PDA

View Full Version : JSU vs Chattanooga

Feathered Fury
September 5th, 2005, 08:11 PM
JSU Coach Jack Crowe concerned about Chattanooga.

From his press conference on the Mocs:

"Moving on to Chattanooga. It is going to be required in my opinion to be a better team. Chattanooga if you want to make the scenario they are like we were trying to prove that the last time we played Furman the margin of victory wasn't what it was. Well we got a bunch coming at us trying to prove the same thing. We had a margin of victory to me that was not representative of the difference in the two teams. I think anytime you've got a new coach and Rodney is going through this. Organization, and planning take a little while to take effect. It is obvious to me watching the Chattanooga film after there overtime win over Tennessee Tech. They are better organized and have a significant improvement in there plans offensively and defensively. I hope I don't make a comment that misleads anybody here. They are not the Furman team. They are not pre-season picked to win a national championship by anybody. Let me say this, there will be more athletes on the field at different times of the game than there was last week. They have got some athletic people running around and doing some things very impressively. That's the reason they returned two interceptions for touchdowns. That doesn't happen in the average football game. That tells you they have some people running around out there making plays."

fuEMO
September 5th, 2005, 08:33 PM
UTC has always had athletic players, the problem had been discipline, coaching, etc… I remember when UTC always gave Furman fits in the early 80s.

I expect JSU to play well again at home and run the ball down UTCs throat.

JSU 34
UTC 17

JaxStateManager
September 5th, 2005, 10:08 PM
After the effort that JSU gave last week against Furman, I expect JSU to step it up one more notch on defense and really make some big plays.

JSU 45
UTC 10

youwouldno
September 5th, 2005, 10:49 PM
UTC has a super athletic secondary, but their D-line still isn't too great. JSU should run all over them. UTC has some dangerous offensive weapons, so they will score some, but it won't be enough.