PDA

View Full Version : SCSU @ Hampton on ESPNU Saturday & Hampton's Coach Taylor Shooting for 9-2 Playoffs

R.A.
October 16th, 2007, 12:56 PM
HAMPTON ON TV
The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference announced Monday that Saturday's South Carolina State at Hampton University football game will be televised via tape delay on ESPNU.

Kickoff for the game is set for 2 p.m. The ESPNU telecast will begin at 8 p.m.

And...

"We're not conceding anything," Hampton coach Joe Taylor said. "We feel if we go 9-2, with wins over Princeton (48-27 on Oct. 6) and Southern Illinois (the Pirates' opponent Nov. 17), we still can get playoff consideration.

For the full story, click the link below.
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt_nsuranking_1016oct16,0,6075453.story

89Hen
October 16th, 2007, 01:16 PM
"We're not conceding anything," Hampton coach Joe Taylor said. "We feel if we go 9-2, with wins over Princeton (48-27 on Oct. 6) and Southern Illinois (the Pirates' opponent Nov. 17), we still can get playoff consideration.
I can agree with that... but if NSU doesn't lose to anyone besides DSU... it will be tough for HU to make it as the #3 MEAC team. The SIU game is obviously the biggest hurdle... I'm not sure HU will win that one.

R.A.
October 16th, 2007, 01:18 PM
It's a tough one, no doubt about that. The game is at Hampton, so the Pirates will have home field advantage... if the Pirate fans show up that late in the season, lol.

HIU 93
October 16th, 2007, 01:49 PM
It's a tough one, no doubt about that. The game is at Hampton, so the Pirates will have home field advantage... if the Pirate fans show up that late in the season, lol.

Our fans do about the same thing as Howard fans. Go to Homecoming, the Battle of the HUs, and our respective rivalry games (Morgan for y'all, NSU for us). Even then, most people are walking around looking fabulous, or at least trying to.xlolx

R.A.
October 16th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I share your pain HIU 93.

But if The Force can come through on the momentum tip like they did up at Princeton, SIU could be in for a long day.

Houndawg
October 16th, 2007, 02:41 PM

But if The Force can come through on the momentum tip like they did up at Princeton, SIU could be in for a long day.

We just had a long day.

HIU 93
October 16th, 2007, 02:45 PM

Maybe. SIU is awesome. To take a cue from my NSU friends, "...we just want to compete...".

R.A.
October 18th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Homecoming in Hampton for SCSU's James
By THOMAS GRANT JR., T&D Senior Sports Writer

With zero victories in five previous visits to Armstrong Stadium since 1997, South Carolina State has found Hampton University's home field rather inhospitable over the years.

For Bulldog sophomore right defensive end Markus James, Saturday's game against Hampton University is just as much of a "Homecoming" for him as the host team. Growing up less than 10 minutes from the campus and a former two-sport letterman at Bethel High School, James will have sizable fan support amid a sea of hostile Pirate fans in the stands...

To read more, click the link below
http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2007/10/18/sports/scsu/12789400.txt

Probably the biggest obstacle at this point in the season towards Coach Taylor's objective of Hampton going 9-2 and getting an at-large bid into the 2007 FCS playoffs is this South Carolina State Bulldogs ball club.

SCSU looked great versus FAMU, and this SCSU versus Hampton game promises to go down to the wire.

I know the FCS Playoff Selection Committee will be watching this on ESPNU very closely. It's Hampton's homecoming game... if Hampton can't protect their home field during homecoming, then Coach Taylor can forget about the 2007 playoffs.

The Hampton Pirates finally have their backs against the wall. How will they respond?

*Oh yeah...SCSU beat Hampton in Orangeburg, SC last season 13-6...