PDA

View Full Version : Montana Stats vs Sac state

TokyoGriz
October 13th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Power Playing once again by our offense. 80 yards rushing and 93 yards passing for a grand total of 173 yards.

Defense had 5 turnovers and played well. They still allowed alot of yards but a Win is a win. Maybe 346 yards of offense by the opponents seemed like alot campared to the pathetic yardage the griz had.

Lex Hilliard our star running back carries the ball 15 times for a massive 33 yards. ???

Of course the old saying Offense, Defense and special teams wins the day. Montana had no offense and has really had none for a few games.

Just frustrating since I know theres talent on this offense. We play some of the worst teams in the big sky conference and have nothing to show for it on our offense.

Hope they fire the OC soon.

MONTANA SAC
1st Downs 9 21
Rushes-Yds 38-80 43-144
Pass Yds 93 202
Plays 67-173 93-346
Avg/play 2.6 3.7
Kick ret 2-45 4-70
Punt ret 3-36 3-16
Int ret 5-94 2--12
Fumb ret 0-0 0-0
Penalties 3-15 9-74
Punts 7-42.9 6-40.2
Possession 27:26 32:34
3rd-Dn Eff 6/18 7/20
4th-Dn Eff 1/2 1/3

Montana
----RUSHING---- #-Yds TD
Cole Bergquist 9-33 0
Lex Hilliard 15-33 1
Greg Coleman 7-16 0
Brooks-Fletche 5-3 0
Torrey Thomas 1--2 0
TEAM 1--3 0

Montana
---RECEIVING--- #-Yds TD
Ryan Bagley 3-31 0
Eric Allen 3-30 0
Kevin Klaboe 2-5 0
Mike Ferriter 1-17 0
Greg Coleman 1-7 0
Steve Pfahler 1-3 0
Lex Hilliard 1-0 0

Team Player AttCmpInt Yds TD Lg
MONTAN Cole Bergquist 25-12- 1 93 0 17
MONTAN Andrew Selle 4- 0- 1 0 0 0
SAC Jason Smith 50-23- 5 202 0 19

Casey_Orourke
October 13th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Power Playing once again by our offense. 80 yards rushing and 93 yards passing for a grand total of 173 yards.

Defense had 5 turnovers and played well. They still allowed alot of yards but a Win is a win. Maybe 346 yards of offense by the opponents seemed like alot campared to the pathetic yardage the griz had.

Lex Hilliard our star running back carries the ball 15 times for a massive 33 yards. ???

Of course the old saying Offense, Defense and special teams wins the day. Montana had no offense and has really had none for a few games.

Just frustrating since I know theres talent on this offense. We play some of the worst teams in the big sky conference and have nothing to show for it on our offense.

Hope they fire the OC soon.

Qtr: 4 | Team Player AttCmpInt Yds TD Lg
ToGo: 13 1--3 Used 00:22 | MONTAN Cole Bergquist 25-12- 1 93 0 17
Ball: SAC33 | MONTAN Andrew Selle 4- 0- 1 0 0 0
<*> MONTANA. 7 0 0 10 - 17 | SAC Jason Smith 50-23- 5 202 0 19
SAC..... 0 3 0 0 - 3 |
Montana Sacramento State
MONTANA SAC | ----RUSHING---- #-Yds TD |----RUSHING---- #-Yds TD
1st Downs 9 21 | Cole Bergquist 9-33 0 |Bryan Hilliard 17-83 0
Rushes-Yds 38-80 43-144 | Lex Hilliard 15-33 1 |Travon Jones 8-41 0
Pass Yds 93 202 | Greg Coleman 7-16 0 |Jason Smith 14-12 0
Passing 12-29-2 23-50-5 | Brooks-Fletche 5-3 0 |Tony Washingto 1-6 0
Plays 67-173 93-346 | Torrey Thomas 1--2 0 |Ryan Coogler 1-4 0
Avg/play 2.6 3.7 | TEAM 1--3 0 |Cyrus Mulitalo 2--2 0
Kick ret 2-45 4-70 | |
Punt ret 3-36 3-16 | ---RECEIVING--- #-Yds TD |---RECEIVING--- #-Yds TD
Int ret 5-94 2--12 | Ryan Bagley 3-31 0 |Ryan Coogler 8-58 0
Fumb ret 0-0 0-0 | Eric Allen 3-30 0 |Phillip Perry 6-53 0
Fumb-Lost 2-2 2-1 | Kevin Klaboe 2-5 0 |Dylan Lane 2-21 0
Penalties 3-15 9-74 | Mike Ferriter 1-17 0 |Tony Washingto 2-18 0
Punts 7-42.9 6-40.2 | Greg Coleman 1-7 0 |Travon Jones 2-14 0
Possession 27:26 32:34 | Steve Pfahler 1-3 0 |Brian Heath 1-19 0
3rd-Dn Eff 6/18 7/20 | Lex Hilliard 1-0 0 |Bryan Hilliard 1-14 0
4th-Dn Eff 1/2 1/3 | |Crosby Wehr 1-5 0
| |

Granted, a win is a win, but it is far from an impressive or a quality win. I expected more from a team of Montana's caliber. It almost seems like the Montana players are playing just enough to win, but not going for the jugular as they have in the past.

Have the Grizzlies lost their focus? If so, they better get it back. If they do win out the BSC with piddling preformances like this the other playoff teams will eat them for lunch

DuckDuckGriz
October 13th, 2007, 08:54 PM
I don't know about that, Casey. The Griz won alot of BSC games like this last year and dominated in the playoffs. I actually think this is better for them. This win was not impressive, but I'll take it. The PSU-Montana game is shaping up to be a good one.

SeattleGriz
October 13th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Granted, a win is a win, but it is far from an impressive or a quality win. I expected more from a team of Montana's caliber. It almost seems like the Montana players are playing just enough to win, but not going for the jugular as they have in the past.

Have the Grizzlies lost their focus? If so, they better get it back. If they do win out the BSC with piddling preformances like this the other playoff teams will eat them for lunch

I highly doubt that. xtwocentsx

Casey_Orourke
October 13th, 2007, 09:08 PM
I don't know about that, Casey. The Griz won alot of BSC games like this last year and dominated in the playoffs. I actually think this is better for them. This win was not impressive, but I'll take it. The PSU-Montana game is shaping up to be a good one.

maybe you're right, But I have the feeling that many of you Griz fans are clutching your chests, yelling "C'mon DAMMIT!!!!! Just put them away!!!!"

TokyoGriz
October 13th, 2007, 09:10 PM
It would be better for them to LOSE a game when they play so badly.

Then the team both coaches and players would have to decide if they really WANTED to win the conference and the National Championship.

A whole bunch of terrrible games were they win isnt helpful. They learn negative reinforcment. That is we can play like crap and still win. So who cares?

DuckDuckGriz
October 13th, 2007, 09:12 PM
maybe you're right, But I have the feeling that many of you Griz fans are clutching your chests, yelling "C'mon DAMMIT!!!!! Just put them away!!!!"

Yes indeed but we are spoiled.

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 10:23 PM

Not exactly, I mean there were some close games. The Weber game comes to mind, but at least it was entertaining as we scored 33 points, also the Cat game but that is to be expected. The Griz put up 59 on this team last year and couldn't do diddly squat on O this week. The Griz have a ways to go before they "win" the Big Sky.

TokyoGriz
October 14th, 2007, 01:57 AM
This really seems like a coaching issue to me.

The offensive line coach needs to get his boys working together, and Rob Phonecie the OC should be fired.

Even head coach Bobby Hauk said that the Hornets knew what plays we were going to try on offense before we even set up.

The only good game this years Griz have had was against a division 2 team from Colorado.

AZGrizFan
October 14th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Interesting. 17 points on 173 yards. That's a point every ten yards.

If they ever get the offense figured out, watch out! That's the most efficient offense I think I've ever seen! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AggieFinn
October 14th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Good Lordy! Was the Griz O really so bad today, or was the Suck State D making that many plays!?

TokyoGriz
October 14th, 2007, 02:25 AM
Interesting. 17 points on 173 yards. That's a point every ten yards.

If they ever get the offense figured out, watch out! That's the most efficient offense I think I've ever seen! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Thats like saying if the QB completes 3 passes out of 50 attempts, and gets 1 touchdown with a pass then he is the most efficient passer youve ever seen.

Id say you can call this a defensive win for sure. Griz offense turned the ball over 4 times as well.

But hey if the Griz do actually get "It" and start playing to thier ability they would be a great team.

AZGrizFan
October 14th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Good Lordy! Was the Griz O really so bad today, or was the Suck State D making that many plays!?

I don't think it's a big secret right now that the Griz O absolutely blows. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

uofmman1122
October 14th, 2007, 02:49 AM
maybe you're right, But I have the feeling that many of you Griz fans are clutching your chests, yelling "C'mon DAMMIT!!!!! Just put them away!!!!"I actually said those exact words earlier today. xlolx

Casey_Orourke
October 14th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I actually said those exact words earlier today. xlolx
great minds think alike?xlolx

McNeese_beat
October 14th, 2007, 10:53 AM
As the Griz faithful complain about style points, they are headed to staying home on Thanksgiving weekend and the next week at least while more than half of FCS football no longer has any post-season prospects...

Not a bad position to be in. You guys can get your act together and still be in a great position. Illinois State, Sam Houston, Furman, Hampton, (I'm sure there are others) can get their act together, win out, but NOT make the playoffs.

It could be much worse...

ThreadStopper
October 14th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Not a bad position to be in. You guys can get your act together and still be in a great position. Illinois State, Sam Houston, Furman, Hampton, (I'm sure there are others) can get their act together, win out, but NOT make the playoffs.

On how I wish the Griz was on the Cal Poly schedule this year. Even if we have to go to Montana, again!

Peems
October 14th, 2007, 05:38 PM
As the Griz faithful complain about style points, they are headed to staying home on Thanksgiving weekend and the next week at least while more than half of FCS football no longer has any post-season prospects...

I understand your points, but what we Griz are saying is that if we don't turn things around quick we will have a lot more to complain about than "style points."

McNeese_beat
October 15th, 2007, 01:02 AM
I understand your points, but what we Griz are saying is that if we don't turn things around quick we will have a lot more to complain about than "style points."

I agree you guys have issues. Heck, I've dropped you from No. 2 to No. 6 on my top 25 ballot (based on what other teams ARE doing more so than on what you are NOT doing).

But I just posted that to create perspective; you have issues at Montana, yes. But half the country, if not more, would give their left (fill in the blank) to have your problems right now...

AZGrizFan
October 15th, 2007, 01:06 AM
I agree you guys have issues. Heck, I've dropped you from No. 2 to No. 6 on my top 25 ballot (based on what other teams ARE doing more so than on what you are NOT doing).

But I just posted that to create perspective; you have issues at Montana, yes. But half the country, if not more, would give their left (fill in the blank) to have your problems right now...

Actually, I think half the country DOES have the problems we have, they just haven't been fortunate to go undefeated in the process.... :o :o :o

srgrizizen
October 15th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Even head coach Bobby Hauk said that the Hornets knew what plays we were going to try on offense before we even set up.

Yeah, but how did they know which one of the three was coming at that time?xchinscratchx xchinscratchx

Casey_Orourke
October 15th, 2007, 01:26 PM

Could it be a case where after watching what amounts to the same game tapes of Montana year in and year out, that the team has become so predictable that opposing coaches know pretty much what the Griz will do in nearly every situation?

McNeese_beat
October 15th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Actually, I think half the country DOES have the problems we have, they just haven't been fortunate to go undefeated in the process.... :o :o :o

I don't know...from what I've been reading y'all can't stop anybody and you can't play any offense. Sounds like you're slower, smaller, less mature and not as well coached as anybody you're playing.
:( :( :( xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx
But you're 6-0...
xbowx xbowx xbowx ;) :D :) xrotatehx xnodx

putter
October 15th, 2007, 03:23 PM

I think Sac gets fired up at home, especially on homecoming. They held NAU to 189 yards and beat them 38-9 to at least we came out of there with a W!

AZGrizFan
October 15th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I don't know...from what I've been reading y'all can't stop anybody and you can't play any offense. Sounds like you're slower, smaller, less mature and not as well coached as anybody you're playing.
:( :( :( xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx
But you're 6-0...
xbowx xbowx xbowx ;) :D :) xrotatehx xnodx

As I said, half the country DOES have those problems. Just that most of those teams are anywhere from 0-6 to 2-4.... xcoolx

AZGrizFan
October 15th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Could it be a case where after watching what amounts to the same game tapes of Montana year in and year out, that the team has become so predictable that opposing coaches know pretty much what the Griz will do in nearly every situation?

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

And they also know that Rob Phenice is like the Waterboy's coach (Henry Winlker) who has lost his playbook.... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

DuckDuckGriz
October 15th, 2007, 04:14 PM

That's what I think in a way. I think it is like that for all Big Sky teams, who have a much better chance every year of beating Montana than anyone else. They see them week in and week out in game film and get to know their offensive ways. And with Phenecie there is little mystery involved.

AZGrizFan
October 15th, 2007, 04:18 PM
That's what I think in a way. I think it is like that for all Big Sky teams, who have a much better chance every year of beating Montana than anyone else. They see them week in and week out in game film and get to know their offensive ways. And with Phenecie there is little mystery involved.

And only a tiiiiiiinnnnyyyyy little brain to go along with it...... xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx