PDA

View Full Version : The FCS Wedge 2022

ursus arctos horribilis
September 7th, 2022, 01:57 PM
Man, it gets tougher to knock the rust off every year to get back in the groove on this thing but I finally got it uploded a few minutes ago. It should start launching around the various outlets in the next 1/2 hr if you you are already subscribed. Kris and Lance kicking it out as usual.

Here are the locations you can find it if you are not.

Google
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmxvZ3RhbGtyYWRpby5jb20vdGhlLWZjcy 13ZWRnZS9wb2RjYXN0

Apple
https://podcasts.apple.com/hu/podcast/the-fcs-wedge/id557271012

Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/show/61mEEl1qDeDIDIile6g3q0

Amazon
https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/ebe31aae-ea8a-4f5d-8920-29f6c81e648a/the-fcs-wedge

(https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/ebe31aae-ea8a-4f5d-8920-29f6c81e648a/the-fcs-wedge)Stitcher
https://www.stitcher.com/show/ags-radio-show

If you have Amazon speakers you can also just say "Alexa, play the latest episode of The FCS Wedge podcast."

I had to speak the show name very clearly because on my first attempt I got something different.

I will stick this thread and update as we progress.

Preferred Walk-On
September 7th, 2022, 03:37 PM
Awesome. Looking forward to this for the drive home. Thanks guys!

Roamingriz
September 9th, 2022, 02:39 PM
It's back on Stitcher too 👍

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2022, 06:53 PM
It's back on Stitcher too 

Excellent, I should grab that link and include it to. Thanks for the reminder.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2022, 03:37 PM
New episode up today for those that have not subscribed.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2022, 03:16 PM
Preview went up early this morning. Couple of funny exchanges on this one you might enjoy.

...retired professional athlete.:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=971YUOND-PA

It's just such an easy one to go with...again.

Preferred Walk-On
September 15th, 2022, 08:34 PM
Thanks fellas. Just a few quick notes:

1. It's not easy being a professional athlete. Just sayin'.
2. I am on Kris' side with respect to game day prep. Cooking the day before leaves more time for drinking, games, and socializing.
3. I am not on Kris' side with respect to first stadium to visit outside of the west. And don't worry, I was not one of the dozen listeners you lost after that. ;)
4. Also, washers suck, cornhole rocks!
5. From the review show, FUBeAR might take some offense to thoughts on Mercer.
6. I still get a kick out of when either of you use "defense" and "Big Sky" in the same sentence...gets me every time.
7. Didn't catch this (may have just missed it), but not nearly as vehement opposition to two 0-2 teams in the top 25 (the Weber State rule) as in years past.
8. My absolute favorite was the end music (Hallelujah) for the review show...followed by devil speak for the last 3:45 of the podcast (take a listen). I assume this was by mistake, but made me snort laugh.

Look forward to these podcasts every week, so thanks again.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2022, 03:55 PM
Thanks fellas. Just a few quick notes:

1. It's not easy being a professional athlete. Just sayin'.
2. I am on Kris' side with respect to game day prep. Cooking the day before leaves more time for drinking, games, and socializing.
3. I am not on Kris' side with respect to first stadium to visit outside of the west. And don't worry, I was not one of the dozen listeners you lost after that. ;)
4. Also, washers suck, cornhole rocks!
5. From the review show, FUBeAR might take some offense to thoughts on Mercer.
6. I still get a kick out of when either of you use "defense" and "Big Sky" in the same sentence...gets me every time.
7. Didn't catch this (may have just missed it), but not nearly as vehement opposition to two 0-2 teams in the top 25 (the Weber State rule) as in years past.
8. My absolute favorite was the end music (Hallelujah) for the review show...followed by devil speak for the last 3:45 of the podcast (take a listen). I assume this was by mistake, but made me snort laugh.

Look forward to these podcasts every week, so thanks again.

The music was a nod to the "Holy" teams wins last week and the devil speak was a makeup for an edit mistake I made the week before. xlolx

I edit at a quicker rate to go through them usually and clean up some stuff, then put them back to normal speak speed...usually. I messed that up last week on the 2nd show a bit and Kris sent a text about it. I went and listened to it and sure as ****, I put the wrong tempo up.

So this week they were talking about the other polls a bit before show start. So I took that audio and deepened it and slowed it down tempo wise to make up for last week. Just turns out to be coincidental luck that the Easter egg was related this time but I did notice it when putting together as well and had a smile about it.:D

BTW, there are a lot of people that i don't think even those parts of the show when I do them (infrequently) and one of the hosts fits that description perfectly.

Like your notes, well done.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 21st, 2022, 12:09 PM
New episode is up.

Preferred Walk-On
September 28th, 2022, 10:12 PM
Nice job on the Week 4 Review.

Agree on the Villanova sentiment, but have to disagree a bit on the Tennessee-Martin vibe...#15 is either too low or just right IMO. They almost beat Missouri State, beat Lindenwood handily (albeit after a lackadaisical 1st half), handled Western Illinois, and lost to FBS Boise State.

Lance, I really appreciated you pointing out that Southeast Missouri State and Tennessee-Martin don't play each other this year. I didn't believe you and even had to check for myself. Just, wow! I guess the good thing is that the Skyhawks played Lindenwood last week and the Redhawks have Lindenwood this week, so perhaps we will at least get an early transitive comparison (whether or not one gives that any validity, which clearly some do as evidenced by comparing NDSU/Montana/South Dakota or SDSU/Weber State/UC Davis in another thread).

Finally, I was disappointed that I do not think I heard Lance use the term "slaughtered" once this week (although I could have missed it; listened on my drive home from work). Last week, I think he set a record for saying "slaughtered", and I love it every time he describes games as "Team X slaughtered Team Y!" or "Team Z got absolutely slaughtered!". It just wouldn't be you if you didn't use "slaughtered"...or whatever. ;)

Keep up the good work, Boys! Looking forward to the Week 5 Preview show.

Preferred Walk-On
September 29th, 2022, 10:10 PM
While October makes for great football and the meat of the schedule, but gotta go with Kris on this one: December is made for great games…and great tailgating in Fargo. Nothin’ better than 10 below, gentle snow falling, ethanol in the veins, plenty of cornhole, and of course a large 70 degree tent to warm up in packed with more drinks, food, friends and fellow fanatics (and even visiting fans who brave the tailgate…we appreciate you). Let me rephrase that, December was made for die-hards of the frozen tundra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
September 30th, 2022, 03:27 PM
While October makes for great football and the meat of the schedule, but gotta go with Kris on this one: December is made for great games…and great tailgating in Fargo. Nothin’ better than 10 below, gentle snow falling, ethanol in the veins, plenty of cornhole, and of course a large 70 degree tent to warm up in packed with more drinks, food, friends and fellow fanatics (and even visiting fans who brave the tailgate…we appreciate you). Let me rephrase that, December was made for die-hards of the frozen tundra.

I like both, it means more in December if you are a contender. Can't beat that feeling.

MSUBobcat
October 6th, 2022, 11:25 AM
Great shows, gentlemen. Troy's ad libs were awesome. "Lance Putin" xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 7th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Great shows, gentlemen. Troy's ad libs were awesome. "Lance Putin" xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

xlolx

I had some fun getting a shot or two in the episodes for this week. Lance left me no choice with his Fairview Warrior diatribe. He went against my dad, and his dad so he has to change his name now. He brought this on himself.:D

ursus arctos horribilis
October 7th, 2022, 01:29 PM
Really glad you listen and chime in btw. It's always great to see opinions and show notes from the guys that give it a shot each week...or once in a while at least. Thank you.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 8th, 2022, 04:17 PM
Next week's shows will be one day later than usual.

MSUBobcat
October 9th, 2022, 01:47 PM
Really glad you listen and chime in btw. It's always great to see opinions and show notes from the guys that give it a shot each week...or once in a while at least. Thank you.

May not always comment but almost always listening. Love to gain a lil more FCS knowledge to aid my weekly picks and also my degenerate gambling. I'll submit invoices for my losses at year end then? Or......?

kalm
October 9th, 2022, 05:03 PM

Thanks! Lance deserved this comeuppance.

MSUBobcat
October 10th, 2022, 12:23 PM
Thanks! Lance deserved this comeuppance.

Any time a Griz fan eats one of his own, I'm for it.

MSUBobcat
October 13th, 2022, 04:29 PM
Clenz may disagree with you on Sac beating UNI by 16. Not that they didn't lose by 16, but that it was inflated at the end. They were up by 9 with UNI marching toward the end of the game. UNI was on Sac's 32 with a full compliment of TO's when UNI threw a pick that was returned 57 yards to the UNI 18 with 2:40 to play. The Hornets converted a 3rd down to the UNI 4. Then Sac ran it for a yard forcing UNI to use its last TO at 45 seconds. Sac could have taken a knee. Instead, they ran it in for a TD, running the score to the final 16 point margin.

Take it as you may. Personally, if you don't want them to score on from the 3 with 45 seconds, you shouldn't have burned 3 TO in their last possession, and especially after they converted the first down. By not conceding down 9 with the opponent on your 4 yard line and 2 minutes with the clock ticking, you get what you asked for. xtwocentsx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2022, 01:48 PM
Clenz may disagree with you on Sac beating UNI by 16. Not that they didn't lose by 16, but that it was inflated at the end. They were up by 9 with UNI marching toward the end of the game. UNI was on Sac's 32 with a full compliment of TO's when UNI threw a pick that was returned 57 yards to the UNI 18 with 2:40 to play. The Hornets converted a 3rd down to the UNI 4. Then Sac ran it for a yard forcing UNI to use its last TO at 45 seconds. Sac could have taken a knee. Instead, they ran it in for a TD, running the score to the final 16 point margin.

Take it as you may. Personally, if you don't want them to score on from the 3 with 45 seconds, you shouldn't have burned 3 TO in their last possession, and especially after they converted the first down. By not conceding down 9 with the opponent on your 4 yard line and 2 minutes with the clock ticking, you get what you asked for. xtwocentsx

Dead on man. That is horse**** to say they should have taken the knee when you are still there playing the game....so will the other team. I watched that game and UNI started putting some things together in the 2nd half but Sac was clearly the better team in that game. clenzy has a penchant for grabbing little things out of some stats and spinning a good story about his team at times...like we all do to a bit lesser extent but that the better team won that day no doubt about that.

Don't keep playing football and expect the opposition to take mercy on you.

MSUBobcat
October 20th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Given that y'all are Big Sky fans (not that you don't follow a ton of other conference games), I'm wondering who you think the weather favors in the Weber/MSU game. Last couple days the forecast has gotten worse and worse, now expected to be only 44 with a half inch of rain. A wet ball generally favors a running team, which MSU has the edge, but we haven't faced a rush defense of Weber's caliber either. And the Grills are no slouch running the ball either, and our run D has been susceptible to giving up at least 1 big rushing TD per game, often in the first quarter. Any thoughts? Trying to decide if I bet on the Bobcats to cover, or go the safe route and do an O/U. (I'll do at least a couple parlays with the Bobcats covering, obviously. Can't bet against my own team.)

Chalupa Batman
October 20th, 2022, 02:54 PM
Good shows as usual guys. Kind of surprised the Jackson State/Campell game didn't come up in the preview show. Is that because it doesn't really have any playoff implications?

FUBeAR
October 20th, 2022, 04:16 PM
Good shows as usual guys. Kind of surprised the Jackson State/Campell game didn't come up in the preview show. Is that because it doesn't really have any playoff implications?
This game could have significant Playoff implications for Campbell.

Let’s say…
1) the Camels lose to NCA&T OR Gardner-Webb, either of which then run the table or even lose one to another Big South Team, but clinch the Big South AQ instead of Campbell.
2) the Camels also beat Jackson State and win the rest (except for the 1 mentioned above).

Campbell would be 8-3 / 8-2 FCS, (possibly) tied for 1st in the Big South with a loss to the Big South Co-Champ/AQ and their only other loss to highly ranked (potentially) William & Mary.

Based on the Committee’s reckoning of SWAC competiveness and their gifting of an At-Large bid to FAMU last year, FUBeAR thinks they would definitely put a lot of weight on Campbell beating highly-ranked, otherwise undefeated Jackson State in their place on their Homecoming.

In fact, FUBeAR would say if…
1) Campbell wins Sat.
2) only loses 1 Big South game
3) Jackson State does as expected the rest of the way

…then the Camels are A LOCK for the Playoffs whether they are the Big South AQ or not..

Chalupa Batman
October 21st, 2022, 05:51 AM
This game could have significant Playoff implications for Campbell.

Let’s say…
1) the Camels lose to NCA&T OR Gardner-Webb, either of which then run the table or even lose one to another Big South Team, but clinch the Big South AQ instead of Campbell.
2) the Camels also beat Jackson State and win the rest (except for the 1 mentioned above).

Campbell would be 8-3 / 8-2 FCS, (possibly) tied for 1st in the Big South with a loss to the Big South Co-Champ/AQ and their only other loss to highly ranked (potentially) William & Mary.

Based on the Committee’s reckoning of SWAC competiveness and their gifting of an At-Large bid to FAMU last year, FUBeAR thinks they would definitely put a lot of weight on Campbell beating highly-ranked, otherwise undefeated Jackson State in their place on their Homecoming.

In fact, FUBeAR would say if…
1) Campbell wins Sat.
2) only loses 1 Big South game
3) Jackson State does as expected the rest of the way

…then the Camels are A LOCK for the Playoffs whether they are the Big South AQ or not..

I think even in the scenario you laid out it would depend a lot on how big the bubble is, and if the Camels did make the field they would sneak in as one of the last four in.

The Big Sky is a lock for 3 at-large bids and looking real good for a 4th if Idaho doesn't stumble the rest of the way, outside of their matchup with Sac State.
The CAA is very likely to get 3 at-large bids, with a chance for a 5th if the right combination of results happen.
The MVFC is very likely to get 3 at-large bids, though there is a chance they only get 2 if the right combination of results happen.
The OVC is looking likely to get an at-large bid since SEMO and UT-Martin don't play each other this year.
The SoCon is looking very good for 2 at-large bids and has a pretty good shot at a 3rd.

That's 12 of the 13 at-larges coming from those conferences, with even 2 more that at first glance I considered as good possibilities.

Campbell would have a decent resume should they beat JSU and stumble in the Big South, but I'd say they're far from a lock and they'll be sweating it out on Selection Sunday if that's what happens.

FUBeAR
October 21st, 2022, 07:49 AM
I think even in the scenario you laid out it would depend a lot on how big the bubble is, and if the Camels did make the field they would sneak in as one of the last four in.

The Big Sky is a lock for 3 at-large bids and looking real good for a 4th if Idaho doesn't stumble the rest of the way, outside of their matchup with Sac State.
The CAA is very likely to get 3 at-large bids, with a chance for a 5th if the right combination of results happen.
The MVFC is very likely to get 3 at-large bids, though there is a chance they only get 2 if the right combination of results happen.
The OVC is looking likely to get an at-large bid since SEMO and UT-Martin don't play each other this year.
The SoCon is looking very good for 2 at-large bids and has a pretty good shot at a 3rd.

That's 12 of the 13 at-larges coming from those conferences, with even 2 more that at first glance I considered as good possibilities.

Campbell would have a decent resume should they beat JSU and stumble in the Big South, but I'd say they're far from a lock and they'll be sweating it out on Selection Sunday if that's what happens.
If the CAA gets 5 Teams in the Playoffs this year, we should just disband the FCS and all go our separate ways due to irreconcilable differences.

NCCU 45 - (1st place, undefeated in the CAA) UNH 27 … AND
Campbell 48 - NCCU 18…

…tell you all you need to know about the CAA

MSUBobcat
October 21st, 2022, 11:06 AM
If the CAA gets 5 Teams in the Playoffs this year, we should just disband the FCS and all go our separate ways due to irreconcilable differences.

NCCU 45 - (1st place, undefeated in the CAA) UNH 27 … AND
Campbell 48 - NCCU 18…

…tell you all you need to know about the CAA

UNH is in "first". So far they have played all the bottom feeders in conference. The NCCU game is actually what is holding UNH back. In the AGS, STATS and Coaches' Polls, UNH is the 6th ranked team from the CAA. As of now... if the CAA got a 5th team, it would be Rhody that would theoretically bump Campbell, not UNH.

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2022, 01:14 PM
UNH is in "first". So far they have played all the bottom feeders in conference. The NCCU game is actually what is holding UNH back. In the AGS, STATS and Coaches' Polls, UNH is the 6th ranked team from the CAA. As of now... if the CAA got a 5th team, it would be Rhody that would theoretically bump Campbell, not UNH.

The CAA is not getting 5 teams so FuBear can unlock the doors to his safe space

The bottom of the CAA is worse than it has ever been, But what I think the national media and fans are getting wrong is not realizing the top CAA teams can compete with anybody in the country minus a few teams maybe

CAA should have 4 teams in playoffs

kalm
October 21st, 2022, 02:01 PM
Given that y'all are Big Sky fans (not that you don't follow a ton of other conference games), I'm wondering who you think the weather favors in the Weber/MSU game. Last couple days the forecast has gotten worse and worse, now expected to be only 44 with a half inch of rain. A wet ball generally favors a running team, which MSU has the edge, but we haven't faced a rush defense of Weber's caliber either. And the Grills are no slouch running the ball either, and our run D has been susceptible to giving up at least 1 big rushing TD per game, often in the first quarter. Any thoughts? Trying to decide if I bet on the Bobcats to cover, or go the safe route and do an O/U. (I'll do at least a couple parlays with the Bobcats covering, obviously. Can't bet against my own team.)

Good question and fair point on MSU's run defense.

Both run it well. Both have shown they can make some plays through the passing game. I'd give the defensive edge to Weber. MSU has two QB's who can go for chunks in the rushing attack more so than Bronson Barron. Both teams are near the top in turnovers gained and margin. I think these are two very good teams, capable of making deep runs. Tough to see an huge advantage either way regarding weather.

Preferred Walk-On
October 21st, 2022, 02:01 PM

The bottom of the CAA is worse than it has ever been, But what I think the national media and fans are getting wrong is not realizing the top CAA teams can compete with anybody in the country minus a few teams maybe

I actually don't disagree with you on this (and I am likely one of those offenders). Just really have a hard time knowing where to place them, as one of the five might beat a really good team (FBS even), and then lose to one of the five that by accounts from people that follow the CAA closely is considered to be one of the weaker of the five.

So how does one really differentiate (uncluster) them AND place them as high as some believe they should be? Heck, even Mr. Massey has them in the lower half of the Top 25 AND clustered together (#15, 17, 19, 21, and 33)...and #33 just beat #19, who beat #17, who beat #15, so... xdontknowx Transitive sucks, but in this case is likely responsible for the clustering AND location of the ranking. At this point, Delaware and William & Mary seem to still be riding their FBS wins (against teams that are now a combined 3-10), and perhaps deservedly so, but then don't lose to the others in the bunch.

The CAA looks very even at the top, but what the potential of that top is remains to be seen.

FUBeAR
October 21st, 2022, 02:11 PM

…and these “top CAA Teams” are?

Delaware? Lost to William & Mary…
William & Mary? Lost to Elon…
Elon? Lost to Rhode Island (and, for good measure, almost lost to Gardner-Webb)
Rhode Island? Lost to Delaware … and around we go…

Are these the “top CAA Teams?”

What about Richmond? Lost to Elon…
What about Maine? Lost to Villanova…
What about Villanova? Lost to Monmouth…and Richmond…
What about Monmouth? Lost to New Hampshire…and Maine…and Fordham…
What about New Hampshire? Um…Remember we started here with their blowout by NCCU, who was subsequently blown out by Campbell.

We don’t need to consider Hampton, Stony Brook, Towson, or Albany…do we?
Surely you weren’t calling any of those 4 a “top CAA Team?”

FUBeAR sees 1 At-Large for the CAA. Absolutely no more than 2.

But that’s in a true & just world. With the real Playoff Selection Committee world we live in, could be as many as 7 or 8.

Preferred Walk-On
October 21st, 2022, 02:14 PM

One other thing to point out is that while we (or at least I) don't really know the ceiling of the CAA teams, there has been at least one CAA team in the semifinals/championship every year since 2013. Five of those were James Madison, and five other CAA teams have also been there in that time. Since recent history has been mostly JMU, there is probably a bit of McCartney & Wings perception (which I know you are all too familiar with and must appreciate on some level).

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2022, 06:19 PM
I actually don't disagree with you on this (and I am likely one of those offenders). Just really have a hard time knowing where to place them, as one of the five might beat a really good team (FBS even), and then lose to one of the five that by accounts from people that follow the CAA closely is considered to be one of the weaker of the five.

So how does one really differentiate (uncluster) them AND place them as high as some believe they should be? Heck, even Mr. Massey has them in the lower half of the Top 25 AND clustered together (#15, 17, 19, 21, and 33)...and #33 just beat #19, who beat #17, who beat #15, so... xdontknowx Transitive sucks, but in this case is likely responsible for the clustering AND location of the ranking. At this point, Delaware and William & Mary seem to still be riding their FBS wins (against teams that are now a combined 3-10), and perhaps deservedly so, but then don't lose to the others in the bunch.

The CAA looks very even at the top, but what the potential of that top is remains to be seen.

Yea It’s all just subjective conjecture right now, I just have a hunch that 3 maybe 4 CAA teams are really good.
Its based a little off the slot voting that is going on where you might see a Big Sky team coming in like 2 3 4 5.... . We saw what happened to Montana, probably ranked way too high throughout the year. Who else are we getting it all wrong on? Mostly though it’s just based on the eye test. Delaware, William and Mary and Richmond are just better than they were last year. It sure seems like many of voters are not even watching CAA games, not that I blame them because nobody likes Flosports

Now how that improvement merges in with the best Big Sky teams is what every FCS fan should want to see

I’ve seen a little bit Weber St, I think they look better than ever, Sacramento state as well. Not as high on Montana St and definitely not high on UC Davis.

Catbooster
October 21st, 2022, 06:35 PM

I can't even figure out how to rank the CAA teams among themselves. How the hell do I rank them against other teams? xdrunkyx

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2022, 08:35 AM
…and these “top CAA Teams” are?

Delaware? Lost to William & Mary…
William & Mary? Lost to Elon…
Elon? Lost to Rhode Island (and, for good measure, almost lost to Gardner-Webb)
Rhode Island? Lost to Delaware … and around we go…

Are these the “top CAA Teams?”

What about Richmond? Lost to Elon…
What about Maine? Lost to Villanova…
What about Villanova? Lost to Monmouth…and Richmond…
What about Monmouth? Lost to New Hampshire…and Maine…and Fordham…
What about New Hampshire? Um…Remember we started here with their blowout by NCCU, who was subsequently blown out by Campbell.

We don’t need to consider Hampton, Stony Brook, Towson, or Albany…do we?
Surely you weren’t calling any of those 4 a “top CAA Team?”

FUBeAR sees 1 At-Large for the CAA. Absolutely no more than 2.

But that’s in a true & just world. With the real Playoff Selection Committee world we live in, could be as many as 7 or 8.

Elon 26
Wofford 0

FUBeAR
October 22nd, 2022, 08:38 AM
Elon 26
Wofford 0
FUBeAR shamed the Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians into NOT losing to Woffy…AGAIN.

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2022, 09:25 AM
One other thing to point out is that while we (or at least I) don't really know the ceiling of the CAA teams, there has been at least one CAA team in the semifinals/championship every year since 2013. Five of those were James Madison, and five other CAA teams have also been there in that time. Since recent history has been mostly JMU, there is probably a bit of McCartney & Wings perception (which I know you are all too familiar with and must appreciate on some level).

This is great and right on the money!

Paul is 80 years old (think how long NDSU has dominated FCS) and his voice is getting a little more creeky (think Bison second half) so it’s probably time to come up with a new musical moniker for the MVFC .... but SPM (Bison) might just have one last concert (Championship) in him, check back in January.

Chalupa Batman
October 26th, 2022, 10:05 PM
Another good episode guys. Regarding the onside kick you said Montana wasn't ready for, I don't think it was actually an onside kick. It looked like a squib kick that hit one of the up-men and bounced back towards Sac State. Maybe the kicker did that on purpose but I would bet it wasn't anything more than a lucky bounce for the Hornets.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 27th, 2022, 12:07 AM
Another good episode guys. Regarding the onside kick you said Montana wasn't ready for, I don't think it was actually an onside kick. It looked like a squib kick that hit one of the up-men and bounced back towards Sac State. Maybe the kicker did that on purpose but I would bet it wasn't anything more than a lucky bounce for the Hornets.

I haven't seen this too much but this is exactly what I thought too. It just did not really look intentional, it looked like it was a lucky miss hit on the thing but it is so hard to really tell what the intentions was there but I also don't know how well we would do on returns if we set up each and every time for onside kicks so it seems hard to think that is what we should do consistently. We got bit hard two weeks in a row so everyone looks for ansers in it...as you can tell, I got nothin'...xlolx

How come none of you mofo's tell me how well I did on the tunes! That **** is f'n spot on!

I'm gonna start mailing it in like Lance & Kris do going forward!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 27th, 2022, 12:08 AM
Kris and Lance you starting some controversy now? xlolx

https://twitter.com/qumungis/status/1582854902568865793

Preferred Walk-On
October 29th, 2022, 08:08 AM
Great shows this week.

Ranking the show participants:
1. Mika
2t. The greatest producer of all FCS-related podcasts - loved ending with the Safety Dance (and I am sure Weber State fans did as well)
2t. The SoCon hater - only gripe might be to treat SOS (and Massey ratings) equally both ways. For example, NDSU lost to a P5 and the #1 team by a total of 5 pt. That's it. So I just don't get any gripes about NDSU being 1 spot above Weber, just because they haven't had a "signature" win. It's hard when you ARE the "signature" win.
2t. The Dual-Threat - quick question for you (and Kris): Since SIU just lost to USD, how are SEMO and UTM really any different? One was mentioned as not worthy of Top 20 and the other was mentioned to be in seed contention. Just food for thought.

As always, thank you for doing these shows. I look forward to listening every week.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 29th, 2022, 01:50 PM
God damn Mika! She plays a soft schedule and gets rewarded!

Preferred Walk-On
October 29th, 2022, 06:40 PM
God damn Mika! She plays a soft schedule and gets rewarded!

She’s the Jackson State of FCS Wedge podcasts.

kalm
October 31st, 2022, 12:05 PM
Great shows this week.

Ranking the show participants:
1. Mika
2t. The greatest producer of all FCS-related podcasts - loved ending with the Safety Dance (and I am sure Weber State fans did as well)
2t. The SoCon hater - only gripe might be to treat SOS (and Massey ratings) equally both ways. For example, NDSU lost to a P5 and the #1 team by a total of 5 pt. That's it. So I just don't get any gripes about NDSU being 1 spot above Weber, just because they haven't had a "signature" win. It's hard when you ARE the "signature" win.
2t. The Dual-Threat - quick question for you (and Kris): Since SIU just lost to USD, how are SEMO and UTM really any different? One was mentioned as not worthy of Top 20 and the other was mentioned to be in seed contention. Just food for thought.

As always, thank you for doing these shows. I look forward to listening every week.

Thanks, PWO!

Fair point on NDSU. Might be guilty of expecting more after the Bizon set a really high bar. I moved them ahead of Weber this week.

SEMO's win over SIU is still better than any on UTM's schedule. But they're super close.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 8th, 2022, 01:44 PM
We are going to be on a Thurs. Friday release this week with the two pod's this week.

MSUBobcat
November 9th, 2022, 03:08 PM
We are going to be on a Thurs. Friday release this week with the two pod's this week.

What the.... How DARE you people delay the content that I pay zero dollars for! Keep this up and I'll take my business elsewhere!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 10th, 2022, 01:36 PM
What the.... How DARE you people delay the content that I pay zero dollars for! Keep this up and I'll take my business elsewhere!

I know man, I'll try to tighten it all up! Weird thing is I put this last episode up to distribute at 2:00a this morning and I don't see it in google pod feed at all. I went and looked in apple, don't see it there either.

Anyone else having that trouble?

Here is the link that the rss feed is attached to that goes out and I can see and play that one but don't know why it isn't out.

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2022/11/10/239-2022-1109--wk10-review

Can anyone play it from there as well or is it an admin thing and only I can play it?

Chalupa Batman
November 10th, 2022, 02:20 PM
I know man, I'll try to tighten it all up! Weird thing is I put this last episode up to distribute at 2:00a this morning and I don't see it in google pod feed at all. I went and looked in apple, don't see it there either.

Anyone else having that trouble?

Here is the link that the rss feed is attached to that goes out and I can see and play that one but don't know why it isn't out.

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2022/11/10/239-2022-1109--wk10-review

Can anyone play it from there as well or is it an admin thing and only I can play it?

I can play from the link, and it’s showing up in both Apple & Google podcasts for me as well.

Catbooster
November 10th, 2022, 03:33 PM
I don't think I had it in my feed this morning before work, but it was there on my phone when I went to a late lunch.

Preferred Walk-On
November 10th, 2022, 05:09 PM
It is in my Apple Podcast list. Plan on giving it a listen this evening.

MSUBobcat
November 10th, 2022, 05:45 PM
I also looked this morning and didn't see it, but now it says it's been up for 14 hours which would be around 3 am. I listen while I blow this white stuff.... off my driveway.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2022, 01:22 AM
I don't think I had it in my feed this morning before work, but it was there on my phone when I went to a late lunch.

Same thing with me. I always just schedule it to go out a 2a when I hit the rack the night before so it's out there for anyone the next morning whenever they get going. We used to have a listener on the Acela train (I think it was that one) on the E Coast so I figured that would be a good time to launch for annoyed but damn when I get rolling on this side of the country and it ain't out there I start scrambling for the ol' what did I F up already today thing.

And yes,I am just now loading tomorrow's up so hope it is there when I wake up around noon or whatever. xlolx

kalm
November 11th, 2022, 10:09 AM
Lance and I are never privy to Troy's editing and outro music selections so easter eggs and songs are surprises for us as well. This week's outro song was a true gem!

xlolxxlolxxlolx

Preferred Walk-On
November 11th, 2022, 10:39 AM
Same thing with me. I always just schedule it to go out a 2a when I hit the rack the night before so it's out there for anyone the next morning whenever they get going. We used to have a listener on the Acela train (I think it was that one) on the E Coast so I figured that would be a good time to launch for annoyed but damn when I get rolling on this side of the country and it ain't out there I start scrambling for the ol' what did I F up already today thing.

And yes,I am just now loading tomorrow's up so hope it is there when I wake up around noon or whatever. xlolx

Just wanted to let you know it is 10:37 AM Fargo time, and the Week 11 Preview has not yet shown up in my Apple Podcasts. Not sure if it is a “me” problem or not, but figured I’d let you know.

MSUBobcat
November 11th, 2022, 12:29 PM
Still not seeing the Week 11 Preview on the google podcast.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Lance and I are never privy to Troy's editing and outro music selections so easter eggs and songs are surprises for us as well. This week's outro song was a true gem!

xlolxxlolxxlolx
It was pure luck too that Lance actually mentioned dreams being crushed or something like that as I was going with that one before hearing the shutdown you two did.

Did you like the movie clip from the cult classic 70's movie as well? The movie doesn't hold up but the irritating chant sure does.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Just wanted to let you know it is 10:37 AM Fargo time, and the Week 11 Preview has not yet shown up in my Apple Podcasts. Not sure if it is a “me” problem or not, but figured I’d let you know.

Yeah it is not up anywhere or at least on google as is mentioned above. I don't know why it is ass dragging this week but both episodes are very slow to distribute for some reason. I contacted our host and they just said it's not on thes, it's on the other platforms. I know Apple is always slower than google on putting them out but this is really late for both at this point.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2022, 06:00 PM
Here is the link from the source again where it has been up for a long time now.

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2022/11/11/240-2022-1110--wk11-preview

MSUBobcat
November 11th, 2022, 07:40 PM
Here is the link from the source again where it has been up for a long time now.

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2022/11/11/240-2022-1110--wk11-preview

Verified. I'll listen at first intermission between UND-DU hockey, but before Sac-PSU. I'll keep my (free) subscription.... for now.

Preferred Walk-On
November 12th, 2022, 12:13 PM
Listened to the show this morning at the link. Still not on Apple Podcasts, but, “Oh well”. I’ll find you guys wherever you may be. Hope Mika is enjoying her bye weekend, and I’m sure UNI will find a way to be 6-5 and in the conversation. Also, I appreciated Lance reminding us of how NDSU got boat-raced, annihilated, stomped, embarrassed. However, the word is “slaughtered”…it will always be slaughtered. Please don’t stop being you. ;)

MTfan4life
November 15th, 2022, 11:59 AM
She’s the Jackson State of FCS Wedge podcasts.

Double meaning intended? xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2022, 11:40 AM
Looks like there might be a slow rss feed problem again with Google pod and Apple so here is the direct link again.

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2022/11/16/241-2022-1116--wk11-review

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2022, 03:57 PM
241 rolled up on google finally but 242 has not shown it's face yet. So here is a direct link I just tweeted.

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2022/11/17/242-2022-1117--wk12-preview

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2022, 07:45 PM
242 Just showed up and it is the Wk12 Preview.
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2022/11/17/242-2022-1117--wk12-preview

243 Playoff talk with the Prof.
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2022/11/18/243-2022-1118--wk12-playoff-prognostichaostions

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2022, 12:28 PM
Great shows as always, fellas. Love the South Park outro for PC.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2022, 07:59 PM
Great shows as always, fellas. Love the South Park outro for PC.

Yeah, he really had something to say there didn't he? xlolx

Preferred Walk-On
November 19th, 2022, 08:39 PM
242 Just showed up and it is the Wk12 Preview.

243 Playoff talk with the Prof.
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2022/11/18/243-2022-1118--wk12-playoff-prognostichaostions

Thanks fellas for the great shows this week. Always enjoy Professor Chaos and his rational insights. But I do have to say that I enjoyed the outro for the Week 12 Preview show. Rivalry by Airbourne...awesome!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 22nd, 2022, 02:35 PM
Thanks fellas for the great shows this week. Always enjoy Professor Chaos and his rational insights. But I do have to say that I enjoyed the outro for the Week 12 Preview show. Rivalry by Airbourne...awesome!

Yeah man, that one fit in real well. Thanks for the input PWO.

Preferred Walk-On
November 25th, 2022, 04:01 PM
Just finished the Week 12 Review show. I thought there were some very good points made, and some that I disagree with (which, of course, doesn't really matter).

1. The point about Delaware not getting the Chattanooga treatment was an interesting one (and I agree).

2. The point about Chattanooga sinking the SoCon was I think, spot on. The only exception I had was I feel like Mercer could (should?) have replaced either Delaware or Montana, even with the Chattanooga loss, but it is a real toss-up.

3. The point about how nobody can believe that Montana State was seeded below North Dakota State is I think way overblown (and incorrect). This discussion seemed to center on Oregon State, and the mention that they were 8-3 vs. Arizona, who is 4-7...and that the Bobcats were undefeated in FCS play. Unfortunately, Arizona and Oregon State did not play each other. When it comes to common opponents, Arizona and Oregon State fared as follows:

OSU lost to USC by 3 (14-17); Arizona lost to USC by 8 (37-45)
OSU lost @ Utah by 26 (16-42); Arizona lost to Utah by 25 (20-45)
OSU beat Washington State by 14 (24-10); Arizona lost to Washington State by 11 (20-31)
OSU beat Colorado by 33 (42-9); Arizona beat Colorado by 23 (43-20)
OSU lost @ Washington (21-24); Arizona lost @ Washington by 10 (39-49)
OSU beat California by 28 (38-10); Arizona lost @ California by 18 (31-49)
OSU beat Arizona State by 24 (31-7); Arizona is playing Arizona State right now (up 10-7 in 2nd Qtr)
OSU plays Oregon; Arizona lost to Oregon by 23 (20-43)

What does all this mean (please forgive the transitive analysis and thinking out loud)? It indicates to me that while Oregon State probably beats NDSU, Arizona probably also beats Montana State. So then what do you have? Well, NDSU lost to the #1 seed, and MSU did not play the #2 seed. That's it. Undefeated in FCS likely lies on who they didn't play as much as it lies on who they did. If you want to argue Montana State above North Dakota State, fine, but then you also need to devalue SDSU as a #1 seed (since they only beat inferior NDSU, and UC Davis, by 2). Oh, and SDSU lost their FBS game, whereas Sac St won theirs (apples and oranges a bit?). I would have been fine with (1) Sac St, (2) SDSU, (3) MSU, and (4) NDSU, but I am disappointed hearing about MSU/NDSU without mention of the Sac St/SDSU seeds. The MSU/NDSU take is a miss in my opinion without a broader analysis. In the end, the seeding is no different than that I mentioned above (home teams get home games and others are at home until they ain't). As for talk about other teams being seeded above NDSU based on undefeated FCS...child please. ;)

4. Kris, I wanted you (as I think Lance did as well) to stick to your guns on Rhode Island. I know it might have been tough sledding, but I don't think they were less deserving of being in than some other 7-4's.

5. The point about UND and about how if they had lost that UNI might have snuck in was an interesting one. On the one hand, UNI was 6-5 (I think someone might have mentioned them as 7-4) and had lost to UND, so UND losing might have hurt this a bit; however, UNI was 4-1 in their last 5 games, losing only to the #1 seed by 3 pt (under interesting circumstances). UC Davis was also 6-5 with a 5-1 record down the stretch, losing only to the #2 seed by 6 pt. I wonder if the universe would have imploded if two 7-4 teams were replaced with two 6-5 teams, both trending up to end the season vs. the 7-4 teams trending down. I am pretty sure AGS would have imploded, but is it really that far-fetched?

Looking forward to listening to the Round 1 Preview show this evening. Thanks again, Kris, Lance, Tim, Troy, and of course, Mieke.

MTfan4life
November 26th, 2022, 01:53 AM
J

UC-Davis's worst loss was to AGS #8 Weber State. Their best win was against #16 Idaho. Northern Iowa's worst loss was to Illinois State and their best win was....maybe Southern Illinois or Missouri State? I just can't put those two in the same light as a deserving 6-5 team. If you're going to get in at 6-5, you need losses exclusively to playoff teams along with a ranked win or two.

You're going way too deep into Oregon State and Arizona. Plus, Oregon State has a really good Especially based on results against FCS teams. No two FBS/FCS games are comparable. Gardner-Webb almost beat Coastal Carolina and I'd take Coastal over Arizona. That doesn't mean Gardner-Webb is even in the same boat as NDSU. Montana State passes the eye test as much as any other team except maybe SDSU. Weber beat Utah State by 28. Utah State beat Air Force, who annihilated Northern Iowa. But when all is said and done, Air Force would probably beat Weber State more often than not. And I wouldn't guarantee Arizona would beat MSU. Oregon State has the best run defense in the Pac-12 while Arizona's run defense flat-out sucks and NDSU mostly outplayed them. NDSU was just far too one-dimensional with the play calling almost making it a point to not give game-tape to other teams down the line. Either that or they greatly didn't trust Cam and their still very new receiving corps at that point. They didn't set him up with a single improv pass play that game. That's neither here nor there, though.

My point with NDSU is that while they had really good losses, that was about it. The Valley fell flat on their faces and NDSU didn't even get to play UNI, arguably the third best team. UND was kind of a paper tiger getting their big wins early on. I think if they played UNI later in the year, things would have gone differently, and that's NDSU's best win. The #3 seeded team had one win over a team ranked in the final AGS poll. That's the type of resume NDSU fans DRILLED Sam Houston fans for years and years. Getting a BS seed despite having minimal ranked wins. How dare they judge Sam Houston on the eye test, people would exclaim from the top of the Radisson!?!?! They didn't beat anybody!!!! The shoe is finally on the other foot and it's been very Sam Houston like here on these boards the last week or so. In my opinion, the eye test has NDSU as one of the best teams in the country. But on paper, unfortunately the teams they beat sh** the bed this season. It's as simple as that.

P.S. You lift up Kris's comments WAY too much!! Do you even listen to the show!?!? xsmiley_wixxlolx Thanks for all the feedback!

Preferred Walk-On
November 26th, 2022, 10:36 AM
UC-Davis's worst loss was to AGS #8 Weber State. Their best win was against #16 Idaho. Northern Iowa's worst loss was to Illinois State and their best win was....maybe Southern Illinois or Missouri State? I just can't put those two in the same light as a deserving 6-5 team. If you're going to get in at 6-5, you need losses exclusively to playoff teams along with a ranked win or two.

I was totally going for a hypothetical where the two teams that were better down the stretch than most of the 7-4 teams, and especially the 7-4 teams that got in, were maybe as deserving. I totally get the 6-5 record, but they did play in the two toughest conferences. It was really more food-for-thought than anything.

You're going way too deep into Oregon State and Arizona. Plus, Oregon State has a really good Especially based on results against FCS teams. No two FBS/FCS games are comparable. Gardner-Webb almost beat Coastal Carolina and I'd take Coastal over Arizona. That doesn't mean Gardner-Webb is even in the same boat as NDSU. Montana State passes the eye test as much as any other team except maybe SDSU. Weber beat Utah State by 28. Utah State beat Air Force, who annihilated Northern Iowa. But when all is said and done, Air Force would probably beat Weber State more often than not. And I wouldn't guarantee Arizona would beat MSU. Oregon State has the best run defense in the Pac-12 while Arizona's run defense flat-out sucks and NDSU mostly outplayed them. NDSU was just far too one-dimensional with the play calling almost making it a point to not give game-tape to other teams down the line. Either that or they greatly didn't trust Cam and their still very new receiving corps at that point. They didn't set him up with a single improv pass play that game. That's neither here nor there, though.

My point with NDSU is that while they had really good losses, that was about it. The Valley fell flat on their faces and NDSU didn't even get to play UNI, arguably the third best team. UND was kind of a paper tiger getting their big wins early on. I think if they played UNI later in the year, things would have gone differently, and that's NDSU's best win. The #3 seeded team had one win over a team ranked in the final AGS poll. That's the type of resume NDSU fans DRILLED Sam Houston fans for years and years. Getting a BS seed despite having minimal ranked wins. How dare they judge Sam Houston on the eye test, people would exclaim from the top of the Radisson!?!?! They didn't beat anybody!!!! The shoe is finally on the other foot and it's been very Sam Houston like here on these boards the last week or so. In my opinion, the eye test has NDSU as one of the best teams in the country. But on paper, unfortunately the teams they beat sh** the bed this season. It's as simple as that.

First, if FCS v. FBS games were not comparable, then one should never even consider the opponent...all FBS wins are equal. I know you don't really believe that.

Second, the Missouri Valley was the #1 ranked conference according to Massey (https://masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings?c=1), so the Valley falling flat on their faces is an overstatement. You also mention UNI as a "good" opponent that NDSU missed, and this is only a few sentences after crapping on UNI as a 6-5 team. Which is it? Also, NDSU did beat a playoff team and had no other losses than to the #1 seed (again, MSU did not play the #2 seed, so it is hard, nay impossible, to take a loss there...addition by subtraction, I guess).

Finally, I probably rambled on too much about NDSU/MSU, so I'll cut to the chase. I would have had no problem with MSU @ 3, but then one also needed to have Sac St @ 1 and SDSU @ 2 (oh, and NDSU @ 4). After all, SDSU really didn't beat anyone either, and if NDSU is @ 4, then SDSU's best win is really not even that great (I am exaggerating, of course). The point, one cannot bitch about NDSU/MSU, ignore SDSU/Sac St, and still consider their logic congruent. It is not. If you would have railed a bit more on the #1/2 seeds (which to your credit, you have inferred in the past few weeks), then I probably would not have even commented; however, it seems trendy to bash on NDSU a bit right now, smelling some blood in the water to do so. Hell, even Craig Haley did this in the selection show. I get it, but it doesn't make it correct.

Finally, finally, the MVFC is NOT the Southland (and I have always been a big proponent of Sam Houston's success in the past...check the AGS record). This is part of the currently fashionable NDSU/NDSU fan bashing (you indicated that "the shoe is on the other foot"). This is a discussion forum, so I am completely fine with it, but don't think it isn't a little twisting the knife simply for twisting sake, especially since it involves a 9-2 team...with a single FCS loss...to the #1 seed...in the highest rated conference...which is still called out as not beating anyone.

P.S. You lift up Kris's comments WAY too much!! Do you even listen to the show!?!? xsmiley_wixxlolx Thanks for all the feedback!

I'll try to do better. ;) But I do want to say that even though I disagree with you guys on some takes, I respect all the work you put into it, and the output that results. I have tried listening to other FCS podcasts, and I just don't think they nail the FCS like you guys do. So even though I am disagreeing above, I can respect your opinions...except when Kris refers to "washers" being better than "cornhole". That's just dumb. ;)

MSUBobcat
December 1st, 2022, 12:25 PM
Another great show, gents. Lance said what I (and probably many) have said about Ifanse's return - he was probably ready for the UM game and maybe even earlier, but once his decision to return next year was made, it only made sense to hold him back.

Pssst... Lance, it's pronounced if-AWN-say. I've notice you omit the long "a" at the end.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2022, 12:50 PM
Another great show, gents. Lance said what I (and probably many) have said about Ifanse's return - he was probably ready for the UM game and maybe even earlier, but once his decision to return next year was made, it only made sense to hold him back.

Pssst... Lance, it's pronounced if-AWN-say. I've notice you omit the long "a" at the end.

He's got some Minnesota roots so he has some interesting voacality to listen to. xlolx

I think we all hear things a bit differently as well because I've always heard it (much less than you of course) as uhFAWN-sau but either way that dude is just more fuel in the tank for the Cats.

MTfan4life
December 2nd, 2022, 04:07 AM

https://youtu.be/c8XiOdGZ-TI?t=69

Skip ahead to the 1 minute mark. xthumbsupx

MSUBobcat
December 14th, 2022, 11:31 AM
Man... excitement and disappointment all in one. Check the podcast site... NICE! A new podcast is already up. xsmileyclapx But wait... we only get ONE SHOW this week?!? xflamemadx

Edit to comment on the last show: Lance, I don't know why you thought I'd email you hate mail about our passing game. I have been consistently fervent in my belief that we shouldn't be passing the ball more than 20-25% of our plays. Other than catching them by surprise with PA, our passing game doesn't look all that great. Our O line is crushing it... stick to your strength and stop being cute (which Housewright has seemed to do since the NAU debacle).

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2022, 01:56 PM
Man... excitement and disappointment all in one. Check the podcast site... NICE! A new podcast is already up. xsmileyclapx But wait... we only get ONE SHOW this week?!? xflamemadx

Edit to comment on the last show: Lance, I don't know why you thought I'd email you hate mail about our passing game. I have been consistently fervent in my belief that we shouldn't be passing the ball more than 20-25% of our plays. Other than catching them by surprise with PA, our passing game doesn't look all that great. Our O line is crushing it... stick to your strength and stop being cute (which Housewright has seemed to do since the NAU debacle).

Well, I told them with only 6 total games it seemed unnecessary to break it into two casts but with the extra content the provided outside the normal podcast it actually did turn into about the same amount of minutes as the normal two show week so you weren't really shorted but I also like the two shows cuz when I see a podcast that is an hour long I normally think...maybe later, I ain't got that investment right now. xlolx

Then I go and que up 10 or som 15 and 20 minute podcasts...really makes a lot of sense...

Catbooster
December 14th, 2022, 02:22 PM
Well, I told them with only 6 total games it seemed unnecessary to break it into two casts but with the extra content the provided outside the normal podcast it actually did turn into about the same amount of minutes as the normal two show week so you weren't really shorted but I also like the two shows cuz when I see a podcast that is an hour long I normally think...maybe later, I ain't got that investment right now. xlolx

Then I go and que up 10 or som 15 and 20 minute podcasts...really makes a lot of sense...
I do the same thing. Shorter podcasts get listened to first, in general, but it can add up to a long time depending on what I'm doing.

Is it safe to assume you're not listening to all of the Griz Fan Podcasts?

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2022, 03:49 PM
I do the same thing. Shorter podcasts get listened to first, in general, but it can add up to a long time depending on what I'm doing.

Is it safe to assume you're not listening to all of the Griz Fan Podcasts?

It is. I only listen to this one as far as FCS or any sports at all. How many are there? If you are talking about Riley...Griz Den then I retract the former statement because I do listen to those once in a while if I miss the live broadcast, which I do quite often this year.

MSUBobcat
December 14th, 2022, 04:14 PM

You must be a better employee than me. I listen at work. And spend way too much time posting on the forum. Got a bit behind at work and spaced out our payroll tax deposit for last week's payroll. Will be getting a letter from the IRS again. Never been "fined" for depositing a day late tho, just "try harder next time".

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2022, 04:32 PM
You must be a better employee than me. I listen at work. And spend way too much time posting on the forum. Got a bit behind at work and spaced out our payroll tax deposit for last week's payroll. Will be getting a letter from the IRS again. Never been "fined" for depositing a day late tho, just "try harder next time".

I'm an owner and have done that very thing where the 15th comes up on one business and then on another the next Wed. after payroll rolls around and you go "HOLY ****, HOW MANY F'N REMINDERS DO I NEED!" xlolx

Same exact thing, get a letter sent and they say the same thing. Happens about once a year for me, and I dread the hell out of it cuz I ain't real easy on myself when I miss anything, especially that. Not a CPA but do all the cost accounting sorts of functions and tax preps for quite a few (for one guy) businesses. Work from home and listen all day long to either Sirius or Podcasts. I mean if they count listening to other stuff as a bad employee then America is in trouble. xlolx

But, I still like busting through the shorter stuff first as far as podcasts. Really makes me feel like I'm achieving something. Think of it as lining up all the 940 payments before moving on to the 941's.:D

MSUBobcat
December 14th, 2022, 06:20 PM
I'm an owner and have done that very thing where the 15th comes up on one business and then on another the next Wed. after payroll rolls around and you go "HOLY ****, HOW MANY F'N REMINDERS DO I NEED!" xlolx

Same exact thing, get a letter sent and they say the same thing. Happens about once a year for me, and I dread the hell out of it cuz I ain't real easy on myself when I miss anything, especially that. Not a CPA but do all the cost accounting sorts of functions and tax preps for quite a few (for one guy) businesses. Work from home and listen all day long to either Sirius or Podcasts. I mean if they count listening to other stuff as a bad employee then America is in trouble. xlolx

But, I still like busting through the shorter stuff first as far as podcasts. Really makes me feel like I'm achieving something. Think of it as lining up all the 940 payments before moving on to the 941's.:D

I'm also very hard on myself because I get angry when other people do dumb ****. And I also miss about 1 deposit per year. We are in the construction industry and occasionally do government-funded project, which require weekly instead of bi-weekly payroll for those employees. It is almost always those little ones I miss. I catch it the next week when I do the deposit for the full payroll and the amount for that check run doesn't take the liability account to zero (another thing I'm OCD about). I could add that midweek to the regular one, and no one would ever be the wiser, but... it's just a letter for punishment.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 15th, 2022, 05:45 PM
I'm also very hard on myself because I get angry when other people do dumb ****. And I also miss about 1 deposit per year. We are in the construction industry and occasionally do government-funded project, which require weekly instead of bi-weekly payroll for those employees. It is almost always those little ones I miss. I catch it the next week when I do the deposit for the full payroll and the amount for that check run doesn't take the liability account to zero (another thing I'm OCD about). I could add that midweek to the regular one, and no one would ever be the wiser, but... it's just a letter for punishment.

It's all still easier than editing and learning about equipment I don't even have, to help Kris out.:D

Chalupa Batman
January 5th, 2023, 09:20 AM
Another great show guys. And I got called out by name!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Fv6vMdP1XbUru/giphy.gif

Catbooster
January 5th, 2023, 11:14 AM
Another great show guys. And I got called out by name!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Fv6vMdP1XbUru/giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw8LDMOiOko

As always, nice job. Don't know what I'll do without this show again in the offseason - Never going to give you up. xdrunkyx

Preferred Walk-On
January 6th, 2023, 04:46 PM
Traveling to Frisco today, so the podcast was a welcome listen. Thanks for all the hard work you put into the podcasts all year. I know I learn a lot about the FCS that I might not pay as much attention to, and I always appreciate your takes, even if they are usually wrong, Lance. ;)

The above said, I don't really have much to argue with this week. SDSU is favored (and should be for the reasons mentioned), but there are some things to be said for culture, experience, and rivalries that just cannot be accounted for easily. One of the things about rivals is that they are usually so, because they are both usually in contention for a title (whether it be conference or national) and have to go through the other to get it. This game is also kind of a "coming full circle" moment, as both teams came in to FCS together, both have been at the top of the conference most years, and both have a mutual respect for one another (maybe?, at least if one is being honest). I really think this is going to be a white-knuckle game for its entirety, and I am really looking forward to it.

Couple of points:

1. Kris, I appreciate your soliloquy-like approach to answering Lance's questions. Don't stop. Sometimes in the meandering of your thoughts, some gems come out, and it just works.
2. Lance, all kidding aside, I do appreciate your takes...and the fact that you are stubborn-as-f*** when it comes to compromising them. It makes the listener think, and if nothing else, is highly entertaining.
3. Mieke is exactly like the team she roots for (UNI). Just when you think they are out of it, BOOM, they make the playoffs. Mieke, congratulations on this year's title (again, with NO posts - spot on Troy, spot on). ;)
4. Thanks for the shoutout as well. I may put together the How They Fared, but it clearly has not helped me in Lance's AGS Pick 'Em (or really any other games this year).

Happy New Year, Fellas!...and Go Bison!!!

Preferred Walk-On
January 6th, 2023, 04:55 PM
Oh, and Doug Baldwin? Lance, the funny part about that was I knew exactly who you were referring to, even though I was also thinking Seahawks WR? Kris, I think it was one of those “power plays” where the person always says the other’s incorrectly, right Larry?

SUPharmacist
January 8th, 2023, 04:50 PM
Thanks for all you guys do. Hoping you find the time to do it again next year.