PDA

View Full Version : 2022 AGS Pick'em Challenge (Week 1)

MTfan4life
August 30th, 2022, 01:43 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Nx3xzAn.gif

We are back! Fashionably late as always, but my life is much much more busy than it used to be! This is my favorite competition on AGS, though, so I don't want to give it up and hope everyone returns along with many more competitors!

For the most part, the rules will stay the same. I will do 30 games each week of as much FCS vs. FCS competition as possible. The first few weeks I may switch that just so I can get to 30. Or possibly do a hybrid of something like "What will the game result be?" 'NDSU wins by 20+' or 'NDSU wins by <20 or Loses'.

Scoring will be pretty basic, for the most part. One point for each correct game picked. There will be a couple of additional opportunities, though. The top game on the Pick'em form each week will be worth two points. Then there will be a couple bonus questions each week. If that person or persons gets the pick right on, they will get 2 bonus points. Just like last time around, I'll keep the bonus questions weird, wild, and different each week! xrotatehx

If you've participated in previous seasons, you know I'm very flexible and will both accept picks up until game time and will usually send out reminders as well. If you're always an end-of-the-week picker and would appreciate me leaving you out of the reminders, please let me know! I just want maximum entries each and every week! Last season we had around 40 people submit picks every single week and over 60 total competitors. The deadline for picks each week will be right before the first game on Saturday starts, usually around Noon Eastern time. Most often, I'll try not to include a Thursday or Friday night game. However, this first week, there are some good ones early, so they will be in there. You can still submit all the way until Saturday in those circumstances. You'll just miss the game if you submitted after each respective kickoff.

Shoutout to the past two winners:
2021 JacksFan40 in a tight battle through the final week
2019 Gangtackle11 in a barnburner that came down to the final game.
2018 Scrappy94 in a blowout

Who will come out on top this season?

Here is the form for Week 1: https://forms.gle/3ygHyHfdh82MAKjk7

Please note, about a third of the games are on Thursday or Friday. This will be the one week you'll need to get your picks in earlier than Saturday. You can still submit up to Saturday, but you'll miss out on 10 of the 30 games.

As a bonus to pay attention to this week, you will have the chance to pick AQ conference auto-bid champs, along with last place teams from a few select conferences. Each correct pick will result in a two point bonus to your end of season total! For the champ, it needs to be the auto qualifier. For last place, it's just each team with the worst record in the conference. I did this last minute, so there may be an error in there, but if you have any questions, please let me know!

Also, as one more tweak to the scoring this year, along with the 2 point toss-up of the week, the game with picks most split down the middle, will be worth 2 points as well!

https://i.imgur.com/Y0M3q88.gif

bonarae
August 30th, 2022, 02:00 AM
In!

caribbeanhen
August 30th, 2022, 07:53 AM
The Sargasso is ready this year

The efforts of MTfan are very much appreciated

ElCid
August 30th, 2022, 09:33 AM
Awesome. Was wondering if you were going to do it. Thanks for your time and effort!

wapiti
August 30th, 2022, 09:44 AM
In

POD Knows
August 30th, 2022, 11:05 AM
WOW, thanks for this, it looked like a lot of work. My picks are in, onward and downward to the bottom of the pack

ysubigred
August 30th, 2022, 02:32 PM
In. Thanks for doing this. A lot of work and makes you think.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Roamingriz
August 30th, 2022, 04:17 PM
I am in. Thanks MT!

JALMOND
August 30th, 2022, 04:29 PM
I will be making my picks shortly. I need to first figure out which conference certain teams are in. xembarrassedx

McNeese75
August 30th, 2022, 04:55 PM
I'm in but a lot of SWAG going on here

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2022, 04:56 PM
In!

Daytripper
August 30th, 2022, 04:58 PM
That second page felt like a dissertation.xeyebrowx

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2022, 05:13 PM

Well, at least for me, it did require a lot of research to figure out conference affiliations!

MTfan4life
August 30th, 2022, 05:40 PM

I mean it IS college pick'em. It's gotta feel like college in some way or form! xlolx

JacksFan40
August 30th, 2022, 06:53 PM
Time to defend my crown.

ysubigred
August 30th, 2022, 08:23 PM
Time to defend my crown.You're going down... POD will #bookit past your crown [emoji2958]

ysubigred
August 30th, 2022, 08:24 PM
I mean it IS college pick'em. It's gotta feel like college in some way or form! xlolxWhoa.. I'm glad you didn't require us to cite our research.. [emoji1787]

ncspiderfan
August 30th, 2022, 10:25 PM
in

Thanks for efforts on this.

dewey
August 30th, 2022, 11:19 PM
I mean it IS college pick'em. It's gotta feel like college in some way or form! xlolx

I would rather take the hangover than the homework🤣

Dewey

Milktruck74
August 31st, 2022, 07:19 AM
IT ain't gonna be pretty...but I'm in.

crusader11
August 31st, 2022, 07:56 AM
In! One more sleep until we get going.

Bisonator
August 31st, 2022, 08:57 AM
In

Thanks MTfan4life for doing this again!

Daytripper
August 31st, 2022, 09:08 AM
Well, at least for me, it did require a lot of research to figure out conference affiliations!

That is what I meant...a lot of research.

MSUBobcat
August 31st, 2022, 12:25 PM
In. First couple weeks are always a crap shoot for me. Wasn't sure if Jax State was eligible for the ASUN championship, but ultimately decided they wouldn't win it anyway, so it was moot.

Like everyone, I also appreciate the work you put in, MTfan. One of the most entertaining, and informational, parts of the football season. xbowx

Carolina010
August 31st, 2022, 03:24 PM
Going to try and stay out of the basement this year. I’m in

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 31st, 2022, 03:34 PM
In! One more sleep until we get going.

Really stoked for the is FCS season! With the legalized corruption of FBS, Temple's lala-land conference status and conference re-alignment "big-time" football has lost some juice. With that said, I will still cheer my Irish and Owls while pulling for the likes of Syracuse, Kansas State, Northwestern, Michigan, Wisconsin, Army, Navy and Air Force....

atthewbon
August 31st, 2022, 10:02 PM
In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTfan4life
August 31st, 2022, 10:49 PM
In. First couple weeks are always a crap shoot for me. Wasn't sure if Jax State was eligible for the ASUN championship, but ultimately decided they wouldn't win it anyway, so it was moot.

Like everyone, I also appreciate the work you put in, MTfan. One of the most entertaining, and informational, parts of the football season. xbowx

This was part of why I used auto-bid as the primary designation for conference champion for this conference. All the heading to FBS teams are also-rans and after-thoughts in my mind at this point anyways.

ElCid
August 31st, 2022, 11:34 PM
Staying up way too late to review, but in.

JALMOND
August 31st, 2022, 11:48 PM
I think I'm in.

mvemjsunpx
September 1st, 2022, 12:57 AM
In.

MSUBobcat
September 1st, 2022, 10:34 AM
This was part of why I used auto-bid as the primary designation for conference champion for this conference. All the heading to FBS teams are also-rans and after-thoughts in my mind at this point anyways.

Ahhhhhh... see that assumes I read instructions which I clearly didn't do, because I was surprised when I filled in my answers and clicked next and found another pop quiz! Reading is FUNdamental...

Catbooster
September 1st, 2022, 11:53 AM
In

MR. CHICKEN
September 1st, 2022, 12:04 PM
IN

CockyGeek
September 1st, 2022, 02:31 PM

Well, ASUN said we were and then backtracked after we steamrolled SFA. Whatever.

Preferred Walk-On
September 1st, 2022, 02:56 PM
I'm in.

TheKingpin28
September 1st, 2022, 04:23 PM
In but I ain't going to do well

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

JALMOND
September 1st, 2022, 04:47 PM
I think I'm in.

I forgot to mention that I do have my dartboard ready. :)

FCSbuff319
September 1st, 2022, 06:19 PM
I'm in. Someone's gotta take last! I vote free cheeseburgers for last place this year, Mr. Lahey!