Fordham
VMI
Temple
Georgetown
Holy Cross

crusader11
September 5th, 2022, 10:29 AM
7-0 last week. Here goes...

Colgate (0-1) at Maine (0-1) -- Before the season, I'd have picked Maine to win. But, they looked really bad against a New Mexico team that's picked to finish in the basement of the MWC. Colgate didn't show us much against Stanford, but they didn't embarrass themselves and hung in there for the most part. PL homer in me will take them in a slight upset.

Fordham (1-0) at Monmouth (0-1) -- Didn't like what I saw in too much of Fordham's game against Wagner (mostly on the defensive side), and I don't think that gets cleaned up in a week. I also don't have much confidence in Joe Conlin. Going with the home club.

Bucknell (0-1) at VMI (0-1) -- Just not enough offense for Bucknell to win what should be a winnable game.

Lafayette (1-0) at Temple (0-1) -- See above. Temple looks really bad, but doesn't look like Lafayette is capable scoring 20+ points needed to win this game.

Lehigh (0-1) at Georgetown (1-0) -- I actually saw more good than bad for Lehigh against 'Nova. At least their offense seemed to have a bit of life. Gilmore absolutely needs this game. If he doesn't get it, the pitchforks are out again (in fact, they haven't gone away).

Holy Cross (1-0) at Buffalo (0-1) -- Watched a good chunk of UB's game at Maryland. Didn't come away impressed. This is a very realistic game for HC. They need to be much sharper than they were against Merrimack. But I think if they're at their best, this is a win.

Pards Rule
September 5th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Whats the spread on Temple game?

crusader11
September 5th, 2022, 02:02 PM
Whats the spread on Temple game?

FCS lines (even when it's FBS v. FCS) typically aren't released later into the week.

My guess is it'll be Temple -21.5.

The Cats
September 5th, 2022, 02:21 PM
Colgate (0-1) at Maine (0-1), 1 pm
Fordham (1-0) at Monmouth (0-1), 1 pm
Bucknell (0-1) at VMI (0-1), 1:30 pm
Lafayette (1-0) at Temple (0-1), 2 pm
Lehigh (0-1) at Georgetown (1-0), 5 pm
Holy Cross (1-0) at Buffalo (0-1), 6 pm

TheValleyRaider
September 5th, 2022, 06:12 PM
6-1 to start the season. Let's focus on the 6 rather than the 1, so I'll pat myself on the back for the (bold) Lafayette and (less bold) Georgetown picks. Biggest improvements tend to come from Week 1 to Week 2, so let's hope that's true for yours truly as well as our clubs.

Colgate at Maine Colgate The Raiders take a cross-country trip, heading from California to Maine. The Road Raiders ride again! Maine is definitely a step down in competition from the Pac-12 (even a mediocre one like Stanford), and this is Colgate's first of two trips to Orono in a 2-for-1 for a home game in 2019. I actually thought we played pretty well in that game against a decent (not great) Maine side, especially impressive given we went 4-8. No interest in moral victories here, are we really improved enough to snag a road CAA win?

Fordham at Monmouth Monmouth Another rematch, this time from a close one in the Bronx in 2021. Now heading into Jersey, are the Rams improved enough to flip the script? They'll need to be better than in Week 1, and I'm not sure that is enough.

Bucknell at VMI VMI Good showing from the Bison to keep close, oh so close, to Towson. Maybe should have gone for 2 in OT, but perhaps their defense has found some footing. The offense, though, still going to need some work. Speaking of rematches, the Bison went 3-1 against the Keydets in a series from 2013-16, though this looks like a more formidable VMI program.

Lafayette at Temple Temple Nice win for Lafayette, and now a short bus ride to Broad Street and the FBS Owls. Temple is not good, but maybe they are better than Sacred Heart. Lafayette brings a good defense, but can we really trust them to score enough for an upset? Can we ever really trust Lafayette?

Lehigh at Georgetown Lehigh Villanova might as well be an FBS game for the Hawks given how that series has gone, especially recently. Almost as familiar a foe as a conference-mate in Georgetown. Likewise this is a pretty lopsided series, the Hoyas only winning once all time. It was not last year against a truly dreadful Lehigh team, so if the Hawks are better than last year (certainly better than at the start of last season), I expect that trend to continue as well.

Holy Cross at Buffalo Buffalo Holy Cross continues to improve as a program, and now looks for their second straight FBS win against the Bulls. Buffalo, though not a great program, is definitely better than the UConn team HC beat last year. Buffalo has handled its FCS opponents in recent years, though the Crusaders are probably the best they will have faced.

ngineer
September 5th, 2022, 10:36 PM
Raiders going to the other extreme of the country and this time find something 'bearable'...Raiders, 21-17

Rams roll down to Joysea. Not a day at the beach. Goes down to the wire and homers eke out a win, 28-27

Bucky gets to show how plucky they have become. Based on the heart shown last week, Bison capable of the upset, BU 17-14

Pards defense was impressive, but if the O cannot move and give the D some rest, it could be a long night, which Owls like. Temple 24-9

'saders shuffle off to Lake Erie, where the results could be scary. Cross has a ghost of a chance, but Buffalo has more spirits...31-25

Lehigh travels to DC and tries to reverse the charges for last year's slow start and should be psyched about getting an early PL win. They exhibited much better talent against 'nova, and should be ready to get that first W. Mhawks will get their balanced offense rolling and defense cleans up some atrocious mistakes to come home with the win, 28-17.

NY Crusader 2010
September 6th, 2022, 03:20 AM
Colgate 17 Maine 14
Monmouth 34 Fordham 27
VMI 27 Bucknell 23
Temple 28 Lafayette 10
Lehigh 31 Georgetown 21
Buffalo 31 Holy Cross 13

Pards Rule
September 6th, 2022, 09:08 AM
Anybody going to the Linc? I am

Fordham
September 6th, 2022, 10:03 AM
Colgate
Fordham
Bucknell
Temple
Lehigh
HC

So here is my question - other than HC and Fordham, do the rest of the PL schools have alot of Covid-allowed 5th or 6th year players this year? When I see our team with guys like Jonathan Coste at NG I see someone who is like a redshirt Senior from a CAA or even FBS school. They're just massive and totally different than an 18 year old freshman. If the rest of the PL also has that dynamic we may be getting to see what life with redshirting would be like. We'll know in the next few weeks if that's the case or not but I couldn't help but wonder if Lafayette, Gtown and Bucknell's stronger than expected week 1 play may be influenced by that? If so we could be headed toward the most competitive PL season in a while. For that reason I'm going heavy on PL teams, even though I typically do that regardless since I'd rather go down swinging as an optimist than worry about my weekly record here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2022, 10:13 AM
Anybody going to the Linc? I am

I was considering it but the Phillies are playing at 6:05. I simply do not want to get caught up in a traffic mess down there since the football game will be ending right around the time the Phils crowd is rolling in. As a Phils fan the double-header is attractive at first but then I realize just how long of a day it would make for. As it is, I really wish this was a noon kickoff.....

DFW HOYA
September 6th, 2022, 09:00 PM
So here is my question - other than HC and Fordham, do the rest of the PL schools have alot of Covid-allowed 5th or 6th year players this year? When I see our team with guys like Jonathan Coste at NG I see someone who is like a redshirt Senior from a CAA or even FBS school. They're just massive and totally different than an 18 year old freshman. If the rest of the PL also has that dynamic we may be getting to see what life with redshirting would be like. We'll know in the next few weeks if that's the case or not but I couldn't help but wonder if Lafayette, Gtown and Bucknell's stronger than expected week 1 play may be influenced by that? If so we could be headed toward the most competitive PL season in a while. For that reason I'm going heavy on PL teams, even though I typically do that regardless since I'd rather go down swinging as an optimist than worry about my weekly record here.

Georgetown has seven fifth year starters; however, I wouldn't read too much into beating Marist.

RichH2
September 6th, 2022, 09:38 PM
Colgate
Fordham
Bucknell
Temple
Lehigh
HC

Lehigh only has a few. The next 2 classes tho could have a lge number of 5th yrs.

Go...gate
September 7th, 2022, 02:33 AM
Maine 28, Colgate 20

Monmouth 23, Fordham 21

VMI 19, Bucknell 13

Temple 31, Lafayette 16

Lehigh 27, Georgetown 17

Buffalo 33, Holy Cross 28

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2022, 10:20 PM
Temple #4 on ESPN's Bottom 10 list....just like the old days...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34534866/college-football-bottom-10-even-winners-escape-our-list

leopardball2010
September 9th, 2022, 05:51 AM
Would have loved to make the trip to Philly for the game. But interesting to see this article making the rounds on FCS reddit:

https://www.redshirtsports.xyz/lafayette-defense-leads-upset-minded-leopards-versus-temple

Seems like Temple is bad enough that some people are thinking upset.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Leopard Loyalist
September 9th, 2022, 03:28 PM
After a pretty easy group of games to predict last week, it seems that nearly everyone of this week's games could go either way.

Colgate (0-1) at Maine (0-1), 1 pm
Fordham (1-0) at Monmouth (0-1), 1 pm
Bucknell (0-1) at VMI (0-1), 1:30 pm
Lafayette (1-0) at Temple (0-1), 2 pm
Lehigh (0-1) at Georgetown (1-0), 5 pm
Holy Cross (1-0) at Buffalo (0-1), 6 pm

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2022, 07:15 PM
This week appears to be brutally difficult? I guess it depends one's belief in the PL. I still have very little beyond HC....

Maine 30 Colgate 23 - Both teams coming off long road trips. I like the Bears to defend their den....

Monmouth 45 Fordham 40 - Fordham has an elite FCS offense but their defense and coaching remain suspect...

VMI 31 Bucknell 21 - The Bison put up a great fight against Towson last week before falling short. VMI has become a respectable program the last 3-4 years which is great to see! I like the Keydets at home...

Temple 30 Lafayette 10 - The Owls put forth a dreadful performance in Drayton's head coaching debut. Meanwhile, Lafayette was able to notch a thrilling win over the defending NEC Champs in Troxell's inaugural game as Lafayette's head coach . With that said, Temple should be able to methodically will their way to a 2-3 possession win over a FCS program searching for their first "normal season" winning record since 2009.

Buffalo 27 Holy Cross 17 - I want to take Holy Cross but until their offense steps up against a perceived equal or better foe I can't pick them to win.

Georgetown 30 Lehigh 27 - The Hoyas put forth a very good performance in their season opener while Lehigh did just enough good things to only lose by 28 to Villanova. I like the Hoyas to pull out a close win in DC...

RichH2
September 9th, 2022, 08:06 PM
Maine at home
Fordham in a shootout
Temple in an ugly game
Buffalo close over Cross
VMI over Bucknell
Lehigh over Hoyas. Can Lehigh correct the errors on D? A test for the coaches specifically .

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 9th, 2022, 08:17 PM
Maine favored by 9.5 accrding to Massey but they certainly layed an egg at New Mexico. Most Maine fans are scratching their heads as with 16 starters returning from a 6-5 team but both returning RB's played only a few downs to due injury so will see if that makes a difference. You are right as the 2019 game I thought you guys played right with us the differnence was Ernie Edwards who had 2 kickoffs returned for TD's. Sort of a do or die game for Maine as they travel to BC next week.
Any Gate fans making the trip?

Pards Rule
September 10th, 2022, 08:00 AM
Close sir - 17.5 according to todays Philly Inquirer writeup of game

Pards Rule
September 10th, 2022, 08:03 AM
I was considering it but the Phillies are playing at 6:05. I simply do not want to get caught up in a traffic mess down there since the football game will be ending right around the time the Phils crowd is rolling in. As a Phils fan the double-header is attractive at first but then I realize just how long of a day it would make for. As it is, I really wish this was a noon kickoff.....

Ugh! I would hope they have outbound vs inbound separation. Anyways I will be there with my leopard. Chip72, see you there? Wonder how many Pard fans will come?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 08:44 AM
Close sir - 17.5 according to todays Philly Inquirer writeup of game

Guys at my club this morning were getting Temple -13.5! I am not a bettor but will offer relevant (and generally good) advice; with that said, some good money was placed on the Owls at that number.....

The HC vs Buffalo line I saw seems spot on, 10.5...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 08:46 AM
Ugh! I would hope they have outbound vs inbound separation. Anyways I will be there with my leopard. Chip72, see you there? Wonder how many Pard fans will come?

I will be surprised if there are more than 10k actual humans there today. Will Lafayette bring 1k or so?

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 09:54 AM
Guys at my club this morning were getting Temple -13.5! I am not a better but will offer relevant (and generally good) advice; with that said, some good money was placed on the Owls at that number.....

The HC vs Buffalo line I saw seems spot on, 10.5...

HC +5.5 is the line now. Seems like the sharps jumped on HC.

Pards Rule
September 10th, 2022, 10:04 AM
I will be surprised if there are more than 10k actual humans there today. Will Lafayette bring 1k or so?

Hoping so! Last year first game I was at a sold out Air Force stadium!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 12:18 PM
Monmouth and Fordham trading early blows...

7-7 10:29 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 12:22 PM
Monmouth with a 95 yard TD run! lots of fireworks to start....

14-7 Hawks 8:10 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 12:30 PM
Monmouth strikes for another TD after they snag an awesome INT off of DeMorat. The Rams defense looks completely hapless....

Monmouth 20-7 5:47 1Q

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 12:36 PM
Colgate 0
Maine 0
End 1st

Defensive struggle so far. Both defenses are playing well, though it feels like Colgate is missing some chances with Maine having trouble holding on to the ball and Brescia sailing his passes.

Maine has the ball near midfield to start the 2nd

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 12:38 PM
Fordham are a pack of frauds.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 12:45 PM
Monmouth 20 Fordham 7 End 1Q

Fordham is on the move, 1st and 10 at the Hawk 26 to start the 2Q......

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 12:49 PM
TD Rams! Great run after the catch by #1 for Fordham

Monmouth 21-14 14:33 2Q

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 12:50 PM
Brescia runs it in from 3 yards out! Colgate takes the lead!

Long drive after stuffing Maine on a 4th down to start the quarter

7-0 Raiders
8:26 2nd

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 01:00 PM
Monmouth responds! They go for 2 but fail. Not sure why they are chasing points so soon....

Hawks 26-14 11:58 2Q

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 01:08 PM
Colgate 7
Maine 0
Halftime

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 01:10 PM
VMI 14 Bucknell 0 4:13 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 01:11 PM
TD Owls!

Temple 7 Lafayette 0 10:12 1Q

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 01:11 PM
Defense is the story in Orono. Both playing pretty well but the Raiders were able to start moving the ball a bit better in the 2nd quarter, including the score. Total yardage is 97-93 Maine

Maine's best player has been their punter, twice pinning the Raiders inside the 2. Losing the field position battle is hurting, but hopefully the offense continues to settle in the 3rd.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 01:17 PM
TD Rams! DeMorat is having a huge day....

Monmouth 26 Fordham 21 3:45 2Q

CHIP72
September 10th, 2022, 01:26 PM

I’m in the house, though I’m rooting for the Owls today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 01:26 PM
Bucknell looks dreadful against VMI...

Keydets 21-0 13:51 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 01:28 PM
TD Rams! DeMorat is shredding the Monmouth secondary! 270 yards and 4 TDs and some good yardage running....

Fordham 28 Monmouth 26 0:34 2Q

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 01:29 PM
Wow, maybe I should take back my comment about Fordham being fraudulent (although their defense is sieve-like).

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD 'Pards

All tied up at 7 in Philly, 6:12 1Q

crusader11
DeMorat might throw for 600+ and 6 or 7 TDs today.

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 01:31 PM
TD 'Pards

All tied up at 7 in Philly, 6:12 1Q

Schuster getting the nod after what was statistically one of the worst games I've seen for a QB.

CHIP72
September 10th, 2022, 01:32 PM

Based on my observations walking around before the game, I’d say 5-10% of the crowd is Lafayette fans, probably closer to 10%.

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Just flipped on the Temple - Lafayette game...shocked both teams are wearing dark colors (Temple in maroon and Lafayette in black).

CHIP72
September 10th, 2022, 01:35 PM
Just flipped on the Temple - Lafayette game...shocked both teams are wearing dark colors (Temple in maroon and Lafayette in black).

Why the Leopards would wear black jerseys during a warm day game is beyond me.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 01:37 PM

George Costanza would not approve...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Lafayette stops Temple on 4th down at the Pard 26....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 01:45 PM
Temple 7 Lafayette 7 End 1Q

Pretty even first half. Owls doing way too much talking for being tied at 7 against a FCS team....

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 01:45 PM
Brescia takes it in again! Another short run and another TD! Couple of big plays to Oakey set them up for the score

14-0 Colgate
7:07 3rd

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 01:55 PM
14-3 Raiders
3:18 3rd

Maine offense able to get some things going, but stopped around the 15. Settle for a FG.

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 02:04 PM
Colgate 14
Maine 3
End 3rd

Good start to the quarter for Colgate, the Black Bear offense is starting to make some plays. Got into FG range once already, now deep in Raider territory again. Holding them to 3 and another score would be huge, especially given the pace of the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 02:06 PM
VMI 21 Bucknell 0 Half

Bison can't get anything going on offense. After VMI's early surge they struggled to move the ball but they might have already done enough. If the Bison find an offense this has the chance to get interesting. Otherwise, VMI should coast to a pretty easy W....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 02:08 PM
Fordham and Monmouth trade blows again...

Fordham 35 Monmouth 32 8:00 3Q

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 02:08 PM
14-10 Raiders
13:41 4th

Maine takes it in, and the game is in the balance now

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 02:11 PM
Fordham adds a FG

Rams 38-32 5:12 3Q

CHIP72
September 10th, 2022, 02:15 PM
Temple makes a QB change, and puts together a nice drive for a touchdown.

Temple 14
Lafayette 7

Q2 2:40

Question for GLTUOwl - could Mathis succeed at QB in the Patriot League?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 02:17 PM
Temple makes a QB change, and puts together a nice drive for a touchdown.

Temple 14
Lafayette 7

Q2 2:40

Question for GLTUOwl - could Mathis succeed at QB in the Patriot League?

Mathis looks lost. Hard to believe UGA ever recruited him! This looks like very late 1990s, early 2000s Temple. That's a scary thought..

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 02:27 PM
Temple QB change has made a huge difference! Owls got things going the latter half of the second quarter....

Temple 21-7 0:24 2Q

IslandPard
September 10th, 2022, 02:28 PM

Not the smartest decision considering our roster size.

TheValleyRaider
21-10 Raiders
6:24 4th

Brescia goes 68 yards on the ground! 3rd score of the game!

CHIP72
Temple blocks a Leopards punt in Lafayette territory, and takes advantage of the short field to score a touchdown right before halftime.

Temple 21
Lafayette 7

Q2 0:24 (and also halftime)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 02:30 PM
TD Rams! DeMorat have an all-time PL afternoon...

Rams 45-35 14:46 4Q

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 02:38 PM
PL looking good against the CAA today!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 02:39 PM
TD Monmouth!

Rams 45-42 11:20 4Q

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 02:41 PM
21-18 Raiders
4:02 4th

A couple of big plays gets Maine in position and they finish off the drive with a TD. They convert for 2, and it's a close one again

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 02:45 PM
21-18 Raiders
2:27 4th

Colgate can't get the first, will have to punt, downed at the 14

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 02:47 PM
C'mon Gate! Hold on!

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 02:52 PM
47 yarder for Maine to tie...

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 02:53 PM
SHORT! Raiders will win!

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 02:55 PM
Colgate 21
Maine 18
Final

Whew. Good win for the 'Gate! Defense played well until Maine really opened it up offensively in the 2nd half. Not sure if that's a pass defense problem or a desperate team making plays. Good to grab a win, and good to grab a CAA road win.

Offense needs to do a little more. If Brescia can settle in the passing game a bit, he and the rest can certainly run. A trip to Franklin Field awaits.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 02:56 PM
Great win! And way to step up against the CAA! Hell yeah! Dakosty and Company continue to step up.

Two weeks until Holy Cross visits Hamilton. Sacrilege, that game should be in November....

Bucknell just scored against VMI. The Bison have played really well since an anemic first 20 minutes. Towson hangover?

VMI 24-6 0:58 3Q

Monmouth just scored to retake the lead! 393 rushing yards for Monmouth!! Glad NBC Sports Philly picked up this game!

Monmouth 49-45 4:01 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 03:03 PM
TD Lafayette....ohh boy...

Temple 21 Lafayette 14 10:59 3Q

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 03:08 PM
TD Fordham!

52-49 with :56 remaining.

Too much time...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 03:09 PM
TD Fordham!! What a great throw by DeMorat!!

Fordham 52-49 0:50 4Q

Bucknell strikes again! Cecchini has them playing hard! Bison are definitely not out of this one...

2 PT conversion is good...

VMI 24 Bucknell 14 13:25 4Q

IslandPard
September 10th, 2022, 03:14 PM
Temple is terrible! But the Leopard offense is worse.

CHIP72
September 10th, 2022, 03:15 PM
TD Lafayette....ohh boy...

Temple 21 Lafayette 14 10:59 3Q

Lafayette has well under 100 yards of offense, but three Temple turnovers in their own territory have kept the Leopards in the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 03:18 PM
Fordham wins 52-49!!

PL goes 2-0 against the CAA!!

Fordham 703 total yards
Monmouth 713 total yards

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2022, 03:18 PM
Way to go Rams!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Temple misses a 45 yard field goal...still a 1 possession game...

Temple 21-14 3:21 3Q

CHIP72
September 10th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Lafayette’s biggest offensive play of the game comes on an off-target pass tipped by a Temple defender that is caught by a Lafayette receiver.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 03:34 PM
Bison still battling in Lexington....1st and10 at the VMI 45
VMI 24-14 6:00 4Q

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 03:35 PM
The ineptitude on offense for Lafayette and Bucknell is remarkable.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 03:37 PM
The ineptitude on offense for Lafayette and Bucknell is remarkable.

Bucknell have very little team speed. I know VMI's field is a gloried cow pasture but they are definitely plodding Bison....

CHIP72
September 10th, 2022, 03:37 PM
Temple gets its second blocked punt of the game, though this punt goes forward for a few yards.

For those of you not following along, here’s the tally:

*Temple turnovers in their own territory: 3

*Lafayette punts blocked in their own territory: 2

IslandPard
September 10th, 2022, 03:38 PM
Lafayette has well under 100 yards of offense, but three Temple turnovers in their own territory have kept the Leopards in the game.

I know we're only 2 games in, but the lack of production is not due to lack of players. It looks like a combination of the ol' confused Garrett offense and Tavani's Frankasaurus!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 03:39 PM
Temple with another blocked punt! For the love of God make this a 2 possession game!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 03:43 PM
TD Temple! Woohoo!!

Temple 28 Lafayette 14 10:32 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 03:53 PM
VMI 24 Bucknell 14 Final

Bucknell is extremely limited on offense but overall they are helluva lot better than last season. They have a very solid defense. 0-2 but went down swinging against a CAA and SoCon team....

Go...gate
September 10th, 2022, 04:01 PM
Rutgers 28, Wagner 0, early second quarter.

Nice wins by the Red Raiders and Rams, and fine efforts by the Bison and Leopards.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 04:03 PM
Temple with their 3rd blocked punt! This one for a safety!

Owls 30 Lafayette 14 1:37 4Q

CHIP72
September 10th, 2022, 04:03 PM
Temple blocks their third Lafayette punt of the game, and scores a safety on the play.

Temple 30
Lafayette 14

Q4 1:37

Franks Tanks
September 10th, 2022, 04:06 PM
Lafayette punt team is comical at this point. But Temple still has some dudes. For the love of god, let’s see David next week at QB for the Pards.

Go...gate
September 10th, 2022, 04:08 PM
Rutgers 28, Wagner 7, 10:53 remaining in the first half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 04:12 PM
Lafayette punt team is comical at this point. But Temple still has some dudes. For the love of god, let’s see David next week at QB for the Pards.

Lafayette's defense is excellent! Hamm is a monster which will make for an awesome DPOY battle with Dobbs and Greenhagen. These are 3 of the best defenders this league has seen at once in a long time. Lafayette clearly has issues on offense. Very similar to Bucknell from I have seen in terms of lack of playmakers.

Temple still has a lot of athletic, skilled players but the coaching must put them in a position to succeed. Kurt Warner's kid looks like the immediate future at QB....

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 04:16 PM
Not sure why Troxell appears, in the early going, to be hitching his wagon to Schuster.

It's very obvious he isn't ready for the speed of the college game yet.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Georgetown uses a halfback pass to get to Lehigh's 1, Lehigh's defense forces a 4th down, Hoyas were going to go but a false start forces them to settle for 3...

Georgetown 3 Lehigh 0 2:41 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 04:32 PM
Georgetown 3 Lehigh 0 End 1Q

Lehigh's offense....yuck....

RichH2
September 10th, 2022, 04:46 PM
George Costanza would not approve...

Fordham wins 52-49!!

PL goes 2-0 against the CAA!!

Fordham 703 total yards
Monmouth 713 total yards Zero innovation on O. 0it doesn't attack a D its slogs at it. Ugh

I know we're only 2 games in, but the lack of production is not due to lack of players. It looks like a combination of the ol' confused Garrett offense and Tavani's Frankasaurus!!!!

Georgetown 3 Lehigh 0 End 1Q

Lehigh's offense....yuck....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 04:47 PM
TD Hoyas! Lehigh looks atrocious. I mean just awful....

Georgetown 10 Lehigh 0 9:30 2Q

If this continues on for 4 quarters Gilmore and Brisson should be let go effectively immediately.

Franks Tanks
September 10th, 2022, 04:56 PM
Lafayette's defense is excellent! Hamm is a monster which will make for an awesome DPOY battle with Dobbs and Greenhagen. These are 3 of the best defenders this league has seen at once in a long time. Lafayette clearly has issues on offense. Very similar to Bucknell from I have seen in terms of lack of playmakers.

Temple still has a lot of athletic, skilled players but the coaching must put them in a position to succeed. Kurt Warner's kid looks like the immediate future at QB....

For sure, I was at the game. Temple has some big and athletic guys. They have talent, but hard to say it’s being optimized right now.

Lafayette didn’t play all that well with the blocked punts and penalties, but hung tough and played hard. If the Pards can get their offense from horrible to respectable, they can make some noise this year. Overall though, Trox has the kids playing hard and buying in.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 05:00 PM
TD Lehigh on 4th and goal from the 1. It was set up by a long run....

Georgetown 10 Lehigh 7 6:00 1Q

Go...gate
September 10th, 2022, 05:08 PM
Rutgers 38, Wagner 7, halftime.

Riddle me this: If the Big 16 has banned games against FCS, how the hell is this one taking place?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 05:13 PM
TD Lehigh! Finally some good mojo on offense the last 7 or so minutes of the first half. They were able to generate some big plays...

Lehigh 14 Georgetown 10 1:13 2Q

NY Crusader 2010
September 10th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Rutgers 38, Wagner 7, halftime.

Riddle me this: If the Big 16 has banned games against FCS, how the hell is this one taking place?

I think that ended like 3 or 4 years ago. Minnesota playing WIU today, Iowa played SDSU last week, Penn St played Villanova last year. Northwestern definitely played an FCS recently. Maryland played Howard a couple years ago. Nebraska played Fordham last year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 05:22 PM
Georgetown ends the first half with a FG...

Lehigh 14 Georgetown 13 Half

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 05:33 PM
Buffalo 7 Holy Cross 0 3:02 1Q

Buffalo DL just suffered a nasty injury....

CHIP72
September 10th, 2022, 05:42 PM
For sure, I was at the game. Temple has some big and athletic guys. They have talent, but hard to say it’s being optimized right now.

Lafayette didn’t play all that well with the blocked punts and penalties, but hung tough and played hard. If the Pards can get their offense from horrible to respectable, they can make some noise this year. Overall though, Trox has the kids playing hard and buying in.

Right now, Lafayette’s defense is doing an excellent job but it is hard to overcome an inept offense and special teams.

I don’t care who the opponent is, having three punts blocked in one game is inexcusable. And the Leopards’ offense has gained less than a combined 250 yards in their first two games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 05:51 PM
TD Lehigh! That's 3 straight touchdown drives....

Hawks 21-13 12:33 3Q

Fordham
September 10th, 2022, 06:03 PM

Let’s see. Hope they can win

Fordham are a pack of frauds.

Wow

Congrats to Colgate and sounds like Lafayette played tough! PL off to a better start than our usual hapless selves.

Fordham offense is prolific and our D looks historically bad right now. Great, character win today. If we don’t figure out the D we could get beat by everyone left on the schedule imo unless we outshoot them like we did today. Monmouth D equally as bad fwiw

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 06:07 PM
Georgetown opts against a 25 yard FG for a 4th and 3. Throw a poor fade pass which is easily defended. Should have taken the points. Lehigh can really step on their throats with a scoring drive here...

Lehigh 21 Georgetown 13 6:36 3Q

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 06:07 PM
Wow, maybe I should take back my comment about Fordham being fraudulent (although their defense is sieve-like).

Fordham, you forgot to include this quote of mine…

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 06:12 PM
TD HC!

Buffalo 14 HC 7 4:58 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 06:19 PM
The Bulls respond...

Buffalo 21 HC 7 2:50 2Q

Fordham
September 10th, 2022, 06:24 PM

Fordham, you forgot to include this quote of mine…

meh

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 06:26 PM
TD Crusaders! Sluka has got it going finally...

Buffalo 21-14 0:15 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 06:27 PM
Lehigh 21 Georgetown 13 End 3Q

Both teams with numerous mistakes. The two penalties by each team to extend punts are inexcusable....

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 06:31 PM
I really like where we are.

Offense has figured things out after the first three series.

Defense needs to prevent the big play.

Get the ball to start the second half. We are in a good spot after largely being outplayed in that first half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 06:33 PM
Lehigh stops Georgetown again on 4th down inside the red zone! Wow! Hoyas have put up yards galore but have very little to show for it. Can Lehigh finally get this to 2 possessions?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 06:56 PM
Georgetown on the move with about 2 minutes, down 8...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 07:00 PM
Georgetown TD...they need to go for 2....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 07:04 PM
Georgetown opts for a QB sweep on the 2 pt conversion, Lehigh stuffs it!

DFW HOYA
September 10th, 2022, 07:12 PM
22 years of rinse and repeat. NO #?*%@$ PROGRESS. NONE.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 07:21 PM
Lehigh stuffs Georgetown's 2 pt try.

IMO, it was a poorly played game between two bad teams. But at least Lehigh found a way to beat Georgetown again. Richmond, Princeton, Monmouth and Fordham up next for Lehigh. Love it! Time to see what they REALLY got....

RichH2
September 10th, 2022, 07:29 PM
Lehigh stuffs Georgetown's 2 pt try.

IMO, it was a poorly played game between two bad teams. But at least Lehigh founds to beat Georgetown again. Richmond, Princeton, Monmouth and Fordham up next for Lehigh. Love it! Time to see what they REALLY got....
What they got? Pieces on O and D. Inconsistent execution is the mantra so far.
2ndary touted to be our strongest unit. Nope. It is a mess. Ball watching in lieu of covering. Missed assignments repeatedly. Unit is a confused mess of indecision. This team is not close to ready for the next 4 games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 07:35 PM
TD Crusaders!

HC 28 Buffalo 28 2:32 3Q

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 07:35 PM
Meanwhile, up in Buffalo, 28-28.

Fordham
September 10th, 2022, 07:42 PM
Wow, just found the game on ESPN +. HC different level than the rest of the PL and it’s a PL off to a much better than normal start. This could be a PL squad who can do some damage in the playoffs

Doc QB
September 10th, 2022, 07:45 PM
Richmond, Princeton, Monmouth and Fordham up next for Lehigh. Love it! Time to see what they REALLY got....

LU doesn’t win again until maybe Cornell.
secondary is atrocious.
wr are not game breakers. Not a one. No Pelletier/Casey types.
5 qbs on roster. Not sure I see a Lum/Shaf/Stambaugh/Hall/Borda/Semptimphelter among them.
o line may be improved.
play calling average.

It easy to pile on the coaching staff, but while they aren’t as solid as our winning years, roster isn’t as improved as some believe. it may be unfair to say we don’t have offense talent like some examples I listed, but LU usually had one or more at qb, rb, or wr when we were winning. Those guys just r not there.

DFW HOYA
September 10th, 2022, 07:53 PM
Quick thoughts, and I've got plenty more where this comes from:

1. Georgetown may not win a game the remainder of the season and maybe into 2023. Sgarlata's staff is looking more and more like the Kevin Kelly crew out there.
2. Two fourth downs in the red zone and a two point conversion: no points.
3. No urgency in that last drive, no interest in conserving time outs. Giving the ball back to Lehigh with 2:09 instead of 1:09 would have been interesting.
4. Lehigh has a long three weeks ahead of it. Meanwhile, Georgetown gets an angry Monmouth team next week. It will be ugly.

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 07:55 PM
'Saders at midfield with 10:00 left in the 4th, still knotted at 28.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 08:00 PM
'Saders at midfield with 10:00 left in the 4th, still knotted at 28.

Inside the Bulls 10! This is definitely the Crusader's awakening on offense!

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 08:05 PM
I don't feel great about having to settle for three there.

Defense needs to come up big one time. They've been better this half, but Buffalo has scored multiple times tonight on big plays over the top.

31-28, 'Saders.

Fordham
September 10th, 2022, 08:14 PM
Omg, thought that missed pick may come back to haunt them but great coverage on 4th down!

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 08:14 PM
Purple with the ball up 31-28 after Buffalo turns it over on downs.

A couple of first downs...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 08:24 PM
Bulls ball around midfield about a minute left...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 08:31 PM
Bulls ties it at 31!

It will be interesting to see how Chesney handles this possession. Do you go for the win now? HC has a great kicker....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 08:36 PM
Holy Cross wins on a Hail Mary!! Holy Crap!!

- - - Updated - - -

Holy Cross wins on a Hail Mary!! Holy Crap!!

UNHWildcat18
September 10th, 2022, 08:37 PM
Holy ****! Hail Mary for the win!!!

- - - Updated - - -

So happy for HC they deserved it!

Franks Tanks
September 10th, 2022, 08:38 PM
The Bulls respond...

Buffalo 21 HC 7 2:50 2Q

What a catch! Congrats, Saders.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 08:40 PM
Temple lost an absolute heart breaker there on a Hail Mary right when Golden was turning the corner. Great to see the Crusaders pull it out!!

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 08:41 PM
Let's f****** goooooo!

Special group.

On to Yale.

CHIP72
September 10th, 2022, 08:44 PM
What they got? Pieces on O and D. Inconsistent execution is the mantra so far.
2ndary touted to be our strongest unit. Nope. It is a mess. Ball watching in lieu of covering. Missed assignments repeatedly. Unit is a confused mess of indecision. This team is not close to ready for the next 4 games.

At least Lehigh's offense has been much better than it was at the beginning of last season.

crusader11
September 10th, 2022, 08:47 PM
That was the second time in the last four games Coker has caught a hail mary to win a game. Here was his catch against Sacred Heart in the playoffs --

https://twitter.com/GehlTales/status/1464702872801660936

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2022, 08:47 PM
At least Lehigh's offense has been much better than it was at the beginning of last season.

But still not as good at the end of last year? Lehigh 23 Georgetown 9 11/13/21. Even if it's better it's so marginal what is the honest expectation? Going back to the start of the 2019 season the offensive output OVERALL is terrible...

Since Gilmore took over in 2019 Lehigh has score more than 30 ONCE in regulation, Bucknell last year! The only other time they scored 30 was in OT!...

That's terrible!!

Bill
September 10th, 2022, 09:12 PM
secondary is atrocious.
5 qbs on roster. Not sure I see a Lum/Shaf/Stambaugh/Hall/Borda/Semptimphelter among them.
o line may be improved.
play calling average.

It easy to pile on the coaching staff, but while they aren’t as solid as our winning years, roster isn’t as improved as some believe. it may be unfair to say we don’t have offense talent like some examples I listed, but LU usually had one or more at qb, rb, or wr when we were winning. Those guys just r not there.

Doc,
Couldn't agree more...and LOVE your ability to take me back 20 years with those names. And for what it's worth, you might as well as Threat to those names. Those players are not on the roster anymore. Is that Gilmore's fault...or a general change in Lehigh admissions/atmosphere.. or something else?

RichH2
September 10th, 2022, 09:21 PM
What a catch! Congrats, Saders.

Let's f****** goooooo!

Special group.

On to Yale.

You're right Chip. Worlds apart. The puzzle is the play calling. I get the pounding. We have a decent OL and guys who can pound. The passing seems tentative rather than aggressive. Dunno. Better is not yet good sadly.

KPSUL
September 11th, 2022, 07:05 AM
What a day for the Patriot League! Three big OOC wins, including an FBS game. Good competitive games across the board.

TheValleyRaider
September 11th, 2022, 08:33 AM
Way to go Cross

The scary thing, watching the highlight, was how the Crusaders didn't seem as excited as you might expect given the way they won the game. That's a team that expects to win

Pards Rule
September 11th, 2022, 11:01 AM

Have to...Davis BTW lol

Pards Rule
September 11th, 2022, 11:05 AM

Franks did you see me waving the stuffed leopard by the tail? Todays my 60 th birthday!

Go Green
September 11th, 2022, 11:30 AM
22 years of rinse and repeat. NO #?*%@$ PROGRESS. NONE.

To be fair, I did think you outplayed Lehigh. Had you opted for even one of the fourth-quarter field goals, you would have won. Nice night for a game! My daughter and her friend enjoyed it! I got a great picture of them cuddling Jack the Bulldog!!!

And is there some sort of movement to phase out the gray in Georgetown's team colors? The football unis were predominately blue and white, with maybe a touch of gray. My understanding is that the colors were adopted to acknowledge the civil war army uniforms. But I can imagine ditching the gray may be in line with political sentiment...

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2022, 12:13 PM
Franks did you see me waving the stuffed leopard by the tail? Todays my 60 th birthday!

Hey Happy Birthday!

Its my birthday too ya

Franks Tanks
September 11th, 2022, 01:32 PM

I did not, but Happy Birthday!

The Boogie Down
September 11th, 2022, 03:25 PM
To be fair, I did think you outplayed Lehigh. Had you opted for even one of the fourth-quarter field goals, you would have won. Nice night for a game! My daughter and her friend enjoyed it! I got a great picture of them cuddling Jack the Bulldog!!!

And is there some sort of movement to phase out the gray in Georgetown's team colors? The football unis were predominately blue and white, with maybe a touch of gray. My understanding is that the colors were adopted to acknowledge the civil war army uniforms. But I can imagine ditching the gray may be in line with political sentiment...

I don't think there's any political sentiment at play since Georgetown has had a habit of mixing up their color schemes/unees/helmets over recent years.

That said, the lack of gray brought me back to the very-very-very first college hoops game I can remember watching as a kid. It was the 1982 title game between Georgetown and UNC. An epic contest that unfortunately ended with a late Freddy Brown turnover. Back then Georgetown wore Carolina Blue so that was the reasoning behind Brown's throw-away into the hands of an awaiting James Worthy.

Supposedly that's the game that made John Thompson bring the gray back. The Hoyas wore it as their home uniforms to standout from any other school and created a pretty iconic look in the process. Craig Esherick briefly got rid of the gray and brought back the light blue uniforms in the early '00s. I've seen the light blue used from time-to-time since, but I don't think it's ever been part of Georgetown's official color scheme.

OTOH, if there is any "political sentiment" at play going forward, the dark blue-light blue combo is a nice look to fall back on.

As for yesterday's contests...

Great game for HC!!!
Good game for Colgate!!
Fun game for Fordham!
Okay game for Lehigh.
Interesting game for Lafayette..
Not so interesting game for Bucknell...
Georgetown? Ehhh... Did I mention I was most engrossed by the lack of gray in their uniforms?

Happy B-Day to the Pards Man!

DFW HOYA
September 11th, 2022, 05:25 PM
Georgetown rally hasn't worn a gray pants combination since the 1990's and, aside from the helmets, has been a blue/white option since then. They've never had a third jersey (cost?) and the school doesn't have the pull it once had to drive innovation from Nike. Most likely, they get a color palette, sign off on a design, and that's it. Pre-2006, Nike didn't even outfit the team, because the deal was with John Thompson, not the school.

Go...gate
September 11th, 2022, 09:59 PM
Just watched the rebroadcast of Fordham at Monmouth on SNY.

What a game!!!

Pards Rule
September 12th, 2022, 10:53 AM
Hey Happy Birthday!

Its my birthday too ya

Happy bday too! Hey did you know we share it with the late HCs Tom Landry and Bear Bryant? True!

Pards Rule
September 12th, 2022, 10:55 AM
I don't think there's any political sentiment at play since Georgetown has had a habit of mixing up their color schemes/unees/helmets over recent years.

That said, the lack of gray brought me back to the very-very-very first college hoops game I can remember watching as a kid. It was the 1982 title game between Georgetown and UNC. An epic contest that unfortunately ended with a late Freddy Brown turnover. Back then Georgetown wore Carolina Blue so that was the reasoning behind Brown's throw-away into the hands of an awaiting James Worthy.

Supposedly that's the game that made John Thompson bring the gray back. The Hoyas wore it as their home uniforms to standout from any other school and created a pretty iconic look in the process. Craig Esherick briefly got rid of the gray and brought back the light blue uniforms in the early '00s. I've seen the light blue used from time-to-time since, but I don't think it's ever been part of Georgetown's official color scheme.

OTOH, if there is any "political sentiment" at play going forward, the dark blue-light blue combo is a nice look to fall back on.

As for yesterday's contests...

Great game for HC!!!
Good game for Colgate!!
Fun game for Fordham!
Okay game for Lehigh.
Interesting game for Lafayette..
Not so interesting game for Bucknell...
Georgetown? Ehhh... Did I mention I was most engrossed by the lack of gray in their uniforms?

Happy B-Day to the Pards Man!

Appreciate the shout out BM! Yeah interesting day for sure. Cant ever recall a team blocking 3 punts. They got two easy TDs and a safety so that was the 16 point margin. Honestly we played well enough to lose by only 7 or 10 IMO.

KPSUL
September 12th, 2022, 12:00 PM

Really? You didn't look a day over 59 a year ago !

ngineer
September 12th, 2022, 08:24 PM
secondary is atrocious.
o line may be improved.
play calling average.

I think we could steal a game or two over the next four weeks. Need consistency. I attribute some of the secondary issues with lack of a pass rush. Very little pressure on the QB, and Hoya's QB was big and could sling it. DB's need help up front, though I agree there were a couple missed assignments by the secondary. We have some pretty decent hands on the receiving corps, but not the blazing WR who can toast anyone. Plus, Perri doesn't have the needed cannon for long range missile. Our freshman from AZ could be in your upper echelon in another year. Impressive arm in scrimmage and already good size, but needs seasoning. OL has improved from last year, and will be better once two of our starters return. Perri can't get comfortable back there; luckily we have some very good RBs. Garcia reminds me somewhat of young Jack Rizzo. Very quick and runs like a freight train at 5'11'' 220 lbs. I agree on the play calling, though I think it better this year, so far. They brought in another assistant who was a coordinator at UConn to help the offense. We shall see. The next four games will reveal how improved we really are. It would be great to somehow steal a win with Richmond. Last year it was men versus boys at UR had virtually all seniors and 5th year players in their starting 22. I'm looking for a much better game this Saturday.