RadMann
October 13th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Umass announcers are annoying... Must be that Baaaahston sound.... lol

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 13th, 2007, 02:32 PM
WOW...this is a surprise...

RadMann
October 13th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I don't agree. The CAA has quality across the board. The URI JMU score is no surprise either, to me at least....

UNH SUPERFAN
October 13th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Is this game final yet?

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 13th, 2007, 02:48 PM
JMU 44 URI 27....8 min left........any update on the Nova game

ChickenMan
October 13th, 2007, 02:49 PM
2d OT .. both turned ball over in 1st

GOKATS
October 13th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Going into 3rd OT.

ChickenMan
October 13th, 2007, 03:08 PM
24-24... 4th OT

JmuSkinsfan
October 13th, 2007, 03:22 PM
32-24 UMass wins after 4OT.....crazy! Does this mean JMU deserves to jump ahead of UMass in the polls?

JMU beat Villanova 35-7 at home...

UMass beat Villanova 32-24 in 4 OT at home...

NovaWildcat
October 13th, 2007, 03:25 PM
No.

It means Villanova should be ranked.

SunCoastBlueHen
October 13th, 2007, 03:29 PM
No.

The Cats played an excellent game, but you're still 4-3. That does not get you ranked.

NovaWildcat
October 13th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Lost to Maryland, JMU and UMass.

We have proven that we are better than some of the teams in the rankings. That gets you ranked.

JmuSkinsfan
October 13th, 2007, 03:30 PM
No.

Maybe, but not at 4-3...they need to continue to win to prove this to me...considering we beat them 35-7 and wasn't at all impressed...though today changes my mind a bit...

UMass922
October 13th, 2007, 04:51 PM
32-24 UMass wins after 4OT.....crazy! Does this mean JMU deserves to jump ahead of UMass in the polls?

I would have no problem with that. I'm just disappointed that for the second straight year we don't play each other.

ChickenMan
October 13th, 2007, 05:29 PM
As I posted last week.. nothing has been decided in the CAA.. some fans semed to think UMass was cut above some of the other contenders.. but I don't think so.. throw JMU, UD, UNH, Richmond, Hofstra and UMass all in a barrel and I doubt anyone really knows yet who comes out on top. The one advantage UMass has is schedule wise.. it looks like they have the easiest path to the playoffs.

minuteman65
October 13th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Villanova should be ranked, based solely on my observations of their play. Excellent defense, and their (backup) QB was tremendous, even if some of their offensive playcalling was questionable. I mean, how many times are you going to run the QB/HB option to the HB when UMass has been stuffing it since the 2nd quarter?

NovaWildcat
October 13th, 2007, 05:41 PM
ChickenMan,

Wouldn't be surprised if our match-up decides who goes to the playoffs. Just a little forward thinking. Not scared of Hofstra - Richmond on the road could be tough, Towson's not very good - I expect to be 7-3 when we meet. I expect you guys to be 7-3 (assuming losses to Navy and JMU).

NovaWildcat
October 13th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Villanova should be ranked, based solely on my observations of their play.

Said the same thing on another thread.
We've played poorly in one game (JMU) - and have beaten everyone we should have.

minuteman65
October 13th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Said the same thing on another thread.
We've played poorly in one game (JMU) - and have beaten everyone we should have.

Yeah, a FBS game shouldn't really count unless you win, and losing to the #4 team in the nation isn't exactly terrible. I was surprised by how hard a time we had. Not really knowing much about Villanova, I was expecting a comfortable win of at least 10 points in regulation.

KAUMASS
October 13th, 2007, 05:53 PM
ChickenMan,

Wouldn't be surprised if our match-up decides who goes to the playoffs. Just a little forward thing. Not scared of Hofstra - Richmond on the road could be tough, Towson's not very good - I expect to be 7-3 when we meet. I expect you guys to be 7-3 (assuming losses to Navy and JMU).

I agree with that statement. Villanova has an outstanding team and their back up freshman QB is excellent. They gave UMass all they could handle today. I would not want to meet Villanova again this year. Their GPI ranking of 17th in the country is no fluke. UMass had a few stumbles here and there and a touchdown called back on a holding penalty, but UMass did not as much play poorly as Villanova played well and took it to UMass.

UD-Villanova is going to be an awesome game.

ChickenMan
October 13th, 2007, 06:04 PM
ChickenMan,

Wouldn't be surprised if our match-up decides who goes to the playoffs. Just a little forward thinking. Not scared of Hofstra - Richmond on the road could be tough, Towson's not very good - I expect to be 7-3 when we meet. I expect you guys to be 7-3 (assuming losses to Navy and JMU).

I'm sure JMU will greatly appreciate you giving them a win in a venue where they very seldom get one... :p

UMass922
October 13th, 2007, 06:32 PM
As I posted last week.. nothing has been decided in the CAA.. some fans semed to think UMass was cut above some of the other contenders.. but I don't think so.. throw JMU, UD, UNH, Richmond, Hofstra and UMass all in a barrel and I doubt anyone really knows yet who comes out on top. The one advantage UMass has is schedule wise.. it looks like they have the easiest path to the playoffs.

Agreed. I love the parity and competitiveness in the CAA, but I hate the unbalanced schedules that stem from having a 12-team league. It's disappointing for CAA fans that for the second year in a row we don't get a UMass-JMU game, as good as those two teams have been. Maybe we get it in the playoffs, if we're lucky.

Obviously not having a UMass-Delaware game this year is disappointing, too.