View Full Version : Jacksonville State Punter

katss07
August 22nd, 2022, 05:08 PM
Can’t make this stuff up. What the hell was going on in Troy’s locker room?

Jacksonville State starting Punter Jack Dawson faces three arrest warrants and a federal lawsuit over assault, which stemmed into… other things.

https://www.cbs42.com/regional/unserved-jacksonville-state-football-player-faces-arrest-warrants-lawsuit-over-alleged-violence-against-former-troy-teammate/amp/

Laker
August 22nd, 2022, 05:13 PM
Jack Dawson thinks that his teammate is gay, yet he is the one who sodomizes him?

Sounds like a prison sentence is in order.

POD Knows
August 22nd, 2022, 06:43 PM
Jack Dawson thinks that his teammate is gay, yet he is the one who sodomizes him?

Sounds like a prison sentence is in order.
Yep. If true he deserves jail. There might be some karma waiting for him if that happens.

ElCid
August 22nd, 2022, 07:19 PM
The key being, "if true." Hard to believe. Hope he had proof. Could be some exaggerations in the story. We've all seen that before. Best to wait until proof is presented.

katss07
August 22nd, 2022, 07:32 PM
Certainly not “hard to believe” for me, this happened at high school about 45 minutes away from Huntsville a couple of years ago. But with a broomstick (and at the coach’s house).

Professor Chaos
August 22nd, 2022, 08:26 PM
I thought Jack Dawson died on the Titanic???

Bisonoline
August 22nd, 2022, 08:29 PM
The key being, "if true." Hard to believe. Hope he had proof. Could be some exaggerations in the story. We've all seen that before. Best to wait until proof is presented.

In this day and age to have that many coaches show that type of disregard and allow that type of behavior is unfathomable.

clenz
August 22nd, 2022, 08:40 PM
Sounds like, and I don't know how the **** this is possible but apparently it is, JSU and no one else knew until the last few days when someone reached out to them about it.

I read somewhere Dawson was arrested today. Apparently even the Calhoun County (Jacksonville, AL) Sheriff's offices never knew either because the Troy police never entered the warrants into the database.

It's entirely possible JSU coaches and admin knew nothing about it. I find that more than a little hard to believe, but in theory that seems to be the case right now.

It could be quite similar to the case of Otis Weah trying to go from UND to MOSU this year. Otis had a lot of off the field issues that were kept hush hush by UND and Grand Forks. People knew, but nothing was ever official so it was just passed as rumors. Otis transferred to MSU but given how Title IX and privacy laws work UND couldn't/didn't sent anything to MSU about him and the criminal (rape like investigations) by UND. It's entirely believable the admissions and administrative side at MSU knew nothing - now I don't for a second believe Bobby P and the football side didn't know but weren't going to do anything unless caught (like what happened).

It's entirely possible JSU knew nothing, especially if the local sheriff didn't even know because the place where this all happened didn't put anything into the system.

I find it hard to believe Rich Rod, and other players, didn't know. Much like Bobby P, Rich Rod isn't known for being the most morally upstanding person or rule follower. Though it's possible.

JSUSoutherner
August 22nd, 2022, 09:28 PM
Sounds like, and I don't know how the **** this is possible but apparently it is, JSU and no one else knew until the last few days when someone reached out to them about it.

I read somewhere Dawson was arrested today. Apparently even the Calhoun County (Jacksonville, AL) Sheriff's offices never knew either because the Troy police never entered the warrants into the database.

It's entirely possible JSU coaches and admin knew nothing about it. I find that more than a little hard to believe, but in theory that seems to be the case right now.

It could be quite similar to the case of Otis Weah trying to go from UND to MOSU this year. Otis had a lot of off the field issues that were kept hush hush by UND and Grand Forks. People knew, but nothing was ever official so it was just passed as rumors. Otis transferred to MSU but given how Title IX and privacy laws work UND couldn't/didn't sent anything to MSU about him and the criminal (rape like investigations) by UND. It's entirely believable the admissions and administrative side at MSU knew nothing - now I don't for a second believe Bobby P and the football side didn't know but weren't going to do anything unless caught (like what happened).

It's entirely possible JSU knew nothing, especially if the local sheriff didn't even know because the place where this all happened didn't put anything into the system.

I find it hard to believe Rich Rod, and other players, didn't know. Much like Bobby P, Rich Rod isn't known for being the most morally upstanding person or rule follower. Though it's possible.
Your hate boner for Rich Rod is incredible. Your salty Michigan fan side is showing.

The Sheriff's don't know but Rich Rod is supposed to know what his punter, that he didn't recruit, did at another university two years ago?

Get out of here.

Though I want an answer of whether he is off the team or not. If the guy shows up to Montgomery I'm burning **** to the ground.

clenz
August 22nd, 2022, 10:08 PM
I take back what I said that they might not have known.

Dawson was served a summons, by police, while at practice on July 29th. Not at his apartment/dorm where he could have hid it from the coaches. It was apparently at practice where everyone would have seen it and it would have become known.

24 days

They knew for an absolute bare minimum of 24 days and did nothing. Said nothing. Kept him on the team. Let him keep practicing. Let him continue to be enrolled. Remain on scholarship.

Rich Rod hopped nothing would come of this because he is the starting punter. Averaged over 40 YPP last year. He has a leg. A good punter is hard to find, and a difference maker. Of course he did nothing about it. If this was the 5th string practice defensive end he's gone that day.

What Rich Rod, and JSU, did for 24 days was perpetuate the stereotype that being good at athletics means you a can get away with anything. They perpetuated the idea that if you get in trouble somewhere else, just transfer to a new place, because then that stigma isn't as strong and they'll still pay for your schooling and protect you.

For 24 days.

All of a sudden it's public and now there is a statement coming tomorrow on it? Now Rich Rod, and the administration, will go "Wow, yeah. That's bad. We can't have that on our roster. He's no longer part of the program"

Now will acknowledge it? Only because it's public?

Get ****ed JSU. Get ****ed Dick Rod. Everyone already knew you were a piece of ****, thank you for proving it again. There's a reason no one other than JSU would touch you even with someone else dick.

This could/should have been a PR homerun for JSU and Rich Rod. The second they found out they could have told him, in private, he was no longer a part of the program, and then released a statement saying that Dawson would no longer be part of the program. Done. Period. It quickly would come out why JSU told him to leave the program and Rich Rod and JSU would have been the good people in this. Easiest W Rich Rod would ever get. Easiest possible PR for the university.

Instead, for 24 days, they did nothing and allowed him to continue as part of the program. Only taking action AFTER it became public news that he was facing warrants and was a rapist.

ElCid
August 22nd, 2022, 10:25 PM
Well, again, I will say they probably should have suspended him PENDING the wheels of justice once it was known. Nothing has been proved yet. If it was blown out of proportion by the accuser would it not be an injustice to permanently kick him off? An accusation is just an accusation. Haven't we all learned that yet? I'm sick of people equating a charge with automatic guilt. Let the kid have his day in court. If guilty boot him, if innocent reinstate him.

JSUSoutherner
August 22nd, 2022, 10:42 PM
Well, again, I will say they probably should have suspended him PENDING the wheels of justice once it was known. Nothing has been proved yet. If it was blown out of proportion by the accuser would it not be an injustice to permanently kick him off? An accusation is just an accusation. Haven't we all learned that yet? I'm sick of people equating a charge with automatic guilt. Let the kid have his day in court. If guilty boot him, if innocent reinstate him.
Dude has three outstanding warrants and if even 1% of that lawsuit is true he should be off the team.

This isn't a "well let's wait and see" scenario. He doesn't have to be guilty to be a hinderance to the team with all his overhead BS.
That and if JSU takes that chance and he is guilty, there is no coming back from that. That's an absolute stain on the reputation of the university. That someone like that was allowed to remain on campus, and was on scholarship no less, is a disgrace.

He needs to be gone if he isn't already.

clenz
August 22nd, 2022, 10:48 PM
This reads a lot like the people who said "Deshawn Watson is innocent. All the women were lying". The benefit of the doubt starts to go away after the first dozen accusations.

Just as the benefit of the doubt starts to go away after the second warrant. By the time you're up to a third warrant, and a federal lawsuit, you're done. I get he may still be "innocent until proven guilty" but that isn't something you **** around with. You don't harbor that. You don't keep that kid on scholarship. Because if - WHEN - he comes back as guilty you get to explain why you kept a kid rostered, housed, and on scholarship while facing federal charges for sexually raping a former teammate who he thought was gay (holy ****, that's just strange to say...I'm so straight that you're homosexuality makes me want to sodomize you...****ing christ. He needs his supply of oxygen cut off).

ElCid
August 22nd, 2022, 10:55 PM
Dude has three outstanding warrants and if even 1% of that lawsuit is true he should be off the team.

This isn't a "well let's wait and see" scenario. He doesn't have to be guilty to be a hinderance to the team with all his overhead BS.
That and if JSU takes that chance and he is guilty, there is no coming back from that. That's an absolute stain on the reputation of the university. That someone like that was allowed to remain on campus, and was on scholarship no less, is a disgrace.

He needs to be gone if he isn't already.

You do realize what a warrant is right? And I believe they were all for this incident. In any event, it is not a guilty verdict. As I said, he could have been suspended pending and it would not be any sort of stain. All anyone has are the accusations. Just imagine "what if" it was all made up? I'm NOT saying it was, but what if it was? As I mentioned, hope this guy has actual proof and it isn't a "he said," "he said" situation. Not being an active player until more is known would be sufficient.

JSUSoutherner
August 22nd, 2022, 10:59 PM
You do realize what a warrant is right? And I believe they were all for this incident. In any event, it is not a guilty verdict. As I said, he could have been suspended pending and it would not be any sort of stain. All anyone has are the accusations. Just imagine "what if" it was all made up? I'm NOT saying it was, but what if it was? As I mentioned, hope this guy has actual proof and it isn't a "he said," "he said" situation. Not being an active player until more is known would be sufficient.
You really think some dude is going to make up a whole story about being sodomized with a pool cue for the sake of a federal lawsuit and then push the story to the media?

Doubt.

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2022, 08:22 AM
You really think some dude is going to make up a whole story about being sodomized with a pool cue for the sake of a federal lawsuit and then push the story to the media?

Doubt.
I doubt it too but things like this are faked once in a while, what about the Smollett deal. Not saying that these accusations against this “punter” are false but a lot of people have been out in front of a lot stories before and got burnt.

Tribe4SF
August 23rd, 2022, 08:48 AM
As far as proof goes there is apparently a video of the assualt with the pool cue which was shown to the Troy coaches who characterized it as "horseplay". JSU coaches may need to answer for how they've handled it, but the Troy coaches are in deep sh**.

JSUSoutherner
August 23rd, 2022, 08:49 AM
I doubt it too but things like this are faked once in a while, what about the Smollett deal. Not saying that these accusations against this “punter” are false but a lot of people have been out in front of a lot stories before and got burnt.
I'm not out here to prove guilt or innocence and the University shouldn't be either.

But the University isn't a court of law.

This guy remaining isn't good for University image. This is something JSU needs to separate itself from, and in a damn hurry. And there's no way it's a good thing for the locker room.

You really want to be the long snapper in front of this guy after reading that ****?

And like Clenz said, if you keep the guy on campus in the name of "innocent until proven guilty" and he's guilty, there's no digging yourself out of that hole. It's not about the dudes guilt or innocence. It's about covering the ass of the university.

JSUSoutherner
August 23rd, 2022, 08:52 AM
As far as proof goes there is apparently a video of the assualt with the pool cue which was shown to the Troy coaches who characterized it as "horseplay". JSU coaches may need to answer for how they've handled it, but the Troy coaches are in deep sh**.
I hope with every fiber of my being that during the press conference today JSU says "we first heard about this last week, took a short amount of time to review the situation, and Dawson is no longer a member of the football team". Anything else is JSU royally screwing up.

FUBeAR
August 23rd, 2022, 08:57 AM
Dawson is no longer a member of the football team
Still on the online roster as of this AM
https://jsugamecocksports.com/sports/football/roster/jack-dawson/5207

JSUSoutherner
August 23rd, 2022, 09:01 AM
Still on the online roster as of this AM
https://jsugamecocksports.com/sports/football/roster/jack-dawson/5207
Yeah I was talking about this with Clenz last night. I don't put a lot of stock into our website being up to date. Our athletic department is horrendous at keeping that roster maintained even under normal circumstances.

The game notes for this weekend were supposed to go up yesterday as well but they didn't. I'm waiting for that to get posted as that should have the real roster and depth chart on it.

JSUSoutherner
August 23rd, 2022, 09:04 AM
And speak of the devil. The game notes just got posted.

Dawson is listed as starting.

Time to burn it all down.

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2022, 10:04 AM
I'm not out here to prove guilt or innocence and the University shouldn't be either.

But the University isn't a court of law.

This guy remaining isn't good for University image. This is something JSU needs to separate itself from, and in a damn hurry. And there's no way it's a good thing for the locker room.

You really want to be the long snapper in front of this guy after reading that ****?

And like Clenz said, if you keep the guy on campus in the name of "innocent until proven guilty" and he's guilty, there's no digging yourself out of that hole. It's not about the dudes guilt or innocence. It's about covering the ass of the university.
I pretty much agree with everything you stated here. It is probably better to be “safe than sorry” but I have gotten pretty jaded on some of these things events. My gut tells me that this story is legit.

FUBeAR
August 23rd, 2022, 10:25 AM
And speak of the devil. The game notes just got posted.

Dawson is listed as starting.

Time to burn it all down.Which umbrella is JSUSoutherner behind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aps3pPAd07o

*Not a political post. Just (attempted) humor riffing on JSUSoutherner’s (humorous) threats

dbackjon
August 23rd, 2022, 10:55 AM
If true, the Troy coaches need to be charged.

MSUBobcat
August 23rd, 2022, 11:10 AM
Goddamn... that was a tough story to read. If true (and hard to imagine he'd make this up for $$), it is disgusting how no one came to this young man's defense to make it stop. No coaches, no teammates. Just despicable.

I'd also bet Dawson is a self-hating, closeted homosexual.

JSUSoutherner
August 23rd, 2022, 11:11 AM
Which umbrella is JSUSoutherner behind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aps3pPAd07o

*Not a political post. Just (attempted) humor riffing on JSUSoutherner’s (humorous) threats
I don't carry an umbrella. Could you imagine what damage Dawson could do with one of those? It's too risky.

MSUBobcat
August 23rd, 2022, 12:17 PM
I don't carry an umbrella. Could you imagine what damage Dawson could do with one of those? It's too risky.

Ugh... this calls to memory a lyric from Eminem's horrorcore song "Stay Wide Awake". I'll not post the specific lines.

JSUSoutherner
August 23rd, 2022, 12:23 PM
Rich Rod confirmed Dawson is still on the team and will play this weekend.

I sure as **** hope they know something we don't.

JayJ79
August 23rd, 2022, 01:06 PM
I thought Jack Dawson died on the Titanic???
nah, he didn't die ON it.

katss07
August 23rd, 2022, 01:57 PM
If he’s guilty and plays, Rich Rod should be fired

CockyGeek
September 1st, 2022, 03:33 PM
Let the police figure it out. I don't trust the schools to do a proper investigation.

jacksfan29!
September 1st, 2022, 05:21 PM

Odd, if you had read the entire article you would see where it is clearly mentioned why the delay occurred.

jacksfan29!
September 1st, 2022, 05:25 PM

Doubt.

The kid should be suspended, he needs a lawyer, a good lawyer, as does the school and any coaches named in the suit. The courts will handle it from there. Everyone is innocent till proven guilty? Duke LAX, a bunch of jackasses, but innocent of the charges. There have been numerous high profile cases which turned out to be true, but several which were not.

- - - Updated - - -

If he’s guilty and plays, Rich Rod should be fired

If he plays, you are correct. He and everyone involved needs to be suspended till the issue is dealt with. That includes coaches at Troy.

MSUBobcat
September 1st, 2022, 05:32 PM
If he plays, you are correct. He and everyone involved needs to be suspended till the issue is dealt with. That includes coaches at Troy.

What if I told you Jax State has already played a game last weekend and he DID play. Attempted one punt, for 22 yards.

Libertine
September 1st, 2022, 07:12 PM
The kid should be suspended, he needs a lawyer, a good lawyer, as does the school and any coaches named in the suit. The courts will handle it from there. Everyone is innocent till proven guilty? Duke LAX, a bunch of jackasses, but innocent of the charges. There have been numerous high profile cases which turned out to be true, but several which were not.

- - - Updated - - -

xlolxxlolxxlolx That's good comedy right there.

Pards Rule
September 4th, 2022, 10:01 AM
Goddamn... that was a tough story to read. If true (and hard to imagine he'd make this up for $$), it is disgusting how no one came to this young man's defense to make it stop. No coaches, no teammates. Just despicable.

I'd also bet Dawson is a self-hating, closeted homosexual.

Agreed about Dawson. Im sure