View Full Version : Game thread: FCS #1 NDSU Bison @ FBS University of Arizona Wildcats

dewey
September 17th, 2022, 07:31 AM
FCS #1 NDSU Bison @ FBS University of Arizona Wildcats.

Who do you think wins?

Dewey

The Yo Show
September 17th, 2022, 07:37 AM
NDSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2022, 07:37 AM
NDSU wins this IMO.

Luepke/Williams should be the workhorses and explode in the 4th quarter. NDSU's young interior DL and LBs will have some growing pains.

A gap power and play action pass.

Game day notebook: Bison offensive coordinator Roehl has played role in majority of NDSU's FBS victories - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/game-day-notebook-bison-offensive-coordinator-roehl-has-played-role-in-majority-of-ndsus-fbs-victories)

dewey
September 17th, 2022, 07:39 AM
The NDSU athletic department is FANTASTIC at these videos.

NDSU HYPE VIDEO
https://youtu.be/9IkVhiz_1OU

NDSU @ Arizona GameDay preview:
https://youtu.be/xUM-M3bit0Y

Dewey

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2022, 07:40 AM
After the Bizon win today, the frenzy will grow to suck them up into the FBS

SUPharmacist
September 17th, 2022, 07:45 AM
Going to be a long day waiting for kickoff.

dewey
September 17th, 2022, 07:53 AM
Going to be a long day waiting for kickoff.

^^^^TRUTH!

Hopefully Luepke and Williams get a LOT of carries and NDSU grinds them down.

Dewey

NY Crusader 2010
September 17th, 2022, 08:07 AM
New poll:

Will Arizona fans storm the field if they win? Yes/No

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2022, 08:31 AM
New poll:

Do Arizona fans know what’s coming?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2022, 08:31 AM
New poll:

Maybe UNI fans can give them some advice....:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2022, 08:33 AM
^^^^TRUTH!

Hopefully Luepke and Williams get a LOT of carries and NDSU grinds them down.

Dewey

Probably why both have not been used much. Rest William's groin and Hunter has gotten just enough carriers to keep sharp.

NDSU's 1st play should be I backs with some type of play action pass out of it.

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2022, 08:38 AM
Been in AZ since Thursday... lots of Bison fans roaming around Tucson last night in the places we were at. Hoping for about 10k of us in attendance to give it a fairly neutral feel. Doesn't sound like it'll sell out but it should be an ideal Arizona September night for football... hopefully those watching don't fall asleep.

As for the game I'm cautiously optimistic... this FBS winning streak (now at 6 games over 12 years) has to end some time but hoping it's not against a team as relatively bad as Arizona.... they've beaten better FBS teams over that time frame. Need the o-line and the stable of ball carriers NDSU has to lean on and wear that Wildcat defense down. Watch out for backup QB Cole Payton (#15) coming in the game from time to time to run and potentially throw... he's a beast running the ball and I'm sure the Zona defense has been coached up to stack the box (even more than they normally would against the NDSU offense) when he comes in so if they decide to call a play action pass when he comes in....

Looks like the Vegas consensus has settled in at NDSU -1.5 although it was up to NDSU -3 for a short bit last night. Will probably have more line movement as we get closer to game time tonight: https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/matchups/arizona-vs-north-dakota-state/line-movements/

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2022, 08:53 AM
Been in AZ since Thursday... lots of Bison fans roaming around Tucson last night in the places we were at. Hoping for about 10k of us in attendance to give it a fairly neutral feel. Doesn't sound like it'll sell out but it should be an ideal Arizona September night for football... hopefully those watching don't fall asleep.

As for the game I'm cautiously optimistic... this FBS winning streak (now at 6 games over 12 years) has to end some time but hoping it's not against a team as relatively bad as Arizona.... they've beaten better FBS teams over that time frame. Need the o-line and the stable of ball carriers NDSU has to lean on and wear that Wildcat defense down. Watch out for backup QB Cole Payton (#15) coming in the game from time to time to run and potentially throw... he's a beast running the ball and I'm sure the Zona defense has been coached up to stack the box (even more than they normally would against the NDSU offense) when he comes in so if they decide to call a play action pass when he comes in....

Outstanding summary PC and being able to stay awake is right

I was quickly scanning the FCS schedule for today and mistakenly thought this game was 4 PM ET...working my way to the bottom I said wait a minute... The North Dakota State game is at 11 PM and 4 PM.. 😂

And then I looked back and saw my mistake

it was North Dakota at N Arizona 4pm ET .... Two North Dakota teams in Arizona today

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 09:05 AM
New poll:

Yes. Because this would be their biggest program win in a while.
AZ 28 NDSU 27. NDSU misses one extra point and our kicker snap hooks a 30 yarder at the end of the game for the loss. #BOOKIT

dewey
September 17th, 2022, 09:08 AM

Looks like the Vegas consensus has settled in at NDSU -1.5 although it was up to NDSU -3 for a short bit last night. Will probably have more line movement as we get closer to game time tonight: https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/matchups/arizona-vs-north-dakota-state/line-movements/

I am so jealous! Have fun at the game. Fantastic post as usual.

I have been nervous for FBS games before but not this one..

It is going to be a long day waiting for this game to start.

Dewey

dewey
September 17th, 2022, 09:14 AM
Here is an article discussing 5 reasons why NDSU will beat Arizona.

https://theanalyst.com/na/2022/09/five-reasons-why-north-dakota-state-will-beat-arizona/

Here is another article on how this game came about.

Hint...
I had never heard of this method before.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/football/arizona-north-dakota-state-storylines-on-how-the-matchup-came/article_43708334-31f6-11ed-9bef-1f2e3760d439.html?

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2022, 09:33 AM

Nice work!

Hilarious a little ol FCS school is a favorite at a P5 school.....xlolx

Good point on Cole coming in and running and probably passing out of it. Kid is big at 230. Quincy would have been nice running the ball at 245 lbs for a QB.

This AZ is the weakest FBS P5 defense the Bison have faced in this run.....and it will show tonight....xnodx

Puddin Tane
September 17th, 2022, 09:59 AM
arizona by 10

Chalupa Batman
September 17th, 2022, 01:06 PM
This game has given me odd vibes for a while now. It's a reversal of most FBS/FCS matchups in that all week long it's been the FBS teams' coaches that have been telling their players "We can beat these guys!" "We have to believe" etc., and it's the FCS teams' coaches that have been telling their players "We can't take this game for granted" "We can't overlook these guys" etc. Add in the fact that Arizona lost to a pretty average FCS team just last year (and it's really easy to explain to Arizona's players that NDSU is waaaaay better than NAU), Arizona is going to be fired up for this game.

In past matchups versus FBS teams it's been pretty much all excitement for me, confident that we COULD win and hopeful that we WOULD win. Any result other than getting absolutely embarrassed was going to be okay. This game is just the opposite, a win has been considered a given for so long that I am feeling pretty nervous about this win. Anything other than a win will be a disappointment.

I think it will be a close competetive game, and in the end the Bison prevail 27-21.

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2022, 02:26 PM
This game has given me odd vibes for a while now. It's a reversal of most FBS/FCS matchups in that all week long it's been the FBS teams' coaches that have been telling their players "We can beat these guys!" "We have to believe" etc., and it's the FCS teams' coaches that have been telling their players "We can't take this game for granted" "We can't overlook these guys" etc. Add in the fact that Arizona lost to a pretty average FCS team just last year (and it's really easy to explain to Arizona's players that NDSU is waaaaay better than NAU), Arizona is going to be fired up for this game.

In past matchups versus FBS teams it's been pretty much all excitement for me, confident that we COULD win and hopeful that we WOULD win. Any result other than getting absolutely embarrassed was going to be okay. This game is just the opposite, a win has been considered a given for so long that I am feeling pretty nervous about this win. Anything other than a win will be a disappointment.

I think it will be a close competetive game, and in the end the Bison prevail 27-21.
It reminds me of the Iowa St game in 2014. Pretty sure the Bison were favored by a couple points in that one too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2022, 03:16 PM
It reminds me of the Iowa St game in 2014. Pretty sure the Bison were favored by a couple points in that one too.

And in the post game presser their coach said the "toll" the Bison offense took on their defense. Same tonight.

Christiank22
September 17th, 2022, 03:49 PM
I have a ton of anticipation for this game. First FBS foe in 6?? years. A lot of eyes on us with all the changes to conferences. Somewhat unknown squad IMO. I’m pumped. The Busch light will be flowing

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2022, 08:14 PM
The matchups/keys are going to be if the Bison can run the ball and actually win TOP.....and can the Bison front 7 on D grow up in a hurry. I genuinely don't know how good this team actually is...especially on D. If Arizona comes out hot and can turn it into a track meet, the Bison are in trouble.

The Yo Show
September 17th, 2022, 09:24 PM
We will find out soon! Almost game time!

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 09:30 PM
We will find out soon! Almost game time!
I guess Maryland and SMU are going to play a 4 hour football game, which is on FS1. 4th qtr just starting

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2022, 09:47 PM
Great night cap! I have some work to get done for a busy week ahead, this should keep me motivated into the second half. Will I make it to the end? Hopefully....

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 10:20 PM
Why the **** did Miller slide 2 yards from the first down. There was nobody there. ****.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 10:21 PM
That false start killed the drive.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
September 17th, 2022, 10:21 PM
Why the **** did Miller slide 2 yards from the first down. There was nobody there. ****.

Baffling

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2022, 10:25 PM
NDSU seemed more "chatty" than usual to start. This 'Zona drive might get them refocused.....

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 10:28 PM
NDSUs defense is not what we've come to expect from them. Losing Cox was a huge blow and no one has stepped up to replace him.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 10:29 PM
Baffling
Bison QBS DO NOT SLIDE. Bonehead play. There was really nobody there. He dives he gets the first and it is a totally different ballgame

Bisonoline
September 17th, 2022, 10:35 PM
WTF he just ran in to his own guy????

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2022, 10:38 PM
TD NDSU on the wheel route!

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 10:38 PM
Money

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 10:39 PM
Keep giving the ball to Hunter. Dont like that Kobe play. Wear them down with Hunter and TaMerick and then bring in the elusiveness

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 10:40 PM
Nice Bison Drive. 7-7.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2022, 10:49 PM
WTF is 'Zona thinking? They really gonna go for this?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2022, 10:53 PM
NDSU better make the Wildcats pay for that idiocracy....

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 10:53 PM
Wow, shocked they went for it.

uofmman1122
September 17th, 2022, 10:58 PM
Tuned in thinking this might be close, but from what I've seen there's no way NDSU loses this one.

Bison look good, as expected.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 10:59 PM
Are you kidding me? Why are we passing it? They cant stop the run.

dewey
September 17th, 2022, 10:59 PM
Run the dam ball!

Dewey

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2022, 11:00 PM
Run the ****ing ball.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 11:00 PM
I ****ing hate how Roehl cant get out of his own ****ing way sometimes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2022, 11:01 PM
Brutal turnover for NDSU. Really needed to make Zona pay for their boneheaded decision to go for it on for 4th down....

dewey
September 17th, 2022, 11:01 PM
I thought Miller felt the pressure and was going to get rid of it.

Arizona going for it on 4th down at their own 30 is beyond stupid.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 11:09 PM
This is just pathetic excuse for a Bison D.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 11:09 PM
This defense will get freight trained in the Valley.

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2022, 11:10 PM
We're not good.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 11:11 PM
Are they gonna put a spy or something on that QB or just let him run around untouched all night. That ****ing 2nd down fumble by the Bison was sad. Run the freaking hall. That D was back on their heels. ****.

Winterborn
September 17th, 2022, 11:12 PM
Are they gonna put a spy or something on that QB or just let him run around untouched all night. That ****ing 2nd down fumble by the Bison was sad. Run the freaking hall. That D was back on their heels. ****.He has no pressure on him at all.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 11:13 PM
This defense will get freight trained in the Valley.

AZ is a better offensive football team than anybody in the Valley except maybe MSU and we don’t play them.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 11:15 PM
Wtf was that. Jesus ****ing Christ run the ****ing ball

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 11:16 PM
Millet looks lost as ****.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 11:17 PM
Just to make sure I'm watching the correctly. Roehl is insistent on passing even when we can run all over them? Just fire him. Seriously, fire his ass if he can't see what's working.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 11:18 PM
AZ is a better offensive football team than anybody in the Valley except maybe MSU and we don’t play them.SDSU is going to run all over this team and if SIU is back, it could be ugly.

Winterborn
September 17th, 2022, 11:19 PM
Another false start

POD Knows
Another false start.

uofmman1122
You guys look fine, I don't know what you're freaking out about here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2022, 11:20 PM
Bison are playing sloppy. This looks like the first game of the season with the mistakes....

TheKingpin28
Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and run power A football.

TheKingpin28
You guys look fine, I don't know what you're freaking out about here.Our defense looks like an abomination and will get exposed if they dont man up.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 11:21 PM
Damn Hunter, man came play today.

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2022, 11:21 PM
OL Miller is having a tough game.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 11:22 PM
Scored too early.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 11:23 PM
Hunter will be playing on Sunday's. Just another guy overlooked and worked himself into an all around player. Easily the best player for NDSU and best FB in all of college football.

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2022, 11:24 PM
WRs are non-existent. Bison just need to grind the ball and keep Arizona's O off the field.

uofmman1122
September 17th, 2022, 11:24 PM
Hunter will be playing on Sunday's. Just another guy overlooked and worked himself into an all around player. Easily the best player for NDSU and best FB in all of college football.

Absolutely hope my Niners draft him next year.

dewey
September 17th, 2022, 11:25 PM
That was a HUGE drive for NDSU. Hunter Leupke is a STUD!

Get a spy on the QB and make some 2nd half adjustments.

Dewey

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 11:29 PM
Scored too early.
God I hate being right all the time.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2022, 11:31 PM
Arizona is clearly better than they were last year. With that said, this game is there for the taking if you're the Bison. Just need to clean things up, have some attention to detail....

BisonFan02
For ****s sake....

uofmman1122
All you guys need to do is figure out how to contain the QB scrambles, and I think you run away with this one.

They aren't gonna stop your run game at all.

POD Knows
You guys look fine, I don't know what you're freaking out about here.
Dude. We have higher expectations.

dewey
NDSU gets the ball down 17-14. Need to get a spy on thr QB. Offensively NDSU is just fine other than getting too cute.

Dewey

uofmman1122
September 17th, 2022, 11:33 PM
Dude. We have higher expectations.
It must be so awful being an NDSU fan. ;)

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 11:34 PM
I knew this QB was gonna give us problems. He is faster than anybody in our front 7 and can throw on the run. If we had a Jabril Cox or somebody like him to watch this guy but we don’t really.

uofmman1122
September 17th, 2022, 11:35 PM
I watched a lot of FCS football today, and even struggling NDSU looks like far and away the best team.

I still think the defense figures it out, and you'll pull it out by 2 scores.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 11:37 PM
It must be so awful being an NDSU fan. ;)
It is brutal. You have no idea how good you have it.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 11:40 PM
I watched a lot of FCS football today, and even struggling NDSU looks like far and away the best team.

I still think the defense figures it out, and you'll pull it out by 2 scores.
Mo State looked great until the 4th quarter and the Razorbacks would bitch slap AZ.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2022, 11:54 PM
They cant stop the a gap, so give the ball to Kobe out wide. Make it make sense.

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2022, 11:55 PM
This will be telling here...

Winterborn
September 17th, 2022, 11:58 PM
God I hate being right all the time.If anyone can bear that crown it is you. [emoji41]

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2022, 12:03 AM
Bison have "Maul Ball" working right now!

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2022, 12:04 AM
Surprise, running the ball works. Shocker, I know.

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2022, 12:06 AM
Don't even drop back for a pass the rest of the game. LOL

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 12:10 AM
Ticky tac call on that face mask. Joke.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2022, 12:13 AM
'Zona definitely has skill players that NDSU does not see at the FCS level.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 12:14 AM
Right DE losses contain again. It has been happening all year.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2022, 12:15 AM
Maybe blitz him or put a ****ing spy on him. **** off Entz, seriously.

Oh and that should have been intentional grounding, but these refs just bailed them out on this drive.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2022, 12:15 AM
NDSU needs another grinding drive....

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2022, 12:16 AM
Front 7 isn't great

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2022, 12:19 AM
Pile is still moving and the refs blow it dead.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Colorado is a dumpster fire nearing pre-Leipold Kansas or current UConn level. That should be a scalp.....

POD Knows
Pretty freaking quick whistle on that Luepke run.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 12:20 AM
Pile is still moving and the refs blow it dead.

They must be Pac12 refs. They don’t see **** like that in that pussy conference

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2022, 12:25 AM
Boom! TD Bison! Can they get a stop and push this to two possessions?!?!

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2022, 12:28 AM
They must be Pac12 refs. They don’t see **** like that in that pussy conferenceNope. Valley, that play goes until there is no movement at all.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2022, 12:29 AM
Also doesnt help that the Pac 12 is an air raid offense and not used to power football.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2022, 12:31 AM
Entz refuses to send pressure and this game will be on him regardless of the outcome.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2022, 12:31 AM
They must be Pac12 refs. They don’t see **** like that in that pussy conference

Stanford was a true power team when Harbaugh was there and when Shaw had them in the Top 10. Now, not so much...

Washington is pretty physical....

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 12:34 AM
Stanford was a true power team when Harbaugh was there and when Shaw had them in the Top 10. Now, not so much...

Washington is pretty physical....
Honestly. I don’t watch a lot of PAC 12 football. Their TV package sucks

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2022, 12:36 AM
Honestly. I don’t watch a lot of PAC 12 football. Their TV package sucks

LOL...i hear ya...generally speaking the football culture in the PAC 12 is not that of the Bison. No one has established a consistent physical presence (Utah?) lately. NDSU can definitely push teams like this around.

Oregon tried to be a physical team but it never really stuck....

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2022, 12:46 AM
Why did we give the ball to Bussey? Power football Roehl, power football only.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2022, 12:49 AM
****ing hell Roehl. What was that bull****. Give the damn ball to Luepke but no, let's get ****ing cute there.

MTfan4life
September 18th, 2022, 12:50 AM
Dominant run game, but boy if one thing is clear, they do not trust Cam Miller to improvise one bit in this game. Any drop back is a very clear set play.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 12:51 AM
****ing hell Roehl. What was that bull****. Give the damn ball to Luepke but no, let's get ****ing cute there.

Yea. Let’s quit doing what was working. ****.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 12:53 AM
This TE for AZ is outstanding

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 12:55 AM
Good. Now we got decent time left on the clock. This D of ours is just now up to it.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2022, 12:56 AM
Yea. Let’s quit doing what was working. ****.This coaching staff once again making me question my sanity.

uofmman1122
September 18th, 2022, 12:56 AM
Need a heavy dose of 44 here

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 12:58 AM
We pushed these guys around on virtually every play except the 4th down conversions.

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2022, 01:02 AM
Ballgame

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2022, 01:02 AM
So offsides not called and then Roehl with a ****ty 3rd down play?

Gil Dobie
September 18th, 2022, 01:03 AM
Fake punt?

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2022, 01:05 AM
We can't stop them.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2022, 01:09 AM
7 guys on the line and we have 4. Just fire Entz. Can his ass and ask him to find his own way home.

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 01:09 AM
Worst team we’ve had in years. If we make the playoffs that’s a surprise

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 01:11 AM
This is a bad but pretty meaningless loss. Terrible play call with the Bussey run and the 4th down play call. Officials missed an offsides on that final Bison possession but ok. And that 3rd down WR screen was a head scratcher.

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 01:12 AM
Literally 0 chance we make a run at the championship

uofmman1122
September 18th, 2022, 01:12 AM
lmao you guys will be fine.

MTfan4life
September 18th, 2022, 01:16 AM
He'd never win the award because all they care about is stats, but Hunter Luepke is hands down one of the best offensive players in the country, if not the best.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 01:18 AM
He'd never win the award because all they care about is stats, but Hunter Luepke is hands down one of the best offensive players in the country, if not the best.
I wish they would have ran a pitch play to him outside of the tackles on those 4th down plays. He is real tough to bring down in space and that play always seems like it works.

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 01:18 AM
lmao you guys will be fine.

I don’t see it. SDSU will dominate this defense. UND has a good pass game. I am not confident in that game at all. I am not hopeful… we lost to ****ing Arizona. Jesus.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 01:20 AM
Three catches by Bison WRs. We are non existent at that position.

katss07
September 18th, 2022, 01:29 AM
****, was really pulling for the Bison. Should’ve won. Oh well, not often we get to see Bisonville lose.

”this team sucks”

”Entz is not smart”

”won’t play at the dome in the playoffs”

semobison
September 18th, 2022, 01:30 AM
Three catches by Bison WRs. We are non existent at that position.

And they were screens. You can’t beat good teams consistently being one dimensional. When teams stack the box you make them pay with play action….and our D line got pushed around tonight.

Hammerhead
September 18th, 2022, 01:31 AM
You do realize that this year's Arizona team is much different (better) than last year's, right?

I don’t see it. SDSU will dominate this defense. UND has a good pass game. I am not confident in that game at all. I am not hopeful… we lost to ****ing Arizona. Jesus.

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 01:33 AM
You do realize that this year's Arizona team is much different (better) than last year's, right?

They’re still a mid level FCS team. Our defense is BAD

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2022, 01:42 AM
I thought it was a great game, I watched every minute of it. As always Bison did very well and would have won except for a couple plays here and there. I now think Arizona is a much better team than I did previously just because of them getting by the Bison tonight. That says something when your FCS team can become a measuring stick and even a launching pad for becoming a good FBS team.

Still totally impressed with the Bison.

semobison
September 18th, 2022, 01:44 AM

That’s not the same AZ that lost to UNA last year. They are top 10 FCS easily. Our D got pushed around tonight and we don’t have a stud edge rusher like Menard or Tuztka this year!

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 03:27 AM
That’s not the same AZ that lost to UNA last year. They are top 10 FCS easily. Our D got pushed around tonight and we don’t have a stud edge rusher like Menard or Tuztka this year!

No. You guys are giving us too much credit. This Zona team is bottom 15 of the FCS. We just are not that good

Chalupa Batman
September 18th, 2022, 04:37 AM
No. You guys are giving us too much credit. This Zona team is bottom 15 of the FCS. We just are not that good

Bottom 15 of FCS??? Even if you meant to say Zona is bottom 15 in FBS it’s a ridiculous statement. But if you truly did mean to say they are a bottom 15 FCS team, that might be the most preposterous thing I’ve ever read on a fan board. And that’s saying a lot considering what comes out of Bisonville.

LeadBolt
September 18th, 2022, 05:54 AM
Watched this game and Arizona has made themselves much better than last year.

Bison could have won except for a few plays/calls.

All the hand wringing by fans is way overblown. Bison may or may not win championship, but they will be in the mix to the end with a chance to win it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houndawg
September 18th, 2022, 06:44 AM

All the hand wringing by fans is way overblown. Bison may or may not win championship, but they will be in the mix to the end with a chance to win it all.

They're still the odds on favorite

caribbeanhen
September 18th, 2022, 07:06 AM
Well that was a great game to watch on TV and like everybody is saying Arizona is much improved over last year with that quarterback especially.

Hunter Leupke FCS legend

mmiller_34
September 18th, 2022, 07:49 AM
Had to sleep on this one.

Not going to lie, this one stung. I don’t understand our call to go for it instead of kicking a field goal to get us up 7 after our drive stalled. We should have beat these guys by 3 touchdowns. Arizona pulled the freaking upset.

I think Entz got too hooked on the A Gap Power after we’re were blazing them with it for a few drives. Needed more variety if we wanted to score on that last drive. So disappointing.

Our defense?? Where TF was it? 31 points to Arizona is completely avoidable.

Agree with some of those who have posted before me. I don’t think we lose another game this year. The championship game is still ours to lose. I think the Valley is down this year and no one will be able to stop our run game. This offense feels like the Brock Jensen days, but our defense needs to step up and match what it was in 2013.

An Arizona fan was getting in my face last night after I was intentionally obstructing his view with my #hornsUP the whole game. I nearly got tossed out the game, but I calmed myself then politely reminded him that I traded half my fantasy football team for Carson Wentz last night and when was the last time they could trade for a ‘Zona QB in fantasy? Got him real good on that one.

Bye Bye FBS streak.

#OnBizon

Peems
September 18th, 2022, 07:56 AM
That was a great game to watch last night. My knowledge of the FCS is severely limited to what it was back in the day, but I just can't imagine NDSU will play against another QB like de Laura this year. Really the only good game that was on yesterday. fun to be back here!

MR. CHICKEN
September 18th, 2022, 08:06 AM

.....de Laura.....WAS PAC-12 OFFENSIVE FRESHMAN OF YEAR @ WASH. STATE....X-FERRED TA 'ZONA....."HALF OF TEAMS SKOLLIES ARE NEWCOMERS.....HISTORIC RECRUITIN' CLASS....AN' SEVERAL KEY POWER 5 X-FERS"....SHOODAH....BOUGHT UH COPY UH LINDY'S........AWK!

The Kicker
September 18th, 2022, 08:42 AM
Still feel NDSU is the team to beat in FCS. Game had two key takeaways. The turnover after Arizona turning the ball over on downs on their own thirty something really hurt. NDSU could have put the game away right there had they scored. Also why not kick the FG? Think it would have been a 40yd attempt. Take the points and go up by 7. NDSU defense was not making stops you have to take the points. It was a bad loss for NDSU as I feel Arizona is a 5-6 win team but it might be that game that wakes up the beast type of game for NDSU as well.

LeadBolt
September 18th, 2022, 09:09 AM
They're still the odds on favorite

Of course they are. All the moaning and groaning is amusing. I was trying to put it in perspective for those who have lost their perspective by making an understatement.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 09:18 AM
Still feel NDSU is the team to beat in FCS. Game had two key takeaways. The turnover after Arizona turning the ball over on downs on their own thirty something really hurt. NDSU could have put the game away right there had they scored. Also why not kick the FG? Think it would have been a 40yd attempt. Take the points and go up by 7. NDSU defense was not making stops you have to take the points. It was a bad loss for NDSU as I feel Arizona is a 5-6 win team but it might be that game that wakes up the beast type of game for NDSU as well.
Because our FG kicker is 0 for 2 on the year and only seems to be able to kick snap hooks over and over again.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 09:19 AM
Had to sleep on this one.

Not going to lie, this one stung. I don’t understand our call to go for it instead of kicking a field goal to get us up 7 after our drive stalled. We should have beat these guys by 3 touchdowns. Arizona pulled the freaking upset.

I think Entz got too hooked on the A Gap Power after we’re were blazing them with it for a few drives. Needed more variety if we wanted to score on that last drive. So disappointing.

Our defense?? Where TF was it? 31 points to Arizona is completely avoidable.

Agree with some of those who have posted before me. I don’t think we lose another game this year. The championship game is still ours to lose. I think the Valley is down this year and no one will be able to stop our run game. This offense feels like the Brock Jensen days, but our defense needs to step up and match what it was in 2013.

An Arizona fan was getting in my face last night after I was intentionally obstructing his view with my #hornsUP the whole game. I nearly got tossed out the game, but I calmed myself then politely reminded him that I traded half my fantasy football team for Carson Wentz last night and when was the last time they could trade for a ‘Zona QB in fantasy? Got him real good on that one.

Bye Bye FBS streak.

#OnBizon
Damn, you are good at this. 😀

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2022, 09:31 AM

Lay off the crack pipe bud.

NDSU is still freaking good. This offense is going to push everyone around in the FCS. The defense is a work in progress with all the young guys playing. Moestart's face mask killed them especially when they had just stopped them on 3rd down. AZ's QB is pretty good and athletic, he won the game on their side last night. Bison pushed them around with the run all game long except the drive where they stopped the Bison late in the game on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2.....99% of the time the Bison get that.

Bison are going to roll USD and probably the rest of the Valley except SDSU will be close. I'm looking forward to cheering them on in Vermillion this saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, you are good at this. 

No he's not.

abc123
September 18th, 2022, 09:39 AM

Assuming this is some sort of bit but I've seen things way too similar in person to actually be sure.

ElCid
September 18th, 2022, 09:41 AM

Actually, by using an objective measure, not perfect but any means, before the game they were rated as #81 out 261 Div I teams by Massey. Not the bottom third of FCS. Not even the bottom third of FBS. But not horrendous by any measure. They were actually only a couple spots from NDSU. I'm sure you didn't think NDSU was bad. And the final score showed that these rating were at least in the ballpark.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 10:11 AM

NDSU is still freaking good. This offense is going to push everyone around in the FCS. The defense is a work in progress with all the young guys playing. Moestart's face mask killed them especially when they had just stopped them on 3rd down. AZ's QB is pretty good and athletic, he won the game on their side last night. Bison pushed them around with the run all game long except the drive where they stopped the Bison late in the game on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2.....99% of the time the Bison get that.

Bison are going to roll USD and probably the rest of the Valley except SDSU will be close. I'm looking forward to cheering them on in Vermillion this saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

No he's not.LOL, I thought his post was awesomely sarcastic and funny. Gotta tip your hat to a wiseass every once in a while.

Bisonator
September 18th, 2022, 10:13 AM
Very disappointing loss because of the mistakes they made and should have won it but gotta give AZ credit for making the plays to win the game. They seem to be much improved and if Delaura plays like he did last night, running for positive yards rather then just scrambling around they should win some more games. . Our dline and LBers need to play a lot better than they have to this point but I think they will get it together. Time to regroup and I wouldn't want to be USD next week, gonna be a mad herd of Bison coming to Vermillion!

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2022, 10:29 AM
Very disappointing loss because of the mistakes they made and should have won it but gotta give AZ credit for making the plays to win the game. They seem to be much improved and if Delaura plays like he did last night, running for positive yards rather then just scrambling around they should win some more games. . Our dline and LBers need to play a lot better than they have to this point but I think they will get it together. Time to regroup and I wouldn't want to be USD next week, gonna be a mad herd of Bison coming to Vermillion!
Pretty much my exact same thoughts... the offense did some really good things (Cam was 10-12 for 124 and a TD and they ran for 285 yards at 6.3 ypc) but Arizona's defense got the best of them in crunch time with two 4th down stops, forcing a redzone turnover, and shutting them down on NDSU's last drive. The defense is concerning... they seem to be more porous against the run than they've been in a long time and that'll be further exposed during the MVFC schedule if it isn't fixed.

That said this loss does zero to prevent them from accomplishing every goal they have as a team the rest of the season. Learn from it, move on, and be better for it. Silver lining is maybe this makes FBS team a little less tepid about scheduling NDSU. These games are really fun... the outcome wasn't what I had hoped for but the stadium environment and pregame was a blast down here yesterday.

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 10:31 AM
Bottom 15 of FCS??? Even if you meant to say Zona is bottom 15 in FBS it’s a ridiculous statement. But if you truly did mean to say they are a bottom 15 FCS team, that might be the most preposterous thing I’ve ever read on a fan board. And that’s saying a lot considering what comes out of Bisonville.

Bottom of the top 25 FCS is what I meant to say. I do not think NDSU should even be ranked tbh. We are bad

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 10:32 AM

No chance lol. We are a 5 win team, maybe

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 10:35 AM

- - - Updated - - -

No he's not.

We lose to SIU, SDSU, UND, and YSU. You guys really really are giving AZ a lot of credit. Our defense is one of the worst in the FCS.

mmiller_34
September 18th, 2022, 10:41 AM
Damn, you are good at this. 

Not sure what you mean. I’ve been die hard Bizon since Thor Brown dropped the hammer on the Gophs.

Can’t wait to buy my 10th Championship Ring replica on Amazon come next February.

#OnBizon

LeadBolt
September 18th, 2022, 10:53 AM

I'll take the NDSU for over 5 wins for $500.

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2022, 10:54 AM

Would you be willing to put some money on that?

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 10:54 AM
I'll take the NDSU for over 5 wins for $500.

I see us beating USD and Indiana State… outside that..?? Who? UND and SDSU will roll us

LeadBolt
September 18th, 2022, 10:55 AM
We lose to SIU, SDSU, UND, and YSU. You guys really really are giving AZ a lot of credit. Our defense is one of the worst in the FCS.

I'll put another $500 up that NDSU does not lose all of these games.

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 10:56 AM
I'll put another $500 up that NDSU does not lose all of these games.

I don’t got $500 to bet lol

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2022, 11:11 AM

This is laughable. What about Concordia and Moorhead State. I'm sure in your eyes the Bison would lose those games also.

What's the color of the sky in your world?

mmiller_34
September 18th, 2022, 11:15 AM
- - - Updated - - -

No he's not.

Yes, I am.

Bisonator
September 18th, 2022, 11:20 AM

Literally 0 chance we make a run at the championship

Bottom of the top 25 FCS is what I meant to say. I do not think NDSU should even be ranked tbh. We are bad

I see us beating USD and Indiana State… outside that..?? Who? UND and SDSU will roll us

I don’t got $500 to bet lol
Are you really an NDSU fan? Step away from the ledge and lay off the drugs for awhile. xrolleyesx

mmiller_34
September 18th, 2022, 11:21 AM

No other team will keep it within 30 points of us the rest of the year. Our team doesn’t just lose multiple games a year. After a surprising loss like last night our boys are going to be absolutely out of their mind from now until January. Can’t wait to tailgate with you all before the Bizon take the field in Frisco.

How TF will the bunnies beat us. Heard from the grapevine they’ve given up two TDs off blown coverage already. Their secondary is even crappier than last year apparently (Didn’t think that was possible). Cam will throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs in the FargoDome vs the Bunnies.

#OnBizon

mmiller_34
September 18th, 2022, 11:22 AM
Are you really an NDSU fan? Step away from the ledge and lay off the drugs for awhile. xrolleyesx

Exactly. He needs to take some Bizon fandom lessons from me apparently. 🤘

#OnBizon

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2022, 11:43 AM
Yes, I am.

Pfft....your "act" got boring after your 1st post.

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 11:45 AM

Fan and alumn. This is just not nearly the team of years past. It’s probably a little worse than the spring season team

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2022, 11:51 AM
Fan and alumn. This is just not nearly the team of years past. It’s probably a little worse than the spring season team

Have you watched any games this year so far and any of the games from that spring?

This team is fine. The defense is playing a lot of young guys so there will be some growing pains. Bison had their chances to put that game away. Mistakes cost them but to say this team is bad or the defense is the worst in the FCS is moronic.

How bad are the Bison going to lose at USD on Saturday? Seems like your an elite Bison football mind.

*** Watched the whole Cal Poly/USD game. USD puts that same team on the field saturday, Bison roll them by 40.

MR. CHICKEN
September 18th, 2022, 11:54 AM
Have you watched any games this year so far and any of the games from that spring?

This team is fine. The defense is playing a lot of young guys so there will be some growing pains. Bison had their chances to put that game away. Mistakes cost them but to say this team is bad or the defense is the worst in the FCS is moronic.

How bad are the Bison going to lose at USD on Saturday? Seems like your an elite Bison football mind.

....AH LOVE IT....BISSSSSSONS...ARE EATIN'....DEY'RE OWN.......:D.......COCK-UH-DOODLE DOO!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2022, 11:57 AM

....AH LOVE IT....BISSSSSSONS...ARE EATIN'....DEY'RE OWN.......:D.......COCK-UH-DOODLE DOO!

pfft....this isn't anything.....LOL....but if it makes you all fuzzy inside then go for it....xlolx

Houndawg
September 18th, 2022, 12:05 PM
Exactly. He needs to take some Bizon fandom lessons from me apparently. 落

#OnBizon

Sandbagging likea mofoxlolx

Houndawg
September 18th, 2022, 12:08 PM

- - - Updated - - -

No he's not.

I think you'll get your toughest game from MoSt

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 12:11 PM
I think you'll get your toughest game from MoStI don't think we play them until the playoffs maybe.

Houndawg
September 18th, 2022, 12:12 PM
I don't think we play them until the playoffs maybe.

A good team to miss this year

POD Knows
September 18th, 2022, 12:14 PM
A good team to miss this yearYea, and it would have been an away game, we miss UNI as well but I wish we would play them this year, they seem to suck balls

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 01:25 PM

*** Watched the whole Cal Poly/USD game. USD puts that same team on the field saturday, Bison roll them by 40.

I watched drake drive down the field against us. Sure we turned it around but it didn’t look good. I worry about not having a consistent defense and our lack of down field passing. We can only pass off play action. Which is fine but it limits you.

We’ll beat usd but it’ll be closer than 40

mmiller_34
September 18th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Pfft....your "act" got boring after your 1st post.

Look, I’m as grouchy as the next person that we just got upset after taking over a PAC 12 stadium, but there is no reason for such sour grapes.

#HornsUps

semobison
September 18th, 2022, 01:57 PM
No other team will keep it within 30 points of us the rest of the year. Our team doesn’t just lose multiple games a year. After a surprising loss like last night our boys are going to be absolutely out of their mind from now until January. Can’t wait to tailgate with you all before the Bizon take the field in Frisco.

How TF will the bunnies beat us. Heard from the grapevine they’ve given up two TDs off blown coverage already. Their secondary is even crappier than last year apparently (Didn’t think that was possible). Cam will throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs in the FargoDome vs the Bunnies.

#OnBizon

If Cam is going to throw for 400 he better have more than 12 passing attempts!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2022, 03:10 PM

He's trying to troll NDSU and Montana at the same time. xlolx

He's getting some of you to bite on it too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2022, 03:16 PM
I watched drake drive down the field against us. Sure we turned it around but it didn’t look good. I worry about not having a consistent defense and our lack of down field passing. We can only pass off play action. Which is fine but it limits you.

That's your bias?? 1st defensive series of the year, facing a team/scheme you have never seen before and they had all summer to scheme for that scripted series?? Geez......xrolleyesx

No team to start any year is going to be firing on all cylinders. The Bison rotate a ton of guys and a lot of them are younger guys. Look at the last TD given up, Benson took a bad position and poor angle and got burned.....RFR....they will get better. This game does not make the season. 8 more conference games and every one of those teams is going to have a huge task beating the Bison.

- - - Updated - - -

Look, I’m as grouchy as the next person that we just got upset after taking over a PAC 12 stadium, but there is no reason for such sour grapes.

#HornsUps

Whatever.....xrolleyesx

Bisonoline
September 18th, 2022, 03:26 PM

Drake? First game of the year? Go away.

Christiank22
September 18th, 2022, 03:59 PM
Drake? First game of the year? Go away.

We’ve played 3 games.. am I not supposed to evaluate us on the games we played? Not my fault our defense sucks.

ST_Lawson
September 18th, 2022, 05:06 PM
Not my fault our defense sucks.

I would gladly take your defense that "sucks".

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2022, 05:15 PM
We’ve played 3 games.. am I not supposed to evaluate us on the games we played? Not my fault our defense sucks.

This defense doesn't suck. You still drinking?

Laker
September 18th, 2022, 05:42 PM

There is a higher chance of my crops getting hailed out than that happening.

How much money would you like to bet? What odds do you want? As long as there is no plane crash or Covid season I'll make a deal- no money needs to be exchanged between us- loser donates the money to this site so we can keep on enjoying it.

If not you are just trolling.

ming01
September 19th, 2022, 03:54 PM
The overreactions are funny after a Bison loss. The offense looks pretty good. Think the defense will grow up n a hurry and be pretty damn good come playoff time. We will take our frustrations out on USD this weekend.

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2022, 04:29 PM

It is your fault that You suck. Now go away.

dewey
September 19th, 2022, 10:24 PM
Tough loss for NDSU Saturday into Sunday. Hard to believe that NDSU losing on the road to a PAC12 team feels like an upset. I fully expect this NDSU to respond like any other NDSU team following a loss and really start firing.

NDSU is still a semifinal team and see what happens then. South Dakota is about to get there doors blown off.

Dewey

NY Crusader 2010
September 20th, 2022, 07:34 AM
Tough loss for NDSU Saturday into Sunday. Hard to believe that NDSU losing on the road to a PAC12 team feels like an upset. I fully expect this NDSU to respond like any other NDSU team following a loss and really start firing.

NDSU is still a semifinal team and see what happens then. South Dakota is about to get there doors blown off.

Dewey

1) It was an upset. Probably one of under 10 instances in the last 25 years that an FCS/I-AA was favored against an FBS/I-A. Also quite possibly the first time ever that an FCS/I-AA was favored on road against P5/BCS opponent.

2) NDSU may not know this or have experience with this but believe it or not there is no rule stating that losing your FBS game disqualifies you from winning the FCS national championship. You may proceed with business as usual in Fargo. Eventually you guys were going to lose one of these games. I remember one year JMU got run off the field by a bad Duke team to open the season and their fans were calling for Coach Matthews' head. And although they didn't win it all, they won their next 12 games, including a win over #1 App State, eventually losing to Montana in the I-AA semis.

caribbeanhen
September 20th, 2022, 07:59 AM
Losing that game was the best thing that ever happened to the Bizon and nobody’s gonna touch them in FCS so y’all can calm down

MR. CHICKEN
September 20th, 2022, 08:57 AM
............BUT.... IT'S FUN...TA WATCH 'EM......IMPLODE.......xbabycryx.....BRAWK!

NY Crusader 2010
September 20th, 2022, 09:02 AM
Maybe the jaded Fargo faithful will fill up the Dome with more vigor this season as a result of this loss.

caribbeanhen
September 20th, 2022, 09:08 AM
Maybe the jaded Fargo faithful will fill up the Dome with more vigor this season as a result of this loss.

hilarious

Professor Chaos
September 20th, 2022, 09:56 AM
Doubtful... although attendance should be pretty good this year in the Fargodome with both SDSU and UND at home and then the YSU game being homecoming so 3 of 4 conference home games should sell out (the 4th is Illinois St which probably won't).

The only silver lining I can think of is it will hopefully make other FBS teams less scared of scheduling NDSU.

1) It was an upset. Probably one of under 10 instances in the last 25 years that an FCS/I-AA was favored against an FBS/I-A. Also quite possibly the first time ever that an FCS/I-AA was favored on road against P5/BCS opponent.
I think NDSU was favored (at least in some books) at Iowa St in 2014... the Cyclones were capital bee Bad that year coming off a 3-9 season (and would go 2-10 that year) and the Bison were coming off a 3rd straight national title and riding 20 something game winning streak.

The game also happened to be the head coaching debut for some guy named Klieman and the starting QB debut for some guy named Wentz. NDSU went down early 14-0 and then scored 34 straight to bury the Cyclones.

Bisonator
September 20th, 2022, 10:40 AM
We'll be fine. I think AZ is gonna shock a few teams this year. Gotta give them a lot of credit for stuffing the run when they needed to late in the game.

AmsterBison
September 20th, 2022, 02:03 PM
2) NDSU may not know this or have experience with this but believe it or not there is no rule stating that losing your FBS game disqualifies you from winning the FCS national championship.

Heck, NDSU won every championship between 2011 and 2019, inclusive, except one: 2016 - the year they beat #13 Iowa.

Winning road games against P5 teams is very hard. Only 14 teams have 2-game or better streak in P5 road games - this would've been #6 for NDSU (which would have trailed only Georgia.) Man.... that hurts.

Chalupa Batman
September 20th, 2022, 07:28 PM
We'll be fine. I think AZ is gonna shock a few teams this year. Gotta give them a lot of credit for stuffing the run when they needed to late in the game.

Everybody's complaining about the play calls at the end, but I think it's just Arizona deserves credit for stepping up and stopping us when it mattered and NDSU failing to stop them.

Twentysix
September 21st, 2022, 12:18 AM

It's still a secret to non-bison fans and to bison normies, but NDSU cannot kick a FG further than an extra point. There is 0 chance we can win any game that we don't run away with. I don't think NDSU will win a semi-final without finding a FG kicker. NDSU's pass rush and run defense are much worse than normal (still probably top 10 or better in the FCS), but the pass coverage and overall offense are one of the best of NDSU all time I think. It might be enough to win all the games if the stars align, without being able to kick a FG it might become an issue. NDSU's DL problems will probably be harder to see through the FCS season and early playoffs because FCS lines are just not comparable to P5 lines. IT will probably show up vs SDSU next, then in the semifinals.

I do think Arizona is a way better team than they have been in the past, and they are probably the equivalent of what we will face deep in the playoffs though. Idk if any FCS qb is comparable to the mobility of the AZ qb though, and even if they are they wont have a comparable O Line to compliment the QB.

that guy
September 22nd, 2022, 07:50 AM
A fumble and a few false starts that killed drives seemed to cost ndsu this game. Had a hard time watching this due to the fact I kept thinking Adam Corolla from the man show was the broadcaster.