PDA

View Full Version : 2022 NEC Season Thread

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 15th, 2022, 07:04 PM
Well, we could use it.

crusader11
September 16th, 2022, 02:59 PM
Bump.

NEC, at the top, has some teams who can play.

St. Francis showed me something hanging at Akron and Richmond.

Merrimack competed well against Holy Cross. Curious to see how they match up with Harvard tonight.

Sacred Heart is a formidable team that plays old school football with a stout defense and run-first mentality. I was impressed with them last season.

aceinthehole
September 17th, 2022, 09:34 AM
In genral, almost everyone in the NEC seems improved from last year. Problem is no big wins yet and the league is unlike to make a FCS statement in the regular season.

I would say the NEC remains on par with the PL and Ivy League with few exceptions. Holy Cross has really established themselves nicely over these past few years and this season continues. SHU wasn't that far off from HC last season, but I think they have taken a slight step back.

Central has a very good defense, but the offense is stuck in the mud. Combined with a very tough schedule, I expect something along the lines of a 5-6 season. Merrimack looks to be a solid program in the region; SHU continues to be a tough team to face. Even Wagner and LIU are trending in the right direction, but have some tough games out of conference.

It is early, but I expect the NEC AQ to come from Western PA - either Saint Francis or Duquesne.

aceinthehole
September 17th, 2022, 11:45 PM
The NEC is garbage this year; SFU will win the AQ.

This year the PL can hang their hats on HC and Fordham and that puts them ahead of the NEC for sure.

aceinthehole
September 18th, 2022, 09:18 AM
The only positives coming out of the NEC are from Western Pennslyvinia and the Red Flash are my current pick for the NEC AQ.

Saint Francis is just 1-2 (1-0 NEC) but has played very well in 2 close losses (including an OT loss to an 85-scholly FBS program) and has played all 3 games on the road.

SFU 23, Akron 30 (2OT)
SFU 21, Richmond 31
SFU 27, Wagner 7

9/24 at Norfolk State

Duquesne hasn't done themselves any favors with their odd schedule. Dukes are 1-3 in non-conference, without a D-I win and 2 FBS losses. They now have just 7 NEC games remaining.

DUQ 7, Florida State 41
DUQ 14, Youngston St 31
St. Thomas More 14, DUQ 34
DUQ 14, Hawaii 24

10/1 at Stonehill

----

The NEC doesn't have a D-I non-conference win after 3 weeks. The NEC has 4 D-II wins and 7 FBS losses :(