September 18th, 2022, 05:14 PM
Columbia
Holy Cross
Penn
Ohio U
Princeton

ngineer
September 18th, 2022, 09:46 PM
Based upon comparative scores, I'll take the Lions over the Bulldogs. Columbia has improved recently, as has the Hoyas, but I see the Georgetown getting powdered blue, 30-21.

Cross should win on the unfrozen tundra, though Raiders have some players that could keep it close. Crusaders put it together late, 28-17.

Penn stumbled out of the box and Laughyette hasn't gotten up yet. I'm expecting a donnybrook on the Schuylkill. Penn 13-6,\.

How much are PL schools getting paid to travel to MAC schools. Ohio could regret this based upon the Rams explosive offense. However, I don't think Fordham can sustain to win. Ohio, 41-33.

Lehigh travels to Princeton in what could be 'defining' game for the Mountain Hawks. Not expected to win, but expected to be competitive. That didn't happen last week. If the fight is lacking this week, it will be ugly. If Lehigh 'shows up' and plays with the heart shown at Villanova, they will still lose, 'respectfully' submitted, 31-20.

Bucky has a 'buy'. I say sell.

NY Crusader 2010
September 19th, 2022, 05:54 AM
Duquesne beat Ohio U. last year IIRC. Fordham will put up points and their defense will give up points. Will this be another edition of "whoever has the ball last wins?"

DFW HOYA
September 19th, 2022, 02:04 PM
Duquesne beat Ohio U. last year IIRC. Fordham will put up points and their defense will give up points. Will this be another edition of "whoever has the ball last wins?"

Likely, with Fordham holding on 48-41

NY Crusader 2010
September 19th, 2022, 02:09 PM
Columbia 34 Georgetown 21
Holy Cross 28 Colgate 19
Penn 23 Lafayette 13
Ohio 49 Fordham 31
Princeton 38 Lehigh 17

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2022, 11:50 PM
Anyone heading to Hamilton Saturday? I am tossing it around. Weather is looking like "my type of weather", upper 50s/low 60s and sunny. Maybe sneak in a quick 9 at Seven Oaks after the game? I will say if I hadn't wasted last Saturday driving to Bethlehem to witness the Lehigh debacle i definitely would venture to Andy Kerr. As it is, traveling on back-2-back Saturdays instead of relaxing and watching a plethora of games will be factored in.....

The Boogie Down
September 20th, 2022, 01:10 PM
Likely, with Fordham holding on 48-41

If you're right on this (and, like Crusader-10, I have the Rams losing by about 3 scores) then I'll show my respect by changing my avatar to an English bulldog!* Which would be pretty awkward being that after Ohio our very next contest is back home against Georgetown. Still, that's how bad I want this Ohio game!

* Bulldog avatar b/c who the hell can find a Hoya avatar? Or even knows what a Hoya is?

ngineer
September 20th, 2022, 01:11 PM
ESPN+

ngineer
September 20th, 2022, 01:14 PM
I think 'HOYA' is latin for "What". The school's cheer has been "Hoya Saxa" or "What Rocks!"

The Boogie Down
September 20th, 2022, 01:24 PM
I think 'HOYA' is latin for "What". The school's cheer has been "Hoya Saxa" or "What Rocks!"

Alright... So if DFW is correct and Fordham somehow beats Ohio, then in honor of his Hoyas, I'll change my avatar to a rock. But it'll hafta be a granite rock. Maybe 7 of 'em.

Ivytalk
September 20th, 2022, 08:47 PM
Columbia (1-0) at Georgetown (1-2), 12:30 pm
Holy Cross (3-0) at Colgate (1-2), 1:00 pm
Lafayette (1-2) at Penn (1-0), 1:00 pm
Fordham (3-0) at Ohio (1-2), 2:00 pm
Lehigh (1-2) at Princeton (1-0), 3:00 pm
Agreed.

TheValleyRaider
September 20th, 2022, 08:48 PM
Another week, another set of wins, at least for me. Less so for the League, though HC and Fordham look like the top of the class so far. Last week in September, all of a sudden, and a big League clash on tap, plus a few more Patriot-Ivy showdowns and an FBS game. Opportunities to shake things up a little bit abound, we'll see if anything gets shook. 6-1 last week, 16-4 for the season.

Columbia at Georgetown Columbia An evenly-played series over the last few years, another annual matchup. The Lions have won 3 of 4, which seems to coincide with their program having a pulse. Both teams have blowout wins at Marist, the Hoyas scoring more points, but Columbia conceding fewer. Feels evenly matched, with Georgetown at home after losing by 9 in NY last year, but I'll take Ivy side here.

Holy Cross at Colgate Colgate One big League matchup, the last two schools to win the League (though 2018 was suddenly a while ago). Colgate is also the last PL school to hand the Crusaders a road defeat, way back in that 2018 season opener. That itself is another pattern, as HC has only beaten the Raiders in Hamilton twice this century. To keep that pattern going, Colgate's defense will need to make this a rock fight. All wins look pretty though, if you can get them.

Lafayette at Penn Penn Similar matchup for the Quakers this week, a tough defense and less tough offense. Another trip to Philadelphia for the Leopards, could be similar in that their local opponent is the superior side. I say that, though, knowing that it was Lafayette who got the win a year ago in Easton. Does coming home give Penn a 10-point swing? Well, that and my concern if Lafayette can score 10 points.

Fordham at Ohio Ohio I almost did it, almost pulled the trigger on a second FBS upset. The Rams probably have the offense to make this interesting, but looking at the Bobcats' season to this point, they have blowout losses to Penn State and Iowa State, and a blowout win over Florida Atlantic. Fordham is closer to the other F(a)U than the others.

Lehigh at Princeton Princeton It feels strange to say, but Lehigh feels like an afterthought in the League. They aren't among the favorites (HC/FU), nor are they an absurdly imbalanced side (LC/CU defenses). They are just sort of...there. Not in a good way either, being soundly handled by two top CAA teams. Ivy champ Princeton is next, and this feels too easy, good Ivy beats bad Patriot.

DFW HOYA
September 20th, 2022, 09:24 PM
Columbia at Georgetown Columbia An evenly-played series over the last few years, another annual matchup. The Lions have won 3 of 4, which seems to coincide with their program having a pulse. Both teams have blowout wins at Marist, the Hoyas scoring more points, but Columbia conceding fewer. Feels evenly matched, with Georgetown at home after losing by 9 in NY last year, but I'll take Ivy side here.

Georgetown has been reasonably competitive with Columbia and Cornell, though I suspect that Bagnoli is pulling ahead. In games since 2003 with these two schools, Georgetown is 5-6.

In games versus the rest of the Ivy league, Georgetown is 2-23.

ngineer
September 21st, 2022, 01:02 PM
Alright... So if DFW is correct and Fordham somehow beats Ohio, then in honor of his Hoyas, I'll change my avatar to a rock. But it'll hafta be a granite rock. Maybe 7 of 'em.

Pic of Stonehenge may do...xsmiley_wix

Sader87
September 21st, 2022, 06:36 PM
Colgate game worries me....Kerr has been a house of horrors for the Saders ovah the last 40 or so years...Colgate finally at home after traversing all ovah the country....expect a tough game.

Leopard Loyalist
September 22nd, 2022, 07:06 PM
The consensus picks...
Columbia (1-0) at Georgetown (1-2), 12:30 pm
Holy Cross (3-0) at Colgate (1-2), 1:00 pm
Lafayette (1-2) at Penn (1-0), 1:00 pm
Fordham (3-0) at Ohio (1-2), 2:00 pm
Lehigh (1-2) at Princeton (1-0), 3:00 pm

RichH2
September 23rd, 2022, 03:46 PM
Columbia close overHoyas
Cross pulls away from Raiders
Penn over Pards
Ohio in a shoot out over Rams
Lehigh will beat the 18 pt spread.👍😏

crusader11
September 23rd, 2022, 05:35 PM
6-1 last week and 18-2 on the season....

Columbia at Georgetown -- Columbia could be a dark horse in the Ivy. Georgetown may have gotten their lone win in week one this season. Lions by 20+.

Holy Cross at Colgate -- Some murmuring in the HC camp that this could be a sneaky tough game. We haven't won at Andy Kerr since 2010 and the Red Raiders seem to have a good defense. I'm not overthinking this though and expect HC to win handily. Thinking a 34-13 kind of game.

Lafayette at Penn -- Just like last week, a middle-of-the-pack Ivy team is better than middle-of-the-pack Patriot. If Lafayette finds an offense, this could be a win.

Fordham at Ohio -- Fordham's offense is good enough to hang with a lot of teams out there, but they're not going to be out-score Ohio with their porous defense. Bobcats probably put up 50+.

Lehigh at Princeton -- Pitchforks are out in Bethlehem.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 23rd, 2022, 10:34 PM
I need to figure out my record as we enter October next week....

Columbia 38 Georgetown 20 - The Lions should be able to light-up a very suspect Hoya defense.

Penn 24 Lafayette 17 - I thought Lafayette would put up a better fight last week. Is W&M really that good? With that said, while I still question where Penn stands in the IL pecking order their owning of the Leopards historically makes it virtually impossible to pick against the Quakers at home. What will the combined ACTUAL attendance of Lafayette's two games in Philly be? 15k?

Ohio U. 56 Fordham 35 - Can Fordham keep it closer? I think so, but i'm hedging my bets on the fact their defense is so bad the added pressure will cause the offense to make some critical errors.

Holy Cross 27 Colgate 10 - This will be a slow, boring bludgeoning. One of those 17 point margins that feels like 35.....

Princeton 45 Lehigh 16 - Princeton good, Lehigh bad. That's my profound take of easily my favorite Lehigh OOC game. Honestly, I am so sick of Villanova and Monmouth....

NY Crusader 2010
September 24th, 2022, 01:38 AM
I need to figure out my record as we enter October next week....

Columbia 38 Georgetown 20 - The Lions should be able to light-up a very suspect Hoya defense.

Penn 24 Lafayette 17 - I thought Lafayette would put up a better fight last week. Is W&M really that good? With that said, while I still question where Penn stands in the IL pecking order their owning of the Leopards historically makes it virtually impossible to pick against the Quakers at home. What will the combined ACTUAL attendance of Lafayette's two games in Philly be? 15k?

Ohio U. 56 Fordham 35 - Can Fordham keep it closer? I think so, but i'm hedging my bets on the fact their defense is so bad the added pressure will cause the offense to make some critical errors.

Holy Cross 27 Colgate 10 - This will be a slow, boring bludgeoning. One of those 17 point margins that feels like 35.....

Princeton 45 Lehigh 16 - Princeton good, Lehigh bad. That's my profound take of easily my favorite Lehigh OOC game. Honestly, I am so sick of Villanova and Monmouth....

I'm not ready to name W&M the favorite in the CAA but they're definitely better than Temple.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 07:37 AM
I'm not ready to name W&M the favorite in the CAA but they're definitely better than Temple.

W&M might be better early in the season due to Temple getting their footing under new head coach Drayton. However, when the dust settles I highly doubt they'll be a better team. Temple looked good last week against a decent Rutgers team and figures to beat UMass rather easily today at the Linc. My guess is Temple scratches and claws its way to a 5-7 record.....

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2022, 07:40 AM

Hens holding you back right

NY Crusader 2010
September 24th, 2022, 08:59 AM
Hens holding you back right

Actually yes. Although, I both a) am predicting Elon to pull off an upset in the Burg today and b) am predicting the Tribe will bounce back the following week and beat the Hens at home. Of course today's results could effect B.

But if I had to pinpoint what I'd consider the best overall team in the CAA now, I'm going with Delaware.

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2022, 09:06 AM
Actually yes. Although, I both a) am predicting Elon to pull off an upset in the Burg today and b) am predicting the Tribe will bounce back the following week and beat the Hens at home. Of course today's results could effect B.

But if I had to pinpoint what I'd consider the best overall team in the CAA now, I'm going with Delaware.

Big game in Billy’s Burger on October 8 could feature undefeated Delaware versus undefeated William and Mary

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 09:16 AM
Anyone heading to Hamilton Saturday? I am tossing it around. Weather is looking like "my type of weather", upper 50s/low 60s and sunny. Maybe sneak in a quick 9 at Seven Oaks after the game? I will say if I hadn't wasted last Saturday driving to Bethlehem to witness the Lehigh debacle i definitely would venture to Andy Kerr. As it is, traveling on back-2-back Saturdays instead of relaxing and watching a plethora of games will be factored in.....

I would go but I was just out to Bloomsburg, Hazleton and Danville PA for business this past week and JUST saw this post. Anyways Im going to Central PA this week and will stay over Friday NEAR Lewisburg (not IN as its Homecoming and some volleyball tourney and the rooms in town are fricking 400 for Friday night!) and hope to roll in 9 on Friday afternoon or Saturday AM at Bucknell Golf Course

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 11:04 AM
Is Lafayette-Penn on TV?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 11:35 AM
I would go but I was just out to Bloomsburg, Hazleton and Danville PA for business this past week and JUST saw this post. Anyways Im going to Central PA this week and will stay over Friday NEAR Lewisburg (not IN as its Homecoming and some volleyball tourney and the rooms in town are fricking 400 for Friday night!) and hope to roll in 9 on Friday afternoon or Saturday AM at Bucknell Golf Course

I opted to clean the fish tank this morning, get some work done and watch all the games (Lehigh vs Princeton, Kansas vs Duke, Temple vs UMass, HC vs Colgate, KState vs Oklahoma, App State vs JMU, Tennesse vs Florida, SDSU vs Missouri State and Montana State vs EWU to name a few). I love spending the day at Colgate/Seven Oaks and the idea of seeing HC in person really intrigued me but it just wasn't to be.

The Lewisburg/Central PA area is beautiful! Some of the views looking west from Bucknell's campus are awesome! I love the drive out there and continuing on to State College/points west along I80. Despite Lehigh being awful last season I opted to make the trek simply to enjoy the afternoon out there.

Princeton has always been a great roadtrip but sadly Lehigh, specifically Gilmore, isn't capable of justifying the trip to South Central Jersey. Will say, getting to Princeton from Northeast PA is a bit tricky. There's really not a normal highway of any kind to get there once you exit 78.....

Southsider
September 24th, 2022, 11:36 AM
Is Lafayette-Penn on TV?

ESPN+

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 12:15 PM
I opted to clean the fish tank this morning, get some work done and watch all the games (Lehigh vs Princeton, Kansas vs Duke, Temple vs UMass, HC vs Colgate, KState vs Oklahoma, App State vs JMU, Tennesse vs Florida, SDSU vs Missouri State and Montana State vs EWU to name a few). I love spending the day at Colgate/Seven Oaks and the idea of seeing HC in person really intrigued me but it just wasn't to be.

The Lewisburg/Central PA area is beautiful! Some of the views looking west from Bucknell's campus are awesome! I love the drive out there and continuing on to State College/points west along I80. Despite Lehigh being awful last season I opted to make the trek simply to enjoy the afternoon out there.

Princeton has always been a great roadtrip but sadly Lehigh, specifically Gilmore, isn't capable of justifying the trip to South Central Jersey. Will say, getting to Princeton from Northeast PA is a bit tricky. There's really not a normal highway of any kind to get there once you exit 78.....

Spent Wednesday night in the delightful Myer Country Motel cottages in Milford PA. Refreshed but retained some of the original 1945 built pinewood wainscoat. Great front porches too. For only $95 weekday, somewhat offseason but sign next AM had "NO vacancy"...My grandparents had a place from 1960-72 on Delaware side in Layton NJ just a short ways from Dingmans Ferry Bridge. You could hear the vehicles trundle over the wood boards. They sold it to feds for Tocks Island Dam project which was abandoned a few years later. I went with granddad the last time to the place for clean out of a few things 50 years ago June 1972 I was 9, bday on 9/11). We had breakfast I remember the next morning at Milford PA Diner. I ate there again Thursday AM for a 50th anniversary commemoration. His neighbors held out selling and eventually got to keep their places. It was well timed for my grandparents as my grandmother had severe Alzheimers so they wanted to bring her down near my mom at a nursing home in Voorhees NJ and my grandfather moved to a small adult village that was recently built, Acacia Manor in Lumberton NJ.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 12:15 PM
Is Lafayette-Penn on TV?

NBC Sports Philly Channel 10.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 12:20 PM
'Pards look pretty good...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 12:29 PM
TD HC! They look to be in control in Hamilton. Colgate might have trouble driving into Crusader territory let alone scoring. They're going to need some short fields, great special teams, turnovers to have a chance imo....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 12:34 PM
3rd and 9 and Colgate elects to hand off up the middle for a 5 yard LOSS. You can't beat a Top 15 team with that type of mindset on offense.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 12:39 PM
Lafayette 0 Penn 0 End 1Q

Quakers 2nd and goal from 5 or so to start the 2nd quarter.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 12:45 PM
Penn scores on 4th and goal from the 1 on a throwback...blocked XP that is returned all the way down to the 10...nearly points for the Pards....

Quakers 6-0 14:11 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 12:46 PM
Holy Cross 7 Colgate 0 End 1Q...Crusaders nearing the red zone...

Colgate had less than 10 total yards in the first half. They look hapless....

DFW HOYA
September 24th, 2022, 12:53 PM
Columbia 13
Georgetown 0
Halftime

Georgetown has -1 yard rushing.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 12:56 PM
Colgate finally gets an explosive play which gets them inside HC territory. Ultimately, the drive stalls just outside the 20. Gate converts the FG...

HC 7 'Gate 3 11:27 2Q

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 01:08 PM
Wait the Pards didnt score even a FG at the Penn 10????

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 01:10 PM
Wait the Pards didnt score even a FG at the Penn 10????

Brutal...they had a punt return for a TD negated due to offsetting penalties prior....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 01:11 PM
TD 'Gate! Wow, after a nearly starting the game in reverse they have dominated the second quarter so far...

Colgate 10 HC 7 7:56 2Q

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 01:12 PM
Oh for Gods sake!!

- - - Updated - - -

How is Shuster doing? I know INT

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Oh for Gods sake!!

- - - Updated - - -

How is Shuster doing? I know INT

He looks "ok". Pards have some speed/playmakers on offense but their execution is brutal at times...

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 01:18 PM
He looks "ok". Pards have some speed/playmakers on offense but their execution is brutal at times...

Youre my eyes on this game...cant get it...Eli Steward (son of friend of mine) is starting for Pards at WR.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 01:23 PM
Watching Wake Forest it's a cray that no one can pry Ruggiero away from Winston-Salem. He's the type of guy Lehigh needs. One of the best offensive, and most respected, offensive minds in football....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 01:26 PM
Penn 6 Lafayette 0 Half

Very even first 30 minutes. Both teams moved the ball but the inability to execute loomed large.

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 01:30 PM
Pards need to do something!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 01:31 PM
Ohio with a 99 yard TD drive where they barely break a sweat. Ohio might put up 60....

14-0 Bobcats 1:24 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 01:32 PM
Crusaders TD!

HC 14-10 0:41 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 01:43 PM
TD Rams!

Ohio 14-7 13:53 2Q

Sader87
September 24th, 2022, 01:52 PM
HC essentially "slept-walked" to a 14-10 halftime lead....not looking too sharp overall...credit to Gate's D

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 02:00 PM
I got the Pard game! 6-0 Penn mid 3rd

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:02 PM
HC essentially "slept-walked" to a 14-10 halftime lead....not looking too sharp overall...credit to Gate's D

What a way to start the second half!

Crusaders 21-10 14:16 3Q

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 02:06 PM
Shuster sacked for 12.5 yard loss at half yard line - nearly a safety. Punt gives Penn ball at Pard 35

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:09 PM
Ohio FG...

Bobcats 17-7 6:36 2Q

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 02:11 PM
TD Penn

- - - Updated - - -

What a paltry Penn turnout

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:12 PM
TD Fordham on a huge pass play!!

Ohio 17 Fordham 14 5:26 2Q

Princeton marches methodically down the field on their opening possession...

Tigers 7-0 9:37 1Q

DFW HOYA
September 24th, 2022, 02:12 PM
Columbia 34
Georgetown 6
9:36 4th

Hoyas have 0 rushing yards (with a senior and a 5th yr RB)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:15 PM
TD Quakers!

Penn 12-0 3:13 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:18 PM
Columbia 34
Georgetown 6
9:36 4th

Hoyas have 0 rushing yards (with a senior and a 5th yr RB)

Georgetown is really bad! Thankfully the PL will present them some opportunities to maybe steal one more win this season.....

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 02:21 PM
Penn tried 2 point - no good...reviewed..no good

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:22 PM
The Mountain Hawks respond following a long kickoff return!

7-7 5:04 1Q

- - - Updated - - -

Lafayette QB looks hurt, might be something serious.....

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 02:22 PM
Shuster injured on 4th down sack...still on field...Defense personal foul on Penn after play

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:24 PM
They're going up and down the field in Athens...can't keep track. DeMorat putting up historical numbers....

Ohio 24-21 1:50 2Q

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 02:26 PM
Holy *****..they are bringing out the cart for Shuster

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:28 PM
HC TD...they brought their B- game yet are still in complete control...

Crusaders 28-10 4:17 3Q

DFW HOYA
September 24th, 2022, 02:31 PM
Georgetown is really bad! Thankfully the PL will present them some opportunities to maybe steal one more win this season.....

I don't see anything until Bucknell:

10/1: at Fordham
10/8: Penn
10/22: at Colgate
10/29: at Lafayette
11/5: St. Francis

It's so deflating every single #$%$$ year.

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 02:34 PM
Shusters left leg in an air cast...transported by ambulance

DFW HOYA
September 24th, 2022, 02:35 PM

Columbia with a 93 yd INT return.

Columbia 42
Georgetown 6
3:05 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:36 PM
Shusters left leg in an air cast...transported by ambulance

Knew right away it was bad...ugh...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:38 PM
Ohio 31 Fordham 21 Half....

Both teams are going up and down the field...

Princeton 7 Lehigh 7 End 1Q

Lehigh looked pretty good during the first 15 minutes. Perri/play calling has been effective on offense. Can they keep it up?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:45 PM
Lehigh FG...they're winning!!

Lehigh 10 Princeton 7 13:07 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 02:54 PM
Tigers answer with a FG of their own...

10-10 9:58 2Q

DFW HOYA
September 24th, 2022, 02:54 PM
Columbia 42
Georgetown 6
Final

Rushing Yards:
Columbia 47 carries, 199 yards
Georgetown 14 carries, 0 yards

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 03:02 PM
Holy Cross puts the final nail in the coffin following a muffed punt....

Crusaders 34-10 4:46 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 03:07 PM
TD Fordham! DeMorat 13-17 277 yards, 4 TD 0 INT....

Ohio 31-28 13:37 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 03:09 PM
Ohio returns the ensuing kickoff for a TD!!...this is loonie tunes...

Ohio 38-28 13:23 3Q

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 03:15 PM
FINAL Penn 12 Lafayette 0

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 03:16 PM
TD Rams!....is anyone else watching this?!?!

Ohio 38-35 11:18 3Q

BNiche
September 24th, 2022, 03:18 PM
TD Rams!....is anyone else watching this?!?!

Ohio 38-35 11:18 3Q

If only they can get a stop, ONE stop... still, this offense is incredible to watch.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 03:24 PM
Lehigh 10 Princeton 10 Half

Lehigh's front 7 on defense has been the difference so far. Mountain Hawk offense still painful to watch. Can they find a way to score 24 points and maybe steal a win? Or will Princeton clean things up on offense and blow this open in the second half?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 03:26 PM
If only they can get a stop, ONE stop... still, this offense is incredible to watch.

Fordham stops the Bocats on 4th down!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 03:35 PM
Fordham takes the lead!!

Rams 42-38 3:27 3Q

Rams offense is incredible! At this point historically great relative to the PL record book....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 03:41 PM
80+ yard TD Pass for Fordham!

Rams 49 Ohio 38 0:53 3Q

DeMorat 19/23 436 yards 6 TD....lol

BNiche
September 24th, 2022, 03:45 PM
Does Ohio seriously have a OL whose last name is Titsworth with the number 69?

DFW HOYA
September 24th, 2022, 03:58 PM
DeMorat now at 450 yards passing with 14 min. to play.

Fordham 49
Ohio 46
13:54 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 04:04 PM
Princeton has asserted themselves to start the 3rd...

Tigers 20-10 7:36 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 04:07 PM
Rams add a FG...

Fordham 52-46 10:35 3Q

DFW HOYA
September 24th, 2022, 04:17 PM
Fordham holds Ohio on 4th and 2 at the 18.

Fordham 52
Ohio 46
6:24 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Princeton tacks on another FG following the 3rd third quarter turnover by Perri. The offense is a clown show...

Tigers 23-10 End 3Q

Princeton honestly is not that impressive. Their OL is getting worked over....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 04:32 PM
Fordham with the INT! 3 minutes left and counting!

Libertine
September 24th, 2022, 04:33 PM
All these penalties aren't terrible for Fordham here. The clock is a bigger consideration than yardage.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 04:37 PM
All these penalties aren't terrible for Fordham here. The clock is a bigger consideration than yardage.

2:24 could still mean 3 scores....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 04:41 PM
TD Princeton! go for 2 and fail

Tigers 29-10 11:04 4Q

Princeton rolling without even playing that well imo. Lehigh is back to full-on dumpster fire mode this half....

crusader11
September 24th, 2022, 04:41 PM
Almost feels like Fordham should let Ohio score here to get the ball back with enough time to get in FG range.

crusader11
September 24th, 2022, 04:43 PM
Stupid of Ohio to have hurried up on 1st and goal from the 5 with around a minute left. Time wasn't an issue for them at all.

Now, Fordham has :52 left and two timeouts to get into FG range.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 04:43 PM
TD Ohio!

Bobcats 53-52 0:52 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 04:48 PM
Brutal sequence of penalties here for Fordham....

Libertine
September 24th, 2022, 04:49 PM
Brutal sequence of penalties here for Fordham....

If you're going to spike your headset, don't do it A) on the field and B) right at the ref's feet.

Also, don't spike your headset. Those things are expensive.

crusader11
September 24th, 2022, 04:51 PM
Is the moment too big for Conlin?

Looked like he stopped coaching after he took an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Headset remained off.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 04:52 PM
Ohio picks up a failed lateral attempt on the final play of the game and runs it in for a TD...

Ohio 59 Fordham 52 Final

Damn, that was there for the taking....

Libertine
September 24th, 2022, 04:52 PM
Is the moment too big for Conlin?

Looked like he stopped coaching after he took an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Headset remained off.

The headset was in at least two pieces. Probably didn't work anymore.

DFW HOYA
September 24th, 2022, 04:53 PM
That's pretty much the worst two minutes of football for Fordham you'll see in years.

So who are they taking it out on next week? (Ugh...)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 04:54 PM
Lehigh with a defensive TD!

Princeton 29-17 5:10 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2022, 05:05 PM
Princeton 29 Lehigh 17 Final

Princeton takes mercy at the end and opts not to score. Game was nowhere near as close as the final score indicates. Lehigh's offense is inexcusable at this point. There has to be coaching changes...

The Boogie Down
September 24th, 2022, 05:07 PM
That's pretty much the worst two minutes of football for Fordham you'll see in years.

So who are they taking it out on next week? (Ugh...)

No, it started at around the 6 minute mark when DeMorat, at the time approaching 500 yards passing, started handing the ball off for one yard gains. Aside from CLUELESS JOE CONLIN, who starts running the clock out with over 6 minutes to go? That was the third to last drive. The penultimate drive featured penalty after penalty after penalty without ever going deep. And then finally the last drive featured some more penalties, one by CLUELESS JOE CONLIN himself, to set Fordham back. Not to mention a timeout not taken, which ate 15 seconds off the clock when, after a medium gain, Fordham really couldn't afford to lose 15 seconds. That final timeout was finally taken with 5 seconds to go and Fordham with the ball at their own 40. CLUELESS JOE CONLIN used that timeout to say nothing, then chew on his fingernails, then saying nothing again. Instead of going deep to Carter of Kokosiulos they again went short hoping to lateral their way for a 60 yard score. In the end Ohio picked up a loose ball for the final TD as CLUELESS JOE CONLIN again bit his nails.

So, three drives, zero deep balls, zero points after being up 52-46 w/6 and change to go.

BNiche
September 24th, 2022, 05:54 PM
Two things can be true - there may be some. Ohio homecooking with penalty calls and Conlin completely changing the playcalling in the last 6 minutes as well as him getting a 15 yard penalty are both inexcusable. You can NOT change what was working or else, well, this.

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2022, 06:02 PM
Two things can be true - there may be some. Ohio homecooking with penalty calls and Conlin completely changing the playcalling in the last 6 minutes as well as him getting a 15 yard penalty are both inexcusable. You can NOT change what was working or else, well, this.

Last time I saw an unsportsmanlike on coach was against Tavani at home vs Harvard, an ugly Pard game

Go...gate
September 24th, 2022, 06:27 PM
Princeton 29 Lehigh 17 Final

Princeton takes mercy at the end and opts not to score. Game was nowhere near as close as the final score indicates. Lehigh's offense is inexcusable at this point. There has to be coaching changes...

I was there. Lehigh's quarterback did not have a good game. Princeton's defense forced three turnovers.

WTH happened to Colgate?

Sader87
September 24th, 2022, 07:02 PM
I was there. Lehigh's quarterback did not have a good game. Princeton's defense forced three turnovers.

WTH happened to Colgate?

They actually played HC pretty tough....Saders took full advantage of some big plays...an interception, blocked punt and fumbled punt to pull away. Take away those big plays and the game was played pretty evenly.

ngineer
September 25th, 2022, 10:21 PM
I was in Princeton and was disappointed with the self-inflicted wounds: 3 interceptions by Perri, a lost fumble, and a blocked punt deep in Lehigh territory. 3 scores came directly from the blocked punt and two of the turnovers. The offense was not able to adjust to Princeton's defensive changes in the second half. Lehigh still suffering from the loss of two starting OL. The two frosh filling in just aren't ready for prime time. The effort is there, but just outclassed on the LOS. Perri under a lot of pressure. I question not using Garcia for a third and short, but instead using DePeitro, who is shifty, but you need a power runner in that situation. Also, thought Gilmore should have gone for 4th and 1 near midfield in the fourth quarter. PLAY TO WIN! To me, it showed lack of confidence in the offense. Yes, they were struggling, but at that a stage of the game, you have to try to make something happen and showing your team you have confidence in them to get it done is half the job. Princeton, as usual, had some significant speed that we could not match--especially in the fourth quarter on a beautiful long pass play where the Tiger WR just blew away the secondary. Lehigh front 7 played pretty good. Kids fought well, just overmatched, but without the turnovers, it would have made for an interesting fourth quarter. We did get, possibly, a glimpse into the future with the insertion of freshman Brayten Silbor, 6'3" 210 lbs. from Scottsdale, AZ in the fourth quarter. First play he throws a beautiful 50 yard completion. Very fluid and effortless. Perri, does not have as strong an arm, but likely knows the offense much better at this point. I expect Perri to start against Monmouth this week, but he may be on a short leash if Perri cannot get the offense moving. Reminds me, somewhat, when Higgins inserted a young Phil Stambaugh into a game halfway through the 1997 season. The following three years were amazing.