PDA

View Full Version : AGS Crazy 8’s Survival League - Week 4, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
September 18th, 2022, 02:47 PM
We're 1/4 into the season and we have picked ~1/5 of the teams in the FCS. Despite the 8 picks/wk, the only players eliminated from the game thus far have been due to missed weeks for picks. This week, four were perfect, and three of these are at the top or very near the top with 22-23 correct picks. Nice work!

The leaderboard (link in my signature) has been updated to reflect results through Week 3. Let conference play begin, and I can't wait to see what happens from here.

Below is the link for making Week 4 picks. I hope everyone is enjoying the game so far.

MAKE WEEK 4 SURVIVAL PICKS HERE (https://forms.gle/zya1wjAmUgRx9coRA)
DEADLINE: THU, SEP 22 @ 7:30 PM ET

Preferred Walk-On
September 18th, 2022, 02:49 PM
Challenge-approved Week 4 games:

Thu, Sep 22
Chattanooga @ Illinois

Sat, Sep 24
Furman @ Charleston Southern
East Tennessee State @ Robert Morris
Rhode Island @ Pittsburgh
Columbia @ Georgetown
Harvard @ Brown
Holy Cross @ Colgate
Morehead State @ Stetson
Bryant @ Long Island University
Lafayette @ Pennsylvania
San Diego @ Valparaiso
Stony Brook @ Richmond
Fordham @ Ohio
North Dakota State @ South Dakota
Dartmouth @ Sacred Heart
Mississippi Valley State @ Jackson State
Merrimack @ Delaware State
St. Francis @ Norfolk State
Marist @ Drake
Yale @ Cornell
Idaho State @ Northern Colorado
Western Carolina @ Samford
Central Arkansas @ Southeast Missouri
Lehigh @ Princeton
North Dakota @ Southern Illinois
South Dakota State @ Missouri State
Central Connecticut @ UAlbany
Texas Southern @ Texas-San Antonio
Monmouth @ Villanova
Elon @ William & Mary
Northern Iowa @ Western Illinois
Idaho @ Northern Arizona
Montana State @ Eastern Washington
Portland State @ Montana
Jacksonville State @ Nicholls
Grambling @ Bethune-Cookman
Eastern Kentucky @ Austin Peay
New Hampshire @ Towson
Sac State @ Colorado State
Lamar @ Northwestern State
Eastern Illinois @ Murray State
Hampton @ Delaware
Mercer @ Gardner-Webb
Alabama A&M @ Florida A&M
Prairie View A&M @ Alabama State
Wofford @ Kennesaw State
Tarleton State @ North Alabama
SC State @ North Carolina A&T
Davidson @ Presbyterian
Arkansas-Pine Bluff @ Alcorn State
Lindenwood @ Tennessee-Martin
Incarnate Word @ Southeastern Louisiana
Houston Baptist @ Texas State
Utah Tech @ Southern Utah
Weber State @ UC Davis

taper
September 19th, 2022, 11:19 AM
I made a terrible mistake last week. Submitted Idaho St instead of Idaho in the drop down. Cost me a perfect week and a reuse. At least I saw that before trying to reuse that team and getting another loss.

KPSUL
September 19th, 2022, 11:25 AM
Picks are In

POD Knows
September 19th, 2022, 12:11 PM
Answer key is in

Daytripper
September 19th, 2022, 12:41 PM
The truth has been submitted.

caribbeanhen
September 19th, 2022, 12:44 PM
I made a terrible mistake last week. Submitted Idaho St instead of Idaho in the drop down. Cost me a perfect week and a reuse. At least I saw that before trying to reuse that team and getting another loss.

join the Club

my iPhone life is taking its toll

Libertine
September 19th, 2022, 02:54 PM
punched it in

Preferred Walk-On
September 21st, 2022, 12:10 PM
I'm in.

Also, I noticed that my "alphabetical" listing of conferences on everybody's results/picks sheet lists the "OVC" conference and teams between the "Big South" and the "CAA". While I don't have an Ivy education, I do know my ABC's. ;) My apologies for this, but I am going to leave it as such, since I don't want to accidentally muck with the sheets/calculations. Sorry if you had to search a bit for OVC teams you had used.

dewey
September 22nd, 2022, 04:15 AM
My picks are in.

Dewey

Chalupa Batman
September 22nd, 2022, 05:40 AM
I'm in.

Also, I noticed that my "alphabetical" listing of conferences on everybody's results/picks sheet lists the "OVC" conference and teams between the "Big South" and the "CAA". While I don't have an Ivy education, I do know my ABC's. ;) My apologies for this, but I am going to leave it as such, since I don't want to accidentally muck with the sheets/calculations. Sorry if you had to search a bit for OVC teams you had used.

I've thought it would be easier to have one big alphabetized list of teams instead of having to stroll from conference to conference.

OhioHen
September 22nd, 2022, 06:59 AM
Picks submitted

MR. CHICKEN
September 22nd, 2022, 08:22 AM
IN

Preferred Walk-On
September 22nd, 2022, 02:52 PM
With about 4.5 hr left to the deadline, here is the list of players I have received picks from:

crusader11
MTfan4life
taper
KPSUL
POD Knows
Daytripper
Libertine
McNeese75
TheValleyRaider
Chalupa Batman
caribbeanhen
Preferred Walk-On
dewey
OhioHen
MR. CHICKEN

Catbooster
September 22nd, 2022, 05:36 PM
In

MSUBobcat
September 23rd, 2022, 11:02 AM
Well ****... didn't think the deadline was the Chatt-Illinois game, being a play up game. Better luck next year!

Catbooster
September 23rd, 2022, 11:31 AM
Well ****... didn't think the deadline was the Chatt-Illinois game, being a play up game. Better luck next year!
That sucks, but you get two weeks of losses before you're out.

Preferred Walk-On
September 23rd, 2022, 01:08 PM

Sorry to hear that. It is always an issue with whether or not to set the deadline to include Thu/Fri games. This is especially true for Week 1 and 2. Therefore, I just made a decision that it will always be the first qualifying game of the week (FCS v. FCS or FCS v. FBS).

I have often thought about simply making a Saturday deadline and excluding all Thu/Fri games throughout the season; however, I think there would be more of a stink about that then the early deadline. Also, the deadline is as such, because I simply don't have the time to keep track of which picks are in on time and which aren't and don't have the time (or even remember) to adjust the form to remove choices from games that have started. That is the reasoning for the deadline always being the start of the first game of the "weekend", and since this was a "qualifying" game (even if nobody was picking Chattanooga over Illinois), the deadline was this first game.

All the above said, you are still in the game (it is double-week elimination), AND you now have an 8 team advantage (teams available to pick for the remainder of the season) over all other players. Of course, this is negated somewhat by the fact that others could make up/distance some correct picks from you, but I think as the season goes on, this might even itself out. I am hopeful you will continue playing and comeback and show all of us your FCS knowledge.