PDA

View Full Version : Great West 2008

UNHWildCats
October 12th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Will North and South Dakota be listed in the conference next season or as indendents? Will Cal-Poly, UC Davis and Southern Utah begin playing both schools next year?

ucdtim17
October 12th, 2007, 02:57 PM
UCD is just playing UND

UNHWildCats
October 12th, 2007, 03:05 PM
at Davis or at UND?

UNHWildCats
October 12th, 2007, 03:29 PM
According to the Great West pree release announcing North and South Dakota joined the conference the release says both schools will be eligible for conference titles in the 2008-09 school year.

If both schools are eligible for the conference title from year one why wont all 3 teams be playing both of them each year starting in 2008?

TexasTerror
October 12th, 2007, 03:50 PM
If both schools are eligible for the conference title from year one why wont all 3 teams be playing both of them each year starting in 2008?

That'd be a bad move by the GWFC to hurt their school's scheduling with two games that do not count as Div I games thus hurting playoff opportunities. UXDs are getting favor with GWFC helping them out with scheduling as they make the move up.

AggieFinn
October 12th, 2007, 03:53 PM
at Davis or at UND?

I believe they're coming to Davis.

RabidRabbit
October 12th, 2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27265&page=9&highlight=Great+West+Join

Here's the earlier discussion thread.

At this point, my understanding is that Poly is hosting ONLY USD (not UND) and that Davis will host ONLY UND, but not USD ('Yotes).

If Davis and Poly don't end up scheduling both USD & UND, the UxD's would sub in the results of a FCS game they do get into the GWFC standings. For example, USD is scheduled to play UNI. The results of that game could be the result used to establish the GWFC standings for USD plus their games vs 3 of the other four. USD & UND have to have each other scheduled in 08.

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
That'd be a bad move by the GWFC to hurt their school's scheduling with two games that do not count as Div I games thus hurting playoff opportunities. UXDs are getting favor with GWFC helping them out with scheduling as they make the move up.
Do games with transitional schools not count? That must make it tough to put together a schedule.

darell1976
October 12th, 2007, 05:05 PM
UND will be hosting Southern Utah, At Davis and probably hosting USD on way to a GWFC title!!!

UNHWildCats
October 12th, 2007, 05:17 PM
If UC Davis and Cal-Poly schedule sb Div I teams anyway why not just make it the others of the UXD schools as opposed to Western Washington and Western Oregon as they had this season.