Northwestern State @ UM

UCD @ California

Tennessee State @EWU

Houston Baptist @ NC

McNeese @ MSU

Utah Tech @ Sac

UI @ Washington State

One game this coming Saturday
ISU 17 @ UNLV 35 Idaho State playing up a level. UNLV is a bottom dweller of the FBS, but should win this one

Four games Sept 1
Western Oregon 6 @ Weber 45 BBQ bringing in a cupcake

NAU 20 @ Arizona State 38 NAU surprised big brother Arizona last year. Can they get the other big brother this year? That would be cool.

CP 17 @ Fresno 42

PSU 13 @ San Jose 52

Seven games Sept 3
Northwestern State 17 @ UM 38

UCD 28 @ California 32 I predict Davis to give big brother a good scare.

Tennessee State 10 @ EWU 28

Houston Baptist 10 @ NC 13 Will home field advantage be enough for the Bears to pull out a W?

McNeese 21 @ MSU 28 I suspect the Cowboys will be an improved team this season.

Utah Tech 15 @ Sac 35

UI 28 @ Washington State 32 the Cougars get some calls to go their way in the 4th and pull out a lucky win.

https://youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc

Daytripper
August 23rd, 2022, 01:14 PM
Make a user-friendly list of games without comment...so we can copy and paste.

JacksFan40
August 23rd, 2022, 04:29 PM
ISU @ UNLV

Western Oregon @ Weber

NAU @ Arizona State

CP @ Fresno

PSU @ San Jose

Northwestern State @ UM

UCD @ California

Tennessee State @EWU

Houston Baptist @ NC

McNeese @ MSU

Utah Tech @ Sac

UI @ Washington State

bonarae
August 23rd, 2022, 04:44 PM
UNLV
Weber State
NAU - give us the scalp
Fresno
SJSU
Griz
UC Berkeley
EWU
HBU
Montana State
Sac
Wazzu

dbackjon
August 23rd, 2022, 07:08 PM
ISU @ UNLV

Western Oregon @ Weber

NAU @ Arizona State

CP @ Fresno

PSU @ San Jose

Northwestern State @ UM

UCD @ California

Tennessee State @EWU

Houston Baptist @ NC

McNeese @ MSU

Utah Tech @ Sac

UI @ Washington State

mvemjsunpx
August 24th, 2022, 05:51 PM
Week 0

Idaho St. 10-41 UNLV — The Bengals begin another exciting era of never making the playoffs.

I'll make my Week 1 picks next week…

Daytripper
August 24th, 2022, 06:47 PM
ISU @ UNLV

Western Oregon @ Weber

NAU @ Arizona State

CP @ Fresno

PSU @ San Jose

Northwestern State @ UM

UCD @ California

Tennessee State @EWU

Houston Baptist @ NC

McNeese @ MSU

Utah Tech @ Sac

UI @ Washington State - I am really looking forward to seeing Cameron Ward at WSU.

JALMOND
August 25th, 2022, 12:17 AM
Week 0 and the Big Sky has one team playing. This should be an easy pick.

ISU at Nevada-Las Vegas---The Bengals start the season moving up a level and heading on the road, two things that have plagued them in recent years. Playing a bottom tier FBS school may help to keep the score manageable, but they still can't get the win. Nevada-Las Vegas 34, ISU 7.

Iridebikes
August 26th, 2022, 08:13 AM
UNLV
WEBER
ARIZONA STATE
FRESNO
SAN JOSE
MONTANA
CAL
EWU
NORTHERN COLO
MONTANA STATE
SAC STATE
WASHINGTON STATE

MSUBobcat
August 26th, 2022, 10:23 AM
ISU @ UNLV - Bengals can't beat most FCS teams so even a baaaad FBS is too much

Western Oregon @ Weber - one of the top half of the Big Sky should have no trouble with WOU

NAU @ Arizona State - The 'Jacks won't be able to sneak up on the Sun Devils after taking down the Wildcats last year.
CP @ Fresno - Could get ugly

PSU @ San Jose - yet another payday game to start the year.

Northwestern State @ UM - Demons get a nice trip to start the season at least. Not expecting this to be close.

UCD @ California - Expecting the Aggies to have a good year. It doesn't start with Game 1, however.

Tennessee State @ EWU - I don't know what to expect from EWU, but they have a history of reloading on offense, TSU had a tough year last year and it's a long trip to the god awful red turf.

Houston Baptist @ NC - Bears get to start the year off on the right foot. Bringing in a winless team from last year helps.

McNeese @ MSU - new coaching staff need more time to turn the team around enough to win on a long road trip to the packed house of a solid team. State of Montana sends the Louisiana boys home 0-2.

Utah Tech @ Sac - UTU/Dixie played a gauntlet of a schedule last year. Sac State hands them an L to start the year for the 2nd consecutive year.

UI @ Washington State - Idaho makes a quick jaunt across the border to pick up bag$. They do not, however, come home with a W.

As one would expect, the teams with the ability to bring in a visitor for a paycheck (HBU vs. UNC notwithstanding) all start the year with a victory.

grizband
August 30th, 2022, 01:17 AM
Didn't submit my picks before Week 1, but I would have chosen UNLV over Idaho State.

ISU @ UNLV
Western Oregon @ Weber
NAU @ Arizona State
CP @ Fresno
PSU @ San Jose
Northwestern State @ UM
UCD @ California
Tennessee State @EWU
Houston Baptist @ NC
McNeese @ MSU
Utah Tech @ Sac
UI @ Washington State

wapiti
August 30th, 2022, 11:22 AM
Didn't submit my picks before Week 1, but I would have chosen UNLV over Idaho State.

ISU @ UNLV
Western Oregon @ Weber
NAU @ Arizona State
CP @ Fresno
PSU @ San Jose
Northwestern State @ UM
UCD @ California
Tennessee State @EWU
Houston Baptist @ NC
McNeese @ MSU
Utah Tech @ Sac
UI @ Washington State

Fine with me to count your UNLV pick. With these Pick'ems it will be up to you to track your win loss record.

grizband
August 30th, 2022, 03:29 PM

ISU @ UNLV
Western Oregon @ Weber
NAU @ Arizona State
CP @ Fresno
PSU @ San Jose
Northwestern State @ UM
UCD @ California
Tennessee State @EWU
Houston Baptist @ NC
McNeese @ MSU
Utah Tech @ Sac
UI @ Washington State

Fine with me to count your UNLV pick. With these Pick'ems it will be up to you to track your win loss record.
I'll take the W! I appreciate you continuing this weekly thread.

JALMOND
August 30th, 2022, 08:07 PM
Sitting at 1-0 after week 0. I need to see if my perfection will continue through week 1.

9-1

Western Oregon (DII) at WSU---Looking to stay in the upper tier of the conference, the Wildcats bring in a decent Division II opponent. The key phrase is "Division II"...WSU 38, Western Oregon 10.

NAU at Arizona State (FBS, Pac-12)---The Lumberjacks beat their other Pac-12 brethren, Arizona, last year and are looking to get a win here. But Arizona State is just a bit better...Arizona State 35, NAU 20.

CP at Fresno State (FBS, Mtn West)---One of these days, the Mustangs should be able to rise through the conference standings and have a good showing against the FBS. Unfortunately, not this year...Fresno State 38, CP 7.

PSU at San Jose State (FBS, Mtn West)---Needing some burning questions to be answered, the Vikings venture out for the first of two FBS opponents. This one is the easy one, but still not really easy...San Jose State 38, PSU 21.

9-3

Tennessee State (Ohio Valley) at EWU---Eager to get back to the upper tier of the conference, the Eagles bring in a HBCU from the Ohio Valley to the raging Inferno. Good test?...EWU 41, Tennessee State 10.

Houston Baptist (Southland) at UNC---The Bears seemed to be making the least amount of noise in the offseason, but they brought in almost a whole new team. The schedule will get difficult but for now...UNC 24, Houston Baptist 10.

Northwestern State (Southland) at UM---The Grizzlies get a chance to hit someone else other than themselves. Questions surround the team, but this should be an easy way to start...UM 31, Northwestern State 10.

UCD at California (FBS, Pac-12)---The Aggies are eager to stay near the top of the conference this season and a chic pick to start the year has them winning this game. A tall order against the Pac-12...California 31, UCD 17.

McNeese State (Southland) at MSU---Wanting to show that last year was no fluke, the Bobcats bring in a team from the Southland to jumpstart the year. A good way to go...MSU 35, McNeese State 20.

Utah Tech (WAC) at SAC---The Hornets will be trying to build from their success last year and hope to once again start the year with a win. Things will get more difficult but for now...SAC 27, Utah Tech 17.

UI at Washington State (FBS, Pac-12)---The Vandals do not have to go very far (10 miles) for this step up into Pac-12 territory. They would love to rule the Palouse, but winning will be tough...Washington State 38, UI 10.

MSUBobcat
August 31st, 2022, 02:11 PM
Good thing the Cowboys are used to hot weather. Even with the late kickoff of 6pm, it's going to be HOT. Forecast high is a whopping 98 degrees. By kickoff, it'll probably only cool to ~95, but should drop quite a bit by the second half as the sun drops. Gonna be some ripe smells in the stands with 20k strong sweating like a whore in church.

mvemjsunpx
September 1st, 2022, 12:13 AM
Thursday

Portland St. 20-41 SJSU — The Viks don't even get to play at "home" until October

Cal Poly 14-53 Fresno — Not quite as ugly as last year

Whoa!-regon 7-37 Weber — The Wildcats won't have to wait until November to win a home game this time

NAU 24-44 Arizona St. — The 'Jacks want to make history again, but none of their modern meetings with ASU have been closer than 17 points

Saturday

Tennessee St. 17-34 EWU — Eddie George visits the red field

Davis 20-35 Cal — Cal's last 4 Big Sky wins were all by between 12 and 22 points

Not Dixie 13-45 Sac — Not quite as close as last year

Idalol 10-42 Wazzu — Can Idaho win the Battle of the Palouse for the first time in 22 years? No, no they can't…

NW State 6-37 Montana — Since these two teams last met in the 2004 first round, the Demons have had 1 winning season

McNeese 13-30 Montana St. — It's Southland Day in Montana…

Houston Baptist 23-37 NoCo — Scrubbing Bubbles presents the Toilet Bowl Game of the Week!

nevadagriz
September 1st, 2022, 01:32 PM
Sitting at 1-0 after week 0. I need to see if my perfection will continue through week 1.

9-1

Western Oregon (DII) at WSU---Looking to stay in the upper tier of the conference, the Wildcats bring in a decent Division II opponent. The key phrase is "Division II"...WSU 38, Western Oregon 10.

NAU at Arizona State (FBS, Pac-12)---The Lumberjacks beat their other Pac-12 brethren, Arizona, last year and are looking to get a win here. But Arizona State is just a bit better...Arizona State 35, NAU 20.

CP at Fresno State (FBS, Mtn West)---One of these days, the Mustangs should be able to rise through the conference standings and have a good showing against the FBS. Unfortunately, not this year...Fresno State 38, CP 7.

PSU at San Jose State (FBS, Mtn West)---Needing some burning questions to be answered, the Vikings venture out for the first of two FBS opponents. This one is the easy one, but still not really easy...San Jose State 38, PSU 21.

9-3

Tennessee State (Ohio Valley) at EWU---Eager to get back to the upper tier of the conference, the Eagles bring in a HBCU from the Ohio Valley to the raging Inferno. Good test?...EWU 41, Tennessee State 10.

Houston Baptist (Southland) at UNC---The Bears seemed to be making the least amount of noise in the offseason, but they brought in almost a whole new team. The schedule will get difficult but for now...UNC 24, Houston Baptist 10.

Northwestern State (Southland) at UM---The Grizzlies get a chance to hit someone else other than themselves. Questions surround the team, but this should be an easy way to start...UM 31, Northwestern State 10.

UCD at California (FBS, Pac-12)---The Aggies are eager to stay near the top of the conference this season and a chic pick to start the year has them winning this game. A tall order against the Pac-12...California 31, UCD 17.

McNeese State (Southland) at MSU---Wanting to show that last year was no fluke, the Bobcats bring in a team from the Southland to jumpstart the year. A good way to go...MSU 35, McNeese State 20.

Utah Tech (WAC) at SAC---The Hornets will be trying to build from their success last year and hope to once again start the year with a win. Things will get more difficult but for now...SAC 27, Utah Tech 17.

UI at Washington State (FBS, Pac-12)---The Vandals do not have to go very far (10 miles) for this step up into Pac-12 territory. They would love to rule the Palouse, but winning will be tough...Washington State 38, UI 10.
What are all the Questions you have about the Grizzly team? Any more questions on Montana than any other BSC team?? D is solid , RB stacked ,WR room is best coach Pease has seen.

wapiti
September 1st, 2022, 03:04 PM
What are all the Questions you have about the Grizzly team? Any more questions on Montana than any other BSC team?? D is solid , RB stacked ,WR room is best coach Pease has seen.

How many players will Hauck have to dress and how many will be able to dress themselves?
(This belongs in the smack forum.)

JALMOND
September 1st, 2022, 03:57 PM

At the start of the season, mainly quarterback in a quarterback driven conference. Some surrounding the running backs and OLine. But, I'm anticipating the questions as "minor" and that by the end of the season, the Grizzlies may be playing the best football of anyone in the country (not just in the conference).

THE DANIMAL
September 1st, 2022, 04:25 PM
ISU @ UNLV 41-13

Western Oregon @ Weber 45-10

NAU @ Arizona State 42-21

CP @ Fresno 52-10

PSU @ San Jose 31-24

Northwestern State @ UM 45-7

UCD @ California 38-28

Tennessee State @ EWU 38-24

Houston Baptist @ NC 24-20

McNeese @ MSU 31-20

Utah Tech @ Sac 45-24

UI @ Washington State 41-24

wapiti
September 2nd, 2022, 10:05 AM
There were several games last night. The big surprise was Portland State nearly pulling off a HUGE upset of FBS San Jose State.
SJSU had to score late in the game to win.

Is PSU a dark horse in the conference this season?

BBQ clobbered Western Oregon 41 to 5

Arizona State clobbered NAU 40 to 3

Fresno beat CP 35 to 7

SJSU squeaked by PSU 21 to 17

So far I am 5 -0 in my picks this season. Should I stop while I am perfect?? Nah!!

JALMOND
September 2nd, 2022, 10:44 AM
There were several games last night. The big surprise was Portland State nearly pulling off a HUGE upset of FBS San Jose State.
SJSU had to score late in the game to win.

Is PSU a dark horse in the conference this season?

BBQ clobbered Western Oregon 41 to 5

Arizona State clobbered NAU 40 to 3

Fresno beat CP 35 to 7

SJSU squeaked by PSU 21 to 17

So far I am 5 -0 in my picks this season. Should I stop while I am perfect?? Nah!!

As the dust settles, the scores have gone to form. The Big Sky won their only game against DII and lost all their games against the FBS. No surprises yet, although the Viks did throw a scare into it (moral is don't allow an FBS team to start three late drives in your own territory if you want to win).

During Barnum's tenure at PSU, the Viks have a history of playing their money games close, yet that has never translated to a great season in conference play. The true test will be the game in Missoula at the end of the month. Until then, even as a Vik fan I would refrain from saying they are a "dark horse". More like business as usual.

JALMOND
September 2nd, 2022, 01:15 PM
Best quote I heard last night from the San Jose announcers was after PSU quarterback overthrew his receiver over the middle, one of them said, "Boy, he sure hangs his balls out there".

bonarae
September 4th, 2022, 01:08 AM
The Big Sky lost all their remaining week 1 games against FBS; though they all dominated in the FCS-FCS games against mostly Southern FCS teams today.