View Full Version : SoCon predictions for 10/20/2007

catamount man
October 14th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Citadel 55
WCU 14

Furman 20
UTC 23

Elon 21
Wofford 24 (GAME OF THE WEEK IN THE SOCON)

GSU 17
ASU 34

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

The Cats
October 14th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Citadel 55
WCU 14

Furman 20
UTC 23

Elon 21

GSU 17
ASU 34

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I actually think the Citadel/WCU game will be high scoring from both teams, but, results the same, The Citadel wins.

appfan2008
October 14th, 2007, 05:38 PM
The Citadel: WCU just is not on that level
Furman: bounce back... they are better than they have shown
Elon: they are ready and will take it to a Wofford team that has played a lot of tough games recently
App St: the home streak continues but it will be a dogfight into the fourth quarter

wocorebel
October 14th, 2007, 05:42 PM
the only upset that will happen this week will happen in Boone, Foster is going to show why he is going to be Conference POY. Furman I think will bounce back. Wofford will win by 18 over Elon 42-24 and the Citadel will roll over Western.

woffordgrad94
October 14th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Wofford 45, Elon 31
Furman 42, Chattanooga 28
The Citadel 42, Western Carolina 14
Appalachian State 42, Georgia Southern 27

appfan2008
October 14th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Wofford 45, Elon 31
Furman 42, Chattanooga 28
The Citadel 42, Western Carolina 14
Appalachian State 42, Georgia Southern 27

lots of high scoring in your predictions but i think the numbers for asu gsu will be about right

woffordgrad94
October 14th, 2007, 05:50 PM
There's been a ton of scoring in the SoCon this year. The defenses seem to be unable to keep up with and/or adjust to the offenses in this league.

appfan2008
October 14th, 2007, 06:07 PM
lots of speed on O and open offenses will lead to lots of scoring

furman94
October 14th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Wofford 30, Elon 21 Closer than most think...
Furman 45, Chattanooga 28 Dont know much of Nooga
The Citadel 42, Western Carolina 10 Blowout (Should be)
Appalachian State 48, Georgia Southern 42 2 ot
Wild and Wooly one at The Rock

APPSTER
October 14th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Elon 35, Wofford 31 (Wofford stubs its toe)
Furman 49, Chattanooga 24
The Citadel 38, Western Carolina 14
Appalachian State 42, Georgia Southern 23

james_lawfirm
October 14th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Elon 25, Wofford 24 (I hope)
Furman 42, Chatty 25 (Furman bounces back)
Citadel 52, Western 3 (long day for the catamounts)
App. 49, Ga.So. 17 (Foster is good, but he needs some help - plus, who do you think ASU has been practicing against?)

Baldy
October 14th, 2007, 06:53 PM
App. 49, Ga.So. 17 (Foster is good, but he needs some help - plus, who do you think ASU has been practicing against?)
Funny how all the App fans are picking Elon...more like wishful thinking on their part.
Secondly, unless GSU commits a ton of turnovers, you wont hold us to 17 points, period.
Finally, this game will be much closer than many think.

terrierbob
October 14th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Like I said on another thread, it just wouldn't seem right if we were everyone's favorite in the Elon game. I think it will be a close one. I don't know if a young team will be able to consistently stop what seems to be the best offense we've had in almost 40 years.I'm hoping our apparent excellent conditioning pays off in the fourth. Our new S&C coach seems to be earning his pay.

CID1990
October 14th, 2007, 08:11 PM

I think your prediction that WCU will only score 3 against us is very charitable. Our defense is just too easy to plan against, as Furman and Wofford both proved over the last two weeks. I think WCU will be good for around 17-21 points. Hopefully we can continue to light up the offensive stats.

ASU88
October 14th, 2007, 08:18 PM
I'm not picking Elon. Wofford is just too impressive to date. I'd say:

Wofford 31 Elon 20
Furman 34 UTC 20
Citadel 38 WCU 20
ASU 34 GSU 20

I think if you score 20 this week in the SoCon, you're losing. :)

Seven Would Be Nice
October 14th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Wofford 30, Elon 21 Closer than most think...
Furman 45, Chattanooga 28 Dont know much of Nooga
The Citadel 42, Western Carolina 10 Blowout (Should be)
Appalachian State 48, Georgia Southern 42 2 ot
Wild and Wooly one at The Rock

PLEASE NO MORE CONFERENCE O.T. LOSSES!!!

appstate38
October 14th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Dogs 49 - Cats 17
Wofford 34 - Elon 31
Furman 28 - UTC 17
Apps 41 -GSU 20

terrierbob
October 14th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Dogs 49 - Cats 17
Wofford 34 - Elon 31
Furman 28 - UTC 17
Apps 41 -GSU 20

Yours is right on target with what I'm predicting. Saves me the tedium of lining up the team names and scores. I get o/c about it.

HaveFunKc
October 14th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Wofford 42, Elon 24: As mush as I would love to see the Terriers fall for obvious homer reasons, facts are facts. The puppies started showing life last year and are showing their muscle off this year... They see the SoCon trophy in their sights and are dogpiling all over it right now. Elon is getting better finally, but after watching the Terriers take care of business the past few weeks, I don't see Elon tripping them up this week.

Furman 54, Chatty 17: If the Furples want to salvage anything from the SoCon this year, they have to start this week. Four losses puts an At-Large playoff berth pretty much out of reach and two conference losses, while not impossible to gain the SoCon AQ, is highly improbable at this point given the Woffies run to date. The Mocs can score, but the question is which Mocs team show up at game time? Who would have thought there would have been conversations at this point in the season about Furman not making the playoffs? (Not me...) The Furples are a little "peturbed" and I think they take it out on the Mocs.

Citadel 48, Western 26: The Boys in Blue are going to score - period. Can Western out score them? Sorry Cats... I'm one of those that doesn't think so.

App. 38, Ga.So. 24: The Eagles are none too happy coming off their 1st loss to the Phoenix (even if it was in 2OT). Add the extra incentive that it's App, in Boone AND Top it off that Mr. Foster had this one circled on the calendar as soon as the schedule was announced... GSU is pumped for his game. Counter that with THE longest home winning streak in the country (Div I), a bye week to rest up, FCS playoff implications, a defense starting to settle down, an offense comfortable with either QB (we can take opinions on either one, but points are points) and of yea - did I mention it's at Kidd-Brewer Stadium. This has the makings of an instant SoCon classic or one of those "Did that really just happen?" (aka 2005) kind of games... My gut tells me a great game ensues.
Welcome to The Rock Coach Hatcher!! xthumbsupx

appstate38
October 14th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Yours is right on target with what I'm predicting. Saves me the tedium of lining up the team names and scores. I get o/c about it.

Glad I could help you out, now how about you guys lay an egg against the Phoenix for me xthumbsupx

WoCoTerrier
October 14th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Glad I could help you out, now how about you guys lay an egg against the Phoenix for me xthumbsupx

I think we'll just win. How bout yall trip up to GSU and make it all the easier for us?xnodx

walliver
October 14th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Wofford 21, Elon 17 (our defense isn't that bad, and our offense didn't look pretty against Gardner-Webb until the GW defense gave out of steam in the 4th)

App State 42, GSU 41 (I suspect ASU will lose one more game this year, but not to the Jayson Foster Show)

Furman 35 Chattanooga 28 (Chattanooga could well win this, but I think the horses will put it together this week)

Western Carolina 38, (The) Citadel 35 (The little dogs are coming off two big games, and still have the ?SU's yet to go and may have a letdown - which of course will save Kent Briggs job and bring untold misery upon Western fans for years to come) (I'm not betting any money on this prediction)

Appdad
October 14th, 2007, 09:43 PM
which of course will save Kent Briggs job and bring untold misery upon Western fans for years to come) (I'm not betting any money on this prediction)

Why the doom and gloom and lack of love to our WCU brethren? lol

B&G
October 14th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Wofford 38 Elon 27 (Elon jumps out early to a double digit lead but Wofford stays cool and methodically dismantles the Phoenix)

ASU 33 Jayson Foster 31 (for some reason I envision a safety being the difference)

Furman 27 Chatty 21 (Furman's score would be in the mid 30's if they had a kicker)

The Citadel 42 WCU 24 (I wouldn't be surprised if this were much closer though)

Kill'em
October 15th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Wofford is just too much for Elon
Furman wakes up and destroys Chattanooga
The Citadel destroys Western worse
If Georgia Southern commits penalties and turnovers we will also lose big.

chattanoogamocs
October 15th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Furman is the only team in the SoCon that has more than a 2 game winning streak against Chattanooga (it currently stands at 12...ugh).

It took the Paladins a last second miracle (and some would argue slightly controversial) TD to take the game into OT in G-Ville last year...the Mocs had them and let it slip away.

Don't think those Mocs wont remember what "almost was" last year...and they get them at home this year. Hopefully this year will "beat the streak".

Of course, this team is so Jekyll and Hyde I really have zero clue what to expect each week...we need a big can of Mr. Hyde on Saturday!

As for the rest, I will go with Wofford, ASU and The "fixed it!" Citadel.

Millwoch
October 15th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Woffy vs Elon....Elon runs the spread...look for Woffy to run the same scheme that shut out my boys in Charleston. Not sure they get the shutout, as I think Elon's receivers are better than El Cids. 27-17 Woffy

FU vs Chatty....an emotional loss for FU last week. It does not happen very often that all FU is fighting for is finishing 4th-6th in conference. It will be interesting to see how they respond. I think Gray/Felton(very impressed with them on Saturday) are too strong for Chatty, and the Furple win 38-17

GSU vs Appy I think this match up provides huge problems for GSU. Appy has a lot of speed to counter their run game. Elder is running his team just fine. A turnover by Appy could keep it close, but they win 38-31

Cit vs WCU...On paper it should be a blowout. Lawson produced 486 yards himself Saturday and will put up big numbers again...in the first half. We go conservative in the second. A Citadel turnover (we are prown to have one or two of them) and it is not nearly as high scoring as last weeks come back. Cit 31-WCU 13

Game of the week is Elon/Woffy

upset special...this is a hard one...as I have picked all the favs above...I think Appy could be beat if GSU D can get that turnover deep in ASU territory.

trusty
October 15th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Citadel 55
WCU 14

Furman 20
UTC 23

Elon 21

GSU 17
ASU 34

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

The Citadel wins big 48 - 21
Furman wakes up and wins big 56 - 14
Wofford wins but this is a close one, 35 - 28
GSU wins, it is going to be close

CID1990
October 15th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I'm not understanding all the people picking GSU to win in Boone. I don't see last year's game being much of an indicator of how things will go up there this year.

That being said, I am pulling for GSU for two reasons. (Hopefully lightning won't strike me)

1. GSU wins in Boone which sets them up for a letdown in Statesboro the following week.

2. Provided that GSU DOES suffer a letdown in Statesboro the following week, A win in Boone will set the stage for the ASU-The Citadel game in Charleston being for the #2 spot in the SoCon and potentially the only at-large bid for the playoffs this year. Of course, Elon has to cooperate with this.

lizrdgizrd
October 15th, 2007, 09:32 AM
I can't decide if the Woffy/Elon or App/GSU game is bigger this week. Elon has a chance to beat Wofford but I think the ankle-biters are just too focused to let the game go. GSU is definitely dangerous and could play spoiler here but the game is in Boone and that's going to make the difference.

Both games could have a big impact on the SoCon race this season so it's anyone's guess which will be bigger. I think a Wofford loss would be bigger than an App loss at this point mainly because Elon is in a better position to fight for the title than GSU.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 15th, 2007, 10:02 AM
I can't decide if the Woffy/Elon or App/GSU game is bigger this week. Elon has a chance to beat Wofford but I think the ankle-biters are just too focused to let the game go. GSU is definitely dangerous and could play spoiler here but the game is in Boone and that's going to make the difference.

Both games could have a big impact on the SoCon race this season so it's anyone's guess which will be bigger. I think a Wofford loss would be bigger than an App loss at this point mainly because Elon is in a better position to fight for the title than GSU.

I think Elon over Wofford would have more of an impact, but I think GSU has a better chance of beating ASU.

Elon doesn't seem to have enough speed to the corners to be able to stop woffords rush attack.

lizrdgizrd
October 15th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I think Elon over Wofford would have more of an impact, but I think GSU has a better chance of beating ASU.

Elon doesn't seem to have enough speed to the corners to be able to stop woffords rush attack.
I can't argue with that. xcoolx

The Moody1
October 15th, 2007, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=Millwoch;692503]
GSU vs Appy I think this match up provides huge problems for GSU. Appy has a lot of speed to counter their run game. Elder is running his team just fine. A turnover by Appy could keep it close, but they win 38-31

FYI- Armanti Edwards should be ready to go on Saturday.

Millwoch
October 15th, 2007, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=Millwoch;692503]

Even worse for GSU...Will Moore play both QBs or go straight back to Edwards?

appfan2008
October 15th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Probably go completely with Edwards unless he reinjuires that shoulder and then we would see elder very quickly... i wouldnt be surprised to see elder early bc i think edwards will get reinjured like at wofford

OL FU
October 15th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Citadel 55
WCU 14

Furman 20
UTC 23
Elon 21

GSU 17
ASU 34

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Wishful thinkingxeyebrowx

AppChicago
October 15th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Looks like this is a well-worn path, but I'll put my picks out there for posterity.

Wofford 41, Elon 28. As much as I want Wofford to get dinged in the SoCon, I don't think this Elon team's the one to do it. It'll be a better game than the score suggests, but Wofford will never let it get away from them.

Furman 27, 'Nooga 14.

El Cid 35, WCU 16. Western will be beaten soundly, but the (The) Citadel defense has some holes.

Finally, ASU 28, GSU 22. Just thinking about this game makes my heart race. I'll admit. It scares me a little. It'll be my first time in KBS since the homecoming game against Elon last year. I'm hoping for a rout. We need some decisive victories. This one will be tough, though.

NashMoc
October 15th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Elon @ Wofford - Elon is a much improved team this season. Pete Lembo has done wonders in his short time in NC, but I absolutely refuse to pick against Wofford this year. Terriers 38 Phoenix 24

Citadel @ Wesetern Carolina - Bulldogs are a strong this season. Duran Lawson will tear up the Catamounts "D". However, I think that Adam Hearns is a pretty good QB. If Citadel gets consistent pressure on the QB they win big, if they don't they win a close game, either way, Citadel wins. Bulldogs 34 Catamounts 20

Furman @ Chattanooga - Furman has not found their way this season. The Mocs remain inconsistent as usual. The Mocs are begining to find their playmakers and have some real good young talent. UTC pulls off another upset versus one of the old guard big "3". Paladins 24 Mocs 27

Georgia Southern @ Appalachain - Mountaineers run over, around and through the Eagles porous defense. Yosef wins going away. Eagles 14 Mountaineers 42

ButlerGSU
October 15th, 2007, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=Millwoch;692503]

Is the bone actually chipped? Is there any way to protect that? I know you can't brace a shoulder but is there an extra pad he can wear to protect it?

The Moody1
October 15th, 2007, 02:10 PM
i think edwards will get reinjured like at wofford

What is your basis for this comment?

OL FU
October 15th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Winners

Citadel
ASU
Wofford
Furman

Really interesting to see how the Furman players react. This is the earliest I can remember in a long time that we have basically been eliminated from post season this early. I don't think we exited this early in '03.

proasu89
October 15th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Winners

Citadel
ASU
Wofford
Furman

Really interesting to see how the Furman players react. This is the earliest I can remember in a long time that we have basically been eliminated from post season this early. I don't think we exited this early in '03.

Let me see if I follow you Ol FU, this is the earliest you've been eliminated this earlyxlolx You haven't gone and researched this have you?xlolx

citdog
October 15th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Winners

THE Citadel
ASU
Wofford
Furman

fixed it! i also take back what i said earlier about our being friends again!xmadx xsmiley_wix

OL FU
October 15th, 2007, 03:43 PM
[/SIZE]

Let me see if I follow you Ol FU, this is the earliest you've been eliminated this earlyxlolx You haven't gone and researched this have you?xlolx

I type before I think. How do you think I get to 10,000 posts:p

OL FU
October 15th, 2007, 03:43 PM
fixed it! i also take back what i said earlier about our being friends again!xmadx xsmiley_wix

you were The Citadel before you beat us.:p

walliver
October 15th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Winners

Citadel
ASU
Wofford
Furman

The 1998 team was eliminated pretty early wasn't it. Of course that team was plagued by multiple injuries.

And I don't think you won a single game in 1889 (0-1)xnodx

LarryBoy
October 15th, 2007, 04:22 PM
In '03 we hung on until a close loss at Georgia Southern that put us at 5-4. Then Wofford claimed the SoCon on our field with a 7-6 victory a week later. That was a pretty sickening couple of weeks, one that has been unmatched until well.....now. We could use the defense from that year, though. They were something else.

In '98 we actually started 4-1, and then dropped 5 in a row. So by the time we crawled into Gibbs at 4-5, we were definitely out of it. I think I was in like 6th grade that year, so it's hard to remember what went wrong.

OL FU
October 15th, 2007, 04:34 PM
The 1998 team was eliminated pretty early wasn't it. Of course that team was plagued by multiple injuries.

And I don't think you won a single game in 1889 (0-1)xnodx

Thanks pretty good. Only two season. I can think of at least a few more than thatxsmiley_wix

Wonder who beat us in 1889xrolleyesx :D

OL FU
October 15th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Winners

Citadel
ASU
Wofford
Furman

boy lay off the neg rep points or I will take away your luggage cartxrolleyesx

OL FU
October 15th, 2007, 04:40 PM

boy lay off the neg rep points or I will take away your luggage cartxrolleyesx

AppChicago
October 15th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks pretty good. Only two season. I can think of at least a few more than thatxsmiley_wix

Wonder who beat us in 1889xrolleyesx :D

Ha. Two guesses.

catamount man
October 15th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Wishful thinkingxeyebrowx

Well, that's just in case we happen to win, then we'd be a half game ahead of you. HA!!xthumbsupx

Laserlips
October 15th, 2007, 06:46 PM
JMOFO:

I honestly believe that the GSU Eagles have the potential to lose to every team we have remaining on the schedule this season.. And, the potential to win every game we have remaining this season..

Our Eagles this season, especially with all of the injuries are like Forrest Gump would say regarding a box of chocolates.. "You just never know what you're gonna get"..

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

T-Dog
October 15th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Citadel 38
WCU 10

El Cit does what it does and WCU continues to be WCU)

Furman 28
UTC 24

If Furman loses here, Lamb is officially in trouble with App coming to Greenville next week. UTC can try to salvage their season with a win here.

Elon 31
Wofford 24

I'm rooting against Wofford from here on in. Nothing personal, I just want to win the SoCon, and win it outright.

GSU 14
ASU 37

Foster can only do so much plus I have faith in the App D now with our changes

HiHiYikas
October 15th, 2007, 06:58 PM
The timing is right for the all-cylinders ASU to show up and make a statement, much like they did last year against Furman. I was really surprised at that team and that outcome at the end of last October. I'd love to see a similar effort and similar result this Saturday. I'm not ready to pick that way, though, since conference wins seem pretty hard to come by this year.

ASU wins by, I dunno, 10-ish.

The Citadel beats WCU by 14 or more.

Furman and UTC play a relatively close one. I think this one could go either way, but I'll go with Furman by a touchdown or less.

I'll pull out some fuzzy math for the Wofford Elon game...a banged-up, having-a-bad-week ASU team is roughly equal to an improved Elon team...and Wofford is still Wofford, so I'll call for a 42-31 Wofford victory.

terrierbob
October 15th, 2007, 07:14 PM
ASU by 20
FU by 14
THE Cit by 14
Woff by 10

elcid96
October 15th, 2007, 07:42 PM
wofford 35 / elon 17
citadel 45 / western 35
app state 35 / georgia southern 14
furman 49 / chatanooga 0

appfan2008
October 15th, 2007, 08:31 PM
i dont like how everyone (including me) has asu winning so big over gsu

walliver
October 15th, 2007, 09:16 PM

I know how you feel. Most people have picked against Wofford every week and we have won. All these people picking us to win has me worried.

I think the ASU-GSU will be close. GSU could win, but they haven't really shown the ability to win the close ones and I've picked ASU. If Armanti is healthy, it may not be as close.

terrierbob
October 15th, 2007, 10:43 PM
I know how you feel. Most people have picked against Wofford every week and we have won. All these people picking us to win has me worried.

I think the ASU-GSU will be close. GSU could win, but they haven't really shown the ability to win the close ones and I've picked ASU. If Armanti is healthy, it may not be as close.

Fine, Walliver:

Elon 45 Wofford 38, OTxliarx

APPSTER
October 15th, 2007, 11:43 PM

I didn't pick you to win. I think Scott Riddle is going to light you guys up for 40 points. Elon had plenty of practice chasing Jayson Foster around....they'll handle Collier. You know those games where everything goes wrong? This is that game for Wofford - a freakin' nightmare in front of the home folk(s).

Make you feel better?

APPSTER
October 15th, 2007, 11:47 PM

You're not confident that Appalachian can handle an average GSU team at KBS? And you think that Armanti is going to get hurt again? Save it for your therapist.

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and people like me"........

AppChicago
October 16th, 2007, 12:04 AM
You're not confident that Appalachian can handle an average GSU team at KBS? And you think that Armanti is going to get hurt again? Save it for your therapist.

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and people like me"........

Ever hear that pride goeth before the fall? I think a lot of folks around here are just trying not to fall....

T-Dog
October 16th, 2007, 12:42 AM

The way I see it, they have Foster and not much else. We'll score a bunch and Foster can only do so much and I like the way our D is now. GaSo will score, but not as much as they think they will IMO.

james_lawfirm
October 16th, 2007, 05:50 AM

I think ASU wins handily. Further, I think it does not matter whether Armanti plays or not. Trey is doing fine. ASU's weak spot this season has been the run defense. I predict the new & improved defense will have its best game of the year against GaSo. Can't wait.

APPride
October 16th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Ever hear that pride goeth before the fall? I think a lot of folks around here are just trying not to fall....

I don't think the ASU team will have this mentality.

IMO, this is when a team stumbles. Can't play skeer'ed! (but I do not think you meant the team).

Fans this weekend need to use everything on the line to drive them to GET LOUDER, BE PATIENT, and realize the team has BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! and that includes an ASU coaching staff that has important losses in the past at just these times. This is why we had to go through all those near misses for many years. I trust they are coaching to all that for these next few games.

What I hate to see is stupid in your face overexuberance by bandwagon fans regarding the opponent. or no respect for other teams they do not even play just as qualified to win it all. or not paying homage to the fact their team no matter how good can lose on AGS!

(it just better not be THIS Saturday) :)

terrierbob
October 16th, 2007, 08:47 AM
I didn't pick you to win. I think Scott Riddle is going to light you guys up for 40 points. Elon had plenty of practice chasing Jayson Foster around....they'll handle Collier. You know those games where everything goes wrong? This is that game for Wofford - a freakin' nightmare in front of the home folk(s).

Make you feel better?

Works for me.

The Moody1
October 16th, 2007, 09:07 AM
JMOFO:

I honestly believe that the GSU Eagles have the potential to lose to every team we have remaining on the schedule this season.. And, the potential to win every game we have remaining this season.

Wow, that is deep. ;)

Longrifle
October 16th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Fine, Walliver:

Elon 45 Wofford 38, OTxliarx

No way. Elon is a one dimensional team with a freshman QB. Wofford will stuff Elons attempt to run, and the Wofford zone D will confuse the freshman QB in spades. Wofford wins by 40.

Millwoch
October 16th, 2007, 10:00 AM
No way. Elon is a one dimensional team with a freshman QB. Wofford will stuff Elons attempt to run, and the Wofford zone D will confuse the freshman QB in spades. Wofford wins by 40.

Turnovers are the key again for Wofford (when Woffy turns it over, it has been close and when the get the TO they win big..lately it has been the later) Elon will look for any holes in that Wofford D(not sure there are many) by looking at El Cid game tape. I think Elon's receivers are better than El Cids, but if woffy tackles well it will not matter. I think this one will be lower scoring.

ElonPride
October 16th, 2007, 10:30 AM

What does a freshman QB have to do with anything. Many teams with freshman QBs have great success........ala, App St last year!

This freshman QB has thrown for 1900 yards, 17 passing TDs and 4 rushing Tds in 6 games!

Longrifle
October 16th, 2007, 11:55 AM
What does a freshman QB have to do with anything. Many teams with freshman QBs have great success........ala, App St last year!

This freshman QB has thrown for 1900 yards, 17 passing TDs and 4 rushing Tds in 6 games!

Oops. Forgot to put a winky at the end of the post. ;)

Black Saturday
October 16th, 2007, 12:16 PM

But, if they decide to run it up by chance then they could win by 60 and make a case for a playoff seed!;)

terrierbob
October 16th, 2007, 12:20 PM
But, if they decide to run it up by chance then they could win by 60 and make a case for a playoff seed!;)

So I guess this will be the on-field equivalent of "hot hot hot"?
xrolleyesx

Black Saturday
October 16th, 2007, 12:24 PM
So I guess this will be the on-field equivalent of "hot hot hot"?
xrolleyesx

Nah, it wouldn't be fair to start a flame war with all 7 of you Wofford fans.xeyebrowx

terrierbob
October 16th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Nah, it wouldn't be fair to start a flame war with all 7 of you Wofford fans.xeyebrowx

Ouch!xbawlingx

dungeonjoe
October 16th, 2007, 12:58 PM

Wofford fans are well organized and execute their plan well. We run the triple option making it look like there are more of us here than there really are. It runs so well that I must confess that I am the only Wofford fan on AGS and my real identity is Cap'n Cat.

lizrdgizrd
October 16th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Wofford fans are well organized and execute their plan well. We run the triple option making it look like there are more of us here than there really are. It runs so well that I must confess that I am the only Wofford fan on AGS and my real identity is Cap'n Cat.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cap'n Cat again. xsmiley_wix

walliver
October 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM

I thought you were ***** xconfusedx

dungeonjoe
October 16th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I thought you were ***** xconfusedx
that's an option. But it might be construed as a forward lateral.

APPSTER
October 17th, 2007, 07:49 PM
What I hate to see is stupid in your face overexuberance by bandwagon fans regarding the opponent. or no respect for other teams they do not even play just as qualified to win it all. or not paying homage to the fact their team no matter how good can lose on AGS!

Dude you've been on AGS for 5 minutes and you already "hate to see" stuff? If you take away all that you hate to see on here, AGS ceases to exist.

matfu
October 19th, 2007, 01:35 PM
i vote app state will whip ga southern. don't think foster can beat them by himself. i will be pulling for ga southern.

OL FU
October 19th, 2007, 01:36 PM
i vote app state will whip ga southern. don't think foster can beat them by himself. i will be pulling for ga southern.

Is there anyway they both can losexeyebrowx

matfu
October 19th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Is there anyway they both can losexeyebrowx

the way they both lose is for ga southern to beat app state and then ga southern not get in the playoffs which i predict they won't. i have to go with the underdog plus after having to deal with van goober last year, ga southern deserves to have something good happen to them and their new coach.

james_lawfirm
October 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM
the way they both lose is for ga southern to beat app state and then ga southern not get in the playoffs which i predict they won't. i have to go with the underdog plus after having to deal with van goober last year, ga southern deserves to have something good happen to them and their new coach.

I too wish GaSo well and they deserve it JUST AFTER their ASU game! xrotatehx