PDA

View Full Version : Who's coming up?

proasu89
October 16th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Are there any Eagles flying up to Boone this weekend?

CID1990
October 16th, 2007, 09:06 PM
As Mama Clump said, "You'll walk over, but you'll LIMP back!"

phillyAPP
October 16th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Are there any Eagles flying up to Boone this weekend?

From what I heard they were only 3-500 tickets for GSU and the GSU band is coming up also. It should be an awesome atmosphere.

I HOPE ALL APP FANS ARE RESPECTFULL TO ALL THE GSU fans before, during, and after the game.

GSU fans please plan on getting to the mountain before 10am Sat. if you want to find parking. The ROCK will be packed from 9:30 am til after the game.

CopperCat
October 16th, 2007, 09:20 PM
GSU fans please plan on getting to the mountain before 10am Sat. if you want to find parking. The ROCK will be packed from 9:30 am til after the game.

Are you App's self appointed SID now or something?xrolleyesx :D

phillyAPP
October 16th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Are you App's self appointed SID now or something?xrolleyesx :D

Nope, just letting them know what to expect in Boone. Its different then 2 years ago. And I'll be in Stateboro next year and hope the GSU fans will do the same.

AppChicago
October 16th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Hot damn am I excited. I'll be there, bloody mary in hand, by 10.

phillyAPP
October 16th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Hot damn am I excited. I'll be there, bloody mary in hand, by 10.

Raley lot 9:30am---- I'll be the one in BLACK(next to the big yellow port-a-poty's).

GO APPS_____________ kick A$$

chattanoogamocs
October 16th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Raley lot 9:30am---- I'll be the one in BLACK(next to the big yellow port-a-poty's).

GO APPS_____________ kick A$$

Wont everyone be in black? ;)

(I thought it was kinda cool that the GSU fans that are coming are encouraging all their fans to wear white)

AppChicago
October 16th, 2007, 11:45 PM
White shirts might be fine for the GSU bunch. I'd recommend they at least wear brown pants.

300 of them? About 90 times as many screaming App fans?

Definitely brown pants.

appfan2008
October 17th, 2007, 05:44 AM
90 times? is that all? well you wont be able to hear them anyway!

winstoneagle
October 17th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Me and the family are coming up, staying at the Broyhill Inn. The last time I came up there (2003) we parked in a gravel lot near the stadium. It had a trail that is cut down (or up) a steep hill. By what time do I need to get a spot in this lot?

proasu89
October 17th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Me and the family are coming up, staying at the Broyhill Inn. The last time I came up there (2003) we parked in a gravel lot near the stadium. It had a trail that is cut down (or up) a steep hill. By what time do I need to get a spot in this lot?

Greenwood lot is what you're speaking of and it is just down the hill from the Broyhill. Check with the front desk because the Appalcart may run from the Broyhill and drop you off so that you don't have to move your car.

phillyAPP
October 17th, 2007, 07:49 AM

Do you live in Winston Salem?

If you want you can park on the street and tailgate with us in raley lot? Its an uphill walk with alumni and student in Raley. Greenwood, I think is mostly students. Let me know.

HiHiYikas
October 17th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Greenwood was paved when I tailgated there for Homecoming...it was nice, and, with homecoming parade stuff going on at the Raley lot, there were a lot of non-students up there.

Are there still spots available in Raley, or is it all Yosef club parking now?

AppChicago
October 17th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Raley is all Yosef Club now.

I'll be in Greenwood Lot, myself. It's funny that even as recently as the '03 season, we had no problem finding a spot in Raley. We always got a spot at the Walker end of the lot and parked my brother's truck right up against that grassy area, so we had plenty of space for the grill and the canopy. The year before that, we lived in the apartment complex immediately adjacent to Raley Lot, and our apartment was on the first floor all the way at the end. It was a built-in tailgating space!

These days that's a good deal tougher.

Eaglesrus
October 17th, 2007, 09:00 AM
This old Eagle will be there with four others. In fact, this time tomorrow I expect to be on the way to the cabin we're renting at Seven Devils. White shirt and navy blue slacks or jeans for me.

Eaglesrus
October 17th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Oh, by the way, my understanding is that we only got three hundred seats but that a number of our folks have also bought tickets to sit on the grass.

Eaglesrus
October 17th, 2007, 09:08 AM
White shirts might be fine for the GSU bunch. I'd recommend they at least wear brown pants.

300 of them? About 90 times as many screaming App fans?

Definitely brown pants.

We've been to UGA when there were several thousand of us but 80,000 of them, I think we can handle it.

Richmond Mountaineer
October 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Unfortunately I can't make it to the Rock this weekend but will be at Furman the following weekend. Hopefully we'll see some of you guys down there. It's been a while since I've been down there but I heard that alcohol is not allowed at tailgates there. Can anyone verify that if you've been there a couple years ago.

winstoneagle
October 17th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Do you live in Winston Salem?

If you want you can park on the street and tailgate with us in raley lot? Its an uphill walk with alumni and student in Raley. Greenwood, I think is mostly students. Let me know.

Winston, Georgia; just West of Atlanta.

I will be there with the wife and kids. We haven't had good experiences at KBS the past two times we were up there (crazy fans, both ASU and GSU), so we will probably lay low so not to upset the wife. If she gets upset, she spends more at the Outlets in Blowing Rock.

Thanks for the invite though.

appstate38
October 17th, 2007, 01:00 PM
My Dad is going, unfortunately for me my son is still playing Pop Warner ball so I will have to watch on MASN. Still better than nothing.

appfan2008
October 17th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Raley is NOT all Yosef... half is, half is done through a lottery for students only!...

Greenwood lot is up on the hill behind the stadium and will undoubtedly fill up by about 10am!

good luck to finding your way around to all our visitors and GOAPP!

AppChicago
October 17th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Raley is NOT all Yosef... half is, half is done through a lottery for students only!...

Greenwood lot is up on the hill behind the stadium and will undoubtedly fill up by about 10am!

good luck to finding your way around to all our visitors and GOAPP!

Fair. I assumed that HiHiYikas wasn't a student.

Either way, I'll be there with bells on.

Not literally.

GreatAppSt
October 17th, 2007, 04:21 PM
GreatApp and Lulu start driving from Texas tomorrow. Make room!xnodx

phillyAPP
October 17th, 2007, 05:11 PM
GreatApp and Lulu start driving from Texas tomorrow. Make room!xnodx

I think you will get credit for longest drive.

And Chicago APP may get longest flight.

We are bringing in the BIG guns for this game. We have to guard the streak on BLACK SATURDAY.

DON'T FORGET YOUR BLACK ----------GO APPS

Fly your APP flag from Texas to the Rock-------I am Pumped

AppGirl
October 17th, 2007, 05:18 PM
We'll be in the lower Justice lot. Y'all come on by for a beer! xbeerchugx

proasu89
October 17th, 2007, 06:32 PM
We'll be in the lower Justice lot. Y'all come on by for a beer! xbeerchugx

xconfusedx Didn't know there was more than one Justice lot?

appsfan
October 17th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I'll be hitting the Duncan Lot (near to the tunnel) around 10am as I'll be coming down from a friends house on Beech Mountain. You are welcome to stop by (including GSU fans) if you would like. xbeerchugx It would be good to put names and faces together. Like someone said earlier, you can find me because I will be in Black xlolx xlolx. Anyway, here's to a good game!

GreatAppSt
October 17th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I'll be in Raley by 9.xnodx Lots of drinking to be done for my only home game this year.xnodx xnodx xnodx

GaSouthern
October 17th, 2007, 10:05 PM
We've been to UGA when there were several thousand of us but 80,000 of them, I think we can handle it.

And when it was tied the GSU fans were FAR louder than the 80K red leg humpers.

KiddBrewer
October 17th, 2007, 10:17 PM
ill be stumbling around all the lots by...11 or so

james_lawfirm
October 18th, 2007, 05:26 AM
xconfusedx Didn't know there was more than one Justice lot?

Yep. Upper level - lower level. Directions: Find Justice dorm. Upper lot is in front of dorm. To get to lower lever, go through upper lever, down driveway, & you are there.

The Moody1
October 18th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Unfortunately I can't make it to the Rock this weekend but will be at Furman the following weekend. Hopefully we'll see some of you guys down there. It's been a while since I've been down there but I heard that alcohol is not allowed at tailgates there. Can anyone verify that if you've been there a couple years ago.

I live here in Greenville and always go to the Furman game. I have never had any problems drinking at Furman. We all park in the visitors side lot and there are always plenty of Apps. Look for a gold tent and stop by.

Richmond Mountaineer
October 18th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Moody thanks for the information. We're heading down Friday morning. Now the gold tent. You don't expect other gold tents?