PDA

View Full Version : VILLANOVA PEOPLE- QUESTION ON SATURDAYS GAME

MUHAWKS
September 19th, 2022, 02:47 PM
I have been to one game at Nova as an opposing fan and if I recall, parking was relegated for us to one lot which was not very close. Was not really too far either but just remember it being weird. Now I see our athletics dept doing some alumni/fan tailgate but it is in the law school lot which seems not close to the stadium at all (I like to get into game early etc). Is there any way to park close as an opposing fan? I see it is family weekend as well and the first 4 hotels I called has nothing for Sat night. Looking to stay over b/c it is 3:30 kickoff and I am gonna drink 12 beers. Last thing, I see that PA allows in state betting on college (allowed to bet on Nova games in PA as opposed to NJ which we cannot).. any place close that is not a dumb that may be open late sat am??

Thanks in advance and also if you want to share game thoughts, injury info etc etc LMK

Gangtackle11
September 19th, 2022, 03:58 PM
There is a new parking garage directly across the street from the stadium if you aren’t tailgating otherwise the law school lot it is. You can call the Nova ticket office to see if there are any spots in the Nova lot behind the visitor stands. (610-519-4000 (tel:610-519-4000)).

No hotel within walking distance for a 12 pack guy. Maybe the Villanova hotel on campus, but I doubt there are any rooms given parents weekend.

I’m not a gambler so I can’t help you there, but I’m sure there is one fairly close.

Nova was a 2-9 football team the season Monmouth beat them 20-9 if I recall. You guys won fair & square that day.

This Saturday will tell alot about Nova. Pretender or contender? A loss to Monmouth would say alot. A win wouldn’t tell me much just yet.

Welcome to the Main Line!!

xpeacex

MUHAWKS
September 19th, 2022, 04:43 PM
There is a new parking garage directly across the street from the stadium if you aren’t tailgating otherwise the law school lot it is. You can call the Nova ticket office to see if there are any spots in the Nova lot behind the visitor stands. (610-519-4000 (tel:610-519-4000)).

No hotel within walking distance for a 12 pack guy. Maybe the Villanova hotel on campus, but I doubt there are any rooms given parents weekend.

I’m not a gambler so I can’t help you there, but I’m sure there is one fairly close.

Nova was a 2-9 football team the season Monmouth beat them 20-9 if I recall. You guys won fair & square that day.

This Saturday will tell alot about Nova. Pretender or contender? A loss to Monmouth would say alot. A win wouldn’t tell me much just yet.

xpeacex

To be fair we were a 5-6 team who lost to Wagner, Lehigh and Colgate! But agreed that a win does not tell you too much more, a loss however would not bode well. And not b/c we suck, b/c we def do not, but if a team is going to be a legit top 10 team they need to beat a team like us. We are essentially looking at this game like our entire season b/c we felt we should be 3-0, or could easily be. So there is no moral victory in playing well in a close loss. It is win only. I watched your Lehigh game and between that and just seeing stats from LIU and Army I think you guys will be surprised with our ability to run the ball on you. We have 3 very good backs and 1 who just may be very special. Our defensive line however is a serious problem (for us).

Yeah man these hotels are mostly booked for sat night and the rooms left are like jacked to $500. Appreciate the info on the parking, I have a partially torn calf which is why I ask- walking across the street 1/4 mile is one thing but that law school lot seems like 15-20 minutes. Looking forward to this very much the weather is supposed to be perfect, high 60's and clear..

ngineer
September 19th, 2022, 07:39 PM

xpeacex

Agreed. The new parking deck across the street from the stadium is spacious, well lit and easy exit onto side street that takes you up to Route 30.

Gangtackle11
September 19th, 2022, 07:59 PM
3075104 (tel:3075104)[/URL]]To be fair we were a 5-6 team who lost to Wagner, Lehigh and Colgate! But agreed that a win does not tell you too much more, a loss however would not bode well. And not b/c we suck, b/c we def do not, but if a team is going to be a legit top 10 team they need to beat a team like us. We are essentially looking at this game like our entire season b/c we felt we should be 3-0, or could easily be. So there is no moral victory in playing well in a close loss. It is win only. I watched your Lehigh game and between that and just seeing stats from LIU and Army I think you guys will be surprised with our ability to run the ball on you. We have 3 very good backs and 1 who just may be very special. Our defensive line however is a serious problem (for us).

Yeah man these hotels are mostly booked for sat night and the rooms left are like jacked to $500. Appreciate the info on the parking, I have a partially torn calf which is why I ask- walking across the street 1/4 mile is one thing but that law school lot seems like 15-20 minutes. Looking forward to this very much the weather is supposed to be perfect, high 60's and clear..

This all holds true should be an entertaining game. Our offensive strength is a solid run game including the QB. Our QB is a strong-armed guy who needs to tone it down a bit as he tends to throw into coverage alot so far.

Hawks will be able to run the ball if Army is any indication. The Cadets ran for 472 last Saturday.

Main Line hotels arent cheap on Parents Weekend. Lots of parents who can afford an $80k a year tuition gobble up those $500 rooms quickly.

xpeacex

CHIP72
September 19th, 2022, 09:11 PM
If possible, considering you are staying overnight, I recommend staying in Center City Philadelphia and taking either Paoli/Thorndale Regional Rail Line or the Market-Frankford Line/Norristown High Speed Line out to Villanova; both have stops within walking distance of Villanova Stadium.

MR. CHICKEN
September 20th, 2022, 12:00 PM
This all holds true should be an entertaining game. Our offensive strength is a solid run game including the QB. Our QB is a strong-armed guy who needs to tone it down a bit as he tends to throw into coverage alot so far.

Hawks will be able to run the ball if Army is any indication. The Cadets ran for 472 last Saturday.

Main Line hotels arent cheap on Parents Weekend. Lots of parents who can afford an $80k a year tuition gobble up those $500 rooms quickly.

xpeacex

....GET DIS GUY....UH CARDBOARD BOX....ANNA MAINLINE...SIDEWALK GRATE....AFTERAH 12 BLACK & TANS....HE'LL THINK HE'S AT JERRY BLAVATT'S CONDO............BRAWK!

ngineer
September 20th, 2022, 01:09 PM
....GET DIS GUY....UH CARDBOARD BOX....ANNA MAINLINE...SIDEWALK GRATE....AFTERAH 12 BLACK & TANS....HE'LL THINK HE'S AT JERRY BLAVATT'S CONDO............BRAWK!
xlolxxdrunkyx

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 20th, 2022, 05:20 PM
MUHAWKS with 12 beers pregame your a veteran tailgater and hope you make the trip to Orono on 10/15, I'm just a pup at half that amount but would love to entertain nonetheless. Good luck in Philly and make sure you give the Wildcats all they can handle as we have them the following week.xdrunkyx

caribbeanhen
September 20th, 2022, 05:34 PM
I admit the title of this thread threw me off when I first glanced at it

I thought you were talking about these guys

And you can always stay at the YMCA

https://charts-static.billboard.com/img/1977/07/village-people-9xn-344x344.jpg

Village People

MUHAWKS
September 20th, 2022, 06:11 PM
MUHAWKS with 12 beers pregame your a veteran tailgater and hope you make the trip to Orono on 10/15, I'm just a pup at half that amount but would love to entertain nonetheless. Good luck in Philly and make sure you give the Wildcats all they can handle as we have them the following week.xdrunkyx

To be fair it is a 3:30 pm kickoff! But noted! Sounds lame but if game means anything for us will be the deciding factor for me on Maine. I have been to Maine for a game before (MU) and loved it, but would be solo this time and that is a LONG weekend..

- - - Updated - - -

I admit the title of this thread threw me off when I first glanced at it

I thought you were talking about these guys

And you can always stay at the YMCA

https://charts-static.billboard.com/img/1977/07/village-people-9xn-344x344.jpg

Village People

HAHAHAH- NICE

- - - Updated - - -

If possible, considering you are staying overnight, I recommend staying in Center City Philadelphia and taking either Paoli/Thorndale Regional Rail Line or the Market-Frankford Line/Norristown High Speed Line out to Villanova; both have stops within walking distance of Villanova Stadium.

THANKS