PDA

View Full Version : AGS Crazy 8’s Survival League - Week 1, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
August 28th, 2022, 04:40 PM
Welcome to the 2nd Annual AGS Survival League (separate and different game from the AGS Survivor Pool run by Chalupa Batman).

Last year, we picked 5 teams per week and required >50% to continue on. There were 10 participants at the end of the season, and tiebreakers were involved to decide the winner. Given that the members on this forum are well-tuned into FCS football, and to pose a bit more of a challenge, we will pick 8 teams per week and require >60% correct each week. This results in having to pick ~75% of the FCS teams over the course of the 12 week season. Hence the name change to “Crazy 8’s Survival League”. FCS teams involved in FCS v. FCS and FCS v. FBS games each week can be selected.

Below is the link to this week’s Google Form for making picks. Pay particular attention when you enter your AGS Member Name and email, as the name (spelled exactly as it is in AGS) is used for calculations and the email address is used to send you a copy of your responses (which are editable up to the deadline). I assure you that I will not use the email address you provide in the form for anything other than to have Google Forms automatically send you confirmation of your picks.

The deadline for each week will be the start time for the first game (usually a Thu or Fri) of that week for every week throughout the season.

The rules of the game are listed within the Google Form (and can also be found as a Google Doc (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xWuL55UGGWZ-yZl7QDhUDXFzs9X1RIaBaPQsn-vLpmA/edit?usp=sharing), if you wish to refer back to them). After the deadline, I will post a scoring sheet and list of available teams for every player. This will be in the form of a Google Sheet (link to be activated in my signature), and if you click on your AGS Member Name (or anybody’s, for that matter), it will link to the information sheet for that member. The sheet for each member (player) will update after all games have been completed for that weekend.

Any questions, please feel free to PM me. Best of luck, thanks for playing, and enjoy the FCS football season. Hope to see you in Frisco!

MAKE WEEK 1 SURVIVAL PICKS HERE
(https://forms.gle/8BU5bWtdmBRMSVuF9)DEADLINE: THU, SEP 1 @ 6 PM ET

Preferred Walk-On
August 28th, 2022, 11:29 PM
Here are this week's games (FCS v. FCS and FCS v. FBS). Thank you to Chalupa Batman for helping me expedite this process...you will have made Mr. Chicken very happy. ;)

Thu, Sep 1

North Alabama @ Indiana State
Saint Francis @ Akron
The Citadel @ Campbell
Fordham @ Wagner
Long Island University @ Toledo
Monmouth @ New Hampshire
Kennesaw State @ Samford
Rhode Island @ Stony Brook
South Carolina State @ Central Florida
Bryant @ Florida International
Western Illinois @ Tennessee-Martin
Virginia Military Institute @ Wake Forest
Mississippi Valley State @ Tarleton State
Eastern Illinois @ Northern Illinois
Lamar @ Abilene Christian
Missouri State @ Central Arkansas
St. Thomas @ Southern Utah
Alabama A&M @ Alabama-Birmingham
Northern Arizona @ Arizona State
Portland State @ San Jose State
Cal Poly @ Fresno State

Fri, Sep 2

Lehigh @ Villanova
Eastern Kentucky @ Eastern Michigan
Holy Cross @ Merrimack
William & Mary @ Charlotte
Tennessee Tech @ Kansas

Sat, Sep 3

Sam Houston @ Texas A&M
Georgetown @ Marist
Dayton @ Robert Morris
Central Connecticut State @ Connecticut
Delaware @ Navy
South Dakota State @ Iowa
Western Carolina @ Charleston Southern
Richmond @ Virginia
Sacred Heart @ Lafayette
Northern Iowa @ Air Force
Southeast Missouri State @ Iowa State
Duquesne @ Youngstown State
Davidson @ Jacksonville State
Northwestern State @ Montana
Drake @ North Dakota State
Bethune-Cookman @ Miami (FL)
North Dakota @ Nebraska
Norfolk State @ Marshall
Tennessee State @ Eastern Washington
Houston Baptist @ Northern Colorado
UC Davis @ California
Nicholls @ South Alabama
Towson @ Bucknell
Morgan State @ Georgia Southern
Howard @ Hampton
Wofford @ Chattanooga
Mercer @ Auburn
Elon @ Vanderbilt
Texas Southern @ Prairie View A&M
Albany @ Baylor
Illinois State @ Wisconsin
Stephen F. Austin @ Alcorn State
Southern Illinois @ Incarnate Word
Presbyterian @ Austin Peay
Southeastern Louisiana @ Louisiana
South Dakota @ Kansas State
Grambling State @ Arkansas State
North Carolina A&T vs. NC Central (in Charlotte, NC)
Colgate @ Stanford
McNeese @ Montana State
Maine @ New Mexico
Murray State @ Texas Tech
Utah Tech @ Sacramento State
Idaho @ Washington State

Sun, Sep 4

Florida A&M vs. Jackson State (in Miami Gardens, FL)

MR. CHICKEN
August 29th, 2022, 07:18 AM
......THANKS TA BOTH - UH - YA'S......xhugx....BRAWK!

KPSUL
August 29th, 2022, 10:00 AM
Picks-In. Harder than I thought for a week 1.

POD Knows
August 29th, 2022, 10:48 AM
I am in

JacksFan40
August 29th, 2022, 11:29 AM
First few weeks are always hard with all of the FBS games.

caribbeanhen
August 29th, 2022, 12:00 PM
......THANKS TA BOTH - UH - YA'S......xhugx....BRAWK!

Who won this contest last year?

MR. CHICKEN
August 29th, 2022, 01:03 PM
Who won this contest last year?

WINNER WINNER......CHICKEN.....DIN..........ER.....UMM... .....BRAWK! xhypedx

caribbeanhen
August 29th, 2022, 05:34 PM

WINNER WINNER......CHICKEN.....DIN..........ER.....UMM... .....BRAWK! xhypedx

I should’ve said which Delaware fan won this last year... haha

I knew you won one of them but I couldn’t remember which one

And I’m still confused about the difference between a Chalupa Batman and a preferred walk on

grizband
August 30th, 2022, 01:20 AM
I submitted Week 1 picks.

dewey
August 30th, 2022, 11:07 PM
I am in.

Dewey

MSUBobcat
August 31st, 2022, 11:18 AM
In. Didn't participate last year. This seems like it could get challenging in later weeks.

OhioHen
September 1st, 2022, 07:00 AM
In and not at all confident that my "keeper" has any shot of being used later in the year (which is one of the reasons why I didn't use the Bizun this week).

Catbooster
September 1st, 2022, 12:47 PM
In

Preferred Walk-On
September 1st, 2022, 02:42 PM
Just a quick reminder that there are a little over 2 hr left to get your picks submitted for Week 1. Also, I am in and highly conflicted about what the best strategy is for picking teams vs. saving for later in the year.

Chalupa Batman
September 1st, 2022, 07:10 PM
Just a quick reminder that there are a little over 2 hr left to get your picks submitted for Week 1. Also, I am in and highly conflicted about what the best strategy is for picking teams vs. saving for later in the year.

Survive and advance....

grizband
September 3rd, 2022, 02:37 AM
I submitted Week 1 picks.
I have absolutely zero idea why I selected Austin Peay over Western Kentucky as a Week 1 pick. I'm guessing it was a mistake, but can't recall who I tried to pick...

MSUBobcat
September 3rd, 2022, 08:11 AM
I have absolutely zero idea why I selected Austin Peay over Western Kentucky as a Week 1 pick. I'm guessing it was a mistake, but can't recall who I tried to pick...

You picked Austin Peay because they play Presbyterian, which is a shoo-in. APSU played WKU in Week 0.

grizband
September 3rd, 2022, 11:25 AM

You picked Austin Peay because they play Presbyterian, which is a shoo-in. APSU played WKU in Week 0.
Haha, thanks MSUBobCat! I was really struggling to understand why I made that pick but forgot the WKU games was a Week 1 game.

OhioHen
September 4th, 2022, 01:53 PM
In and not at all confident that my "keeper" has any shot of being used later in the year (which is one of the reasons why I didn't use the Bizun this week).
Should have had more faith in my picks.

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2022, 01:55 PM
Should have had more faith in my picks.

You can remember who you picked ... I can’t

KPSUL
September 4th, 2022, 03:15 PM
Unless a bunch of AGS members didn't know to post "I'm in", very few players this week.

Preferred Walk-On
September 4th, 2022, 03:29 PM
Just wanted to give a quick update, since score sheets and results will be delayed a bit this weekend. There were 20 players this week, and once I get back to my computer, I will get out the link to your results/pick sheets and to the Google Form link to submit next week’s picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytripper
September 5th, 2022, 01:52 PM
Can we get some results for week 1?

KPSUL
September 5th, 2022, 11:10 PM
Can we get some results for week 1?
OK, I got all my picks right! But it's the only AGS game I'm any good at. Unfortunately, all the Poultry peckers, oops I mean pickers, are even better. xbawlingx

McNeese75
September 6th, 2022, 09:41 PM
In

MR. CHICKEN
September 6th, 2022, 09:51 PM
In

SHOODAH PUT DAT IN WEEK #2 CRAZY 8'S.....(WEEK ONE HAD TA BE IN 5 DAYS AGO AND YOUSE ALREADY...DID DAT).....AWK!