PDA

View Full Version : SIU Saluki Fans

crunifan
October 14th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I just felt it was important to tell you guys that you have a great team, but more importantly some great fans. The SIU fans I met yesterday were some classy people and you supported your team well in the Dome!

You'll bounce back with ease, and I can't wait to see you guys in the playoffs!

Killsback
October 14th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I wa one of the fans at the game and we appreciated the atmosphere, relilshed the opportunity to possibly spring the upset and look forward to the game in 2009.
We had a blast even though we lost a tough game. It's always easier when you only have an hour plane ride home instead of that old 9 hour bus ride.

crunifan
October 14th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I wa one of the fans at the game and we appreciated the atmosphere, relilshed the opportunity to possibly spring the upset and look forward to the game in 2009.
We had a blast even though we lost a tough game. It's always easier when you only have an hour plane ride home instead of that old 9 hour bus ride.

I'm glad you had a good time (minus the loss). Were you able to get out and tailgate before the game?

I'm curious, what did you think of the atmosphere in the dome?

Killsback
October 14th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Montana was better for our playff game last year, but yesterday was the best Gateway atmosphere I have ever been a part of. The difference is Montana's fans are into every down of every series whereas your fans are kind of front runners and get loud on obvious situations. Great atmosphere, but Montana's was still tops in my book.

Reed Rothchild
October 14th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Montana was better for our playff game last year, but yesterday was the best Gateway atmosphere I have ever been a part of. The difference is Montana's fans are into every down of every series whereas your fans are kind of front runners and get loud on obvious situations. Great atmosphere, but Montana's was still tops in my book.

In 2001, they were destroying us and there was not one empty seat in the house and the fans were loud as ever. UNI fans would have been out of the dome in the 3rd qtr in that case.

crunifan
October 14th, 2007, 05:28 PM

I would agree 100%. Plus, while I loved the towels, I think it took away from how loud it could have been had people been clapping. It was a nice breeze though, haha! It was pretty hot in there yesterday.

appfan2008
October 14th, 2007, 05:33 PM

were you on the team plane or charter? or why were you flying? just curious

Mountain Panther
October 14th, 2007, 05:34 PM
were you on the team plane or charter? or why were you flying? just curious

I would imagine flights from Carbondale to Waterloo are not readily available.

crunifan
October 14th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I would imagine flights from Carbondale to Waterloo are not readily available.

Cedar Rapids to St. Louis would be the most available. But I doubt anyone would ever do that. That's more driving that flying, haha.

Houndawg
October 14th, 2007, 06:24 PM
I just felt it was important to tell you guys that you have a great team, but more importantly some great fans. The SIU fans I met yesterday were some classy people and you supported your team well in the Dome!

You'll bounce back with ease, and I can't wait to see you guys in the playoffs!

I'm glad your experience was better than Rob getting drinks poured on his car. Best of luck to you the rest of the year, I think if we get the rematch our incentive negates the Dome advantage and we got a pick 'em game.

Killsback
October 14th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Team charter..they took about 20 extra fans to the game on the charter...

Houndawg
October 14th, 2007, 06:31 PM

Wow, that's fast plane; I never get called for these gigs:( .

Killsback
October 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Flew on a 737..Chartered with Miami Air. great trip overall.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2007, 01:29 PM
I'm glad your experience was better than Rob getting drinks poured on his car. Best of luck to you the rest of the year, I think if we get the rematch our incentive negates the Dome advantage and we got a pick 'em game.

that was in chatty vs. app st

Ronin
October 15th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I've been reading SIU comments on several boards and their fans are great!

I was at the game this week and with the exception of the students behavior (booing SIU). I thought everything went well.

I still believe SIU will be in the playoffs this year, just hope we don't have to play them in Carbondale... tough team. UNI knocked out their receiver and he's back in a couple of downs later.

Houndawg
October 15th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I've been reading SIU comments on several boards and their fans are great!

I was at the game this week and with the exception of the students behavior (booing SIU). I thought everything went well.

I still believe SIU will be in the playoffs this year, just hope we don't have to play them in Carbondale... tough team. UNI knocked out their receiver and he's back in a couple of downs later.

Due to your win Sat. you should be home through the playoffs, I don't see anyone else beating you unless there's a real mental breakdown. With the help of the gods you will be undefeated when we meet in Chattanooga.xnodx

Killsback
October 15th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Playing at WIU is never easy especially when they are playing as physical as they are this year. They held a very potent MSU offense to just 10 points. SIU also has to go to WIU in three weeks.

Houndawg
October 15th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Playing at WIU is never easy especially when they are playing as physical as they are this year. They held a very potent MSU offense to just 10 points. SIU also has to go to WIU in three weeks.

xwhistlex We'll have UNI soften them up a little.