PDA

View Full Version : Time for Whitten to go!!!

katstrapper
October 17th, 2007, 06:53 AM
I thought I would stir up this topic for SHSU faithful and other Southland foes. It is my opinion that it is time for Coach Whitten and staff to go. Whitten's overall record in three years at SHSU is 11-16, including his 2-4 record this season. I think this season is his worst effort given the talent level we are putting on the field, and I am talking about the entire team, not just Bomar.Whitten and his staff need to return to DII ranks where he had his success, but even when at Tarleton St he couldnt win the big game.

TIME TO GO!!!!!xcoffeex

JohnStOnge
October 17th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I think you guys overestimated Bomar. I'm not saying he's not a real good quarterback on the FCS level, but after watching him last week I think the Sam Houston community's expectations based on him being there were excessive. He's not that great of a runner and, while he has a very strong arm and puts a lot of zip on the ball, he's not the kind of passer that is going to overwhelmingly dominate on the FCS level against good FCS teams on a consistent basis.

Pullard looked better at the running back position than Bomar looked at the QB position in the game I watched.

Meanwhile, the defense is very soft. The only reason McNeese didn't score pretty much more is that the Cowboys fumbled the ball away three times when they were threatening and their speed guy (Quinten Lawrence) dropped two TD passes).

Now, whether that's all Whitten's fault or not, I don't know.

Also...I gotta say this: I read there was some dissention where Bomar got upset that Whitten punted on a fourth and short. I even read that another FBS transfer punched Bomar. But I will say that Bomar is competetive and never gave up. I don't question his desire at all.

beerkat
October 21st, 2007, 10:32 AM
He's not that great of a runner

haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN_ORdsRtHk

McNeese75
October 21st, 2007, 11:55 AM
haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN_ORdsRtHk

xrolleyesx Ummm, isn't he running against the defense that gave up 58 to Nicholls a couple weeks ago? xrotatehx

TexasTerror
October 21st, 2007, 12:03 PM
xrolleyesx Ummm, isn't he running against the defense that gave up 58 to Nicholls a couple weeks ago? xrotatehx

I do not believe NWST's defense gave up 58 points...

I think it was NWST's offense...I recall atleast four INTs returned for a TD and plenty of short field situations...

siugrad99
October 21st, 2007, 12:59 PM
And I thought all the SHSU fans thought the Oklahoma Cheater would come in and carry the program. Doesn't look like that is working out for ya.

TexasTerror
October 21st, 2007, 01:36 PM
And I thought all the SHSU fans thought the Oklahoma Cheater would come in and carry the program. Doesn't look like that is working out for ya.

As we have learned in Huntsville, each of the other good QBs that have come through had solid support pieces around them...

Long had Fuller, Cartwright, Mathenia and Roberts at WR and TE plus Smith and Godfrey at RB...

McCown had Cooper at WR and Heinrich at TE...

What does Bomar have?

He has a Preseason All-American at TE and a very young running game. The WRs have speed, but are really not proven like those WRs that McCown and Long had.

What do the Kats need to do next year? See the running game continue it's improvement and get some stronger play from WRs (whether transfers or guys who stand up)...