PDA

View Full Version : (2-1) Youngstown State @ (3-1) North Dakota State

BeamMeUp
September 25th, 2022, 07:33 AM
YSU is coming off a bye week after getting shutout at #9 Kentucky 31-0. NDSU is coming in after a road MVFC win over USD after an impressive 2nd half against the Coyotes.

NDSU will come in as heavy favorites. Massey has it at 31-13.

I do think this will be an intriguing match-up as NDSU's offensive strength (running the football) will be put up against YSU's defensive strength (defending against the run). In three games thus far, YSU has given up just 51 yards on the ground against Duquesne, 55 yards on the ground against Dayton, and 103 yards on the ground against Kentucky, which is good enough for 69.9 yards per game (#11 in FCS). NDSU on the other hand is averaging 265.5 yards per game on the ground, well ahead of the 120 yards per game passing they have through 4 games. I would expect NDSU to utilize the play-action quite a bit as they will try to exploit the much weaker pass defense of YSU. However, it is worth mentioning that YSU does have 9 sacks and 7 interceptions (#2 in FCS) through 3 games, including 2 interceptions and 4 sacks in Lexington.

Just saying that based on the strength vs. strength, this could be a bit closer than Massey has it. However if YSU wants to have any chance of an upset, they will have to find a way to throw the football as their pass offense was anemic against Kentucky and I believe they will struggle to rush it consistently against the Bison.

BeamMeUp

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2022, 08:53 AM
If the Bison team that played the 2nd half in Vermillion shows up for the whole game, this game is a total blowout.

This will be the same as in every game this year, YSU will have 8-9 guys close to the line of scrimmage to try and stop the run. Play man on the outside and hope they slow the run down. NDSU needs a WR to step up and become a legit threat. Sproles was not in the game yesterday and I didn't even notice.....biggest overrated WR NDSU has ever had. But if they can run the ball like they did yesterday the rest of the season, there is no need to pass the ball more than 10-20 times/game.

USD could not stop A gap power up the middle.

And IMO, NDSU needs to take a couple of the RBs out of the rotation. Luepke/Williams/Johnson is all they need the rest of the way until garbage time at the end of the games. 6-7 RB rotation is nonsense IMO now.

ysubigred
September 25th, 2022, 09:38 AM
I'm a realist about the teams I root for and I'm not giving the Guins much of a chance. The Defense can only hang in there so much.

YSUs young coaches on offense reminds me of the Klacic days of offense. YSU has weapons all over the field and the O coordinator will stick to what's not working and have no half time adjustment.

Unless #10 is utilized to his strengths that's another weak link. USDs QB is much better than #10 and USD had a bad way to go in the second half.

I'd love to see the Guins play lights out and be unleashed. Could be the only way to keep it close.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 09:58 AM
I'm a realist about the teams I root for and I'm not giving the Guins much of a chance. The Defense can only hang in there so much.

YSUs young coaches on offense reminds me of the Klacic days of offense. YSU has weapons all over the field and the O coordinator will stick to what's not working and have no half time adjustment.

Unless #10 is utilized to his strengths that's another week link. USDs QB is much better than #10 and USD had a bad way to go in the second half.

I'd love to see the Guins play lights out and be unleashed. Could be be the only way to keep it close.

Sent from my SM-G990U using TapatalkPut 8 or 9 in the box all day long, man to man press coverage on the WR's as we have the least physical WR's in all of FCS football and you will be fine.

ysubigred
September 25th, 2022, 10:21 AM
Umm.. easier said than done

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2022, 10:29 AM
Put 8 or 9 in the box all day long, man to man press coverage on the WR's as we have the least physical WR's in all of FCS football and you will be fine.

NDSU could have run A gap power up the middle all game long yesterday and won the game. I haven't watched much of YSU this year but if they are soft on the interior, this game will be an easy Bison win IMO.

Roehl had me scratching my head. This RB by committee is fine if it is 3 guys, maybe 4 but 7-8 guys is nonsense. Willams looked good yesterday but Roehl brings in Bussey/Marshall to give them carries and there is no need for that. Gonnella once in awhile is fine but I think if they would stick to Luepke/Williams/Johnson the running game would be even better.

NDSU's OL is getting better as the season goes on. Which says something because they were pretty darn good to start the season.

penguinpower
September 25th, 2022, 10:40 AM
YSU had 4 sacks and many TFL's against Kentucky. They also had 2 interceptions and forced 3 fumbles. I think they had 9 TFL'S and the LB's played well. Strength is up the middle with safties and LB's thus far but corners are weak.

- - - Updated - - -

The question is can YSU handle NDSU for 40 minutes. Offense doesn't do ****

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 10:43 AM
NDSU could have run A gap power up the middle all game long yesterday and won the game. I haven't watched much of YSU this year but if they are soft on the interior, this game will be an easy Bison win IMO.

Roehl had me scratching my head. This RB by committee is fine if it is 3 guys, maybe 4 but 7-8 guys is nonsense. Willams looked good yesterday but Roehl brings in Bussey/Marshall to give them carries and there is no need for that. Gonnella once in awhile is fine but I think if they would stick to Luepke/Williams/Johnson the running game would be even better.

NDSU's OL is getting better as the season goes on. Which says something because they were pretty darn good to start the season.Lost some depth at OL yesterday I think with Jenson getting hurt.

USD's D is not good, Cal Poly shredded them, I wouldn't get too excited about the NDSU offensive performance against them. It seems pretty clear that Miller cannot consistently throw the ball downfield, so, 9 in the box, concede a completion or two to our WRs and take your chances.

I agree with you on this RB by committee deal, no need to go that deep every game, save Bussey/Marshall/Gonnella for garbage time or teach them how to catch a ball or something.

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2022, 10:43 AM

NDSU's OL is getting better as the season goes on. Which says something because they were pretty darn good to start the season.

I still do not understand what goes through Tyler's head. He was a bellcow back when he played and how he can sit there and not use Williams/Luepke on 90-95% of the A gap runs makes no sense to me. Johnson is a great outside of the tackles runner and since we have no receivers who give a damn, try Bussey in a Ryan Smith role and let him try the slot or these massive end-arounds. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and use what we know works.

Hammerhead
September 25th, 2022, 10:47 AM
Put 8 or 9 in the box all day long, man to man press coverage on the WR's as we have the least physical WR's in all of FCS football and you will be fine.

Yeah, but we have a fullback and tight ends who can catch passes.

BeamMeUp
September 25th, 2022, 10:47 AM
I haven't watched much of YSU this year but if they are soft on the interior, this game will be an easy Bison win IMO.
Prob not too soft if they gave up just 103 yards to #9 Kentucky on the ground and are averaging just 69 ypg of rush defense...

NDSU could have a field day throwing all over us however unless we attempt to tighten up the coverage.

Even if we hold our own defensively, if we inept offensively again we stand no chance.

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 10:48 AM
I still do not understand what goes through Tyler's head. He was a bellcow back when he played and how he can sit there and not use Williams/Luepke on 90-95% of the A gap runs makes no sense to me. Johnson is a great outside of the tackles runner and since we have no receivers who give a damn, try Bussey in a Ryan Smith role and let him try the slot or these massive end-arounds. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and use what we know works.
How about Gonnella in the slot, he is a short stop in BB, maybe he has good hands and can catch a football. Our WR's are frustrating, I hope these younger guys are going to be better.

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 10:51 AM
Yeah, but we have a fullback and tight ends who can catch passes.So, these guys in the box still have pass defensive responsibilities. We struggled against JMU continuously on offense and that is basically what they did although I get that most teams do not have their defensive personnel.

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2022, 10:54 AM
How about Gonnella in the slot, he is a short stop in BB, maybe he has good hands and can catch a football. Our WR's are frustrating, I hope these younger guys are going to be better.

I would be fine with that too. Both of them have talent but running 7-8 guys a game prevents anyone from getting any sort of rhythm, (unless you are Luepke and the best fullback in college football), but this way, you run 2-3 a game and get the ball into their hands while also helping Cam from being so obvious who he is going to every play, (Mathis, Gindorff, or missing the receiver by 10 yards).

mmiller_34
September 25th, 2022, 11:01 AM
Penguins will have no answer for our A-gap power.

BeamMeUp
September 25th, 2022, 11:12 AM
This Kentucky highlight video pretty much illustrates everything mentioned about YSU. Pretty solid rush defense, soft pass defense, inept offense: https://youtu.be/mZkzFUGnEuo

AmsterBison
September 25th, 2022, 11:20 AM
Penguins will have no answer for our A-gap power.

We'll see. I know NDSU isn't going to change the offensive game plan much, if at all, because they never do.

Do what you do best, and if the other team can stop it, then hats off to them. Too many coaching staffs think themselves into an L.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2022, 01:39 PM
This Kentucky highlight video pretty much illustrates everything mentioned about YSU. Pretty solid rush defense, soft pass defense, inept offense: https://youtu.be/mZkzFUGnEuo

Thanks for posting this.

NDSU's OL is better than this Kentucky OL... FBS or not. YSU's DL looks better compared to USD's in this video but NDSU runs power with OL pulling into the gap and most other college teams do not.

Looking forward to this matchup.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Lost some depth at OL yesterday I think with Jenson getting hurt.

USD's D is not good, Cal Poly shredded them, I wouldn't get too excited about the NDSU offensive performance against them. It seems pretty clear that Miller cannot consistently throw the ball downfield, so, 9 in the box, concede a completion or two to our WRs and take your chances.

I agree with you on this RB by committee deal, no need to go that deep every game, save Bussey/Marshall/Gonnella for garbage time or teach them how to catch a ball or something.

Jensen probably is fine. He got up on his own and walked off. Zabel came in and did pretty well so I think the OL will be fine if Nash is out.

With the run game....USD was determined to stop it and couldn't. They knew what was coming and the Bison still rushed for 360.

Against YSU the last 5 games the Bison have rushed for 454, 243, 251, 163, 280 all wins. Maybe NDSU comes out and tries to exploit the pass defense...who knows. But until a team can consistently stop the Bison run game, pound it!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2022, 01:49 PM

Luepke/Williams are big and break tackles and should be the workhorses in the run game. Johnson is fine on the edge and Gonnella is serviceable but Bussey is not a between the tackles guy. He bounced outside yesterday and fumbled the ball. Ya, put him in the slot to give him a try. Our WR corp is a huge weakness IMO. I'd try some FR to see what they got.

ysubigred
September 25th, 2022, 07:04 PM
Just a thought,, over the last 10 or so seasons YSU has a dismal record after a bye week.. was too lazy to look it up but the guins usually loose..

Time for a change. [emoji458]

Paladin1aa
September 25th, 2022, 07:35 PM
From my view the key to the game is the YSU O. They have a QB who is a pretty good runner but they have not turned him loose in the first 3 games. Kept it vanilla. If they turn him loose while using an All American RB and a play action pass game, they will keep it close. Play field position , maintain some ball control and keep it a close scoring affair. Then , as they say, on any given Saturday, anything is possible. But if they don’t, the Bison win going away.

Im picking the Bison to win , but YSU has made improvements over last year. The problem, as I see it so far, is the coaches are too conservative and are holding back, going against the abilities of the players. NDSU is its usual self. YSU has played the Bison tough some years, but limited themselves, leading to some near misses.

Go Guins !

Gil Dobie
September 26th, 2022, 06:32 AM
My concern is more the NDSU defense. Still a work in progress. YSU can find the soft spots on the defense by watching the Arizona film. It might not be enough to get a win for the Pens, but they could make it a game.

BeamMeUp
September 26th, 2022, 07:27 AM
They have a QB who is a pretty good runner but they have not turned him loose in the first 3 games.
The offensive staff should watch MSU Bear film to see how they utilize their mobile QB. They need to stop waiting and let him loose now that we are in conference play.

semobison
September 26th, 2022, 07:39 AM
My concern is more the NDSU defense. Still a work in progress. YSU can find the soft spots on the defense by watching the Arizona film. It might not be enough to get a win for the Pens, but they could make it a game.

Yep, the Guins have the best RB that we have faced so far and our run defense is not up to par yet this season. If they can run the ball they have a chance to keep it close.

The Yo Show
September 26th, 2022, 09:25 AM
Yep, the Guins have the best RB that we have faced so far and our run defense is not up to par yet this season. If they can run the ball they have a chance to keep it close.

Problem is, our OC thinks that running Jaleel up the middle alot is the best play around, especially on obvious passing situations (3rd and long in which it will be run as a draw play). Jaleel is very talented, but we aren't even utilizing his talents appropriately in our run game. Would be nice to introduce some RPOs or read option between him and Crenshaw.

Paladin1aa
September 26th, 2022, 09:49 AM
Problem is, our OC thinks that running Jaleel up the middle alot is the best play around, especially on obvious passing situations (3rd and long in which it will be run as a draw play). Jaleel is very talented, but we aren't even utilizing his talents appropriately in our run game. Would be nice to introduce some RPOs or read option between him and Crenshaw.

Frankly, our Offensive Coordinator is offensive. I’m viewing this now as we are where everyone thought we would be after 3 games at 2-1. They didnt need to show much in early light weight games or a money game against a Top 10 FBS team. YSU has stocked up on excellent transfers, gotten bigger and stronger over last year and added some new wrinkles to the O but has so far failed to show it. Maybe they are saving it for NDSU. At this point, while they are where we expected to be, it’s still disappointing.

I look for an interesting game, one that might be in doubt or one that’s a rerun. It’s up to the OC.

The Yo Show
September 26th, 2022, 09:59 AM
In any case, I am optimistic about the direction this program is headed. I would like to see the on field product next fall after another year of recruiting, player development with the Philips staff! Keep everyone, with the exception of changing the offensive coordinator.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 26th, 2022, 12:43 PM
When you predominately play a Tampa 2 zone coverage defense there are always holes in the defense. NDSU's defense filled their fits infinitely better in the 2nd half against USD. Need to continue to do that and keep improving.

Maybe we'll see more of the passing game this saturday.

Penguin Nation
September 26th, 2022, 03:50 PM
I agree re: optimism. I could see 7 wins this year and an at-large. But…I don’t see deep playoff runs with the sabotage occurring with the OC and worst play calling in decades.

As far as the Bison are concerned, I don’t see too many scenarios where this results in a W. The best offensive play vs Kentucky was the pass to Jaleel. His speed in space is epic. Crenshaw needs to run.

Paladin1aa
September 26th, 2022, 06:30 PM
I agree re: optimism. I could see 7 wins this year and an at-large. But…I don’t see deep playoff runs with the sabotage occurring with the OC and worst play calling in decades.

As far as the Bison are concerned, I don’t see too many scenarios where this results in a W. The best offensive play vs Kentucky was the pass to Jaleel. His speed in space is epic. Crenshaw needs to run.

Crenshaw doesn’t need to run ,he has to run. Jaleel is excellent but can’t be the focal point of the O. There has to be another serious run threat to complement a pass game. While this edition of NDSU is good, they aren’t up to standards. A balanced O can give them a challenge. We have decent D this year and I look forward to see how they handle the Bison O.

As to optimism, I’ll give them a pass, but fail badly in this game and I’ll believe my original outlook is still valid - 4 wins with a solid shot at maybe 5. They have to show they are competitive in the league. While the league is down this year, it only falls so far.

The recruiting for next year will be an early warning system - return to signing a bunch of Valley players and they will regress again. Hit the portal again and hit Florida with Ohios 3 Cs . Do that and the future is bright with the current Frosh.

BeamMeUp
September 28th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Let's do it again boys! Go Penguins
https://i.postimg.cc/Ssqb3SHW/image.png

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2022, 10:39 AM
I miss Bo when these YSU games roll around for the Bison....

https://media.bleacherreport.com/w_800,h_533,c_fill/br-img-images/003/546/264/hi-res-26547db14df47f90589e9b518dd01bc4_crop_north.jpg

I'm pretty sure that this picture was taken inside the Fargodome. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2022, 12:21 PM
Bo's brother was awesome also!!!

Looks like the game is going to be a sellout!!

ysubigred
September 30th, 2022, 01:03 PM

https://media.bleacherreport.com/w_800,h_533,c_fill/br-img-images/003/546/264/hi-res-26547db14df47f90589e9b518dd01bc4_crop_north.jpg

I'm pretty sure that this picture was taken inside the Fargodome. :DI believe he was pissed watching the golden Buffalo kneel during the anthem..

Preferred Walk-On
September 30th, 2022, 03:00 PM
Let's do it again boys! Go Penguins
https://i.postimg.cc/Ssqb3SHW/image.png

That was only a little over 11 yr ago (honestly, I had forgotten this game). So old that we had pre-Gate City Bank turf and uniforms. I was at this one, just didn't remember it.

The one I did remember was the following year...homecoming...Oct 6 (pretty close to Oct 1)...Fargodome...#1 vs. #3...and you probably remember what happened. Quite honestly, I was pretty shocked at that outcome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgCiNqB2-7Y

Paladin1aa
September 30th, 2022, 03:19 PM
YSU game notes show no changes in starters. We still have the same OC. No telling what will happen,lol.

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2022, 04:22 PM
That was only a little over 11 yr ago (honestly, I had forgotten this game). So old that we had pre-Gate City Bank turf and uniforms. I was at this one, just didn't remember it.

The one I did remember was the following year...homecoming...Oct 6 (pretty close to Oct 1)...Fargodome...#1 vs. #3...and you probably remember what happened. Quite honestly, I was pretty shocked at that outcome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgCiNqB2-7Y
I remember it... just like in poker you remember the beats more than the wins. I remember thinking there was no way they would lose since YSU wasn't even a playoff team that year and it was Senior Day for a pretty big senior class that year. IIRC YSU kind of ran all over the Bison defense and there were a lot of broken/missed tackles... I also remember Bison RB DJ McNorton losing a fumble where he lost the ball on a run with no YSU defender even near him. Turned out it may have been a good thing to bring them down to earth a bit and refocus them for the playoffs since they still got the MVFC autobid and the #2 seed (much to the consternation of fans of #3 seed Georgia Southern) and the rest was history.

BeamMeUp
September 30th, 2022, 08:51 PM
Let's get an upset over #1 before the GOAT retires in February

https://i.postimg.cc/TYh9NBh0/23.jpg

NDSU1980
September 30th, 2022, 09:32 PM

I'm pretty sure that this picture was taken inside the Fargodome. :D

Nope, pic was taken in Youngstown.

When Bo was having his meltdown Shawn said "I've never seen anything like it". Then Timmerman said "But Nebraska fans have".

Chalupa Batman
September 30th, 2022, 11:01 PM
Nope, pic was taken in Youngstown.

When Bo was having his meltdown Shawn said "I've never seen anything like it". Then Timmerman said "But Nebraska fans have".

I’m guessing it wasn’t in Youngstown since the ‘Guins are in the white uni’s. But this being Bo, it could’ve been taken at literally any road game.

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 12:49 AM
It was in Youngstown. And the Bo Pelini rule went into effect across all of college football the next season. Not only is Youngstown known for inventing the penalty flag (air horns were used before the yellow penalty flag . YSU's head coach, Beade, had his wife sew some red bean bag penalty flags he handed out to the referees), but we're also known for the Pelini rule where a head coach can be called for a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. This went into effect after his complete sideline meltdown and this was the game where that happened. NDSU was part of that history I guess.

Anyhow, Pelini was messing around with uniform combinations. For whatever reason he had us wearing away jerseys at home with red pants. He ditched the black pants and went with all red or white with red pants and then away uniforms were all white with red striping. Yes this game was in Youngstown and it made national news.

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 12:51 AM
I believe that was the last game he allowed them to wear black pants too.

The Yo Show
October 1st, 2022, 04:22 AM
It was in Youngstown. And the Bo Pelini rule went into effect across all of college football the next season. Not only is Youngstown known for inventing the penalty flag (air horns were used before the yellow penalty flag . YSU's head coach, Beade, had his wife sew some red bean bag penalty flags he handed out to the referees), but we're also known for the Pelini rule where a head coach can be called for a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. This went into effect after his complete sideline meltdown and this was the game where that happened. NDSU was part of that history I guess.

Anyhow, Pelini was messing around with uniform combinations. For whatever reason he had us wearing away jerseys at home with red pants. He ditched the black pants and went with all red or white with red pants and then away uniforms were all white with red striping. Yes this game was in Youngstown and it made national news.

Sadly, you have to get the Pelini meltdowns numbered. That meltdown the image was from was for sure from an away game. There have never been Harley signs like that at YSU.

BeamMeUp
October 1st, 2022, 05:30 AM
It was in Youngstown.

No chance this was in Youngstown. We don't wear white at home, we don't have advertisements on the walls of the home stands, and judging by the lighting it is in a dome.

My money is on 2015 at South Dakota. Look at what Bo and the team is wearing: https://ysusports.com/galleries/football/ysu-football-vs-south-dakota-oct-3-2015/image-11/172/20640

Professor Chaos
October 1st, 2022, 05:43 AM
Yeah, it wasn't from his and Carl's infamous meltdown game vs NDSU but looking at the background I'm probably mistaken about it being in Fargodome. Guessing from the lighting though that it was indoors somewhere... UNI or USD maybe???

...but there is video of that epic Pelini bros meltdown vs NDSU in Youngstown in 2015. :D

https://youtu.be/o7N71odGDH0

Gil Dobie
October 1st, 2022, 06:01 AM
Bo knows!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2022, 06:38 AM
North Dakota State Hosts Youngstown State for Homecoming Game Saturday - NDSU (gobison.com) (https://gobison.com/news/2022/9/26/football-north-dakota-state-hosts-youngstown-state-for-homecoming-game-saturday.aspx)

Bison Media Blog: 5 things to watch in the Bison-Youngstown game - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-media-blog-5-things-to-watch-in-the-bison-youngstown-game)

Bison 34-13

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 06:51 AM
Getting older. Sometimes things run together.

ysubigred
October 1st, 2022, 07:31 AM
One thing for sure, Bo lives rent free in the dumb asses on this thread heads..

Guy is irrelevant and you dumb ****s still resurrecting him [emoji1787]

ysubigred
October 1st, 2022, 07:55 AM
North Dakota State Hosts Youngstown State for Homecoming Game Saturday - NDSU (gobison.com) (https://gobison.com/news/2022/9/26/football-north-dakota-state-hosts-youngstown-state-for-homecoming-game-saturday.aspx)

Bison Media Blog: 5 things to watch in the Bison-Youngstown game - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-media-blog-5-things-to-watch-in-the-bison-youngstown-game)

Bison 34-13If YSU scored 13 I'll be shocked..

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2022, 08:44 AM
If YSU scored 13 I'll be shocked..

NDSU's defense is a work in progress this year and it wouldn't surprise me if YSU scores a couple of TDs.

ysubigred
October 1st, 2022, 08:54 AM
NDSU's defense is a work in progress this year and it wouldn't surprise me if YSU scores a couple of TDs.Did you see YSU'S offense..

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2022, 08:59 AM
Did you see YSU'S offense..

YSU will get some rushing yards in this game. If NDSU turns it over like last weekend, this game will be closer than my score prediction.

ysubigred
October 1st, 2022, 09:09 AM
YSU will get some rushing yards in this game. If NDSU turns it over like last weekend, this game will be closer than my score prediction.Well I'm hoping the real YSU shows up.. IF the 1st 3 games are the real YSU offensive schemes then it'll be a long year. Defensively I'm on board just a bit soft on pass coverage.

Paladin1aa
October 1st, 2022, 10:37 AM
Trust me, you haven’t seen much of the YSU playbook. But if the OC doesn’t use it this game, he should be fired. The D, if they don’t have to be on the field all day ,should be effective against NDSU. I’m expecting a lot of zone secondary coverage.

Paladin1aa
October 1st, 2022, 10:42 AM
BTW, I see this going one of 2 ways -

either a NDSU win, say 35-14 or a late affair with someone winning a 35-31 game.

BeamMeUp
October 1st, 2022, 10:52 AM
BTW, I see this going one of 2 ways -

either a NDSU win, say 35-14 or a late affair with someone winning a 35-31 game.

I think people forget that our inept offense caused our defense to be on the field for 38 of the 60 minutes against #9 Kentucky. Yes they gave up 31 points, but they certainly held their own with 4 sacks, 9.5 tackles for loss, and 2 interceptions... all while being out there a considerable portion of the contest.

If our offense is able to sustain some drives and keep our defense fresh, I could see this being closer than people expect.

Paladin1aa
October 1st, 2022, 12:59 PM
I think people forget that our inept offense caused our defense to be on the field for 38 of the 60 minutes against #9 Kentucky. Yes they gave up 31 points, but they certainly held their own with 4 sacks, 9.5 tackles for loss, and 2 interceptions... all while being out there a considerable portion of the contest.

If our offense is able to sustain some drives and keep our defense fresh, I could see this being closer than people expect.

Exactly, Beam. I agree.

ysubigred
October 1st, 2022, 01:19 PM
Not sure that anyone on the YSU coaching staff understands how football is played?

3rd - 12 run up the middle 3rd and 2 let an inept QB throw 10 yards over and away from his receiver..

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 01:20 PM
The QB is just so bad. Look at his lack of footwork. Wow. How do we even have a QB coach?

dewey
October 1st, 2022, 01:21 PM
After a late hit by YSU #58 NDSU has thr ball 1st and 10 at the YSU 30.

Dewey

dewey
October 1st, 2022, 01:23 PM
Big throw and catch on the wheel route to Luepke. What a catch by Luepke.

Touchdown Majestic beast! 8 straight games with a touchdown for Luepke!

YSU had the play defended pretty good but a really nice throw by Miller and catch by Luepke.

7-0 NDSU 737 to go 1st quarter.

Dewey

ysubigred
October 1st, 2022, 01:23 PM
Not even close,,, best player on the field 44 in green.. xbowx

ysubigred
October 1st, 2022, 01:25 PM
The QB is just so bad. Look at his lack of footwork. Wow. How do we even have a QB coach?Why is #10 the QB?

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 01:26 PM
Why is #10 the QB?

I'm truly living in a world I don't understand. He's not a QB

BeamMeUp
October 1st, 2022, 01:28 PM
Inept

dewey
October 1st, 2022, 01:29 PM
3 straight 3 and outs for the Penguins.

NDSU to get the ball back with great field position.

13 total yards for YSU so far.

Dewey

ysubigred
I'm truly living in a world I don't understand. He's not a QBTruly embarrassed how bad YSU football has become since Tressel left the HC job..

The Yo Show
How did he miss Jaleel on that pass attempt?

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 01:31 PM
How did he miss Jaleel on that pass attempt?

He's not a QB and the OC and QB coaches are not helping that situation

dewey
October 1st, 2022, 01:36 PM
Touchdown Luepke!

14-0 NDSU 027 to go 1st quarter.

Dewey

The Yo Show
October 1st, 2022, 01:41 PM
Well my optimism was misplaced lol. Going to be a blowout

Paladin1aa
October 1st, 2022, 01:43 PM
NDSU is playing well on both sides of the ball. Here’s a thought - get our 2nd team QB in. Throw until they stop loading th3 box.

The Yo Show
October 1st, 2022, 01:47 PM
We got lucky there. 3 and 9 run the ball? Jaleel broke that tackle.

Paladin1aa
October 1st, 2022, 01:50 PM
Inept.

BeamMeUp
October 1st, 2022, 01:50 PM
Absolutely disgraceful. That was 100% on our coaching staff. FG's won't beat NDSU.

The Yo Show
October 1st, 2022, 01:51 PM
We are lined up on the half yard line... Why in the hell do we do a run play from 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 01:52 PM
The offensive coaching staff is not even at a high school level.

BeamMeUp
We are lined up on the half yard line... Why in the hell do we do a run play from 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.
THIS. Run QB sneak on 3rd down. Unfortunately in today's game these OC's across the game love going out of a shotgun look when you need 1 yard.

dewey
14-3 NDSU leads 1035 to go 2nd quarter.

Dewey

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 01:53 PM
There was less than 12 seconds on the play clock when they ran him in. Totally ****ing inept

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 02:00 PM
This is exactly what we expected. Leave the defense on the field the entire game. They just won't be able to hold up.

ysubigred
October 1st, 2022, 02:04 PM
Nothing else to say.. even the defense sucks ass.

See you next week.

Go Guins..

dewey
October 1st, 2022, 02:10 PM
McLaughlin is a darn good running back.

Dewey

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 02:14 PM
McLaughlin is a darn good running back.

Dewey

But you simply have to have some sense of balance in play calling and a QB that can get the ball into the hands of the receivers.

Play calling is awful

BeamMeUp
October 1st, 2022, 02:18 PM
We supposedly have a mobile QB. His arm isn't good, so why not try to get him out in the open... It makes too much sense.

Very disappointing half.

Paladin1aa
October 1st, 2022, 02:19 PM
Well, now time for 2nd half adjustments,lol.

1. Bench Crenshaw. Start our backup.

2. throw the ball.

3. tell the OC he is coaching for his job second half,lol

BeamMeUp
October 1st, 2022, 02:21 PM

2. throw the ball.

It is quite evident this OC has no confidence in Crenshaw judging by his ultra conservative playcalling. Agree that we need to give Mitch a shot. We aren't coming back to win this game. Best we can do is make it respectable.

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 02:23 PM

2. throw the ball.

This^^^^^^^^

The Yo Show
October 1st, 2022, 02:27 PM

2. throw the ball.

I am not a coach, that being said, I have no doubt I can playcall better than what we have seen for offense.

Paladin1aa
October 1st, 2022, 02:32 PM
It is quite evident this OC has no confidence in Crenshaw judging by his ultra conservative playcalling. Agree that we need to give Mitch a shot. We aren't coming back to win this game. Best we can do is make it respectable.

All joking aside, NDSU has recruited well and coaches well. YSU remains a joke under the current AD. Been warning about this for long time. I’ll wait to see what they do second half, but still doesn’t look like a winning season for YSU in the MVFC.

If you thought Wolf was bad because he couldn’t find a DC, this clown show scream a wholesale coach staff firing. Trouble with that is the current AD would continue to do the hiring. Total ineptness.

The Yo Show
October 1st, 2022, 02:49 PM
Was the playclock off then? That looked like a delay of game

BeamMeUp
October 1st, 2022, 03:03 PM
Better drive with Davidson over Crenshaw. Somehow it is only 21-6.

Feels like 56-6.

dewey
October 1st, 2022, 03:46 PM
Touchdown Penguins. McLaughlin with the receiving TD.

NDSU 24 YSU 14 430 to go 4th quarter.

Seems obvious to me that Davidson is the YSU starter going forward.

Dewey

The Yo Show
October 1st, 2022, 03:59 PM
Good game by NDSU. I do wonder what the game would have been had Mitch started this game.

BeamMeUp
October 1st, 2022, 04:02 PM
Much better 2nd half by YSU, especially offensively after Mitch replaced the benched Crenshaw. Mitch has to be the guy moving forward.

Our defense is good enough to keep us in every game. Now need 4 quarters out of our offense.

We will see if we can build on 2nd half momentum next week. Need to learn from the disastrous 1st half.

semobison
October 1st, 2022, 04:09 PM
McLaughin is a 185 pound dude! 150 yards rushing, 43 yards receiving. Amazing player for his size!

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 04:19 PM
If they only put the backup QB in to start the game. Glad we held them to 2 field goals in the second half. We have aot to build on. Another year of recruiting will do us well

penguinpower
October 1st, 2022, 05:22 PM
We will soon find out how legitimate YSU is with the up coming games. I am happy that we are physical. Several NDSU players went out with minor injuries. I hope they can return soon. I am willing to bet we were the most physical team NDSU has faced thus far in the year.

That being said, does it translate into wins in other games this year? I think we are better than a lot of teams but with such a liability at QB does it matter? I am happy we held NDSU to 6 points in the second half with a defense that had been on the field for such a long time in the first half.

Are we a top 25 team? Maybe if we can develop the back up. But he had some bad throws. Who knows where we will end up this year. 50/50.

ysubigred
October 1st, 2022, 07:27 PM
Overall, I'm not disappointed. 100% sure after 4 games YSU would be 2-2. Expected to be a bit more competitive against NDSU. 2nd half was encouraging and the defense stepped it up. Most of the YSU faithful has been calling for a QB change so hopefully this is the right time.

UND is something YSU struggles with,, a bad ass passing attack. Thank goodness the game is in Y-Town.

Right now I'm penciling in the Guins @ 6-5. Mo State and SIU will be looking for payback.

Good job Bison you all are the league standard and hopefully we'll get there soon [emoji106]

Paladin1aa
October 1st, 2022, 07:39 PM
As expected and predicted, YSU finishes first 4 games 2-2. However, they show numerous problems, many that won’t be solved without better recruiting and maybe a few new coach hires.

Bottom line, they will win 4 games with a shot to pick up a fifth win. That was my preseason prediction and seen nothing to change it no matter how hopeful I was. No QB, weak OL, poor coaching. It is what it is.

BisonTru
October 1st, 2022, 08:05 PM
McLaughin is a 185 pound dude! 150 yards rushing, 43 yards receiving. Amazing player for his size!

This. Also impressed with the LB core. Specifically #7 and #48. Other than that YSU was a bit out muscled.

ysubigred
October 1st, 2022, 09:07 PM
This. Also impressed with the LB core. Specifically #7 and #48. Other than that YSU was a bit out muscled.You had to notice #17 on YSUs defense.

Close to our famous combination of 9-11.
Love to have those two back..

penguinpower
October 2nd, 2022, 05:57 AM
Also #23 Marcus Hooker had a great game on defense. The Ohio State transfer was very good

BeamMeUp
October 2nd, 2022, 06:17 AM
As expected and predicted, YSU finishes first 4 games 2-2. However, they show numerous problems, many that won’t be solved without better recruiting and maybe a few new coach hires.

Bottom line, they will win 4 games with a shot to pick up a fifth win. That was my preseason prediction and seen nothing to change it no matter how hopeful I was. No QB, weak OL, poor coaching. It is what it is.

If you base things on the first half, I agree on 4 wins. If you base things on the second half, then it will certainly be more. We clearly have a glaring weakness at QB that will hold us back in league play unless the offensive staff adapts to the strengths of whoever we start from here on out. Still remarkable how they have not run designed runs for our supposedly mobile QB. Unreal!

Next week is a great test against UND who is making their first trip to Youngstown. We famously blew that game in Grand Folks last year. UND is coming off a big victory at home over highly ranked Mo State.

Phillips, although I respect how he handles things when compared to Bo, needs to show some emotion and passion and get into this offensive staff. He must hold them accountable and let them know their jobs will be on the line unless they drastically improve.

BeamMeUp

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2022, 07:48 AM
If you base things on the first half, I agree on 4 wins. If you base things on the second half, then it will certainly be more. We clearly have a glaring weakness at QB that will hold us back in league play unless the offensive staff adapts to the strengths of whoever we start from here on out. Still remarkable how they have not run designed runs for our supposedly mobile QB. Unreal!

Next week is a great test against UND who is making their first trip to Youngstown. We famously blew that game in Grand Folks last year. UND is coming off a big victory at home over highly ranked Mo State.

Phillips, although I respect how he handles things when compared to Bo, needs to show some emotion and passion and get into this offensive staff. He must hold them accountable and let them know their jobs will be on the line unless they drastically improve.

BeamMeUpI believe #10 isn't running because he's not as durable as a mobile QB should be. Last year running he got hurt about every other play.. xtwocentsx

Paladin1aa
October 2nd, 2022, 11:27 AM

BeamMeUp

Hey, not a problem. For years on the cheerleader board I made my fearless predictions , up front and ahead of time for the season predictions. Still do here. Sit back and watch what happens.

They should beat Indy St and WIU. But the rest will be teams as good or better. They miss SDSU who may beat NDSU. They miss UNI and that curse. They play all the projected bottom half teams. And that’s where YSU will finish - bottom half. They have no QB, a weak OL, play a soft zone where a good QB will eat them alive and don’t have a DL effective in stopping the run or getting intense pressure on a pass game. Talent, while improved, is still subpar. Then , we obviously have a coaching problem. Team also has discipline problems getting untimely penalties. In the event of injuries, we still have no depth at several positions and injuries will occur.

Finally, while NDSU is pretty good, I’m not seeing a team that will repeat as national champs. Not up to standards. Other MVFC teams offer good QBs and Ds capable of defend a one dimension YSU O.

So, I repeat - I see 4 wins with a solid shot at winning 5. They will have to be very lucky to win more. You heard it here first in the preseason and again now. We will discuss again at season end.

penguinpower
October 2nd, 2022, 11:51 AM
Of they run the QB it could really help them possibly steal one away. The defense is almost good enough. One more year and the defense will be a national title contender level defense. Need some bigger guys on the OL.

The Yo Show
October 2nd, 2022, 02:45 PM
Hey, not a problem. For years on the cheerleader board I made my fearless predictions , up front and ahead of time for the season predictions. Still do here. Sit back and watch what happens.

They should beat Indy St and WIU. But the rest will be teams as good or better. They miss SDSU who may beat NDSU. They miss UNI and that curse. They play all the projected bottom half teams. And that’s where YSU will finish - bottom half. They have no QB, a weak OL, play a soft zone where a good QB will eat them alive and don’t have a DL effective in stopping the run or getting intense pressure on a pass game. Talent, while improved, is still subpar. Then , we obviously have a coaching problem. Team also has discipline problems getting untimely penalties. In the event of injuries, we still have no depth at several positions and injuries will occur.

Finally, while NDSU is pretty good, I’m not seeing a team that will repeat as national champs. Not up to standards. Other MVFC teams offer good QBs and Ds capable of defend a one dimension YSU O.

So, I repeat - I see 4 wins with a solid shot at winning 5. They will have to be very lucky to win more. You heard it here first in the preseason and again now. We will discuss again at season end.

While I agree our DL doesn't get the most pass pressure, we have had sacks against even the likes of Kentucky! Additionally, we have had 9 sacks on the year in 4 games. Not a high amount, but not terrible either. In other news, outside of NDSU game, we have been very good against the run. I see this team getting to 6 wins.

Paladin1aa
October 2nd, 2022, 03:15 PM
While I agree our DL doesn't get the most pass pressure, we have had sacks against even the likes of Kentucky! Additionally, we have had 9 sacks on the year in 4 games. Not a high amount, but not terrible either. In other news, outside of NDSU game, we have been very good against the run. I see this team getting to 6 wins.

Really ? Really ?

Are you counting those wins against 1-4 Duquesne whose only win is against D-II Thomas More and that powerhouse Dayton team who is 3-1 against another D-II and mighty Drake and Robert Morris ? lol

And you project that against the MVFC ? lol

I want some of what you are smoking. We will chat at season end.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 2nd, 2022, 03:39 PM
NDSU's defense is definitely a work in progress this year. Good moments and bad ones. They are not a championship caliber one yet, like year's past, but hopefully they keep improving. Missed tackles is getting to common. I wish Willams would get more carries but maybe is hammy or groin is still not 100 %. I still think the I-back formation with the FB lead blocking is unstoppable against almost everyone. NDSU keeps using RPO which is fine but that is more of the offensive package now. But that is one fan's complaint...mine.

YSU looks better than last year. Defense played well but a reoccurring theme for the Bison offense is boneheaded mistakes and untimely penalties. That catch along the sideline was a catch which should have been overturned, replay clearly showed his foot was down but nothing from the booth.

Teams will continue to stack the box to try and shut down the run so the passing game still needs to improve. Cam is efficient but more production would take some pressure off the run game. Sometimes NDSU has 3 FBs in the game at one time.

Overall, a win is a win but the defense needs to play better.

And Mauch (OT - #70 ) crushed guys yesterday. #17 didn't do much against him at all. Mauch is earning his accolades he is getting this year.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2022, 04:01 PM
NDSU's defense is definitely a work in progress this year. Good moments and bad ones. They are not a championship caliber one yet, like year's past, but hopefully they keep improving. Missed tackles is getting to common. I wish Willams would get more carries but maybe is hammy or groin is still not 100 %. I still think the I-back formation with the FB lead blocking is unstoppable against almost everyone. NDSU keeps using RPO which is fine but that is more of the offensive package now. But that is one fan's complaint...mine.

YSU looks better than last year. Defense played well but a reoccurring theme for the Bison offense is boneheaded mistakes and untimely penalties. That catch along the sideline was a catch which should have been overturned, replay clearly showed his foot was down but nothing from the booth.

Teams will continue to stack the box to try and shut down the run so the passing game still needs to improve. Cam is efficient but more production would take some pressure off the run game. Sometimes NDSU has 3 FBs in the game at one time.

Overall, a win is a win but the defense needs to play better.

And Mauch (OT - #70 ) crushed guys yesterday. #17 didn't do much against him at all. Mauch is earning his accolades he is getting this year.
The Bison are going nowhere with this defense. We are kidding ourselves. We seem to have no ability to set an edge on D and are pretty poor tackling.

Paladin1aa
October 2nd, 2022, 06:30 PM
Of they run the QB it could really help them possibly steal one away. The defense is almost good enough. One more year and the defense will be a national title contender level defense. Need some bigger guys on the OL.

That is what I was willing to reconsider in projecting how many games YSU would win. But Crenshaw isn’t living up to his billing and he has obvious flaws as a passing QB - throwing mechanics, footwork, accuracy, reads, etc. Since he doesn’t fare well on the read option ( they ran at least 3 attempts yesterday and he failed at all 3). A running QB would take pressure off Jaleel and force the D to cover another runner. Davidson isn’t much of a runner and while a better passer, he isn’t a quality MVFC QB. Bottom line, they don’t have 1 quality QB on the roster. None. Cant be a one dimension O running a Spread O and expect to win , especially in a league as tough as the MVFC. Stop kidding yourself. While I hoped they would be much better and they are improved over last year, they have a long ways to go yet.

BTW, they ran the Jet once yesterday. ONCE. Fordham got to carry on the sweep and he is fast. It was a successful run. It spreads and stretches a D and offers more to a balanced one back O. They never ran it again.???

I needed the first 4 games to evaluate and reconsider my earlier prediction. Seen enough. They will struggle and against the bottom half of the league. Sad but true.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 2nd, 2022, 07:32 PM
The Bison are going nowhere with this defense. We are kidding ourselves. We seem to have no ability to set an edge on D and are pretty poor tackling.

I don't agree. This team is a very good one now that has the potential to be great. The key word is "potential"....

IMO, they are a legit NC contender. This offense, when they get out of their own way, is very good. WR is the biggest weakness so hopefully guys step up. Stoffel has at TE

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2022, 08:11 PM
I don't agree. This team is a very good one now that has the potential to be great. The key word is "potential"....

IMO, they are a legit NC contender. This offense, when they get out of their own way, is very good. WR is the biggest weakness so hopefully guys step up. Stoffel has at TEThe Bison D had one job against YSU and that was to stop ONE guy and they really didn't get it done, he had 150 yards and averaged 8.9 yards a carry, what is our D gonna do when they actually have to multitask against a balanced offense. Pretty unknown at this point as they didn't get it done against Arizona. SDSU will be the real challenge, we will see. Gotta put more than 2 good quarters together in a game.

BeamMeUp
October 2nd, 2022, 08:33 PM
Last post got deleted for some reason:
https://i.postimg.cc/D0jW893v/Screenshot-20221002-203901-Chrome.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qv2V12D0/Screenshot-20221002-202820-Chrome.jpg

Houndawg
October 3rd, 2022, 08:14 AM
The Bison D had one job against YSU and that was to stop ONE guy and they really didn't get it done, he had 150 yards and averaged 8.9 yards a carry, what is our D gonna do when they actually have to multitask against a balanced offense. Pretty unknown at this point as they didn't get it done against Arizona. SDSU will be the real challenge, we will see. Gotta put more than 2 good quarters together in a game.

Still early.xcoffeex

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 08:59 AM
Still early.xcoffeex
It is and BFNWMN is usually correct about this things than I am but we have some injuries on the D line and we don’t see as deep as we usually are. Plus, being the most entitle fan base in FCS, it is our expectation that all games be single digit scores for any and all opponents and I need to keep hope alive, as it where.

The Yo Show
November 6th, 2022, 12:41 PM
Really ? Really ?

Are you counting those wins against 1-4 Duquesne whose only win is against D-II Thomas More and that powerhouse Dayton team who is 3-1 against another D-II and mighty Drake and Robert Morris ? lol

Season isn't over yet, and yeah we are at 6 wins... guess I wasn't smoking?

Paladin1aa
November 6th, 2022, 01:51 PM
Yo, our 4 MVFC wins are against teams a collective 9-27. Hard to see that coming in the annually toughest FCS league. Winning against the basement isn’t much of an endorsement. This is the weakest I’ve seen the MVFC.

But keep smoking that stuff,lol

The Yo Show
November 6th, 2022, 03:45 PM
Really ? Really ?

Paladin, I'm not smoking anything if you look back, I was saying the MVFC seemed weaker this year than normal... and your above quote was saying that projecting 6 wins against MVFC was bad... they have indeed got six wins... again I ask was I the one that was smoking? Besides, you are trying to move the goal post when that was my original argument I could see 6 wins this year and your above statement said it wouldn't happen because too many would be in MVFC teams... but as I stated the MVFC is down this year.

In truth I don't disagree with alot of your analysis but it is interesting you are dodging when I turned out to be right about one thing (lucky me lol)

The Yo Show
November 6th, 2022, 03:47 PM
Yo, our 4 MVFC wins are against teams a collective 9-27. Hard to see that coming in the annually toughest FCS league. Winning against the basement isn’t much of an endorsement. This is the weakest I’ve seen the MVFC.

But keep smoking that stuff,lol

Also, while we lost a close game to UND and lost to NDSU, YSU was projected to be 3rd from the bottom of the league... I would say we are outperforming that expectation. We have a win against Illinois State, and have the chance to get a win against SIU (which has backtracked a bit). While MVFC has down year, it is still a year where there is a lot of parity overall in the league. Just look at upsets or close games between MVFC teams.

The Yo Show
November 6th, 2022, 03:52 PM
I will also add one other thing, I agree with you, don't be too ecstatic with the turn of events, and I'm not. I would like to make playoffs, but recognize it very well might not happen because 8-3 is gonna be tough... 7-4 possible but still tough with what's left. I am just happy to see improvement under this HC, and I am hopeful for the future if we can get another great recruiting class.

Paladin1aa
November 6th, 2022, 05:32 PM
Simply put, they have overachieved, no doubt. Do I think they should be in the playoffs - no. No significant win and the Valley was down this year, not dominant. YSU is barely average. Just very lucky.

While they improved slightly, looking ahead, next year will be problematic . They graduate Jaleel and both his backups. RB will be a problem. We need a QB or two even with MD coming back, he is average at best. We lose OL, backups and members of the D. CBs are a major problem. Lots of holes to fill. I think they brought in a major Frosh class, but many won’t be ready quick, needing a season or two to get experience. And they need to follow up the class with another monster class. Finally, the wild card is does the MVFC recover and be ball buster tough again.

The Yo Show
November 6th, 2022, 06:57 PM
I still think if we get another good recruiting class we are going to be in decent shape for the future... but that is an if at this point. Also... in theory they could move Crenshaw to RB... if they can convince Crenshaw.

The Yo Show
November 7th, 2022, 05:54 AM
Simply put, they have overachieved, no doubt. Do I think they should be in the playoffs - no. No significant win and the Valley was down this year, not dominant. YSU is barely average. Just very lucky.

While they improved slightly, looking ahead, next year will be problematic . They graduate Jaleel and both his backups. RB will be a problem. We need a QB or two even with MD coming back, he is average at best. We lose OL, backups and members of the D. CBs are a major problem. Lots of holes to fill. I think they brought in a major Frosh class, but many won’t be ready quick, needing a season or two to get experience. And they need to follow up the class with another monster class. Finally, the wild card is does the MVFC recover and be ball buster tough again.

I just went through the roster, there are 12 seniors. Most impactful losses will be losing Jaleel and his two backups (weirdly there are another 6 RBs behind them on the roster)! Also, we lose alot on special teams Punter Paddy Lynch, Kicker Colt McFadden, and our kick returner Randy Smith (although he had a bad game this past weekend).
In terms of the OL / DL though we don't lose much... OL loses exactly 1 starter at center. Defense loses more, loses LB Benton, DE James Jackson and two CBs.

This is why I am optimistic with another good recruiting class. Jaleel and the special teams will be big hits, but a good core is returning.