PDA

View Full Version : GENERAL HELP WITH AGS SITE

MUHAWKS
September 6th, 2022, 07:29 PM
I knew about PM's ad have partaken in a few over the years but I just saw some notification thing that led me to "reputation comments" with what seemed to be one liners replying to various posts. But I could not reply and now I cannot even find them???? Can anyone explain all this to me and should I be doing the same to others and if so how? I feel like I have bee on this board for years but very spotty but no clue about this stuff. Thanks and apologies in advance for someone bored enough to help the idiot..Got me thinking I should probably make some sort of donation since I am on this thing every day even if just browsing.. If someone wants to fill me in there as well.. Thx Fellas..

MUHAWKS
September 6th, 2022, 07:46 PM
I FIGURED IT OUT...DID A SEARCH ON SITE AND GOT IT.. MY BAD..

MSUBobcat
September 6th, 2022, 07:50 PM
I knew about PM's ad have partaken in a few over the years but I just saw some notification thing that led me to "reputation comments" with what seemed to be one liners replying to various posts. But I could not reply and now I cannot even find them???? Can anyone explain all this to me and should I be doing the same to others and if so how? I feel like I have bee on this board for years but very spotty but no clue about this stuff. Thanks and apologies in advance for someone bored enough to help the idiot..Got me thinking I should probably make some sort of donation since I am on this thing every day even if just browsing.. If someone wants to fill me in there as well.. Thx Fellas..

Those are when someone gives you reputation points. It's what adds to your little green bar. You don't necessarily have to leave a comment and you can be neg repped if someone is feeling sensitive. I believe the higher the rating of the person giving the reputation, the more it adds. Typically, a red reputation meter is all you gotta concern yourself with. To give it out, click the little star below the persons "Post count" next to the triangle with the "!" Then, you have to give it to a certain number of posters before you can give them rep points again, which is where you'll see this comment:
xoutofrepx

MUHAWKS
September 6th, 2022, 07:56 PM
Those are when someone gives you reputation points. It's what adds to your little green bar. You don't necessarily have to leave a comment and you can be neg repped if someone is feeling sensitive. I believe the higher the rating of the person giving the reputation, the more it adds. Typically, a red reputation meter is all you gotta concern yourself with. To give it out, click the little star below the persons "Post count" next to the triangle with the "!" Then, you have to give it to a certain number of posters before you can give them rep points again, which is where you'll see this comment:
xoutofrepx

dude thank you so much! perfect synopsis.. I didn't even notice the green bar... appreciate this..

ElCid
September 6th, 2022, 08:23 PM
dude thank you so much! perfect synopsis.. I didn't even notice the green bar... appreciate this..

FYI, you can't see the green, or red, bar in mobile mode, just full site mode. And you can't give reps in mobile mode, just full mode.

FUBeAR
September 6th, 2022, 08:28 PM
FYI, you can't see the green, or red, bar in mobile mode, just full site mode. And you can't give reps in mobile mode, just full mode.
You can’t see whether the bar is green or red in color blind mode, which is FUBeAR’s only operating system. Always just assumed those little blocks are glowing red…right?

MR. CHICKEN
September 6th, 2022, 08:36 PM

THEY ARE IN SETTINGS...TOP RIGHT HAND O' PAGE......NEXT TA LOG OUT......YOU'LL SEE TOTAL REPPIES YOU'VE EARNED THERE AS WELL.....AWK!

AMOUNT OF REPPIES...IS EITHER DETERMINED BAH POSTER LONGEVITY OR POST COUNT....NOT SURE WHICH....IE....YOUSE REP ME....AH GET UH FEW...AH REP YOU......YOU GET DUH MOTHER LODE......DOODLE-DOO!

MR. CHICKEN
September 6th, 2022, 09:18 PM
BRINGS UP COUPLE UH INTERESTIN' QUESTIONS.......WHOM ON AGS...HAS DUH MOST REPPIES....??.........IS DERE UH PLACE TA SEE EVERAH-ONES REPPIES COUNT...??............AWK?

CAN ANYONE BEAT.......37,606.......???

caribbeanhen
September 6th, 2022, 09:33 PM
You can’t see whether the bar is green or red in color blind mode, which is FUBeAR’s only operating system. Always just assumed those little blocks are glowing red…right?

Well you and I could play the deaf and blind kid we just gotta find somebody to play the dummy

FUBeAR
September 6th, 2022, 10:00 PM
Well you and I could play the deaf and blind kid we just gotta find somebody to play the dummy
https://c.tenor.com/3gB2c_jiHzgAAAAC/tommy-the-who.gif

OhioHen
September 7th, 2022, 06:49 AM
I'm sure we could come up with a list of posters we'd like to have STFU.

MR. CHICKEN
September 7th, 2022, 07:02 AM

....EMOJI'S......ARE QUITE FUN...........YOU CAN CONVEY ALOT...WHIFF 'EM.......MAH GO TO'S.......TA MAKE UH POINT.........xstfux............BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
September 7th, 2022, 09:35 AM

go for it

MSUBobcat
September 7th, 2022, 10:19 AM

I'd have a pretty tough time with that actually. Pretty much everyone is tolerable. Even Hooty is entertaining AF, albeit a bit bombastic. I even respect that he typically will come and eat crow when they piss their pants.

FUBeAR
September 7th, 2022, 10:23 AM
I'd have a pretty tough time with that actually. Pretty much everyone is tolerable. Even Hooty is entertaining AF, albeit a bit bombastic. I even respect that he typically will come and eat crow when they piss their pants.
Hooty, like Chattttttttown before him, is a national treasure.

MSUBobcat
September 7th, 2022, 11:36 AM
Hooty, like Chattttttttown before him, is a national treasure.

Hahaha. Who doesn't miss Chatty? Countless hours of entertainment. Chattown didn't return to eat crow though. He usually disappeared into the offseason. Usually around mid-season.....