View Full Version : Look ma, we're on ESPN

henfan
October 17th, 2007, 03:01 PM
...but not for the right reason.xoopsx xsmhx

ESPN focuses on UD, DSU
Failure to meet in football examined
By KRISTIAN POPE and KEVIN TRESOLINI, The News Journal

Posted Wednesday, October 17, 2007
The ESPN show "Outside the Lines" will feature an upcoming segment on the lack of a Delaware-Delaware State football rivalry.

More at:
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071017/SPORTS07/710170373/1002/SPORTS

Lehigh Football Nation
October 17th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Delaware and Delaware State, two NCAA Division I-AA programs, have never met in a football game. But, as of now, both teams are in contention for a I-AA playoff berth and, under NCAA guidelines, the two could meet in a first-round game Nov. 24 at Delaware Stadium.

While 22,000-seat Delaware Stadium routinely is filled to capacity during the regular season, playoff crowds always are smaller, in part because students have to pay for tickets and most aren't on campus Thanksgiving weekend.

Delaware's State's 6,800-seat Alumni Stadium would not, therefore, be considered for a Hens-Hornets playoff game.

xeyebrowx So it's a done deal it would be at Delaware? I understand that would be likely to happen, but to be so brazen in the article about it?

pantherfan
October 17th, 2007, 04:25 PM
xeyebrowx So it's a done deal it would be at Delaware? I understand that would be likely to happen, but to be so brazen in the article about it?

That's kind of a "Duh" though. DSU is nowhere near being seeded; the ONLY scenario where they'd be the home team.xnodx

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2007, 04:50 PM

Their interpretation of the statement is blatently wrong xnonox

If DSU outbids other potential host schools, they'll get a home game, no matter the size of their stadium. Now, they'd have to put in a substantial bid, but it's not like it couldn't happen. What makes it unlikely is that Delaware is quite good at putting in large enough bids to host when necessary as well, and so would most likely host any playoff game between the 2. UD is also the most likely to be seeded, I would think, which would therefore give them another advantage.

To say that DSU's would not be considered is just a total misrepresentation of the process.

R.A.
October 17th, 2007, 07:09 PM

I agree Lehigh... reporters...xnonono2x