PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Players

McTailGator
October 15th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Who's your pick for the Top Defensive Player of the year?

http://people.delphiforums.com/tailgateguy/93McDL6.JPG

Double teamed constantly,

Typically pulled out of the game after the 1st series in the 3rd quarter due to McNeese's margin of victory.

stonywolf
October 15th, 2007, 08:07 PM
wow!!! awesome stats!!!

grizband
October 15th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Kroy Biermann, DE Montana
38 total tackles
10 TFL (56 yards)
8.5 sacks (57 yards)
1 pass breakup
3 forced fumbles

And, not to sound like a homer, but he gets double-teamed or held almost every play.

Old Montana State Grad
October 15th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Bobby Daly for Montana State through six games:

71 total tackles (41 solo), 9 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, and 1 pass break up

He led the conference in tackles last year but was overlooked for all the post season awards. Hope it doesn't happen to him again this year.

grizband
October 15th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Bobby Daly for Montana State through six games:

71 total tackles (41 solo), 9 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, and 1 pass break up

He led the conference in tackles last year but was overlooked for all the post season awards. Hope it doesn't happen to him again this year.
Daly and Biermann have pretty comparable stats so far this season. Daly has more total tackles (he should as a LB), but Biermann has more sacks (he should as a DE). Will be interesting to see who wins the conference award this year.

appfan2008
October 15th, 2007, 08:27 PM
corey lynch... not the stats of that guy but he is so much more than a stats guy

Pantherpower
October 15th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Brannon Carter for UNI---he's a gamer!

Peems
October 15th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Smith and Bierman are beasts!!!

DuckDuckGriz
October 15th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I second that on Biermann

I think Daly from MSU needs a little more recognition. He is like the Travis Lulay of their defense.

USDFAN_55
October 15th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Bakhtiari from San Diego has some nice stats:

28 solo tackles, 14 assisted tackles, 42 total tackles, 16.0 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks (leads the nation), 4 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery.

McNeese75
October 15th, 2007, 10:52 PM
38 total tackles
10 TFL (56 yards)
8.5 sacks (57 yards)
1 pass breakup
3 forced fumbles

And, not to sound like a homer, but he gets double-teamed or held almost every play.

:D Yeah, Smitty sees a few of those as well. We lost two of our offensive linemen to leg injuries in August practice trying to block him. xbawlingx

APPSTER
October 15th, 2007, 11:28 PM
38 total tackles
10 TFL (56 yards)
8.5 sacks (57 yards)
1 pass breakup
3 forced fumbles

Bierman might be a great DE, but jeez louise he's racked up those stats against arguably the worst competition of any ranked I-AA team. The boys from Ft. Lewis double-teamed Bierman, did they?xeyebrowx

DuckDuckGriz
October 15th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Bierman might be a great DE, but jeez louise he's racked up those stats against arguably the worst competition of any ranked I-AA team. The boys from Ft. Lewis double-teamed Bierman, did they?xeyebrowx

Page 2 - what took you so long? xnonono2x

That's the thing - Bierman has been benched at halftime in a couple of these games.

mlbowl
October 16th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Page 2 - what took you so long? xnonono2x

No kidding!

andy7171
October 16th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Towson's middle linebacker Brian Bradford has compiled some nice stats...
84 tackles
2 sacks
1 interception
3 forced fumbles
1 blocked kick

Uncle Buck
October 16th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Towson's middle linebacker Brian Bradford has compiled some nice stats...
84 tackles
2 sacks
3 forced fumbles
1 blocked kick

And you can add the INT that he ripped out of the hands of our TE last week giving TU a great scoring opportunity. He's definitely a gamer.

Panther88
October 16th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Zach "The Beast" East should garner some type recognition for his outstanding work.

TACKLES (All positions)
Player Team Cl G Pos Solo Ast Total Avg/G Sack
----------------------------------------------------------------
1. EAST,Zach........... PVAM SR 6 LB 43 30 73 12.2 2.0

Leads the SWAC in total tackles and tackles per game avg as well as currently being tied for 6th in the SWAC for TFL avg per game. :)

Ronin
October 16th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Darrell Lloyd if for no other reason than knocking the helmet off a larger opponent and knocking him out in the SIU game.

Stats can be deceiving based upon your competition.

mikebigg
October 16th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Zach "The Beast" East should garner some type recognition for his outstanding work.

Leads the SWAC in total tackles and tackles per game avg as well as currently being tied for 6th in the SWAC for TFL avg per game. :)

I was just about to list his name... this dude is a monster. Are you sure he's not a ringer from the Houston Texans? I saw him against SU and then about two weeks later against The ICON that is GRAMBLING. I don't want to see him anymore!!!!! xbowx

Panther88
October 16th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I was just about to list his name... this dude is a monster. Are you sure he's not a ringer from the Houston Texans? I saw him against SU and then about two weeks later against The ICON that is GRAMBLING. I don't want to see him anymore!!!!! xbowx

Kid loves to hit and does it well. He's finally got his legs underneath him so he's bringing it @ a pretty good clip!

I'd really hate for someone to attempt to minimize his performance for what they may think is "subpar" competition. The SWAC, this year, is stronger than I've EVER witnessed!