PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State/Iowa

acbearkat
September 3rd, 2022, 02:27 PM
That game is offensive for a lack of offense. It’s a snooze fest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christiank22
September 3rd, 2022, 02:29 PM
For real. SDSU doesn’t look scary at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinny_uncle
September 3rd, 2022, 05:59 PM
Looked like a defensive struggle.

semobison
September 3rd, 2022, 07:30 PM
21 punts for over 900 yards!

Daytripper
September 3rd, 2022, 07:49 PM
Brutal. This result says more about the ineptitude of Iowa than SDSU. Brutal.

JacksFan40
September 3rd, 2022, 08:18 PM
Iowa has arguably the best defense in the FBS, this doesn’t excuse our horrendous offensive showing but it’s definitely worth noting. Also they have the best punter in CFB and he was single-handedly responsible for putting us in position for those safeties to happen. If he doesn’t pin us on the 1 yard line like that we’d of went to OT at 3-3.

Our defense played lights out so at least that’s a positive, but Iowa is also horrible on offense so who knows. All I know is that the rest of the FCS not named NDSU would’ve been throttled in that game.

Hopefully we rebound next week and throttle UC-Davis.

Also loving what K-State is doing to USD.

Uncle Rico
September 3rd, 2022, 09:24 PM
Iowa has arguably the best defense in the FBS, this doesn’t excuse our horrendous offensive showing but it’s definitely worth noting. Also they have the best punter in CFB and he was single-handedly responsible for putting us in position for those safeties to happen. If he doesn’t pin us on the 1 yard line like that we’d of went to OT at 3-3.

Our defense played lights out so at least that’s a positive, but Iowa is also horrible on offense so who knows. All I know is that the rest of the FCS not named NDSU would’ve been throttled in that game.

Hopefully we rebound next week and throttle UC-Davis.

Also loving what K-State is doing to USD.K-State would have throttled the rest of the FCS except for NDSU as well, to be fair.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
September 3rd, 2022, 09:37 PM
Was the SDSU starting QB injured badly? He really got drilled on one play and had to leave the game.

JacksFan40
September 3rd, 2022, 09:49 PM
Was the SDSU starting QB injured badly? He really got drilled on one play and had to leave the game.
He hasn’t played since the 2021 spring season. He was off even before he got banged up. I thought they said he may have just had cramps but could’ve been something else. He missed a wide open Jadon Janke early in the game that would’ve been an easy TD, and would’ve probably won us the game.

JacksFan40
September 3rd, 2022, 09:51 PM
K-State would have throttled the rest of the FCS except for NDSU as well, to be fair.

Assuming K-State doesn’t have a defense on Iowa’s level, I feel we’d of matched up fine with them. Our D-Line imposed its will on Iowa’s O-Line most of the game. Vaughn wouldn’t of had as much running space, and Martinez didn’t look great.

Uncle Rico
September 3rd, 2022, 10:49 PM
Assuming K-State doesn’t have a defense on Iowa’s level, I feel we’d of matched up fine with them. Our D-Line imposed its will on Iowa’s O-Line most of the game. Vaughn wouldn’t of had as much running space, and Martinez didn’t look great.Somebody's letting a moral victory go to their head.....

JacksFan40
September 3rd, 2022, 11:02 PM
Somebody's letting a moral victory go to their head.....

Well at least we scored points. USD couldn’t even do that against a Big 12 defense.

jacksfan29!
September 3rd, 2022, 11:14 PM
KSU looked good, but don’t pretend USD didn’t have a lot to do with it. USD looked slow.

Uncle Rico
September 3rd, 2022, 11:55 PM
KSU looked good, but don’t pretend USD didn’t have a lot to do with it. USD looked slow.Not pretending at all. USD played a poor game. I never said otherwise. I'm saying KSU would have done the same thing to the rest of the FCS outside of probably NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2022, 07:11 AM
Well at least we scored points. USD couldn’t even do that against a Big 12 defense.

Watching highlights of this game, SDSU is going to be just fine IMO.

Very good defense and that offense will definitely be very good with more game reps to come.

Davis is going to get crushed.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2022, 08:05 AM
Watching highlights of this game, SDSU is going to be just fine IMO.

Very good defense and that offense will definitely be very good with more game reps to come.

Davis is going to get crushed.
Yep. I don’t care how bad the Iowa offense might be, SDSU looked great on D for the portion of the game I saw. Iowa was lucky they had a good punter

MR. CHICKEN
September 4th, 2022, 08:24 AM
WABBITS....THANKS FO' DINKEL.......HE UNCORKED UH 63 YARDER......AGIN' NAVY.......7/45.4 AVG....AWK!

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2022, 08:49 AM
Yep. I don’t care how bad the Iowa offense might be, SDSU looked great on D for the portion of the game I saw. Iowa was lucky they had a good punter
There was a pretty passionate "MVP" chant from the Iowa crowd whenever their punter was on their field.

Birgs
September 4th, 2022, 09:08 AM
If Gronowski doesn't miss most of that quarter, it's a different game. SD St. is a legitimate title contender with that defense.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2022, 09:48 AM
There was a pretty passionate "MVP" chant from the Iowa crowd whenever their punter was on their field.How did Thumper handle the defeat, that game was there for the taking but SDSU just is not ready for primetime. xsmiley_wix

Schism55
September 4th, 2022, 09:54 AM
Jacks will be just fine imo. That Iowa offense though, oof that was putrid

Hopefully none of the Jacks injuries are serious, any updates on that?

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

KPSUL
September 4th, 2022, 03:29 PM
Not pretending at all. USD played a poor game. I never said otherwise. I'm saying KSU would have done the same thing to the rest of the FCS outside of probably NDSU and SDSU.

FIFY

Bisonoline
September 4th, 2022, 07:40 PM
Brutal. This result says more about the ineptitude of Iowa than SDSU. Brutal.

Iowa QB is just abysmal. He was their QB last year and I cant believe they didnt have a better choice this year.