View Full Version : Sagarin numbers

NDSU1980
August 19th, 2022, 09:42 AM
I'll throw this out for discussion. I know, these numbers don't mean much until about the fourth week but some of these placings are interesting, to say the least.

Hooty is going to explode when he sees Kennesaw is rated below both UND and South Dakota and Clenz, brace yourself. Northern Iowa is ranked the 4th best FCS team. (SDSU is #2).

https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2022-2/college-football-team-ratings-2022/

FUBeAR
August 19th, 2022, 11:21 AM
Looks right to FUBeAR…

184 Wofford
186 Elon

caribbeanhen
August 19th, 2022, 11:55 AM
https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/fcs/ratings

43 Elon

66 Wofford

dbackjon
August 19th, 2022, 11:59 AM

43 Elon

66 Wofford

Top 25!

caribbeanhen
August 19th, 2022, 12:02 PM
Top 25!

Nice

Western Illinois is 17

kdinva
August 19th, 2022, 12:11 PM
All SoCon teams between 24 & 67, this will be a fun Fall!!

43 Elon

66 Wofford

MSUBobcat
August 19th, 2022, 01:13 PM

43 Elon

66 Wofford

Sagarin has EWU as the highest Big Sky team. EWU was picked 6th by the coaches and the media. Does Massey know something the rest of us don't?

clenz
August 19th, 2022, 02:43 PM
I'll throw this out for discussion. I know, these numbers don't mean much until about the fourth week but some of these placings are interesting, to say the least.

Hooty is going to explode when he sees Kennesaw is rated below both UND and South Dakota and Clenz, brace yourself. Northern Iowa is ranked the 4th best FCS team. (SDSU is #2).

I’ll say what I’ve said for 11 years at this point

UNI is a good offense, not even great or very good, away from being a semi final team damn near every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
August 19th, 2022, 03:12 PM
Nice

Western Illinois is 17

Exactly. When a 2-9 team from the previous year gets in the top 20, something is wrong with the algorithm. In this case, heavily weighted for strength of schedule (helps the MVFC) and limited amount of data (no games yet). Check back 4 weeks into the season and see where WIU sits.

Massey Composite is better, with WIU sitting at #56.

HootyHoo
August 19th, 2022, 04:56 PM

139th in Sagarin and 49th in Massey. This is absolutely ridiculous. Hooty is now convinced that Massey in particular has a vendetta against KSU. It is outrageous and unfair. The Owls are one of the best teams in FCS and has an inside track to a Top 4 seed.

caribbeanhen
August 19th, 2022, 06:57 PM
139th in Sagarin and 49th in Massey. This is absolutely ridiculous. Hooty is now convinced that Massey in particular has a vendetta against KSU. It is outrageous and unfair. The Owls are one of the best teams in FCS and has an inside track to a Top 4 seed.

Kenny is 7th in MVFC

ElCid
August 19th, 2022, 07:47 PM

Except KSU is actually 156 in Massey. Not 49. 49 in just FCS. Since Sagarin ranks all DIV I it's 156 in Div I. It's actually 18 for FCS. Not sure you realized that.

ElCid
August 19th, 2022, 08:11 PM
Exactly. When a 2-9 team from the previous year gets in the top 20, something is wrong with the algorithm. In this case, heavily weighted for strength of schedule (helps the MVFC) and limited amount of data (no games yet). Check back 4 weeks into the season and see where WIU sits.

Massey Composite is better, with WIU sitting at #56.

Yup. The preseason for both Massey and Sagarin are entirely based on SOS and previous results.

On the whole, they still are not bad. For three years running, I recorded the "preseason" predictions for Massey for every game of every team for the whole season. Just to see how much they might change compared to the updated week by week predictions. The preseason predictions were actually only a couple percentage points less than the updated ones as the season progressed. Sure the ratings changed, but the win/loss results were still fairly accurate.

And then there is the yearly debate of which is better, Massey or Sagarin. I have found that Massey is better early, then they tighten as the season goes on. The one difference between the two are the absence of all DIV II, or lower, games from Sagarin. Massey computes and accounts for ALL games. That certainly can account for the edge Massey has.

And then there are always the teams that defy explanation and blow away the algorithms. The problem is that it seems the really put them at a disadvantage in the rankings starting so low. That's why it is never wise to look at "just" Massey or Sagarin, but actually look at the season's results and a game or two if able before making an evaluation. Likewise for teams that start too high. People seem loath to drop them because the computers have them high.

Go...gate
August 20th, 2022, 02:49 AM
Save Holy Cross, none of the Patriot teams are especially strong at all. Ouch.

FUBeAR
August 20th, 2022, 10:08 AM
Is this the same “Owls” that were last seen getting whipped by a SoCon Team that had to come from behind in the 4th quarter to just barely squeak out wins vs. 4 other SoCon Teams (and lost to a 5th SoCon Team) to even get to the game when they whipped those “Owls?”

Hard to understand how those “Owls” could possibly be “a Top 4 seed” when it seems likely they would be about the 7th best Team in the SoCon.

Perhaps Messiers Sagarin & Massey are using facts to do their rankings instead of relying on bloviating hyperbole.

Professor Chaos
August 20th, 2022, 11:27 AM
Never thought I'd see the day where FUBear sticks up for the Massey and Sagarin ratings... xlolx

nevadagriz
August 20th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Sagarin has EWU as the highest Big Sky team. EWU was picked 6th by the coaches and the media. Does Massey know something the rest of us don't?
look again montana ,state,weber,and sac ahead of them

FUBeAR
August 20th, 2022, 01:36 PM
Never thought I'd see the day where FUBear sticks up for the Massey and Sagarin ratings... xlolx
https://i.giphy.com/media/uwC8qJCKKjV2sSnOtc/giphy.webp

OhioHen
August 20th, 2022, 01:42 PM
They support his Wofford (last in the SoCon) is better than Elon (solid finish in the CAA) hypothesis so he's all in.

FUBeAR
August 20th, 2022, 01:52 PM
They support his Wofford (last in the SoCon) is better than Elon (solid finish in the CAA) hypothesis so he's all in.
Perhaps they’ve started adding some of the unquestionably accurate info contained within FUBeAR’s posts into their algorithms. That could explain some improvement, but they still have a LONG way to go!!!

DFW HOYA
August 20th, 2022, 02:14 PM
Save Holy Cross, none of the Patriot teams are especially strong at all. Ouch.

It's never been lower and the air of indifference from the league continues unabated.

210. Fordham
224. Colgate
232. Lafayette
237. Lehigh
243. Georgetown
250. Bucknell

MSUBobcat
August 22nd, 2022, 03:06 PM
look again montana ,state,weber,and sac ahead of them

Massey does have them as the highest ranked Big Sky team. I screwed up the first sentence but used the right one in the question asking if they know something we don't. I'd fix the typo, but it won't let me. Must be because the post has been quoted?

ksu_owls
August 22nd, 2022, 04:22 PM
Is this the same “Owls” that were last seen getting whipped by a SoCon Team that had to come from behind in the 4th quarter to just barely squeak out wins vs. 4 other SoCon Teams (and lost to a 5th SoCon Team) to even get to the game when they whipped those “Owls?”

Hard to understand how those “Owls” could possibly be “a Top 4 seed” when it seems likely they would be about the 7th best Team in the SoCon.

Perhaps Messiers Sagarin & Massey are using facts to do their rankings instead of relying on bloviating hyperbole.

FUBeAR, I have only respect for you after kindly allowing me to keep my profile pic from our fun "wager" during our SoCon playoff encounter last season. I'd take pre-season 7th in the SoCon! I was concerned last season about depth and health (OL specifically) but I think our team this year has improved. I'm sure our SoCon friends have improved as well! We will have a lot of answers in the next few weeks!

katss07
August 22nd, 2022, 05:18 PM
Do Indiana State fans think they’re then 18th best team in the FCS? A playoff team, even? ISUb went 5-6, respectable in the Moral Victory Conference, but 18? What about Western Illinois?

The algorithm is broken. When you’ve got 2-9 teams that haven’t made the playoffs in quite some time now near the top of the list, it’s ****ed.

caribbeanhen
August 22nd, 2022, 05:55 PM
Do Indiana State fans think they’re then 18th best team in the FCS? A playoff team, even? ISUb went 5-6, respectable in the Moral Victory Conference, but 18? What about Western Illinois?

The algorithm is broken. When you’ve got 2-9 teams that haven’t made the playoffs in quite some time now near the top of the list, it’s ****ed.

Check out the thread if you wanna know where Western Illinois is ranked in Massey

NY Crusader 2010
August 22nd, 2022, 06:08 PM
Per initial Sagarin, Holy Cross +23.5 @ Buffalo. I'm sure the Vegas money line (which is designed to even out the betting on both sides) will be a little bit tigher.

W&M +11.5 @ Charlotte using same metric.

NDSU -6.5 @ Arizona

caribbeanhen
August 22nd, 2022, 06:10 PM
Per initial Sagarin, Holy Cross +23.5 @ Buffalo. I'm sure the Vegas money line (which is designed to even out the betting on both sides) will be a little bit tigher.

NDSU -6.5 @ Arizona

I might have to open my account and bet a house on the Bizon 😂

ST_Lawson
August 22nd, 2022, 11:07 PM

It's broken early in the season, but it does get much better once you get a decently-sized pool of data: https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?309158-Sagarin-numbers&p=3067030&viewfull=1#post3067030
And, at least for WIU fans, no...we don't think we're relevant to the discussion of Top 25 or playoffs at this point (outside of possibly pulling off a surprise "spoiler" win over a borderline team). Most of the fans I've heard from would be relatively satisfied with 4-7 this year. That's doubling our wins from last year and signs of positive progress.

clenz
August 22nd, 2022, 11:10 PM
It's broken early in the season, but it does get much better once you get a decently-sized pool of data: https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?309158-Sagarin-numbers&p=3067030&viewfull=1#post3067030
And, at least for WIU fans, no...we don't think we're relevant to the discussion of Top 25 or playoffs at this point (outside of possibly pulling off a surprise "spoiler" win over a borderline team). Most of the fans I've heard from would be relatively satisfied with 4-7 this year. That's doubling our wins from last year and signs of positive progress.

WIU in the OVC is a 7-4 team vs a 3-8 team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 22nd, 2022, 11:30 PM
It's never been lower and the air of indifference from the league continues unabated.

210. Fordham
224. Colgate
232. Lafayette
237. Lehigh
243. Georgetown
250. Bucknell

Absolute disgrace. Holy Cross is a great team regardless of league association but never has the PL been this poor in the playoff era. The Crusaders have virtually no competent challengers. Long gone are days of 2-3, sometimes even 4, teams being on the national conscious.

Referencing "back in the day", trading Georgetown for Towson was a brutal blow from a competitive standout. The Tigers were generally pretty good in the late 90's, early 00's thus helped the competitive nature of the league.

bonarae
August 23rd, 2022, 12:50 AM
Scholarship FCS teams need to notice that the Ivies are ranked quite higher than their PL counterparts and need to schedule Ivy week 1 games with them...

Dartmouth 133
Harvard 137 - just above ISU red, Kenny State and 'Nova
Princeton 143
Yale 157
Penn 192
Columbia 194
Brown 211
Cornell 221 - any hope in the remaining years of this decade? xchinscratchx

Go Green
August 23rd, 2022, 05:55 AM
Absolute disgrace. Holy Cross is a great team regardless of league association but never has the PL been this poor in the playoff era. The Crusaders have virtually no competent challengers. Long gone are days of 2-3, sometimes even 4, teams being on the national conscious.

Wasn't that long ago when you could sub "Colgate" for "Holy Cross" in the above passage and still express the same sentiments.

Go Green
August 23rd, 2022, 05:58 AM
Scholarship FCS teams need to notice that the Ivies are ranked quite higher than their PL counterparts and need to schedule Ivy week 1 games with them...

Dartmouth 133
Princeton 143
Yale 157
Penn 192
Columbia 194
Brown 211

While I think Dartmouth will be fine, I do not expect us to win it this year.

Of course, I'd be thrilled if we did. It would be Dartmouth's first "three-peat" since my own teams did it in the early 1990s.

OhioHen
August 23rd, 2022, 06:43 AM

Dartmouth 133
Princeton 143
Yale 157
Penn 192
Columbia 194
Brown 211
Tell the Ivy ADs to call about arranging some Ivy Week 1 (which is Week 3 for the real world) road games. Keep in mind, though, that many of the full scholarship leagues are already involved in conference play by the time the Ancient 8 ever hit the field.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 23rd, 2022, 07:11 AM
Wasn't that long ago when you could sub "Colgate" for "Holy Cross" in the above passage and still express the same sentiments.

Wasn't long ago Lehigh won back-2-back titles either, 2016 and 2017.....

Professor Chaos
August 23rd, 2022, 07:44 AM

NDSU -6.5 @ Arizona
Are you adding the homefield advantage in on the right side? I figured it as NDSU as about a 2 point favorite.

Oddly enough at the end of last year NDSU would've been a 15 point favorite even including the homefield advantage points to Arizona. Sagarin must've gave Arizona a hefty bump for some reason or other.

clenz
August 23rd, 2022, 07:57 AM

Dartmouth 133
Princeton 143
Yale 157
Penn 192
Columbia 194
Brown 211
I don't think it's a "You're AD needs to have some guts and schedule the Ivy schools". If history has proven anything it's that the Ivy League is completely unwilling to schedule anyone outside of the PL, PFL, or exterme northeastern schools of the CAA - re: New Hampshire.

I'm sure UNI, NDSU, SDSU, SIU, Montana, Montana State, Weber State, etc. would love a shot to prove just how doo the Ivy actually is compared to the rest of the FCS landscape. Hell, I'd bet even little ol USD would love a crack at it.

But that would require the Ivy League admins to look down from their ivory tower and acknowledge such peasant institutions. It would require them to actually put their money where their mouth is in terms of backing up their bark. I have a feeling that they aren't willing to do either of those.

ST_Lawson
August 23rd, 2022, 08:13 AM
WIU in the OVC is a 7-4 team vs a 3-8 team.

Possibly, but 7-4 in the OVC is as relevant to the playoff picture as 4-7 in the MVFC.

clenz
August 23rd, 2022, 08:29 AM
Possibly, but 7-4 in the OVC is as relevant to the playoff picture as 4-7 in the MVFC.
This is true.

However, it speaks to the issue at hand of "WIU doesn't deserve to be anwywhere near that spot because they are a last place Valley team"

While that is true, throwing out the idea of "they are a last place Valley team so they are ****" completely ignores the fact the Valley, top to bottom, is, and has been for a while, significantly above the rest of the FCS. It won't stay that way forever, but that's the current state of the FCS. An average to bad team in Valley play would still do VERY well in damn near every other conference.

UNI is a bit of a perfect example of that. Piggybacking off my posts in the Valley thread. Look at the wins UNI gets in the playoffs. UNI gets told "you don't belong in the playoffs" and that they will get crushed by 9 win Monmouth, or 9 win SFA, 8 win Lamar, etc. Yet UNI pulled the starters at half time of two of those playoff games because they were up by 40+ going into half.

So yes, it looks silly to see WIU or ISUB or even YSU ranked so highly in computer metrics. No I don't believe WIU is a top 25 team. However, because of the fact WIU has to face 6 or 7 human poll ranked top 25 teams every season in conference play it is going to significantly boost their computer metrics because even though they lose the computer is going "Of course they lost, look at who they played" and starts to metric around it.F

A fun example of the bias against computer - Murray State was in the too 25 of more than a few preseason polls last year and no one blinked an eye. Muray State hasn't made the playoffs in 20 years at this point and at 1-5 all time in the playoffs. Why were they in the top 25 to start the year? Because they went 5-2 in the spring against the OVC. I think WIU or ISUb would do quite well against the OVC. Would there truly be *that* much outrage over a 7-4 OVC team being around 20 in polls? Nope. We see it every year. All of a sudden a team, who probably is better (at the very leas is equal too) someone like that gets ends up there in a computer that isn't weighting 90% of their vote on what the number under the W says and more on the "based on schedule strength and quality vs expected to actual outcome based on that strength of opponent it becomes an issue because people care WAY to much about the number under the W once you get outside the top 10 or so

Teams should be ranked on quality of team, not quantity of wins. Wins and losses are not, and should not be, weighted equally.

Professor Chaos
August 23rd, 2022, 08:48 AM
I don't think it's a "You're AD needs to have some guts and schedule the Ivy schools". If history has proven anything it's that the Ivy League is completely unwilling to schedule anyone outside of the PL, PFL, or exterme northeastern schools of the CAA - re: New Hampshire.

I'm sure UNI, NDSU, SDSU, SIU, Montana, Montana State, Weber State, etc. would love a shot to prove just how doo the Ivy actually is compared to the rest of the FCS landscape. Hell, I'd bet even little ol USD would love a crack at it.

But that would require the Ivy League admins to look down from their ivory tower and acknowledge such peasant institutions. It would require them to actually put their money where their mouth is in terms of backing up their bark. I have a feeling that they aren't willing to do either of those.
Hey, the Ivy League is playing postseason football this season... xrolleyesx

Japanese squad to host Ivy League all-star team in Japan-U.S. Dream Bowl (https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2022/08/18/more-sports/football/japan-ivy-dream-bowl/)

Remember playing postseason FCS football in December is too big of a strain on the players' academic load but they can definitely go play in Japan in January instead.... xrotatehx

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2022, 09:38 AM
This is true.

However, it speaks to the issue at hand of "WIU doesn't deserve to be anwywhere near that spot because they are a last place Valley team"

While that is true, throwing out the idea of "they are a last place Valley team so they are ****" completely ignores the fact the Valley, top to bottom, is, and has been for a while, significantly above the rest of the FCS. It won't stay that way forever, but that's the current state of the FCS. An average to bad team in Valley play would still do VERY well in damn near every other conference.

UNI is a bit of a perfect example of that. Piggybacking off my posts in the Valley thread. Look at the wins UNI gets in the playoffs. UNI gets told "you don't belong in the playoffs" and that they will get crushed by 9 win Monmouth, or 9 win SFA, 8 win Lamar, etc. Yet UNI pulled the starters at half time of two of those playoff games because they were up by 40+ going into half.

So yes, it looks silly to see WIU or ISUB or even YSU ranked so highly in computer metrics. No I don't believe WIU is a top 25 team. However, because of the fact WIU has to face 6 or 7 human poll ranked top 25 teams every season in conference play it is going to significantly boost their computer metrics because even though they lose the computer is going "Of course they lost, look at who they played" and starts to metric around it.F

A fun example of the bias against computer - Murray State was in the too 25 of more than a few preseason polls last year and no one blinked an eye. Muray State hasn't made the playoffs in 20 years at this point and at 1-5 all time in the playoffs. Why were they in the top 25 to start the year? Because they went 5-2 in the spring against the OVC. I think WIU or ISUb would do quite well against the OVC. Would there truly be *that* much outrage over a 7-4 OVC team being around 20 in polls? Nope. We see it every year. All of a sudden a team, who probably is better (at the very leas is equal too) someone like that gets ends up there in a computer that isn't weighting 90% of their vote on what the number under the W says and more on the "based on schedule strength and quality vs expected to actual outcome based on that strength of opponent it becomes an issue because people care WAY to much about the number under the W once you get outside the top 10 or so

Teams should be ranked on quality of team, not quantity of wins. Wins and losses are not, and should not be, weighted equally.

nobody said Monmouth would crush Northern Iowa...

OhioHen
August 23rd, 2022, 10:07 AM
Hey, the Ivy League is playing postseason football this season... xrolleyesx

Japanese squad to host Ivy League all-star team in Japan-U.S. Dream Bowl (https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2022/08/18/more-sports/football/japan-ivy-dream-bowl/)

Remember playing postseason FCS football in December is too big of a strain on the players' academic load but they can definitely go play in Japan in January instead.... xrotatehx
Cue the Ivy Presidents "Final exams are done and the new semester hasn't started yet."

ElCid
August 23rd, 2022, 02:50 PM
Are you adding the homefield advantage in on the right side? I figured it as NDSU as about a 2 point favorite.

Oddly enough at the end of last year NDSU would've been a 15 point favorite even including the homefield advantage points to Arizona. Sagarin must've gave Arizona a hefty bump for some reason or other.

I know Massey uses the final ratings from the previous (few?) years to determine the starting ratings. It is weighted less the further back you go. I'd expect Sagarin the do the same. Massey also gives weight to a team's conference's record out of conf, so that is why the MVFC teams, even the not so good ones, get an automatic bump. Likewise that is why Arizona probably gets one. It's not just them, it's the PAC 12. These ratings obviously all get adjusted as actual games happen during a season. But I think this is one of the flaws, albeit unavoidable, of computer rankings. A really bad team can be high just based on its and it's conf's history.

https://masseyratings.com/theory/massey.htm#pre

caribbeanhen
August 28th, 2022, 09:47 PM
The Mercer win lifted all Southern conference boats in Massey ratings

Big Sky takes a hit for weak showing in Vegas

FUBeAR
August 28th, 2022, 10:32 PM
The Mercer win lifted all Southern conference boats in Massey ratings

Big Sky takes a hit for weak showing in Vegas

Not exactly…

Team
Record
Δ
Rat
Pwr
Off
Def
HFA
SoS
SSF
EW
EL

Montana St (https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/5042)
0-00.000
+1

CS Sacramento (https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/1067)
0-00.000
+1

N Colorado (https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/5625)
0-00.000
+1

… Big Sky man … always see those Teams moving up in polls & rankings … even, as was the case this week, when every Big Sky Team that plays gets destroyed.

caribbeanhen
August 29th, 2022, 09:57 AM
Not exactly…

Team
Record
Δ
Rat
Pwr
Off
Def
HFA
SoS
SSF
EW
EL

Montana St (https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/5042)
0-00.000
+1

CS Sacramento (https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/1067)
0-00.000
+1

N Colorado (https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/5625)
0-00.000
+1

… Big Sky man … always see those Teams moving up in polls & rankings … even, as was the case this week, when every Big Sky Team that plays gets destroyed.

No, A quick scan of the highest dropping teams were all Big Sky like Idaho, Idaho St, Portland State and Cal Poly

Biggest drop was the much hyped SF Austin -30

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2022, 11:31 AM
No, A quick scan of the highest dropping teams were all Big Sky like Idaho, Idaho St, Portland State and Cal Poly

Biggest drop was the much hyped SF Austin -30
Yeah I saw that. I expected them to drop, but not to the level of UT-Martin, good greif.

BEAR
August 29th, 2022, 11:50 AM
ASUN:

Kennesaw State: 138 (good play. About right. )
J'ville State: 142 (22 more scholly players. Really FBS so should be higher.)
UCA: 147 (TONS of new players. A loss to Mo. State 119 wouldn't surprise me.)
EKU: 160 (tough week for program. Prayers up. Good talent)
APSU: 170 (no idea on this one)
No. Alabama: 197 (learning the difference between division I and d2)

WAC:

SHSU: 120 (more scholly players. really fbs)
SFA: 168 (Watched the jville game. not sure what to make of them against a 22+ more scholly team)
ACU: 176
Tarleton: 178
So. Utah: 191
Utah Tech: 216

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2022, 09:31 AM
Williams & Mary jumps 17 spots with convincing win over Charlotte

took a knee on last drive

New Hampshire up 32 spots with win over Monmouth....

doesn’t seem right unless Massey first name is Marty

MUHAWKS
September 4th, 2022, 08:51 AM

Towson UP 1 with an OT win over lowly Bison also puzzling but I guess a win is a win!

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2022, 08:55 AM
Towson UP 1 with an OT win over lowly Bison also puzzling but I guess a win is a win!

CAA rising tide lifted all boats but Towson looked horrible

Pards Rule
September 4th, 2022, 10:13 AM

NDSU -6.5 @ Arizona

What was the SHU - Lafayette spread?

MUHAWKS
September 4th, 2022, 10:26 AM
What was the SHU - Lafayette spread?

Lafayette anywhere from + 6 to +7.5 think was + 6.5 gametime

Pards Rule
September 4th, 2022, 11:36 AM
Lafayette anywhere from + 6 to +7.5 think was + 6.5 gametime

Thank you - a mild upset then for sure

UNHWildcat18
September 4th, 2022, 01:12 PM

I see it as +22 not 32.
I think it does and I’ll tell you why, Monmouth has been a playoff team the last few years and we were 3-9 last year… we were ranked pretty low. Also I’m sure many teams above us lost..

Don’t worry it won’t matter when we realistically go 6-5 this year 😂

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2022, 01:59 PM
I see it as +22 not 32.
I think it does and I’ll tell you why, Monmouth has been a playoff team the last few years and we were 3-9 last year… we were ranked pretty low. Also I’m sure many teams above us lost..

Don’t worry it won’t matter when we realistically go 6-5 this year 

I think Mathey adjusted the rankings after Thursday nights games and again after Saturday’s games

ElCid
September 4th, 2022, 02:41 PM
I think Mathey adjusted the rankings after Thursday nights games and again after Saturday’s games

They did.

caribbeanhen
September 6th, 2022, 08:19 AM
I see it as +22 not 32.

Don’t worry it won’t matter when we realistically go 6-5 this year 

So 32 spots up after your win over Monmouth and after Saturday’s games it dropped to 22 spots

NDSU1980
September 21st, 2022, 09:46 AM

Anyone see Hooty lately?

JSUSoutherner
September 21st, 2022, 10:29 AM
Anyone see Hooty lately?
He's probably been busy down at the Subway. I heard they got a new menu or something.