PDA

View Full Version : NEC Week 8 Predictions

BobbyMo
October 16th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Here we go guys, should be an exciting week.

Albany @ St. Francis: St. Francis played tight with Duquesne which was a big surprise to me. Albany is probably one of two best, if not the best team in NEC. Danes should roll.

CCSU @ Wagner: Wagner SMOKED Monmouth last week which was an absolute shock to me. CCSU and RMU had a tight game last week, if not for the inept play of RMU’s QB who knows how the could have ended. I will take Wagner at home.

Robert Morris @ Duquesne: As I mentioned last week, RMU may not win another game. The QB situation just has me baffled. Until RMU shows some life on offense I can’t pick them. Dukes in the FCS battle of Pittsburgh.

Marist @ Sacred Heart: I do not know much about Marist, other than they are in the MAAC. Taking the NEC with the Pioneers.

Looks like Monmouth is on a bye week

danefan
October 16th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Albany....St. Francis is bad, but that is a long bus trip so this game may be tight in the frist half
CCSU....toughest team Wagner has faced so far and I'm just not sold yet.
RMU.....St. Francis is bad and Duquense struggled.
Sacred Heart

Calif_Colonial
October 16th, 2007, 11:22 AM
UAlbany @ St. Francis Danes will score big in the 2nd and 3rd periods; rest the starters in the fourth.

CCSU @ Wagner Turnovers probably will make the difference in this one. I will go with the home team, but it could go either way.

RMU @ Duquesne I hate to pick the Dukes. But I was at the VMI and Wagner games and saw first hand what our problems are this year.

Marist @ Sacred Heart The Pioneers have a young team. Freshman quarterback, I will go with the Foxes.

Seahawks Fan
October 16th, 2007, 11:49 AM
UAlbany @ St. Francis Blowout

CCSU @ Wagner This game will tell how good Wagner is this year.

RMU @ Duquesne Down year for the Colonials.

Marist @ Sacred Heart Should be a close game.

aceinthehole
October 16th, 2007, 12:26 PM
UAlbany @ St. Francis - Not even close.

CCSU @ Wagner - I was the only one to pick the upset last week, but sorry CCSU is too much for Wagner. It will be a close defensive battle, but the Blue Devils win.

CCSU is 4th in the I-AA in rushing yards (295 yds/g)
Wagner is 9th in I-AA in rushing defense (90 yds/g)

Central also ranks in the top-25 in I-AA in rsuhing and pass defense and is 9th in total defense (Wagner is 12th).

CCSU has played a much tougher schedule inlcuding a game vs a I-A opponent and a good, but not great Towson. Wagner has a loss to Iona.

RMU @ Duquesne - Its too bad, but I think RMU is still a year away.

Marist @ Sacred Heart - The Red Foxes are a having a very, very bad year and I expect SHU to get off the current skid at home this week.

Ruler 79
October 16th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Albany
CCSU...We will see if Wagner is for real.
RMU...Not impressed by Duquesne
SHU...Marist is awful.

WWII
October 16th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Albany@St. Francis
CCSU@Wagner
RMU@Duquesne
Marist@Sacred Heart

andy7171
October 17th, 2007, 09:57 AM
UAlbany @ St. Francis Danes will score big in the 2nd and 3rd periods; rest the starters in the fourth.

xeyebrowx xeyebrowx Statements like this make me wonder why I follow the NEC. :)

Albany@St. Francis - a$$ kicking of the week
CCSU@Wagner - I would really like to see this game, a true pick'em in my book. I'll go with Wagner at home.
RMU@Duquesne - I like the the Dukes, but I'd like to RMU to bounce back and right the ship more. Another close one.
Marist@Sacred Heart - And the coin flip says Marist!

danefan
October 17th, 2007, 10:09 AM
[quote=andy7171;695763]xeyebrowx xeyebrowx Statements like this make me wonder why I follow the NEC. :)

Hey give the hockey fans some slack......xsmiley_wix

andy7171
October 17th, 2007, 10:14 AM
[quote=andy7171;695763]xeyebrowx xeyebrowx Statements like this make me wonder why I follow the NEC. :)

Hey give the hockey fans some slack......xsmiley_wix

He's from California! :p

Calif_Colonial
October 17th, 2007, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=andy7171;695763]xeyebrowx xeyebrowx Statements like this make me wonder why I follow the NEC. :)

You have never taken a bus ride to St. Francis of PA. It will take the Danes the whole first period just to get the blood flowing in their legs. xlolx

andy7171
October 17th, 2007, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=andy7171;695763]xeyebrowx xeyebrowx Statements like this make me wonder why I follow the NEC. :)

You have never taken a bus ride to St. Francis of PA. It will take the Danes the whole first period just to get the blood flowing in their legs. xlolx

Good point. I can do you one better, I played Maine in late November! :p

Calif_Colonial
October 17th, 2007, 10:20 AM
How is that turf in November, like playing on concrete ?

danefan
October 17th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I was referring to the "periods" part of quote....you know being that there are quarters in football, periods in hockey, etc.....

andy7171
October 17th, 2007, 11:06 AM
How is that turf in November, like playing on concrete ?
Well is wasn't turf back in 1991. It was mud. And the temperature was just around 40 so it wasn't frozen, but the wind chill caused teh top layer of the muck to form ice crystals. MPLSBISON would have had a heart attack watching.

I was referring to the "periods" part of quote....you know being that there are quarters in football, periods in hockey, etc.....

So was I.

danefan
October 17th, 2007, 11:18 AM
OK good. :)

seahawkfan2007
October 17th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Albany over St. Francis (Pa). Albany's D is very solid and should be able to put some points on the board. Albany 31-7

CCSU @ Wagner. This will be a good one. Wagner's offense clicked last week vs. Monmouth and the team overall has improved every week. If the same O shows up Wagner wins big. CCSU has had a tougher schedule but their two wins vs. 1AA oppenents are less impressive than Wagner's four wins vs. 1AA. Wagner 24-17

RMU @ Duquesne. Close call that will come down to turnovers. Have to go with RMU this week because Bobby Mo admitted that he was wrong about Wagner being "the worst team RMU played this year".
RMU 17-13

Marist @ Sacred Heart. Marist has played a really tough schedule but SHU hammered struggling La Salle (54-14) while Marist got their first W by only two TD's vs. the Explorers. Gotta go with the NEC team. Sacred Heart 31-17

BobbyMo
October 17th, 2007, 09:19 PM
RMU @ Duquesne. Close call that will come down to turnovers. Have to go with RMU this week because Bobby Mo admitted that he was wrong about Wagner being "the worst team RMU played this year".
RMU 17-13

I really f'd that up :) I am on the bandwagon now xnodx xnodx xnodx

rmutv
October 18th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Albany over St. Francis (Pa). - Danes should roll. No challenge from the Red Flash.
CCSU @ Wagner. - It'll be a close game, but the Blue Devils showed that they were vulnerable on defense last week versus RMU. Wagner's better and can exploit those holes, as well as hold onto the football. Seahawks in a tight one.
Marist @ Sacred Heart. Perhaps a matchup that we should become familiar with? Does Marist come to the NEC? Who knows. I do know the Pioneers should win.

And the enigma...
RMU @ Duquesne. 1) Bruce Hocker, WR, plays for Duquesne. He kills the Colonials. Until he disappears, I can't pick against him. That, and the Colonials - specifically Coach Walton - have to show me something. They have to show me that they understand what it takes to win a college football game. I think the players do, but they're not being in the right positions to win. I don't know...maybe a pasting at the hands of the crosstown rival and soon to be NEC rival combined with two weeks until the next game will finally convince Coach Joe to wake the hell up and utilize his players to the best of their abilities. Until then, I refuse to pick RMU.

aceinthehole
October 18th, 2007, 10:03 AM
You all know I'm a huge supportor of all NEC teams, but some of you are way off on the CCSU/Wagner game!

Seahawkfan2007 - CCSU has had a tougher schedule but their two wins vs. 1AA oppenents are less impressive than Wagner's four wins vs. 1AA.

What, are you kidding me! Sorry, but you lost to Iona! We blew out 2 D-II teams and SFPA. While ugly, we controled the game vs. RMU. We lost by 10 to a good Towson team and racked up 2 TD and outrushed I-A Western Michigan. Your best win is over a young and rebuilding Monmouth.

RMUTV - the Blue Devils showed that they were vulnerable on defense last week versus RMU. Wagner's better and can exploit those holes, as well as hold onto the football.

Again, what game did you watch? We held RMU to less than 200 yrds total offense. You scored 1 TD on a great play action-pass where the D blitzed the run - that's it. You had 4 rushing first downs all game and our D had 3 INTs.

---

Dane had said it before, we are pretty one dimentional on offesne, but that rushing game is ranked #4 in all I-AA. Can CCSU be beat, of course?

But don't underestimate our Defense. Take away the I-A game, and we have given up 9 defensive TDs in 5 games. We actually have a better defense than Wagner against a stronger schedule.

aceinthehole
October 18th, 2007, 10:06 AM
2007 Northeast Conference Team Statistics 10/14/07

TOTAL OFFENSE G Rush Pass Plays Yards Avg/P TD Yds/G
----------------------------------------------------------------
1. Central Conn. St.... 6 1771 675 438 2446 5.6 23 407.7
2. Albany.............. 6 998 1137 462 2135 4.6 13 355.8
3. Monmouth............ 6 811 1263 411 2074 5.0 15 345.7
4. Sacred Heart........ 7 1055 1248 457 2303 5.0 20 329.0
5. Wagner.............. 6 1136 784 391 1920 4.9 13 320.0
6. Robert Morris....... 7 559 1267 428 1826 4.3 12 260.9
7. Saint Francis (PA).. 5 330 965 313 1295 4.1 8 259.0

TOTAL DEFENSE G Rush Pass Plys Yards Avg TD Yds/G
---------------------------------------------------------------
1. Central Conn. St.... 6 667 1034 363 1701 4.7 15 283.5
2. Wagner.............. 6 538 1198 410 1736 4.2 10 289.3
3. Robert Morris....... 7 1453 879 505 2332 4.6 14 333.1
4. Monmouth............ 6 1217 878 380 2095 5.5 19 349.2
Albany.............. 6 824 1271 403 2095 5.2 15 349.2
6. Sacred Heart........ 7 1140 1600 467 2740 5.9 25 391.4
7. Saint Francis (PA).. 5 1040 974 335 2014 6.0 24 402.8

http://www.northeastconference.org/Sports/fball/2007/confstat/confldrs.htm

Dane96
October 18th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Hey...I picked Wagner for the upset on the Hansen Board (suck ass board) last week. I dont pick here. BUT...Wagner is about to get bitch slapped hard by the Blue Devils, and barring the Danes imploding this week, the next week on STAAATEN EYELIND!

Wagner has yet to see defenses like these two teams have. I cannot see Wagner being able to stop the front 7 for the Danes.

Defensively, I cannot see Wagner handling CCSU's rushing attack...or Albany's more balanced-- Can you believe that Ace, we average nearly 200 in the air now-- attack and HUGE (averaging 6'4ish and 310) line. Yes, Albany's total D is much lower than Wagner...but jeesh...look who we have played.

Wagner would be one of the SUPRISE teams of the ENTIRE FCS...YES...ENTIRE FCS...if they could beat both CCSU and Albany. This was a team no one expected to be anywhere. Beating both these squads would prove IONA was a fluke loss.

Quite frankly, that IONA loss looms in my mind...thought I think WAGNER IS HIGHLY IMPROVED!

aceinthehole
October 18th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Good for the Wagner guys, get excited you deserve it. :)

IF you win your next 2 games at home vs CCSU and Albany, then you're the NEC champs and will get to book your tickets to San Diego. I know Dane fans and I will support you all the way.

However, I personally think the next 2 games could very well be 2 losses. Regardless, I think this could be a great season for Seahawk fans, but I think the trip out west will come down to the final week in New Britain - Albany at CCSU.

Seahawks Fan
October 19th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Good for the Wagner guys, get excited you deserve it. :)

IF you win your next 2 games at home vs CCSU and Albany, then you're the NEC champs and will get to book your tickets to San Diego. I know Dane fans and I will support you all the way.

However, I personally think the next 2 games could very well be 2 losses. Regardless, I think this could be a great season for Seahawk fans, but I think the trip out west will come down to the final week in New Britain - Albany at CCSU.

We shall see. I plan to be on Grymes Hill tomorrow to see the CCSU game. Should be a dandy. xthumbsupx

PeacockRaider
October 20th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Albany @ ST Francis... Danes roll big
CCSU @ Wagner... like to pick the upset, but i don't see it happening
RMU @ Duquesne...The Steel Trophy stays with the DUkes
Marist @ SH... I really expected the Foxes to be much improved this year