PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-17

JALMOND
September 14th, 2022, 08:38 PM
All games are being played on Saturday and 4 games against the strong Missouri Valley conference. Portland State and Eastern Washington are sitting this weekend out which leaves 10 games on the docket. After last week, I am at 20-3 for the year and hoping for perfection. Here are the picks for this weekend in the Big Sky.

UM at Indiana State (Missouri Valley)---The Grizzlies have been rolling at home with a potent offense and some stingy defense. This is their first venture on the road for the season and it is in the heart of Missouri Valley country. Any difference?...UM 31, Indiana State 17.

CP at South Dakota (Missouri Valley)---Fresh off their home win last week, the Mustangs hope to parlay that momentum into another win as they join the Big Sky contingent heading east into Missouri Valley country. Will their success last week carry over to this week?...South Dakota 31, CP 20.

Drake (Pioneer) at UI---Playing two money games against Power 5 teams, the Vandals more than held their own, even if they did not get a win in either game. They look set to make some noise in conference but they have a pesky non-scholly team first...UI 38, Drake 7.

Central Arkansas (ASUN) at ISU---Their two games to start the year against the Mountain West showed that the Bengals are not quite ready for the FBS level. They have their home opener and a return to the FCS this week, but against a quality foe...ISU 31, Central Arkansas 28.

North Dakota (Missouri Valley) at NAU---The home opener for the Lumberjacks and the only Big Sky/Missouri Valley game played on the Big Sky home turf. They got a good road win against a quality opponent last week and this game will be equally as tough...NAU 28, North Dakota 23.

SAC at Northern Iowa (Missouri Valley)---The Hornets had two weeks to prepare for this game and join the Big Sky migration eastward into a tough place to play and a tough place to win. Can they get a win and stay near the top of the conference?...SAC 28, Northern Iowa 24.

UNC at Lamar (Southland)---After an odd home loss to the Southland's doormat, the Bears played an FBS team tough and competitive for three quarters at least. This week, they venture into the Southland for a game against a much better team than in the first week...Lamar 23, UNC 20.

MSU vs Oregon State (FBS Pac-12) in Portland---The Bobcats have come out like gangbusters, holding down their home field and looking tough doing it. This week, theymove up a level to the FBS and play the Pac-12, a conference that hasn't been kind to the Big Sky...Oregon State 28, MSU 26.

Utah Tech (WAC) at WSU---The Wildcats dispatched one of their FBS brethren last week in strong style. They certainly do not want to see one of their FCS brethren come into their house and do to them what they did last week. They would rather keep the mojo going...WSU 41, Utah Tech 10.

San Diego (Pioneer) at UCD---A close game last week to a nationwide FCS heavyweight has the Aggies thinking they could do good things this year. They would not want their non-scholly cohorts from the south come in and rob them of that, right?...UCD 38, San Diego 7.

bonarae
September 14th, 2022, 08:39 PM
Griz
CP - toss-up
Vandals
UCA
UND
Sac
Lamar
Montana State - scalp is on
Weber
UCDavis

mvemjsunpx
September 15th, 2022, 06:04 AM
Cal Poly 17-31 SoDak — How many Carson Camp overthrows would it take for the Coyotes to lose this one?

San Diego 13-35 Davis — I'm not convinced Davis should be ranked, but they're still better than Cal Poly

Sac State 35-31 Yunie — Are the Panthers better than they've looked thus far?

Drake 14-41 Idaho — Drake has scored exactly 14 points in each of their last 4 games xrotatehx

UCA 31-21 Idaho St. — The Bengals have lost 11-straight non-conference games since upsetting Nevada 5 years ago

Utah Tech 10-41 Weber — Weber's defense has only allowed 3 points thus far

NoDak 29-31 NAU — I think NoDak may be the better team, but I'll take the Walkup Skydome

Montana 26-6 Indiana St. — Expect a lot of field goal attempts in this one…

Montana St. 17-42 Oregon St. — As shocking as it sounds, these two teams have never met xchinscratchx

NoCo 24-31 Lamar — Can the Bears get road revenge on Lamar after HBU got road revenge on NoCo?

The Cats
September 15th, 2022, 09:06 AM
Cal Poly - SoDak
San Diego - Davis
Sac State - N Iowa
Drake - Idaho
UCA - Idaho St.
Utah Tech - Weber
NoDak - NAU
Montana - Indiana St.
Montana St. - Oregon St.
NoCo - Lamar

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
September 15th, 2022, 09:08 AM
I think the Big Sky Conference is gonna have a pretty good weekend against MVFC teams.

wapiti
September 15th, 2022, 09:09 AM
UM 32 @ 13 Indiana State --- UM travels to lower tier MVFC conference opponent. I see another cakewalk for UM.

CP 16 @ 27 South Dakota --- CP takes on a MVFC opponent who just lost @ UM. USD (South Dakota) is better than USD (San Diego) and it's on the road for CP.

Drake 13 @ 35 Idaho--- UI is eager for an easier opponent and a victory.

Central Arkansas 17 @ 16 ISU --- This is a hard one to pick. CA played ok against Missouri St, but was blown out by FBS Ole Miss. and ISU has been spanked twice by FBS teams.

North Dakota 17 @ NAU 21--- NAU appears to righted the ship against SHU while UND squeaked out a win over a tough UNI team. I'll go with home field advantage.

Sac State 24 @ 30 Northern Iowa--- UNI is tough at their place, so Sac should have their hands full in this one. UNI will be eager for their first win.

NC 20 @ 24 Lamar --- $10 tickets for this game. NC played with Wyoming for a half and Lamar was just blown out by SMU.

MSU 13 @ 38 Oregon State --- MSU taking on a P5 FBS team that is playing better than their normal selves.

Utah Tech 16 @ 35 Weber State --- Weber state is on fire. BBQ'n a trailblazer

San Diego 16 @ 38 UC Davis --- UC Davis should not have too much trouble with USD.

MSUBobcat
September 16th, 2022, 10:28 AM
UM 30 @ ISU-b 10 - Griz D continues to roll, but can they get a standout performance in the ground game going from not-Lucas Johnson? QB shouldn't lead the team in rushing every game. That's been OUR schtick xlolx
CP 19 @ South Dakota 34 - Cal Poly barely beat a different USD at home. This USD is better and it's on the road.
Drake 16 @ Idaho 41 - This seems to not be the Vandals of years past. If true, this should be a cakewalk.
UCA 26 @ ISU-o 20 - UCA has had a rough go of it this year. Best cure for that.... a trip to Pocatello.
UND 29 @ NAU 26 - Last year the 'Jacks followed up a surprise W with laying an egg. I don't think they go full-chicken this weekend, but UND beat a solid program last week so thinking they catch NAU in a bit of a letdown.
Sac State 27 @ UNI 25 - In my BSC GOTW (UND-NAU is a close 2nd), I think Sac edges them by just enough. Back to back tough 2pt losses.
NoCo 23 @ Lamar 17 - Always hard to pick a winner in a pillow fight. UNC surprised me last week @WYO so I'm looking for them to continue making progress.
MSU 20 @ OSU 37 - Alas, stepping up to a ORV P5 is too much for the Bobcats with a much depleted RB corps. I think the Beav cover the spread (-14.5 on MT Sports Bet).
UTU 13 @ BBQ 37 - The Grills will give up their first defensive touchdown, but it will be against the 2's and 3's. A tune-up game before entering conference play against contender UC-Davis.
USD 20 @ UC-Davis 31 - The Toreros almost pulled an upset over a Big Sky team last week, but the Aggies are not Cal Poly and will be a bit more rude to their in-state brethren.

SeattleCat
September 16th, 2022, 01:19 PM
I've missed these!
UM @ Indiana St - As much as it pains me to say it, the griz look pretty darn good this year. 28-7 State gets a garbage time TD to avoid the shutout.... Robbie has 50 tackles.
Cal Poly @ South Dakota - things might be coming together for Baldwin, as they figure how to play football and come back to beat another team with the initals SD. 25-17 Cal Poly
Drake @ Idaho - Idaho looked very good in its FBS games, I think they are the BSC darkhorse this season. 44-10 Idahoe
Central Ark. @ Idaho St. - whelp, its the bungles again. 33-21 CA
Norte Dakoda @ NAU - Flagstaff is a 6000 foot climb for the flatlanders, Fatigue sets in after the half. 28-20 NAU
Sac @ UNI - Sac's been trending up, but i think they hit a defense wall this week. 14-10 UNI
McCaffery U @ Lamar - The Bad News Bears continue to be BAD. 20-17 Lamar
MSU @ Oregon St - Unfortunately I think we are a shell of last years team, we're not bad, but we were elite last year. 40-17 OSU
football team formally know as Dixie @ Weebs - The Cats D is the real deal this year. 35-7 WEEBS
Whale's Vagina@UC Davis - San De-a-go looks like a stiff pioneer team this year, Davis dispatches though 30-20 UCD.

JALMOND
September 18th, 2022, 05:15 AM
All games are being played on Saturday and 4 games against the strong Missouri Valley conference. Portland State and Eastern Washington are sitting this weekend out which leaves 10 games on the docket. After last week, I am at 20-3 for the year and hoping for perfection. Here are the picks for this weekend in the Big Sky.

UM at Indiana State (Missouri Valley)---The Grizzlies have been rolling at home with a potent offense and some stingy defense. This is their first venture on the road for the season and it is in the heart of Missouri Valley country. Any difference?...UM 31, Indiana State 17.

CP at South Dakota (Missouri Valley)---Fresh off their home win last week, the Mustangs hope to parlay that momentum into another win as they join the Big Sky contingent heading east into Missouri Valley country. Will their success last week carry over to this week?...South Dakota 31, CP 20.

Drake (Pioneer) at UI---Playing two money games against Power 5 teams, the Vandals more than held their own, even if they did not get a win in either game. They look set to make some noise in conference but they have a pesky non-scholly team first...UI 38, Drake 7.

Central Arkansas (ASUN) at ISU---Their two games to start the year against the Mountain West showed that the Bengals are not quite ready for the FBS level. They have their home opener and a return to the FCS this week, but against a quality foe...ISU 31, Central Arkansas 28.

North Dakota (Missouri Valley) at NAU---The home opener for the Lumberjacks and the only Big Sky/Missouri Valley game played on the Big Sky home turf. They got a good road win against a quality opponent last week and this game will be equally as tough...NAU 28, North Dakota 23.

SAC at Northern Iowa (Missouri Valley)---The Hornets had two weeks to prepare for this game and join the Big Sky migration eastward into a tough place to play and a tough place to win. Can they get a win and stay near the top of the conference?...SAC 28, Northern Iowa 24.

UNC at Lamar (Southland)---After an odd home loss to the Southland's doormat, the Bears played an FBS team tough and competitive for three quarters at least. This week, they venture into the Southland for a game against a much better team than in the first week...Lamar 23, UNC 20.

MSU vs Oregon State (FBS Pac-12) in Portland---The Bobcats have come out like gangbusters, holding down their home field and looking tough doing it. This week, theymove up a level to the FBS and play the Pac-12, a conference that hasn't been kind to the Big Sky...Oregon State 28, MSU 26.

Utah Tech (WAC) at WSU---The Wildcats dispatched one of their FBS brethren last week in strong style. They certainly do not want to see one of their FCS brethren come into their house and do to them what they did last week. They would rather keep the mojo going...WSU 41, Utah Tech 10.

San Diego (Pioneer) at UCD---A close game last week to a nationwide FCS heavyweight has the Aggies thinking they could do good things this year. They would not want their non-scholly cohorts from the south come in and rob them of that, right?...UCD 38, San Diego 7.

7-3 this week, puts me at 27-6 overall. Conference play begins for most teams next week.

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
September 18th, 2022, 10:47 AM
2 missed field goals, a pick six, and letting und to March down the field in the last two minutes spelled disaster for NAU. There’s no way around it. The Lumberjacks blew that game. Looks like another season of mediocrity.

uofmman1122
September 18th, 2022, 02:19 PM
2 missed field goals, a pick six, and letting und to March down the field in the last two minutes spelled disaster for NAU. There’s no way around it. The Lumberjacks blew that game. Looks like another season of mediocrity.
I thought for sure you guys had that one, but that last UND drive sure was a stinker.

wapiti
September 19th, 2022, 09:37 AM

How do you spell NAU??

D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R

Correct.

It's not the end of the season for NAU yet. They still have a shot at post season play.
I see 5 of the remaining games as NAU as the favorite, Idaho may be by a whisker. and since you have MSU in Flagstaff that is a possibility too. That would put you at 7 wins and consideration for the postseason.

wapiti
September 19th, 2022, 09:39 AM
UM 32 @ 13 Indiana State --- UM travels to lower tier MVFC conference opponent. I see another cakewalk for UM.

CP 16 @ 27 South Dakota --- CP takes on a MVFC opponent who just lost @ UM. USD (South Dakota) is better than USD (San Diego) and it's on the road for CP.

Drake 13 @ 35 Idaho--- UI is eager for an easier opponent and a victory.

Central Arkansas 17 @ 16 ISU --- This is a hard one to pick. CA played ok against Missouri St, but was blown out by FBS Ole Miss. and ISU has been spanked twice by FBS teams.

North Dakota 17 @ NAU 21--- NAU appears to righted the ship against SHU while UND squeaked out a win over a tough UNI team. I'll go with home field advantage.

Sac State 24 @ 30 Northern Iowa--- UNI is tough at their place, so Sac should have their hands full in this one. UNI will be eager for their first win.

NC 20 @ 24 Lamar --- $10 tickets for this game. NC played with Wyoming for a half and Lamar was just blown out by SMU.

MSU 13 @ 38 Oregon State --- MSU taking on a P5 FBS team that is playing better than their normal selves.

Utah Tech 16 @ 35 Weber State --- Weber state is on fire. BBQ'n a trailblazer

San Diego 16 @ 38 UC Davis --- UC Davis should not have too much trouble with USD.

I finsihed this week at 7 -3 Missing on NAU, UNCU, and Sac State