View Full Version : MFVC Pick ‘Em - Week 5, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
September 24th, 2022, 08:21 PM
As I sit here watching football and waiting for some late games to finish/start, figured I'd post this upcoming week's MVFC Pick 'Em.

After 4 weeks, the standings are as follows:

Player
# Correct
# Incorrect
%

skinny_uncle
83.3%

Bison Fan in NW MN
80.6%

JacksFan40
80.6%

Paladin1aa
80.6%

POD Knows
80.6%

Professor Chaos
80.6%

Bisonator
77.8%

caribbeanhen
77.8%

ST_Lawson
77.8%

TheKingpin28
77.8%

ysubigred
77.8%

atthewbon
75.0%

bonarae
75.0%

Chalupa Batman
75.0%

mvfcfan
75.0%

Preferred Walk-On
75.0%

The Cats
75.0%

Carolina010
72.2%

The Yo Show
69.4%

----------

Week 5's matchups:

Sat, Oct 1
Missouri State @ North Dakota
Youngstown State @ North Dakota State
Western Illinois @ South Dakota State
Indiana State @ Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois @ Illinois State

ysubigred
September 24th, 2022, 08:27 PM
Missouri State @ North Dakota MO St. 34- 27

Youngstown State @ North Dakota State Buffalos 5-2 3 OTs

Western Illinois @ South Dakota State SDSU 116- 0

Indiana State @ Northern Iowa UNI 37-17

Southern Illinois @ Illinois State Dawgs 35-14

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
September 24th, 2022, 08:43 PM
Missouri State
NDSU
SDSU
UNI
SIU

ST_Lawson
September 24th, 2022, 11:08 PM
Western Illinois @ South Dakota State - oh dear God this is going to be a bloodbath. Literally whatever Stig wants to score to be...it will be.

Professor Chaos
September 24th, 2022, 11:10 PM
I feel like maybe I should just retire after picking an SIU game right for the first time this year...

bonarae
September 25th, 2022, 02:10 AM

ysubigred
September 25th, 2022, 09:28 AM
I feel like maybe I should just retire after picking an SIU game right for the first time this year...SIU fans need to pay me.. two weeks in a row I had the Dawgs in the dumpster and they win.

I picked them to win this week.. we'll see lol..

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 09:29 AM

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2022, 10:52 AM
I'm not last and my mom would be proud of that.

Missouri State
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois

The Cats
September 25th, 2022, 10:56 AM

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 11:06 AM
I feel like maybe I should just retire after picking an SIU game right for the first time this year...I still haven't picked them right, I should have known that UND would **** the bed playing a decent team on the road but I thought that maybe SIU would have a hangover after the Northwestern win. Oh well.

Chalupa Batman
September 25th, 2022, 12:41 PM
Missouri State @ North Dakota Pivotal game, almost a must-win for both teams

Paladin1aa
September 25th, 2022, 01:04 PM
Missouri St.
NDSU
SDSU
UNI
SIU

skinny_uncle
September 25th, 2022, 01:05 PM

Missouri State
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois

I am first and in shock.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2022, 01:53 PM
MSU
NDSU
SDSU
UNI
SIU

** Ill State always wins games they shouldn't and lose games they shouldn't....is this the week they win one that everyone thinks they will not?? xchinscratchx

Carolina010
September 25th, 2022, 05:02 PM
Missouri State
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois

The Yo Show
September 25th, 2022, 08:31 PM

Missouri State
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois

Hey I am last :D

The Yo Show
September 25th, 2022, 08:33 PM

(I actually think NDSU wins, but I am already in last and need to catch up. In theory, this could happen, still not likely but it is the most likely upset listed there).

Bisonator
September 26th, 2022, 08:48 AM

Paladin1aa
September 26th, 2022, 07:46 PM
Hey I am last :D

Someone has to do it ! 😁

Houndawg
September 26th, 2022, 10:19 PM
MSU
NDSU
SDSU
UNI
SIU

** Ill State always wins games they shouldn't and lose games they shouldn't....is this the week they win one that everyone thinks they will not?? xchinscratchx

I hope not, the Dawgs have a tough row to hoe for 7 wins and we also always lose games we shouldn't lose - although I think the season wil show SEMO to be legit

mvfcfan
September 28th, 2022, 06:13 AM
UNI
UND
NDSU
SDSU
SIU

caribbeanhen
September 28th, 2022, 08:33 AM
Missouri State

North Dakota State

South Dakota State

Northern Iowa

Southern Illinois

atthewbon
September 28th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Missouri State
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois

Preferred Walk-On
September 28th, 2022, 04:36 PM
I suppose I had better make my picks before I forget about them...

Sat, Oct 1

Redbird 4th & short
September 28th, 2022, 07:38 PM
The consensus on Redbird forum is that this is the tough game we have to win if anything is going to happen this season. We got them at home, comin off a bye week, game is sold out after couple lackluster OOC home games and it's Family Day, so there woll be extra buzz. Going to be 74 and sunny all day, but 6:30 kickoff, so under the lights.

We should have much better scouting reports on them than they could possibly have on us given schedules .. Spack has had 2 weeks to get our collective sh-t together. This feels like situation we could well surprise as you hinted. I still am shocked by Valpo game after Wisconsin .. no idea what to make of that, other than .. we may suck again !!

But there's also this factor ... we are going Dark !!!!!

https://twitter.com/ISURedbirds/status/1574162400277921792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1574162400277921792%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

I'm not on Twitter and i don't know how to snip/paste screenshots anymore.

MSU
NDSU
SDSU
UNI
SIU

Preferred Walk-On
September 28th, 2022, 09:55 PM

https://twitter.com/ISURedbirds/status/1574162400277921792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1574162400277921792%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Those helmets look amazing. Would love to see the Bison do something like this rather than simply the mix and match of pants/jersey/helmet already in the rotation that they do. Be bold!

Chalupa Batman
September 28th, 2022, 10:14 PM
Those helmets look amazing. Would love to see the Bison do something like this rather than simply the mix and match of pants/jersey/helmet already in the rotation that they do. Be bold!

Those helmets do look sweet.

I'd like to see some creativity too, but I don't think I want NDSU to go as bold as some other schools do. I think the green jerseys at home with white pants and a white helmet would look pretty good. Maybe like a black jersey with green pants and green helmet could look good too. Just don't do anything like camo or gray or anything like that.

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2022, 08:54 AM
Wanted to pick an upset in UND or Illinois St but just couldn't pull the trigger so going boring this week.

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2022, 09:00 AM

Those helmets do look sweet.

I'd like to see some creativity too, but I don't think I want NDSU to go as bold as some other schools do. I think the green jerseys at home with white pants and a white helmet would look pretty good. Maybe like a black jersey with green pants and green helmet could look good too. Just don't do anything like camo or gray or anything like that.
To each their own but I'm not a fan of schools using a primary jersey color that isn't one of their schools colors (other than white). Black jerseys seem to be en vogue lately but unless you're a school like Iowa or Texas Tech that uses black as a school color I don't like it.

That probably just means I'm getting old - the players seem to really like it and fans get used to it. I remember when NDSU unveiled the harvest helmets in 2015 there was a lot of griping but it's tough to find anyone anymore that doesn't like them at least occasionally.

Redbird 4th & short
September 29th, 2022, 02:15 PM
we were hoping the new helmets would get us a few votes on AGS MVFC Pick 'em Week 5 ... but we still have zero votes.

The consensus on Redbird forum is that this is the tough game we have to win if anything is going to happen this season. We got them at home, comin off a bye week, game is sold out after couple lackluster OOC home games and it's Family Day, so there woll be extra buzz. Going to be 74 and sunny all day, but 6:30 kickoff, so under the lights.

We should have much better scouting reports on them than they could possibly have on us given schedules .. Spack has had 2 weeks to get our collective sh-t together. This feels like situation we could well surprise as you hinted. I still am shocked by Valpo game after Wisconsin .. no idea what to make of that, other than .. we may suck again !!

Chalupa Batman
September 29th, 2022, 04:20 PM
To each their own but I'm not a fan of schools using a primary jersey color that isn't one of their schools colors (other than white). Black jerseys seem to be en vogue lately but unless you're a school like Iowa or Texas Tech that uses black as a school color I don't like it.

That probably just means I'm getting old - the players seem to really like it and fans get used to it. I remember when NDSU unveiled the harvest helmets in 2015 there was a lot of griping but it's tough to find anyone anymore that doesn't like them at least occasionally.

I’m pretty much with you, use just the school colors and then get creative mixing them up. I just threw in black as the only one I’d be willing to look at, and even then only if it was with the green helmet and green pants. No thank you to black jerseys with yellow helmets and yellow pants.

I do think a white helmet, green jersey, and white pants at home would be a crisp, clean, and refreshing new look.

Bisonator
September 30th, 2022, 07:59 AM
I’m pretty much with you, use just the school colors and then get creative mixing them up. I just threw in black as the only one I’d be willing to look at, and even then only if it was with the green helmet and green pants. No thank you to black jerseys with yellow helmets and yellow pants.

I do think a white helmet, green jersey, and white pants at home would be a crisp, clean, and refreshing new look.
**** no!

Preferred Walk-On
September 30th, 2022, 09:20 AM
**** no!

Yeah, you are right...to UNDish (needs yellow). However, harvest (green) helmets, yellow jerseys, yellow pants, yellow socks, green shoes...now you are talking! Scream yellow!!! (IYKYK)

Chalupa Batman
September 30th, 2022, 01:23 PM
**** no!

Only at home though. Never on the road.

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2022, 02:10 PM
Missouri St.
NDSU
SDSU
UNI
SIU

Ditto.

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2022, 03:06 PM
UND surprising me today.

ysubigred
October 1st, 2022, 03:10 PM
UND surprising me today.Yup.. should of pulled the trigger on that pick.. was believing the hype on Mo St.

YSU getting schooled today with the run. Next week it's Schuster and his Arial attack..

POD Knows
October 1st, 2022, 05:44 PM
UND surprising me today.I picked UND and I knew they would win, they are a completely different team at home for some reason.

Chalupa Batman
October 1st, 2022, 06:00 PM
I picked UND and I knew they would win, they are a completely different team at home for some reason.

I picked them too. What you said and I figured the Bears might have a little bit of a hangover after last weeks game against SDSU.

F'N Hawks
October 1st, 2022, 06:12 PM
Fun game to be at! Bears are who we thought they were but didn't let them off the hook.