PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 5, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
September 27th, 2022, 07:47 AM
Not a whole lot of games to choose from. Some "big" matchups between evenly matched, but not top 10 teams, otherwise a couple of matchups with some intrigue or conference trajectory involved. Enjoy!

#39 Youngstown State @ #1 North Dakota State

#26 UC Davis @ #5 Montana State

#8 Missouri State @ # 31 North Dakota

#9 Holy Cross (Patriot) @ Harvard (Ivy)

#16 Samford @ #24 Furman

#18 Richmond @ #20 Elon

#22 Southern Illinois @ #37 Illinois State

#28 North Carolina Central (MEAC) @ Campbell (Big South)

#32 Princeton @ Columbia

crusader11
September 27th, 2022, 07:52 AM
Biased here, but I'll take preseason #1 in the PL vs. preseason #1 in the Ivy.

If HC wins on the road in Allston, running the table in the regular season becomes a real possibility.

FUBeAR
September 27th, 2022, 08:11 AM
Prefer to use these rankings where Samford @ Furman is a #9 vs. #11 matchup … and CLEARLY the FCS GOTW
https://twitter.com/versussportssim/status/1574074010303864834

wapiti
September 27th, 2022, 09:18 AM
MSU is a bit overrated and UC Davis is underrated.

This should be a good matchup.

Preferred Walk-On
September 27th, 2022, 09:19 AM
Prefer to use these rankings where Samford @ Furman is a #9 vs. #11 matchup … and CLEARLY the FCS GOTW
https://twitter.com/versussportssim/status/1574074010303864834

Not sure I would use rankings where NDSU is #6, but to each their own.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2022, 09:21 AM
Battle for Massachusetts!

Preferred Walk-On
September 27th, 2022, 09:21 AM

I do agree with you that they are the GOTW though, so there's that.

crusader11
September 27th, 2022, 11:29 AM
Battle for Massachusetts!

Regardless of level...

POD Knows
September 27th, 2022, 11:34 AM
Not sure I would use rankings where NDSU is #6, but to each their own.Looks about right to me if you base the poll exclusively on this year's performance.

Chalupa Batman
September 27th, 2022, 12:48 PM
Looks about right to me if you base the poll exclusively on this year's performance.

You could put the top 6 teams in any order and I wouldn’t have too much of a gripe so I could buy NDSU at 6.

Chalupa Batman
September 27th, 2022, 03:39 PM
Quite a few good options to choose from this week. Elon/Richmond, Samford/Furman, Missouri State/North Dakota, Holy Cross/Harvard, UC Davis/Montana State all worthy of serious consideration.

Preferred Walk-On
September 27th, 2022, 04:35 PM
You could put the top 6 teams in any order and I wouldn’t have too much of a gripe so I could buy NDSU at 6.

I have to respectfully disagree. Perhaps NDSU's play has been a little inconsistent, but when they show up, there is little the opponent has been able to do. Maybe #2 if you consider SDSU being a bit more well-rounded (can pass, run, and has played defense more consistently), but #6, no, just no.

Quite a few good options to choose from this week. Elon/Richmond, Samford/Furman, Missouri State/North Dakota, Holy Cross/Harvard, UC Davis/Montana State all worthy of serious consideration.

I completely agree. Not the best playing the best (no Top 10 matchups), but teams seem to be pretty evenly matched. Also, many of the matchups will help separate the wheat from the chaff or play a role in determining a teams trajectory and potential. I know it is only Week 5, but for some, there are not many more weeks to wait to show up.

POD Knows
September 27th, 2022, 05:15 PM
I got Holy Cross and Harvard here, honestly, I think they are both average but if HC wins this game decisively, then maybe they are for real.

Chalupa Batman
September 27th, 2022, 06:10 PM
I have to respectfully disagree. Perhaps NDSU's play has been a little inconsistent, but when they show up, there is little the opponent has been able to do. Maybe #2 if you consider SDSU being a bit more well-rounded (can pass, run, and has played defense more consistently), but #6, no, just no.

I completely agree. Not the best playing the best (no Top 10 matchups), but teams seem to be pretty evenly matched. Also, many of the matchups will help separate the wheat from the chaff or play a role in determining a teams trajectory and potential. I know it is only Week 5, but for some, there are not many more weeks to wait to show up.

I still like NDSU’s chances against the other teams I mentioned (SDSU, Sac State, Weber State, Montana, & Delaware) but any one of those teams could pick us off too. Any game involving any of those teams is likely to be a close game that comes down to the end and could very well go either way. We’re not head and shoulders above the field this season like usual, and that’s okay. In fact I’m kind of enjoying it, I find it more exciting.

FWIW I had a very hard time ranking those 6 teams, so I could accept seeing NDSU ranked anywhere from 1 to 6. I had NDSU at #3 behind SDSU & Montana.

The Cats
September 27th, 2022, 09:06 PM
#16 Samford @ #24 Furman