PDA

View Full Version : My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys...

McNeeserocket
October 18th, 2007, 06:08 PM
The Sports Network site has a nice story on how my McNeese Cowboys are winners on and off the field.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4108247.htm

Look about 1/3 of the way down under the "WINNING OFF THE GRIDIRON" section of this weeks article entitled Around FCS: By David Coulson, FCS Executive Director.

McTailGator
October 18th, 2007, 06:34 PM
The Sports Network site has a nice story on how my McNeese Cowboys are winners on and off the field.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4108247.htm

Look about 1/3 of the way down under the "WINNING OFF THE GRIDIRON" section of this weeks article entitled Around FCS: By David Coulson, FCS Executive Director.

WINNING OFF THE GRIDIRON

McNeese State has established itself as one of the top teams in FCS by winning their first six games this season. But the Cowboys came up with a bigger win off the field on Wednesday afternoon.

With rainy weather in Lake Charles, La. on Wednesday, the Cowboys were on their way to practice at the school's Burton Coliseum when players witnessed an accident that involved a school bus.

The bus, which was carrying grade-school children, turned over in a ditch on the west side of Common Street, near the Lake Charles Municipal Airport.

One of the first players to race to the scene was Kenneth Lundy, a senior defensive tackle.

"We were there only seconds after it happened," said Lundy. "I stopped my car right in the middle of the highway and we all began pitching in to get the kids out of the bus."

Several players worked to open the emergency door in the back of the bus, while Lundy, Detrick Taylor, LaDairus Key and John Hamilton began helping children out of the front of the bus.

Fourteen other McNeese players, Travis Thibodeaux, David Turnage, Vaalyn Jackson, Garren Jim, Tyson Sibley, John Ledet, Bernardo Henry, Bryant Mason, Josh Ellison, John Vigers, Geremy Pilate, Allen Nelson, Brian Harvey and Josh Wagner, arrived on the scene in the next few moments to help with the rescue efforts.

"We put them all in Travis' pickup truck and carried them over to Burton Coliseum," Lundy said.

McNeese athletic trainer Jim Murphy treated the children when they arrived at the arena until emergency medical personnel arrived.

McNeeserocket
October 18th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I think I could have just as easily said that my Cowboys have always been heroes!

MR. CHICKEN
October 19th, 2007, 10:21 AM
MAMA'S.......DON'T LET YER BABIES....GROW UP TA BE COWBOYS.....xsmhx..AWK!