September 5th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Stephen F. Austin @ Montana State
Montana @ Oregon
Idaho State @ Kentucky
Portland State @ UC Davis
Sac St. @ Cal Poly
Weber St @ Fresno State
NAU @ Arizona

I hate to say it, but...we could be looking at 7 Big Sky Conference teams losing next Saturday. :(

Paul

GOKATS
September 5th, 2005, 12:53 PM
I'd say probably 5.

Hansel
September 5th, 2005, 02:37 PM
IMHO The best chances for wins are MSU>Portland>>>>>Sac>Mont>NAU>ISU>WSU

JALMOND
September 5th, 2005, 03:38 PM
My predictions...

MSU over SFA--home opener for the Cats and coming off a great showing in Stillwater. SFA might keep it close, but I think the Cats will prevail pretty easy---MSU 31, SFA 10

Ducks over Griz---Looks like a mismatch, but I think if the Griz can jump on the Ducks right away it could be different. Ducks do play rather poorly in their home openers. The last thing the Ducks want is to come from behind late against the Griz but I'll say that's what they do---UO 37, Griz 30.

Kentucky over ISU---Wildcats looked really good against Louisville, a top 25 team. Unfortunately for the Bengals, I think it will continue---UK 41, ISU 10.

PSU over Davis---At the risk of sounding like a homer, I've got to give this to the Vikes although I do think it will be an all around good game---PSU 17, Davis 13.

Cal Poly over Sac---Mustangs had some bright spots in their loss to UNH, Sac's only bright spot against Cal was that at times Cal looked worse than the Hornets (and that takes some effort). Cannot see the Hornets staying with Cal Poly---Poly 45, Sac 7

Fresno over Weber---Pretty much a given, but Fresno does have a tendency to overlook the quality of football in the Big Sky. I'll give it to Fresno, but maybe closer than people think---Fresno 38, Weber 24.

Arizona over NAU---Wildcats had some bright spots in SLC last week and maybe should have come out with a win. Jacks looked improved from last year, but Arizona looked tough as well. Slight edge to the Wildcats---Arizona 24, NAU 14.

Might be a safe bet for two BSC teams to win. Possible surprises could be Montana, Weber and NAU, although the surprises might only be that they kept the score close. The PSU-Davis game could be a tossup and might be the best game involving a BSC team this weekend. The Vikings need a win to keep their playoff hopes alive.

MSUCats
September 5th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Montana @ Oregon
Idaho State @ Kentucky
Sac St. @ Cal Poly
Weber St @ Fresno State
NAU @ Arizona

I hate to say it, but...we could be looking at 7 Big Sky Conference teams losing next Saturday. :(

Paul

Highly unlikely that all 7 will lose. PSU and Sac are on the road, but they will both be in the game at the end.

Those playin' I-A schools are going to have it tougher. NAU has by far the best chance and its not much. Arizona probably felt they should have beat the Utes.

Cats will win big. :spank:

JMU Duke Dog
September 5th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Most A10 teams will be on the road this second week into the 2005 season. The highest profile game will be when Lehigh travels to Delaware. Also, let us hope that Villanova represents I-AA and the A10 well by knocking off Rutgers.

#15 Massachusetts (1-0, 1-0) at Colgate (0-1)
Richmond (0-1, 0-1) at Lafayette (1-0)
#11 William & Mary (0-0, 0-1) at VMI (1-0)
Northeastern (0-0, 0-1) at Youngstown State (1-0)
Rhode Island (0-0, 1-0) at Central Connecticut State (1-0)
#24 Hofstra (0-0, 0-0) at Albany (0-0)
William Penn (0-1) at Maine (0-0, 0-1)
Lock Haven (1-1) at Towson (0-0, 1-0)
#14 Lehigh (1-0) at #10 Delaware (0-0, 0-0)
#1 James Madison (0-0, 1-0) at Coastal Carolina (1-0)
Villanova (0-0, 0-0) at Rutgers (0-1)

#7 New Hampshire (0-0, 1-0) is idle in week two.

blackfordpu
September 5th, 2005, 10:34 PM
My predictions...

MSU over SFA--home opener for the Cats and coming off a great showing in Stillwater. SFA might keep it close, but I think the Cats will prevail pretty easy---MSU 31, SFA 10

Ducks over Griz---Looks like a mismatch, but I think if the Griz can jump on the Ducks right away it could be different. Ducks do play rather poorly in their home openers. The last thing the Ducks want is to come from behind late against the Griz but I'll say that's what they do---UO 37, Griz 30.

Kentucky over ISU---Wildcats looked really good against Louisville, a top 25 team. Unfortunately for the Bengals, I think it will continue---UK 41, ISU 10.

PSU over Davis---At the risk of sounding like a homer, I've got to give this to the Vikes although I do think it will be an all around good game---PSU 17, Davis 13.

Cal Poly over Sac---Mustangs had some bright spots in their loss to UNH, Sac's only bright spot against Cal was that at times Cal looked worse than the Hornets (and that takes some effort). Cannot see the Hornets staying with Cal Poly---Poly 45, Sac 7

Fresno over Weber---Pretty much a given, but Fresno does have a tendency to overlook the quality of football in the Big Sky. I'll give it to Fresno, but maybe closer than people think---Fresno 38, Weber 24.

Arizona over NAU---Wildcats had some bright spots in SLC last week and maybe should have come out with a win. Jacks looked improved from last year, but Arizona looked tough as well. Slight edge to the Wildcats---Arizona 24, NAU 14.

Might be a safe bet for two BSC teams to win. Possible surprises could be Montana, Weber and NAU, although the surprises might only be that they kept the score close. The PSU-Davis game could be a tossup and might be the best game involving a BSC team this weekend. The Vikings need a win to keep their playoff hopes alive.

How is that score keeping it close? Sorry but Montana State will demolish SFA, no question.

catbob
September 5th, 2005, 11:12 PM
I'm the first critic of the Cats. And we are a terribly inconsistent team. While we usually do start awfully slow, I think the game vs OSU was a giant step for our program, but only time will tell that. If we build off the OSU game, I think we can handle SFA pretty easily. If we turn back into the ol inconsistent Cats, it could be a long day at Bobcat Stadium.

Proud Griz Man
September 5th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I'm the first critic of the Cats. And we are a terribly inconsistent team. While we usually do start awfully slow, I think the game vs OSU was a giant step for our program, but only time will tell that. If we build off the OSU game, I think we can handle SFA pretty easily. If we turn back into the ol inconsistent Cats, it could be a long day at Bobcat Stadium.

Gotta hand it to ya catbob, you're honest.

The Griz are preparing for a very tough UO team with superior size, speed, depth and homefield advantage. The Griz will have to play error-free and inspired football to challenge the Ducks. But, that is why we play the games. Live and learn. ;)

Down with the Foe!
September 5th, 2005, 11:49 PM
The Griz are preparing for a very tough UO team with superior size, speed, depth and homefield advantage. The Griz will have to play error-free and inspired football to challenge the Ducks. But, that is why we play the games. Live and learn. ;)

"IF"anyone can in I-AA can go in and knock off a real I-A powerhouse (PAc-10, SEC, Big 10, etc) at their home...it's gonna be a Montana, GSU, Delaware, Etc.

I do not think it will happend this season....But last year or next year....and look out. I would love our chances.

It will be a spirited battle...and closer than most think...

I wish we could rival what the MSU boys did down in stillwater...but this is a much better squad and more hostile setting. (No disrespect intended)

Go Griz

Ducks 48
Griz-38

*** Take the points...Cha-Ching ***

:nod: ;) :nod:

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2005, 07:34 AM

Mustangs lost to Troy St not UNH. Cal Poly plays the Desert Swarmish defense, could be a low scoring game.

putter
September 6th, 2005, 10:24 AM
With 2 freshman QB's and the Ducks allowing less than 80 yards rushing to Houston, it could be a long day for the Griz. Unless we can get some receivers open to free up Lex we won't move the ball well. Washington loosened up in the 2nd half against Ft. Lewis but it took him time to get the jitters out.

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Montana @ Oregon
Idaho State @ Kentucky
Sac St. @ Cal Poly
Weber St @ Fresno State
NAU @ Arizona

Paul

I was shocked, but a co-worker of mine (an Arizona State grad) was actually (after a little prodding) able to list every member of the BSC...I knew if I kept beating him up about it he'd start paying attention. I'll start working on the other conferences now...

Lumberjacks76
September 6th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I know Montana beats us every year, but I would love to see the Griz smack around Oregon. I'm also an Arizona State fan and have had season tickets to Sun Devil Stadium games since 1985. I was in a bit of a quandry in 2003, as ASU played NAU (the school I graduated from), but the Lumberjacks played well and lost by a score of 34-14 to a ranked Arizona State team. Of course, Arizona State finished 5-7 that year as Andrew Walter and Co. couldn't get it going on offense or defense.

On that note, I hope Montana wins and represents the Big Sky Conference well. A 6-1 conference record isn't out of the question for Montana this year (Eastern Washington may be too much, even for Montana).

Paul