PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Week 5 Southland Conference Pick ‘em

McCowboys
September 26th, 2022, 07:18 AM
Poll: Week 5 Southland Conference Pick ‘em
No awards or prizes. Keep track of your own record during the season. When all is said and done, we will recognize the winner or winners. I hope to have a poll, but if not, just copy and paste and bold your selections.

Seven SLC teams are in action in week #5. Commerce takes the week off.
Three games are conference matchups: HCU-Lamar; Nicholls-Northwestern State; and McNeese-UIW. While SLU, fresh off a huge win over previously undefeated UIW, steps out of conference to host OVC Murray State.
Two SLC teams are still winless on the year, Lamar and Nicholls, as McNeese (a win over DII Mississippi College/GSC) and Northwestern State (a victory over Lamar) picked up their first wins of the season Saturday.

HBU at Lamar 10/1/2022 3:00 PM
Nicholls at Northwestern State 10/1/2022 3:30 PM
Murray State at Southeastern 10/1/2022 6:00 PM
McNeese at UIW 10/1/2022 6:00 PM

McCowboys
September 26th, 2022, 06:54 PM
Make sure to vote in this week's poll. Four games are on tap. Lamar and Nicholls are still seeking their first win of the season. Interesting matchup between the OVC and SLC in the Murray State - SLU contest. McNeese did not do well against Montana State and will have another chance to show progress against ranked FCS foe UIW.

McCowboys
September 29th, 2022, 07:13 PM
Prayers to all who are dealing with Hurricane Ian. My friends in Louisiana understand what you're going through.

If you haven't submitted your poll vote, please take the time to do so. So far, all are in agreement for the four games in the SLC this week, and so any win by "the others" would be a major upset.

McNeese72
October 2nd, 2022, 03:43 PM
Went 2-2 this week so now I am 23-11 for the season. I am not very good at this. :)

Doc

McCowboys
October 2nd, 2022, 04:22 PM
No one else has posted their record, and I didn't even vote in week 1. Still, I would imagine you are #1 or very close to it. I think Puddin' (Lamar) has done well, too. The SLC is crazy. Northwestern State leads the conference with a 2-0 record. However, their wins have come at home over teams who are both 0-5 on the season. SLU and UIW are clearly at the top, but "any given Saturday."