PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 3, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
September 12th, 2022, 08:33 PM
Don’t have much time this week to devote to AGS, so just wanted to get this out there so that people can comment and/or vote:

#8 Sac State (Big Sky) @ Northern Iowa (MVFC) - Just a lowly 6-6 MVFC playoff team that last year took it to the #4 seeded Hornets at their place, but I digress...rematch.

#9 Delaware (CAA) @ #17 Rhode Island (CAA) - CAA championship...in September?

Yale (Ivy) @ #12 Holy Cross (Patriot) - The Ivy starts, and get the best the Patriot has to offer off the bat.

Grambling (SWAC) @ #16 Jackson State (SWAC) - Can Jackson State make a statement asserting their dominance and procure more top 25 votes?

The Citadel (SoCon) @ #18 Mercer (SoCon) - The Bears are looking like the team to beat in the SoCon, but the Bulldogs just beat a previous “looking like the team to beat in the SoCon”, so…

#32 Furman (SoCon) @ #20 East Tennessee State (SoCon) - Can the Paladins do something to crack the top 25?

#23 North Dakota (MVFC) @ #34 Northern Arizona (Big Sky) - The Lumberjacks just felled the FBS-bound Bearkats...can they do the same against the top half of the MVFC?

Nicholls (Southland) @ #32 Southeast Missouri State (OVC) - The Redhawks could be on the rise, while the Colonels get their first FCS competition of the season.

Albany (CAA) @ Fordham (Patriot) - The Rams have looked formidable...can they take it to the CAA?

ElCid
September 12th, 2022, 08:44 PM
Thanks for doing it.

Furman ETSU could be key game in determining the SOCON race. Must win for ETSU. Furman needs to demonstrate they belong in race. Going to be a good one.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 12th, 2022, 09:03 PM
Yale at Holy Cross

Two conferences who have lived in the shadows over the years with the opportunity to showcase two very good/excellent teams.

Chalupa Batman
September 13th, 2022, 12:22 AM
No mentioning the #8 ranking for Sac State?

Also, Northern Arizona is ranked #34, not Northern Iowa.

MSUBobcat
September 13th, 2022, 09:45 AM
I went with The Citadel @ #18 Mercer. Because a fuBEAR told me they are the bestest team for beating Morehead State by 50 and Citadel just knocked off last year's conference champ/sole playoff participant/one of the preseason frontrunners for conference champs. So I'm looking for Mercer to murder them by a baker's dozen of baker's dozens.

FUBeAR
September 13th, 2022, 10:20 AM
I went with The Citadel @ #18 Mercer. Because a fuBEAR told me they are the bestest team for beating Morehead State by 50 and Citadel just knocked off last year's conference champ/sole playoff participant/one of the preseason frontrunners for conference champs. So I'm looking for Mercer to murder them by a baker's dozen of baker's dozens.FUBeAR said nothing of the sort. This is false information intended to evoke an argumentative response. What’s doing that called again?

If that’s the spread you are looking for in this game, FUBeAR would be happy to engage in a wager of an unlimited amount. FUBeAR will be taking the bellhops +169.

FUBeAR voted for Furman @ ETSU. Many reasons for this game being of high interest value…
* ETSU winning @ Furman last year with come from behind final seconds drive and going on to SoCon Championship
* 1st Year ETSU HC is FU Alum and was FU’s OC last year
* ETSU OL Coach was FU OL Coach last year & FU OL Coach was ETSU OL Coach last year
* Both coming off road losses with very different ‘flavors’ - FU with ‘strong’ loss @ Clemson & ETSU with, what seems to be, a bad loss at The Citadel
* Defending SoCon Champ at risk of possibly falling out of contention so early
* Night game at great venue - fans should be rocking

Delaware @ Rhode Island would be FUBAR’s 2nd choice with Yale @ Holy Cross in 3rd place.

…..let me know on that wager

dbackjon
September 13th, 2022, 10:44 AM
Dbackjon picks North Dakota at NAU. Should be a good test to see if last week was a fluke or not

ElCid
September 13th, 2022, 10:51 AM
Dbackjon picks North Dakota at NAU. Should be a good test to see if last week was a fluke or not

Would go with ND in ND. But NAU seems to have a strong 12th man with a jersey number of 6910. Might go with them. Should be a good game, but a few others games of more importance for conf races. Seems a bit early for saying that, so maybe apparent importance for conf races

MSUBobcat
September 13th, 2022, 12:18 PM
FUBeAR said nothing of the sort. This is false information intended to evoke an argumentative response. What’s doing that called again?

If that’s the spread you are looking for in this game, FUBeAR would be happy to engage in a wager of an unlimited amount. FUBeAR will be taking the bellhops +169.

FUBeAR voted for Furman @ ETSU. Many reasons for this game being of high interest value…
* ETSU winning @ Furman last year with come from behind final seconds drive and going on to SoCon Championship
* 1st Year ETSU HC is FU Alum and was FU’s OC last year
* ETSU OL Coach was FU OL Coach last year & FU OL Coach was ETSU OL Coach last year
* Both coming off road losses with very different ‘flavors’ - FU with ‘strong’ loss @ Clemson & ETSU with, what seems to be, a bad loss at The Citadel
* Defending SoCon Champ at risk of possibly falling out of contention so early
* Night game at great venue - fans should be rocking

Delaware @ Rhode Island would be FUBAR’s 2nd choice with Yale @ Holy Cross in 3rd place.

…..let me know on that wager

Fully admit that is trolling. The difference between us is... I admit it. :D

Catatonic
September 13th, 2022, 12:21 PM
I had the same thought, really for both teams? Was UND’s win over UNI a fluke? Was NAU’s w over Sam a fluke? Which team is legit?

FUBeAR
September 13th, 2022, 01:54 PM
Fully admit that is trolling. The difference between us is... I admit it. :D
If you also define trolling as suggesting readers contemplate thought, ideas, opinions, and concepts that may make them uncomfortable with regard to their current views, then FUBeAR is the Captain of the Minnow with all lines in the water!

Otherwise…not so much.

MSUBobcat
September 13th, 2022, 02:13 PM
If you also define trolling as suggesting readers contemplate thought, ideas, opinions, and concepts that may make them uncomfortable with regard to their current views, then FUBeAR is the Captain of the Minnow with all lines in the water!

Otherwise…not so much.

Lulz. Happy fishing, Gilligan.

FUBeAR
September 13th, 2022, 03:42 PM
Lulz. Happy fishing, Gilligan.
*Skipper

MSUBobcat
September 13th, 2022, 04:11 PM
*Skipper

Not from my perspective....

FUBeAR
September 13th, 2022, 04:28 PM
Not from my perspective....
OK Lovie

Preferred Walk-On
September 13th, 2022, 07:38 PM

Yes, f'd up both of those. It has been that kind of week. Thanks for correcting me on that. While I cannot fix it in the poll, I will fix it in the post.

Preferred Walk-On
September 13th, 2022, 07:40 PM

If I could negative rep myself, I would. ;)

Tribal
September 13th, 2022, 08:07 PM
UDel v Rhody for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk