View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 4, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
September 24th, 2022, 09:48 PM
With one game remaining involving teams in the AGS Top 25 (Weber State @ UC Davis), I am posting this week's (Week 4) How They Fared. I will update the last game either later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

As for the remainder of the AGS Top 25, all losses were to teams in the AGS Top 25, ORV, or to FBS opponents. In particular, #4 Missouri State lost to #3 South Dakota State, in the AGS Game of the Week. #21 Southeastern Louisiana upset #5 Incarnate Word in a premiere Southland matchup. #11 Chattanooga and #23 Rhode Island lost to FBS Illinois and Pittsburgh, respectively; however, #7 Sac State dominated FBS Colorado State.

A few CAA teams (#10 Villanova and #13 William & Mary) took conference losses to unranked Monmouth and #31 Elon, respectively, while #24 Richmond dominated unranked Stony Brook. The Ivies had a bit of a shaky week with #26 Dartmouth losing to unranked Sacred Heart and #33 Princeton and #35 Harvard getting all they could handle from unranked Lehigh and Brown.

Although #35 Fordham lost, they look to be a tough out in the Patriot and put up quite the fight against FBS Ohio. Finally, #16 Eastern Washington lost to #6 Montana State in a tight one, and #18 Eastern Kentucky and #20 North Dakota lost to teams (#29 Austin Peay and #27 Southern Illinois) that could find their way into the AGS Top 25 his week.

CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fJ2A23dWpn-8BGi42yy3hdFnXtyShtXOrmqbISITAFY/edit?usp=sharing) to see the entire How They Fared worksheet. Any mistakes, let me know. Looking forward to the best damn poll in the FCS on Monday.

Daytripper
September 24th, 2022, 10:16 PM
Should Sac State get some consideration for the #1 spot in the poll? I know CSU is bad, but Sac State dominated an FBS team.

wapiti
September 24th, 2022, 10:41 PM
Should Sac State get some consideration for the #1 spot in the poll? I know CSU is bad, but Sac State dominated an FBS team.

Then Weber should be #1

Professor Chaos
September 24th, 2022, 10:50 PM
Depends on how much you much want to weight the current season over reputation/preseason expectations... neither NDSU or Montana have beaten anyone of note and won't play anyone of note until 10/15 (or maybe even 10/22 in Montana's case). It looks like there's some heavyweights in the Big Sky this year though between the Montana schools, Weber St, and Sac St. The best part of that is the only regular season matchup we miss between the 4 is Montana St vs Sac St.

Professor Chaos
September 25th, 2022, 12:13 AM
What do you do with UC Davis?

1-3 with their only win over the Pioneer's San Diego - 2 point loss @ SDSU and 5 point loss vs Weber St (to go with a loss to 3-1 FBS Cal).

ElCid
September 25th, 2022, 12:21 AM

1-3 with their only win over the Pioneer's San Diego - 2 point loss @ SDSU and 5 point loss vs Weber St (to go with a loss to 3-1 FBS Cal).

You do nothing with them. A close L is still a lose. If they end up being 4-3 or 5-3 in a few weeks, then ok. Until then it just a belief that they are worthy. Lots of teams have close games without wins, but are not ranked.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 25th, 2022, 12:32 AM

I think maybe but they don't go there just yet for me but they sure look to me like a top 5 this week but oddly enough there is good competition for T5 resume' it looks like for this week anyway.

The 6 top spots could pretty easily be 2 MVFC and 4 BSC right now because Weber is f'n good right now too.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 25th, 2022, 12:35 AM

They are good. They are even better at pissing away opportunities. I guess that means that they are mediocre but could easily turn it around and be pretty damn good.

Professor Chaos
September 25th, 2022, 12:35 AM
You do nothing with them. A close L is still a lose. If they end up being 4-3 or 5-3 in a few weeks, then ok. Until then it just a belief that they are worthy. Lots of teams have close games without wins, but are not ranked.
That's one way of looking at it... you can also say they've been more impressive than Jackson St at 4-0 whose opponents are a combined 2-8 vs D1 competition (outside of their losses to JSU) and are pretty much a consensus top 20 team as of the last poll. If you rank UC Davis now and they end up being 3-5 in a few weeks (they're @ Montana St next week) then you pull them. I don't think either approach is necessarily wrong at this point.

ElCid
September 25th, 2022, 07:15 AM
That's one way of looking at it... you can also say they've been more impressive than Jackson St at 4-0 whose opponents are a combined 2-8 vs D1 competition (outside of their losses to JSU) and are pretty much a consensus top 20 team as of the last poll. If you rank UC Davis now and they end up being 3-5 in a few weeks (they're @ Montana St next week) then you pull them. I don't think either approach is necessarily wrong at this point.

I get your point completely. I think Davis would wax Jackson St. But that is just my "belief." So, I'm ranking Jackson St (not nearly as high as others), but not ranking Davis. So...for me you got to deliver in order to be ranked. It is obviously the primary objective data requirement. Once you enter into "how do they look on the field" you begin wandering into subjective areas. I follow the w/l record by the sos, H/A, qualifiers to weigh a teams Ws and Ls. Then I look at rivalries, with less weight. Records don't mean much to many rivalry games. You definitely start entering subjective areas there as well.

Professor Chaos
September 25th, 2022, 08:08 AM
I get your point completely. I think Davis would wax Jackson St. But that is just my "belief." So, I'm ranking Jackson St (not nearly as high as others), but not ranking Davis. So...for me you got to deliver in order to be ranked. It is obviously the primary objective data requirement. Once you enter into "how do they look on the field" you begin wandering into subjective areas. I follow the w/l record by the sos, H/A, qualifiers to weigh a teams Ws and Ls. Then I look at rivalries, with less weight. Records don't mean much to many rivalry games. You definitely start entering subjective areas there as well.
Yeah, either approach should end with them ranked or not ranked in the same place by the end of the season I think. That's why these polls get easier (for me at least) the further into the season as we can put less and less weight on preseason expectations.

MR. CHICKEN
September 25th, 2022, 08:46 AM

xsmhx....UMMMM........COLORADO STATE WAS....UH 10.5 DOGGIE........IN GOHENS PIGGY POOL.....xsighx.....BRAWK!

wapiti
September 25th, 2022, 09:03 AM

Does strength of schedule get consideration when ranking teams? I think it should. Or else teams get rewarded for a weak sos.

taper
September 25th, 2022, 09:50 AM
Does strength of schedule get consideration when ranking teams? I think it should. Or else teams get rewarded for a weak sos.

If you don't, you get the trash we call the coach's poll. UC Davis is most definitely a top 25 team. Towards the bottom currently, but still there.

jacksfan29!
September 25th, 2022, 10:27 AM

SDSU blew out CSU last year, the Jacks were running in the 2nd string mid-way through the 3rd quarter. They could have easily put up 60 on CSU. I don't recall them jumping to #1 in the poll. Saying CSU is FBS is a joke. In fact, I'd argue most of G5 would get destroyed by the top 10 in FCS.

Chalupa Batman
September 25th, 2022, 10:45 AM
SDSU blew out CSU last year, the Jacks were running in the 2nd string mid-way through the 3rd quarter. They could have easily put up 60 on CSU. I don't recall them jumping to #1 in the poll. Saying CSU is FBS is a joke. In fact, I'd argue most of G5 would get destroyed by the top 10 in FCS.

SDSU did jump to #1 in the AGS poll after the Colorado State game last year.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?279126-AGS-Poll-Results-Week-1-2021

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2022, 10:46 AM

At some point, they need to be given the boot. The same thing happens with UNI every year and by week 4, either they are .500 or they are gone. At some point, you have to win the games in front of you, otherwise, this poll is just the Moral Victory Poll.

Preferred Walk-On
September 25th, 2022, 10:46 AM
Does an Ivy get votes to be ranked after this week? Harvard is 2-0 (win in OT over Merrimack and one-score win over Brown). Dartmouth is 1-1 (win over Valparaiso; loss to, gulp, Sacred Heart). Princeton is 2-0 (but one-score lead at half against Stetson and tied at half against Lehigh). If you are voting for an Ivy, I would like to know who in the current top 25 you are voting them over.

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2022, 10:49 AM
Does an Ivy get votes to be ranked after this week? Harvard is 2-0 (win in OT over Merrimack and one-score win over Brown). Dartmouth is 0-1 (loss to, gulp, Sacred Heart). Princeton is 2-0 (but one-score lead at half against Stetson and tied at half against Lehigh). If you are voting for an Ivy, I would like to know who in the current top 25 you are voting them over.

If one of them actually played someone, hell even Holy Cross plays OOC teams that vary by league, sure, but this year, like every year, they avoid legitimate OOC scheduling.

No way would I touch an IVY team right now, especially with how HC blew out Merrimack and Harvard struggled against them.

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 10:54 AM
Does strength of schedule get consideration when ranking teams? I think it should. Or else teams get rewarded for a weak sos.I use it but at some point in time you gotta win a football game. I dropped Davis out of my poll but just barely. That game with Weber last night was tough, hard hitting football and both teams looked good but you got to win.

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 10:56 AM
Does an Ivy get votes to be ranked after this week? Harvard is 2-0 (win in OT over Merrimack and one-score win over Brown). Dartmouth is 1-1 (win over Valparaiso; loss to, gulp, Sacred Heart). Princeton is 2-0 (but one-score lead at half against Stetson and tied at half against Lehigh). If you are voting for an Ivy, I would like to know who in the current top 25 you are voting them over.I very happily dropped all Ivy's from my poll, Darthmouth and Harvard out, very average teams at this point in the season, if one of those, or Princeton goes undefeated in conference then I will take another look at them maybe.

MSUBobcat
September 25th, 2022, 11:02 AM

That's not the story I get from the box score. Pierre Strong took hamdoffs in the Jacks' last drive of the 3rd, then Isaiah Davis (no slouch) played until the 2nd to last drive of the game. Oladokun scored on that drive to make it 42. Their final drive consisted of 3 handoffs to Amar Johnson. On the Rams' final drive, they were intercepted on the final play from the Jacks' 10. I'm not saying the defensive starters, and maybe some offensive starters, didn't get pulled in the 3rd, but having Oladokun and Davis playing through the 2nd to last drive seems like they were still trying to score. Again, just from the box score and not watching the game, it seems like the game was closer to being 42-30 than it was 60-23.

This win shouldn't make Sac St #1, but IMO they are in the garbled mess of 1-5, which is NDSU, SDSU, Sac, Weber and UM, in whatever order the voters decide to put them in.

jacksfan29!
September 25th, 2022, 11:18 AM
That's not the story I get from the box score. Pierre Strong took hamdoffs in the Jacks' last drive of the 3rd, then Isaiah Davis (no slouch) played until the 2nd to last drive of the game. Oladokun scored on that drive to make it 42. Their final drive consisted of 3 handoffs to Amar Johnson. On the Rams' final drive, they were intercepted on the final play from the Jacks' 10. I'm not saying the defensive starters, and maybe some offensive starters, didn't get pulled in the 3rd, but having Oladokun and Davis playing through the 2nd to last drive seems like they were still trying to score. Again, just from the box score and not watching the game, it seems like the game was closer to being 42-30 than it was 60-23.

This win shouldn't make Sac St #1, but IMO they are in the garbled mess of 1-5, which is NDSU, SDSU, Sac, Weber and UM, in whatever order the voters decide to put them in.

I was at the game, we live less than an hour from Ft. Collins, they were running second stringers into the game in the 3rd. The game was a joke. Beating CSU isn't that impressive, they are a very very bad football team, and program.

MSUBobcat
September 25th, 2022, 11:18 AM
I use it but at some point in time you gotta win a football game. I dropped Davis out of my poll but just barely. That game with Weber last night was tough, hard hitting football and both teams looked good but you got to win.

On the flip side, if Davis ISN'T top 25, how did they just miss OT at the #3's house and were knocking on the door of a go-ahead TD with under a minute to play at home against what I would call #5 right now? Giving 2 top 5 teams all the could handle says something. I get that you have to win (I see you UNI) but if they aren't top 25, I dunno why I'm so worried about playing them in Bobcat Stadium on the national stage next weekend.

caribbeanhen
September 25th, 2022, 11:28 AM
I very happily dropped all Ivy's from my poll, Darthmouth and Harvard out, very average teams at this point in the season, if one of those, or Princeton goes undefeated in conference then I will take another look at them maybe.

i might have to agree, they don’t look as good this year

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 11:28 AM
On the flip side, if Davis ISN'T top 25, how did they just miss OT at the #3's house and were knocking on the door of a go-ahead TD with under a minute to play at home against what I would call #5 right now? Giving 2 top 5 teams all the could handle says something. I get that you have to win (I see you UNI) but if they aren't top 25, I dunno why I'm so worried about playing them in Bobcat Stadium on the national stage next weekend.I don't like moral victories, I dropped NDSU in my poll for that **** show at USD yesterday. Watched some of the EWU/MSU game yesterday, you guys gonna survive the year running your QB on every play?

Carolina010
September 25th, 2022, 11:31 AM
Ifs and butts can only go so far but that Davis game in brookings more than likely ends 24-10 instead of 24-22 if the jacks play their starting running back instead the 3rd stringer with no meaningful carries on the drive where he fumbled with 5 min left. Davis went on to score and then get an onside kick that was debatable and scored again quickly.

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 11:33 AM
Ifs and butts can only go so far but that Davis game in brookings more than likely ends 24-10 instead of 24-22 if the jacks play their starting running back instead the 3rd stringer with no meaningful carries on the drive where he fumbled with 5 min left. Davis went on to score and then get an onside kick that was debatable and scored again quickly.I agree here, that game didn't seem as close as the score indicates.

MSUBobcat
September 25th, 2022, 11:49 AM
I don't like moral victories, I dropped NDSU in my poll for that **** show at USD yesterday. Watched some of the EWU/MSU game yesterday, you guys gonna survive the year running your QB on every play?

No.

taper
September 25th, 2022, 11:56 AM
If we assume SDSU is accuractly ranked at #3, in theory there are only 2 teams that would beat them. EVERYONE else would lose, just a matter of how close a game it was. #5 should be down to the wire, #15 keeping pace, #25 not being blown out. I find it completely absurd to punish a team for performing exactly as you'd expect them to against a team you already believe is better. UC Davis isn't top 10, but absolutely top 25. If you disagree, go ahead and tell me 25 other teams that would have done better with their schedule.

MSUBobcat
September 25th, 2022, 11:56 AM
Ifs and butts can only go so far but that Davis game in brookings more than likely ends 24-10 instead of 24-22 if the jacks play their starting running back instead the 3rd stringer with no meaningful carries on the drive where he fumbled with 5 min left. Davis went on to score and then get an onside kick that was debatable and scored again quickly.

Also, I hope the irony of ending your ifs and buts statement with an "if" of you own was not lost on you when you posted it. 😁

Carolina010
September 25th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Ya that was the point. 😀

Preferred Walk-On
September 25th, 2022, 12:13 PM

South Dakota State did just beat the #4 team by two TDs on the road, so if they beat another team by two TDs at home, that is not at least somewhat noteworthy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueGoldAg
September 25th, 2022, 12:22 PM
The Aggies had a lot of opportunities to win the game against Weber but were unable to capitalize on them. The Ags won the key statistical battles: total yardage 417-356, first downs 25-18 and TO's 3-0 but were on only 2 of 5 on FG attempts including an uncharacteristically conservative decision by Coach Hawkins to kick a FG from the 1 yard line on the last play of the first half which was shanked and missed. I think the Aggies are a Top 25 team due to the fact that they have been very competitive in all 3 of their loses to very good competition. We may be the best 1-3 team in the FCS, however, we have not shown that we can win these close games against very good teams...close but no cigar...

Weber head coach, Jay hill, had this to say after the game, " It's hard to go on the road and win against a very, very good football team and come away with a win. Our defense did bend but it didn't break. I told the Davis quarterback that's was about as good a performance that anyone has ever given us."

Carolina010
September 25th, 2022, 12:31 PM
South Dakota State did just beat the #4 team by two TDs on the road, so if they beat another team by two TDs at home, that is not at least somewhat noteworthy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noteworthy for who? I was very worried about SDSU going on the road against Missouri State but the defense stayed as good as they have been. And they won by 2 scores that should have been worse with 3 missed fg’s.

For Davis I think they are definitely a top 25 team. Wether it was a 2 point loss or a 2 score loss not sure how many teams will do better in brookings if the jacks are in fact a top 2 or 3 team.

Preferred Walk-On
September 25th, 2022, 01:03 PM

Noteworthy for who? I was very worried about SDSU going on the road against Missouri State but the defense stayed as good as they have been. And they won by 2 scores that should have been worse with 3 missed fg’s.

For Davis I think they are definitely a top 25 team. Wether it was a 2 point loss or a 2 score loss not sure how many teams will do better in brookings if the jacks are in fact a top 2 or 3 team.

Obviously, UC Davis' performance in Brookings WAS noteworthy, despite your first reply above downplaying the s*** out of the fact that they did indeed end that game losing by 2 pt. So I guess I am not sure what your reply here actually means. Is UC Davis not worthy of top 25 or are they...luckily you answer that in the second half of your next reply.

I don't think anyone is arguing that UC Davis is a top 5, 10, or 15 team. I think they are indicating that UC Davis is this year's Weber State (or even a previous UC Davis team that hung with NDSU at the Fargodome), in that they can be 1-3 and still be one of the top 25 FCS teams in the nation. But again, thank you for indicating that even their two score loss (moral loss) in Brookings is indeed noteworthy...enough so to be a top 25 team.

Also, congratulations to South Dakota State on their performance yesterday. That was a big win.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 25th, 2022, 02:44 PM
I was at the game, we live less than an hour from Ft. Collins, they were running second stringers into the game in the 3rd. The game was a joke. Beating CSU isn't that impressive, they are a very very bad football team, and program.

If you are a 1/2 way decent team anymore you really don't have seconde stringers too much you just have the 2nd guy coming in after the first guy to keep people fresh on the depth chart. There is very little difference in the 1 and 2 line in most programs now. I assume SDSU is in that group.

QB spot might still have some difference but around the rest of the field/backfield it seems fairly equal so I don't know if you are making a great argument even if it is solid fact.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 25th, 2022, 02:50 PM
Damn good discussion to read through this Sunday fellers.

atthewbon
September 25th, 2022, 03:01 PM
I'm really struggling with ranking this week. I feel there is a group of 8 teams 1-8 but I'm not sure how they should be ordered and then it gets even more confusing after 8.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 25th, 2022, 03:25 PM
I'm really struggling with ranking this week. I feel there is a group of 8 teams 1-8 but I'm not sure how they should be ordered and then it gets even more confusing after 8.

As far as competition around the FCS this year it feels like a pretty good problem to have.

atthewbon
September 25th, 2022, 03:30 PM
As far as competition around the FCS this year it feels like a pretty good problem to have.

Yea there seems to be more parity this year. Should be an exciting year.

Preferred Walk-On
September 25th, 2022, 03:58 PM

My major problem was that I had to leave a couple of teams off that I thought could just as easily have been in the 25...and the arrangement of teams 8-20.

atthewbon
September 25th, 2022, 04:33 PM
My major problem was that I had to leave a couple of teams off that I thought could just as easily have been in the 25...and the arrangement of teams 8-20.

Yea I had the exact same problem. I often rank one or two teams beyond 25 that I think could be deserving and “just missed” this time I had 7.

bobcathpdevil56
September 25th, 2022, 06:13 PM

Ranking #11 has been a butt kicker for me.

Super Hornet
September 25th, 2022, 08:52 PM
Some have proposed placing Sac #1 on the basis of this huge win. In fact, apparently, Massey has already done that. I've always had issues with Massey, though, not the least of which is that it takes more than half the season for it to "get up to speed."

So, for now, while I would certainly place Sac at the top of a Big Sky Power Poll, my excitement over THIS win only brings me to bump my Hornets to #3. I'm not sure if we're truly better than the Griz yet, but I'm sure that will become apparent later. Additionally, I haven't seen anybody do anything to warrant overtaking NDSU. My justification for overtaking MT State, though, is their tough match against 15 EWU and the size of our victory over an FBS foe (albeit horrible) when everyone knows the zebras typically go out of their way to take it away from a lower division team. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes.

wapiti
September 25th, 2022, 09:06 PM
Some have proposed placing Sac #1 on the basis of this huge win. In fact, apparently, Massey has already done that. I've always had issues with Massey, though, not the least of which is that it takes more than half the season for it to "get up to speed."

So, for now, while I would certainly place Sac at the top of a Big Sky Power Poll, my excitement over THIS win only brings me to bump my Hornets to #3. I'm not sure if we're truly better than the Griz yet, but I'm sure that will become apparent later. Additionally, I haven't seen anybody do anything to warrant overtaking NDSU. My justification for overtaking MT State, though, is their tough match against 15 EWU and the size of our victory over an FBS foe (albeit horrible) when everyone knows the zebras typically go out of their way to take it away from a lower division team. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes.

Weber should be 1.

Utah state better than Colorado state

Super Hornet
September 25th, 2022, 09:37 PM
Weber should be 1.

Utah state better than Colorado state

Not by much this year. The only difference seems to be UT State's win over a UCONN team that arguably should be relegated along with UMASS back to the CAA. They also failed to beat a horrible UNLV squad.

ElCid
September 25th, 2022, 10:06 PM

I think the curve seems to have flatten a bit. Still early, but I like the competition. Same thing appears to have happened in FBS. And in, more than normal, FCS/FBS games. I'm curious if it's due to the virus, the portal, both?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 25th, 2022, 10:14 PM
I think the curve seems to have flatten a bit. Still early, but I like the competition. Same thing appears to have happened in FBS. And in, more than normal, FCS/FBS games. I'm curious if it's due to the virus, the portal, both?

Yeah, if we are looking at reasons those seem the right place to start.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 25th, 2022, 10:15 PM
Not by much this year. The only difference seems to be UT State's win over a UCONN team that arguably should be relegated along with UMASS back to the CAA. They also failed to beat a horrible UNLV squad.

Welcome new guy.:D

Houndawg
September 26th, 2022, 04:14 AM

Nothing at this point but if they go on a win streak or wind up as a bubble team they would both be considered "good losses". If UNI were in this situation they would be considered to be playoff-bound

caribbeanhen
September 26th, 2022, 06:14 AM

no not yet unless Delaware gets same consideration

ursus arctos horribilis
September 26th, 2022, 10:10 AM
Less than an hour to get your ballot in now so get on it.

crusader11
September 26th, 2022, 10:26 AM
I just checked out Idaho. 2-2, but very competitive against Wazzu and Indiana. Nice win on the road against NAU this past weekend.

They're a top 25 team, IMO.

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2022, 10:36 AM

Utah State is pretty bad and I can't believe I'm saying this, but... UNLV may not be that horrible this year. Massey (taken with a grain of salt this early) has the Rebs as the 4th best MWC team at 76, though there are 6 MW teams clustered in the 72-89 range so expect it to be fluid. Massey has them as favorites in 4 remaining games, and 45% and 49% "dogs" in 2 others, so they may go bowling for the first time since 2013. UNLV was closer to beating Cal (6 points), which also beat up on Davis (fringe top 25 team) than Arizona (18 points). Arizona beat FBS-slayer NDSU by 3 earlier. It looks, at this moment, that UNLV would be solidly top-25 in FCS this year, which is extremely rare. Now that I'm done talking up UNLV, I have to go drink some bleach. xnutsx

Also, welcome to the board Super Hornet.

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2022, 10:50 AM
no not yet unless Delaware gets same consideration

It looks like Delaware is a solid team, but IMO, beating Navy (Massey #102) by 7 with only 202 yards of total offense<<Sac St dominating CSU (#126) by 31 or Weber beating up USU (#108) by 28. Navy was a 4 and 4 conversion on the Delaware 9 yard line from forcing OT (or going for the W with a 2 point conversion). Navy is the best of the 3, but I think Sac and BBQ wouldn't have needed the final defensive stand with under 1:30 to play. Just my xtwocentsx

MR. CHICKEN
September 26th, 2022, 10:57 AM
It looks like Delaware is a solid team, but IMO, beating Navy (Massey #102) by 7 with only 202 yards of total offense<<Sac St dominating CSU (#126) by 31 or Weber beating up USU (#108) by 28. Navy was a 4 and 4 conversion on the Delaware 9 yard line from forcing OT (or going for the W with a 2 point conversion). Navy is the best of the 3, but I think Sac and BBQ wouldn't have needed the final defensive stand with under 1:30 to play. Just my xtwocentsx

....OBJECT YER HONOR........CAIN'T KNOW RESULTS....UNTIL GAMES ACTUALLY PLAYED....xsighx...REST MAH CASE...:p....AWK!

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2022, 11:29 AM
....OBJECT YER HONOR........CAIN'T KNOW RESULTS....UNTIL GAMES ACTUALLY PLAYED....xsighx...REST MAH CASE...:p....AWK!

Gimme a break! I only valued the statement at 2 pennies! :D

Preferred Walk-On
September 26th, 2022, 11:32 AM
Utah State is pretty bad and I can't believe I'm saying this, but... UNLV may not be that horrible this year. Massey (taken with a grain of salt this early) has the Rebs as the 4th best MWC team at 76, though there are 6 MW teams clustered in the 72-89 range so expect it to be fluid. Massey has them as favorites in 4 remaining games, and 45% and 49% "dogs" in 2 others, so they may go bowling for the first time since 2013. UNLV was closer to beating Cal (6 points), which also beat up on Davis (fringe top 25 team) than Arizona (18 points). Arizona beat FBS-slayer NDSU by 3 earlier. It looks, at this moment, that UNLV would be solidly top-25 in FCS this year, which is extremely rare. Now that I'm done talking up UNLV, I have to go drink some bleach. xnutsx

Also, welcome to the board Super Hornet.

Not sayin' you're doing it wrong, but I thought you were supposed to inject it.

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2022, 11:42 AM

C'mon, meow! Everyone know a bleach injection and UV light suppository is for curing COVID (and probably cancer). Drinking it is to get a repulsive taste out of your mouth. Do you even armchair doctor, bruh?

caribbeanhen
September 26th, 2022, 01:10 PM

Delaware defense dominated Navy, you’re big fluffy teams not gonna be able to do that

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2022, 01:39 PM
Delaware defense dominated Navy, you’re big fluffy teams not gonna be able to do that

Dominated?!? Navy was on Delaware's 9 to tie it at the end. They gave up 319 yards, while only amassing 202 themselves. If Navy could hang onto the ball (4 fumbles, 3 lost), which I generally blame the ball carrier for over crediting the defender (not always, but generally) for even one of the 3 lost fumbles, and it may have been a different ball game.

Meanwhile, BBQ held a similarly *ranked*, per Massey, team to the same 7 points on 283 yards. Utah State averages more than double the PPG than Navy, even with the goose egg handed out to USU @Bama.

I know it's all speculation, but if Navy-Delaware was played 10 times, I'd bet Navy wins 6. If BBQ plays USU 10 times, they win 8. THAT was a dominating performance, IMO. Sac State's D may not quite be up to Weber status, but their potent offense would allow them to outscore Navy, and by more than 7 in my estimation.

Also... it's "your" xsmiley_wix You made the same usage error in the Poll Results thread.

KPSUL
September 26th, 2022, 01:56 PM
Dominated?!? Navy was on Delaware's 9 to tie it at the end. They gave up 319 yards, while only amassing 202 themselves. If Navy could hang onto the ball (4 fumbles, 3 lost), which I generally blame the ball carrier for over crediting the defender (not always, but generally) for even one of the 3 lost fumbles, and it may have been a different ball game.

Meanwhile, BBQ held a similarly *ranked*, per Massey, team to the same 7 points on 283 yards. Utah State averages more than double the PPG than Navy, even with the goose egg handed out to USU @Bama.

I know it's all speculation, but if Navy-Delaware was played 10 times, I'd bet Navy wins 6. If BBQ plays USU 10 times, they win 8. THAT was a dominating performance, IMO. Sac State's D may not quite be up to Weber status, but their potent offense would allow them to outscore Navy, and by more than 7 in my estimation.

Also... it's "your" xsmiley_wix You made the same usage error in the Poll Results thread.

We all know the difference between your (possessive form of you) and You're (contraction of You and are). So why don't you make some sense of this word scramble you just posted rather than trying to play the AGS grammar policeman?

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2022, 02:27 PM
We all know the difference between your (possessive form of you) and You're (contraction of You and are). So why don't you make some sense of this word scramble you just posted rather than trying to play the AGS grammar policeman?

Panties a little too tight? I was kidding about the grammar, though misusing it twice may indicate that perhaps he doesn't know the difference. And I'm sorry if you cannot comprehend basic English. Perhaps if you point out which words were too big for you, I can dumb it down a bit. xthumbsupx

crusader11
September 26th, 2022, 02:49 PM
Panties a little too tight? I was kidding about the grammar, though misusing it twice may indicate that perhaps he doesn't know the difference. And I'm sorry if you cannot comprehend basic English. Perhaps if you point out which words were too big for you, I can dumb it down a bit. xthumbsupx

I've oft heard that Montana State is the Harvard of the west coast. xeyebrowx

bobcathpdevil56
September 26th, 2022, 02:58 PM
I've oft heard that Montana State is the Harvard of the west coast. xeyebrowx

You are mistaken. That would be MSU-Northern. AKA Harvard on the Hill.

MR. CHICKEN
September 26th, 2022, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=MSUBobcat;3076933]Dominated?!? Navy was on Delaware's 9 to tie it at the end. They gave up 319 yards, while only amassing 202 themselves. If Navy could hang onto the ball (4 fumbles, 3 lost), which I generally blame the ball carrier for over crediting the defender (not always, but generally) for even one of the 3 lost fumbles, and it may have been a different ball game.

I know it's all speculation, but if Navy-Delaware was played 10 times, I'd bet Navy wins 6. If BBQ plays USU 10 times, they win 8. THAT was a dominating performance, IMO. Sac State's D may not quite be up to Weber status, buttheir potent offense would allow them to outscore Navy, and by more than 7 in my estimation.

......DAT HORNET "D"......DAT'S NOT FAR FROM WEBER'S.....MANAGED TA HOLD UTAH TECH....TA OWN-LAH 33........WHILE WE HOLD SEA-BEES TA 7 AGIN'....TRIPLE-O.....DAT'S APPLES...TA....WATERMELONS.......AWK!

KPSUL
September 26th, 2022, 03:17 PM

I don't think you could dumb down your posts any further.

caribbeanhen
September 27th, 2022, 01:29 PM

Your response was pretty good until you went gramatical .... now I know who you are little buddy

MSUBobcat
September 27th, 2022, 01:32 PM
Your response was pretty good until you went gramatical .... now I know who you are little buddy

Man... so sensitive in here. I put the little winky smile to indicate I'm just ****ing with ya. xdontknowx

caribbeanhen
September 28th, 2022, 11:18 AM

if you would of actually watched the game you would understand and agree that Delaware D dominated Navy ... check it out

Houndawg
September 28th, 2022, 11:54 AM

only if you're shining an UV light up your ass at the same time