PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel Vs. Furman

Citadel2009
October 11th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Do we have any predictions out there from citadel fans and furman fans alike... I would love to see a good turnout from the citadel faithful at the game and make parents weekend special for our guys...

citdog
October 11th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Do we have any predictions out there from citadel fans and furman fans alike... I would love to see a good turnout from the citadel faithful at the game and make parents weekend special for our guys...

LOOK OUT AGS! THE SOUTH CAROLINA CORPS OF CADETS IS NOW ON AGS! BISONBABE, PURP FOR LIFE AND ALL FEMALE POSTERS......TRY AND CONTAIN YOURSELVES!

'DOGS 31
'DINS 30

OL FU
October 11th, 2007, 12:42 PM
I rarely pick against Furman. It could very well be a close game. But our problems have been pass defense and turnovers. Bad pass defense plays into your game well . Turnovers xconfusedx xeyebrowx If both those continue to be problems, long day for the dins.

Hope not but I am picking the Citadel by 7 to 10 points.

and welcome aboard. xthumbsupx

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Should be interesting. Both teams playoff lives really hinge on the outcome of this game.

I like the way Furman's defense came out and shut down Coastal last weekend while the dogs from the south didn't have a particularly good showing against the dogs from the north.

Both teams will be very ready to play this one. I wouldn't be shocked to see a nasty low scoring game that gets settled in OT.

OL FU
October 11th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Should be interesting. Both teams playoff lives really hinge on the outcome of this game.

I like the way Furman's defense came out and shut down Coastal last weekend while the dogs from the south didn't have a particularly good showing against the dogs from the north.

Both teams will be very ready to play this one. I wouldn't be shocked to see a nasty low scoring game that gets settled in OT.

PaladinFan, what do you think it is going to take to keep from giving the ball away. That is the one thing that bothers me most about this year.

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2007, 02:24 PM
PaladinFan, what do you think it is going to take to keep from giving the ball away. That is the one thing that bothers me most about this year.
Gorilla Glue?:p

OL FU
October 11th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Gorilla Glue?:p

hey whatever worksxrolleyesx How many turnovers to we have in 5 games - - - - 20xconfusedx xrotatehx

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2007, 02:29 PM
hey whatever worksxrolleyesx How many turnovers to we have in 5 games - - - - 20xconfusedx xrotatehx

That sounds about right. xbawlingx That one out of the side of the endzone for a touchback last week was particularly painful.xsmhx xoopsx

blueballs
October 11th, 2007, 02:31 PM
This is MOL an elimination game for FU and it is on the road, against a good team, and w/o their best WR playmaker who is lost for the season...

...this seems like a tall order for the Purps but I can see them making a stand here and this is likely to be a very hard fought physical affair.

The irrational part of me says FU but El Cid is probably the better team. This much is for sure, whoever has the positive turnover number will win, and I think that will be The Citadel playing at home in front of a good crowd.

OL FU
October 11th, 2007, 02:40 PM
This is MOL an elimination game for FU and it is on the road, against a good team, and w/o their best WR playmaker who is lost for the season...

...this seems like a tall order for the Purps but I can see them making a stand here and this is likely to be a very hard fought physical affair.

The irrational part of me says FU but El Cid is probably the better team. This much is for sure, whoever has the positive turnover number will win, and I think that will be The Citadel playing at home in front of a good crowd.

No doubt about elimination, 4 overall losses and 2 in the conference means done forxnodx

citdog
October 11th, 2007, 02:43 PM
No doubt about elimination, 4 overall losses and 2 in the conference means done forxnodx

i hope with every fiber of my being that it's the GD FURPLE ****S!

OL FU
October 11th, 2007, 02:44 PM
i hope with every fiber of my being that it's the GD FURPLE ****S!

Why, so we will know how how the bullpups usually feelxwhistlex

citdog
October 11th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Why, so we will know how how the bullpups usually feelxwhistlex

no you really hate to lose to us, and we are kind of used to losing to you.

OL FU
October 11th, 2007, 02:51 PM
no you really hate to lose to us, and we are kind of used to losing to you.

Hell we hate losing to anyone, especially you Haven't had to worry about it oftenxwhistlex

MarkCCU
October 11th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Bellhops 28
Ponies 21

Appaholic
October 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Purps 21
Pups 17

lizrdgizrd
October 11th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I think this one is going to fall the Furple's way.

Citadel 17
FU 20

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2007, 04:06 PM

While it may sound crazy, I think losing RJ Webb might help our struggling offense. Webb is, IMO, the best reciever in the conference (at least one of most athletic) but our coaching staff has used him as an offensive crutch, hoping he will break tackles and make plays.

The loss of Webb will FORCE Furman to run the football, and as you know, we do that just about as well as anyone in the country. The team this week has stressed a get back to basics attitude. While I hate that RJ got hurt (he did run back a 63 yrd punt return last weekend), I hope our coaches will now opt for three yards via the fullback dive than the WR screen.

I honestly think this will be the most hard hitting game of the year in the conference. I expect the Bulldogs to get a huge helping of Jerome Felton.

But, as others have said, a lot of this will come down to which team has the ability to hold onto the ball.

citdog
October 11th, 2007, 04:36 PM
While it may sound crazy, I think losing RJ Webb might help our struggling offense. Webb is, IMO, the best reciever in the conference (at least one of most athletic) but our coaching staff has used him as an offensive crutch, hoping he will break tackles and make plays.

The loss of Webb will FORCE Furman to run the football, and as you know, we do that just about as well as anyone in the country. The team this week has stressed a get back to basics attitude. While I hate that RJ got hurt (he did run back a 63 yrd punt return last weekend), I hope our coaches will now opt for three yards via the fullback dive than the WR screen.

I honestly think this will be the most hard hitting game of the year in the conference. I expect the Bulldogs to get a huge helping of Jerome Felton.

But, as others have said, a lot of this will come down to which team has the ability to hold onto the ball.

it doesn't really matter what you do, if we do what we are capable of you will not be able to score with us.

lizrdgizrd
October 11th, 2007, 04:39 PM
it doesn't really matter what you do, if we do what we are capable of you will not be able to score with us.
I thought you were easy, citdog. xeyebrowx

citdog
October 11th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I thought you were easy, citdog. xeyebrowx

not with a vermin

youwouldno
October 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM
The Paladins have much greater raw talent but an unbelievable inability to execute offensively and a questionable, generally ineffective approach defensively. Either the Paladins will put it together as a team or Citadel will win, with some ease.

BestOfBreed
October 11th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Andre Roberts is like Shakespeare... he makes plays. He'll make a lot of them against Furman.

The Citadel 31
Furman 20

Purple Knight
October 11th, 2007, 06:52 PM

Damn. Where have you been when we run on 1st & 2nd, and the D puts 8 in the box and we are left with 3rd and long. Unless you are just so dominate it doesn't matter what the other team does on D, this method you love is a designed plan for 3 and punt. Same with the pass. If you are that good at it, it doesn't matter what the other team does. We just ain't that good at either. We're good, but not great.

AndrewFU21
October 12th, 2007, 01:59 AM
If FU wins it will have to be a physical, grind it out game. If we let Lawson and co. get going, I have a hard time seeing us keep up in a high scoring battle. I'd really like to see Furman get back to the smash mouth football that we saw in 2004 and 2005 where it felt like we could ram it down people's throats when we really needed to. I guess that has been the difference now that people have been keying in on Jerome the last couple of years without a great threat in the passing game. And now with our best deep threat gone, the running game becomes even more important.

AppChicago
October 12th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Meh. Hopin' FU takes this one.

Still, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

I'll say those cutesy wootsie little puppy wuppies (with little Civil War uniforms and all): 27
21 points for the Purple.

OL FU
October 12th, 2007, 05:36 AM

I like it when you make these predictions becuase last week you knew that nobody could stop your offensexnodx

PaladinFan
October 12th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Damn. Where have you been when we run on 1st & 2nd, and the D puts 8 in the box and we are left with 3rd and long. Unless you are just so dominate it doesn't matter what the other team does on D, this method you love is a designed plan for 3 and punt. Same with the pass. If you are that good at it, it doesn't matter what the other team does. We just ain't that good at either. We're good, but not great.

It isn't like just in 2007 teams have started to stack the box. Furman has been a running team for years. My point is that instead of trying to gain 3 yrds with a bubble screen to Webb, perhaps we continue to try to forge ahead with the run.

Like it or not, we have 4 very very good running backs. Let them run. They'll find the holes.

terrierbob
October 12th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Is this televised?

PaladinFan
October 12th, 2007, 08:51 AM
No. 4 of our last 5 are televised though, but not the Citadel game. Strange I guess.

CID1990
October 12th, 2007, 09:09 AM
The way Furman will win is to do the same thing Wofford did. Keep our offense off the field, wear out our defense.

Unfortunately for Furman, their offense isn't as multi-faceted as Wofford's. We will stack the box on them and dare them to throw it.

citdog
October 12th, 2007, 10:50 AM
BEAT ****MAN! BEAT ****MAN! BEAT THE HELL OUT OF ****MAN!

OL FU
October 12th, 2007, 10:55 AM
BEAT ****MAN! BEAT ****MAN! BEAT THE HELL OUT OF ****MAN!

you getting excited about this gamexeyebrowx

citdog
October 12th, 2007, 03:43 PM
see previous post