2

Bad news for EWU. I think they would have preferred a 2nd bye week to try to resurrect their season against Weber. A delayed butt kicking gives them even less time to prepare, diminishing their already slight chance at the upset. They'll likely be 1-4 going into their mid-October battle against a good Sac State team, with their season already on the line.

kdinva
September 27th, 2022, 02:05 PM
FBSchedules.com has a sub-page, now.

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule-2022-hurricane-ian-updates-changes/

bonarae
September 27th, 2022, 04:52 PM
Toreros at Hatters (San Diego at Stetson) now cancelled.

KPSUL
September 27th, 2022, 05:51 PM

Interesting ya sure you got that right? It was listed the other way on both Survival and Crazy-Eights games (Stetson @ San Diego). Maybe the Stetson team could not get out of FL by air.

FUBeAR
September 27th, 2022, 06:28 PM
Interesting ya sure you got that right? It was listed the other way on both Survival and Crazy-Eights games (Stetson @ San Diego). Maybe the Stetson team could not get out of FL by air.
Or…maybe Stetson didn’t want the 54 Floridians on their roster to be on the left coast while their families were in potential peril and/or some stage of evacuation or recovery from the storm.

wcugrad95
September 27th, 2022, 07:19 PM
I know the Tampa and Orlando airports are going into shutdown mode I think starting tomorrow. So it could be a problem of getting out and getting home for any Central Florida-based school. Almost the entire state is under flash flood warnings, and the Hurricane and Tropical Storm warnings cover a huge swath of the state. They are talking about up to 1 to 2 feet of rain in many places, and up to 1 foot all the way up to Jacksonville. I have lived in Orlando for over 10 years, and this one seems scarier than any other one because of how much of the state is expected to have severe impact.

MR. CHICKEN
September 27th, 2022, 07:50 PM

ESPN SKEDS.....HAVE....STETSON @ SAN DIEGO.........GAME IS MARKED CANCELLED........BRAWK!

Grizalltheway
September 27th, 2022, 08:02 PM
Bad news for EWU. I think they would have preferred a 2nd bye week to try to resurrect their season against Weber. A delayed butt kicking gives them even less time to prepare, diminishing their already slight chance at the upset. They'll likely be 1-4 going into their mid-October battle against a good Sac State team, with their season already on the line.

Certainly wouldn't mind if they pulled off one or both of those...

gofurman
September 27th, 2022, 10:32 PM
Hope everyone is safe. I am in SC and we are fine. I think the USC v SC State just isn't a big deal and was easy to move...

But FL is a different thing - SAFETY (yes, even more than football

walliver
September 28th, 2022, 07:50 AM
Hope everyone is safe. I am in SC and we are fine. I think the USC v SC State just isn't a big deal and was easy to move...

But FL is a different thing - SAFETY (yes, even more than football

usually when South Carolina moves a game, it is actually to free up hotel rooms for potential evacuees.

Clemson doesn’t cancel because most Clemson fans drive home after the game (and there are extremely few rooms in Clemson anyway).

wcugrad95
September 28th, 2022, 07:54 AM
Here in Central FL they started closing schools to use them as shelters for all the people fleeing the coast. Now the path will bring the storm basically up through Orlando. With this storm, if you are in FL there is not a real good place to go hide. The upper panhandle area (Tallahassee and Pensacola) look like the safest bets now, but 2 days ago that is where we thought the storm was going and my 2 kids at FSU came home when they canceled classes. With things like this you just never know.

ElCid
September 28th, 2022, 08:12 AM
This thing will be a Depression by the time it goes by me. Should be northeast of Asheville by Sat afternoon, which puts it just about overhead Boone and our game with App St at 330. Could still be 10-15 knot wind gusts at game with lots of rain. Nothing terrible but enough to make it miserable. And, significantly, an equalizer.

MSUBobcat
September 28th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Certainly wouldn't mind if they pulled off one or both of those...

Haha. I'm with ya. I'll up ya one and say I wouldn't mind if they pulled off an upset on November 12th. :D

wcugrad95
September 28th, 2022, 09:56 AM
I know you can all watch the news, but I found this current magnitude and scope of the storm very telling. This is why somebody like Stetson would cancel on flying across the country for a game Saturday.

TribeNomad1
September 28th, 2022, 12:01 PM
This thing will be a Depression by the time it goes by me. Should be northeast of Asheville by Sat afternoon, which puts it just about overhead Boone and our game with App St at 330. Could still be 10-15 knot wind gusts at game with lots of rain. Nothing terrible but enough to make it miserable. And, significantly, an equalizer.

App. is going to be pissed. I was at the game last weekend when JMU came back and won.

FUBeAR
September 28th, 2022, 12:10 PM
App. is going to be pissed. I was at the game last weekend when JMU came back and won.FU All The Time to Appy and their Appy fans. Hope they lose ‘em all!

TribeNomad1
September 28th, 2022, 12:17 PM
FU All The Time to Appy and their Appy fans. Hope they lose ‘em all!

Fans were fine. Their OL got owned in the second half.

ElCid
September 28th, 2022, 12:32 PM
App. is going to be pissed. I was at the game last weekend when JMU came back and won.

Yup. Scary. Hoping their extra zeal makes them sloppy. Doubt it. Maybe the wind and rain will help us.

FUBeAR
September 28th, 2022, 12:37 PM
Chatt @ ETSU kickoff time on Sat. changed from 7:30P to 3P due to expected weather conditions

ElCid
September 28th, 2022, 01:29 PM
Chatt @ ETSU kickoff time on Sat. changed from 7:30P to 3P due to expected weather conditions

Surprised that both them and App didn't move the games up to noon. Who knows how fast it will go. Could speed up or slow down quickly.

KPSUL
September 28th, 2022, 02:23 PM
It is pointless to change game times now; it is suppose to rain from Eastern KY & TN through to the Virginia coast all weekend.

ElCid
September 28th, 2022, 05:08 PM
It is pointless to change game times now; it is suppose to rain from Eastern KY & TN through to the Virginia coast all weekend.

Speed changed again. Overhead Boone at game time now. May rain all weekend, but the wind may be an issue. I think that is what the may concern is. It'll still be a Depression past Charlotte.

ST_Lawson
September 28th, 2022, 08:34 PM

Probably about like that week 1 Chicago Bears game against the 49ers where the field turned into a slip-n-slide.

rtzlunar
September 28th, 2022, 10:28 PM
Which makes NO sense based on the Johnson Sh&tty weather forecast for Saturday. Heavy rain during the day with lighter rain at night. Guess they want me to get in trouble by skipping the 5 pm wedding I’m supposed to attend.

WestCoastAggie
September 29th, 2022, 06:48 AM
Bryant vs A&T is still scheduled for 7:30 pm est. The field at Truist Stadium will be a mud pit.

ElCid
September 29th, 2022, 08:22 AM
Which makes NO sense based on the Johnson Sh&tty weather forecast for Saturday. Heavy rain during the day with lighter rain at night. Guess they want me to get in trouble by skipping the 5 pm wedding I’m supposed to attend.

Eh, it was hard deciding to schedule on the front side or the backside since this thing keeps changing speed. Current forecast has the center over Boiling Springs NC at 8AM (good thing G-W is away). By 3PM it is overhead Boone. Or about 35 miles east of JC. So yeah, it didn't work out moving it up. The Bryant AT&T game is after it passes to the west of Greensboro, but the rain might make field conditions challenging, 2-4". Then again, it might change speed/direction yet again.

ElCid
September 29th, 2022, 10:11 AM
The 11 AM update has strom moving slightly to east and moving slightly faster.

wcugrad95
September 29th, 2022, 02:57 PM
Checking back in from just West or Orlando. I would put VERY LITTLE confidence in the projections. I mean they have still been changing them here today as the storm was leaving the area. The storm is going to go where it wants to go on its timetable. Things were pretty far off in the Sunshine state in terms of the track and speed. One of the predictions about 8 hours out had it going basically right over my house, and instead it was probably 60 or so miles south/southeast of me about 12 hours later. What I can tell you is it was a serious rain maker even 150-200 miles out when it was a Cat4 (and even Cat3). So make sure to pack your ponchos!