PDA

View Full Version : Navy - Delaware

Go...gate
October 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
This upcoming game became a bit more meaningful after Navy's win over Pitt last night. It will be fun to watch.

KAUMASS
October 11th, 2007, 04:28 PM
This upcoming game became a bit more meaningful after Navy's win over Pitt last night. It will be fun to watch.

I was thinking the exact same thing..xthumbsupx

Go' get um UD.

Hansel
October 11th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I see UD's D givin up a lot o' points

danefan
October 11th, 2007, 04:32 PM

Navy looked surprisingly quick last night.

brownbear
October 11th, 2007, 04:36 PM

Navy's D will too. They gave up 43 points against Duke!

danefan
October 11th, 2007, 04:40 PM

That's a lot of Greg Paulus 3-pointers.

Oh wait...Duke plays football too. I forgot.

aust42
October 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM

I'm a fan so I guess it's ok to look past Northeastern. And then there is a bye week so the game isn't for three more weekends. I'm sure Flacco our Pitt QB transfer would love to beat Navy the same year they beat Pitt.

colgate13
October 11th, 2007, 05:49 PM
My goodness Navy's offense looked sharp. How long do people think they can keep Johnson? I kept on taking notes on how they ran that option to perfection...

Good luck Delaware!

AZGrizFan
October 11th, 2007, 06:29 PM

I don't think Delaware scores 43 against Navy. But Navy very well could score 43 against Delaware. xnodx xnodx xnodx

BlueHen86
October 11th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Delaware plays Navy the week before Navy plays Notre Dame. I think this will help the Hens a little bit.

hornetsrhorrible
October 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM
as an alum of dsu and a former airman, this is one of the few times i will root for the hens. go hens beat navy!

LehighFan11
October 11th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Delaware plays Navy the week before Navy plays Notre Dame. I think this will help the Hens a little bit.
Navy doesn't overlook anyone. Only chance Delaware would have woudl be to shut down Navy's option game.

98chev
October 11th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I think Delaware's D has to come up big, Navy's O looked pretty damn good the other night.

dbackjon
October 11th, 2007, 07:37 PM
BEAT http://static.flickr.com/94/248013381_824669362b.jpg?v=0

terrierbob
October 11th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Navy's uniforms and offense look familiar.xchinscratchx xchinscratchx

BlueHen86
October 11th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Navy doesn't overlook anyone. Only chance Delaware would have woudl be to shut down Navy's option game.
Maybe they don't, but I'd rather play them that week as opposed to any other week on the schedule.
(I'm not counting the Army game because the week before the Army - Navy game is the first round of the playoffs.)

blueballs
October 11th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Navy's uniforms and offense look familiar.xchinscratchx xchinscratchx

The offense is the same one that ran roughshod over 1-AA from 1997-2001, winning the SoCon every year and two NC's.

As for the uni's, they look kinda like the team that is in 1st place in the conference now.

Henny
October 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Playing Navy is almost like a conference game it happens so often(although not since 04). UD sees the Navy offense more often than Pitt does but that dosent mean we will stop it.

Ironically Tubby claims to have invented the spread option at a coaches convention with Fisher DeBerry.

RadMann
October 11th, 2007, 09:35 PM
The all-time series is very close. Hopefully UD beats the middies!

GannonFan
October 11th, 2007, 09:40 PM
UD is much, much better against the run than the pass this year. Hens looked great against the spread option earlier this year against URI (shut out until late in the 4th) - obviously that's a much slower spread option than what Navy runs, but UD won't have to start from scratch. Also, UD gets two weeks to prepare for Navy so there's extra prep time. UD has two great DE's that are very effective at playing the option, and one is the transfer from Notre Dame who had to prepare for Navy every year. Navy will get a lot of yards, but UD will look much better defending it than Pitt did last night.

As for offense, hard to tell - UD's been pretty vanilla on offense so it depends if they open it up against Navy or not. Should be a good game though.