Elon Phoenix

Southeast Missouri State Redhawks

Monmouth Hawks

Most Significant Win:

Most Significant Loss:

Fell Out Of Poll:

Professor Chaos
August 1st, 2022, 12:20 PM
Article for the preseason poll: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-poll-preseason-2022-top-25-results/

Tough to argue placements since who knows how things will shake out in a new season but a couple things that I thought were interesting:

JMU ended a 100 poll streak in the top 25 being no longer eligible - the last AGS top 25 that didn't include the Dukes was week 9 of 2014. Sam Houston also snapped a 24 poll streak in the top 25.
The Big Sky and MVFC were heavily represented in the top 25 and especially at the top. 12 of the top 25 teams were from those two leagues (6 each). Together they also consisted of the entire top 4, 5 of the top 6, 7 of the top 9, and 8 of the top 11. There has to be at least a team or two amongst all those teams from the same conferences in the top 11 that will fall woefully short of preseason expectations.

Professor Chaos
August 1st, 2022, 12:33 PM
This was my crack at it:

1: North Dakota State Bison
2: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
3: Montana Grizzlies
4: Montana State Bobcats
5: Villanova Wildcats
6: Missouri State Bears
7: Kennesaw State Owls
8: Sac State Hornets
9: Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks
10: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
11: Northern Iowa Panthers
12: Chattanooga Mocs
13: Delaware Fightin Blue Hens
14: Eastern Washington Eagles
15: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
16: Southern Illinois Salukis
17: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
18: Incarnate Word Cardinals
19: South Dakota Coyotes
20: Mercer Bears
21: Holy Cross Crusaders
22: Jackson State Tigers
23: Weber State Wildcats
24: Richmond Spiders
25: Dartmouth Big Green

Some hot takes where I differed quite a bit from the consensus is that I think UNI will have a very good year and I think SIU is going to tail off from where they've been. I'm also a bit higher on UT Martin but that's more because I couldn't come up with a good argument to move people above them and I felt like having Missouri St so high (who UTM beat last year on the road in the playoffs) kind of pulled them up as well.

In general my reasoning for my placement of teams in my preseason ballot is pretty much:
https://media1.tenor.com/images/61ff37de77b27dea2cd5be858546bee9/tenor.gif?itemid=4818063

GoBlueHens83
August 1st, 2022, 01:08 PM
2: Montana State Bobcats
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
4: Montana Grizzlies
5: Sac State Hornets
7: Southern Illinois Salukis
8: Eastern Washington Eagles
9: Kennesaw State Owls
10: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
11: Incarnate Word Cardinals
12: Villanova Wildcats
13: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
14: UC Davis Aggies
15: Jackson State Tigers
16: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
17: Holy Cross Crusaders
18: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
19: Northern Iowa Panthers
20: Richmond Spiders
21: South Dakota Coyotes
22: Mercer Bears
23: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
24: William & Mary Tribe
25: Eastern Kentucky Colonels

Even though I think preseason polls are useless, here's my ballot.

CAA is wide open this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 1st, 2022, 01:10 PM
My Attempt...

3: Missouri State Bears
4: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
6: Montana Grizzlies
7: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
8: Kennesaw State Owls
9: Eastern Washington Eagles
10: Holy Cross Crusaders
11: Southern Illinois Salukis
12: Harvard Crimson
13: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
14: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
15: Sac State Hornets
16: Incarnate Word Cardinals
17: Chattanooga Mocs
18: Princeton Tigers
19: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
21: New Hampshire Wildcats
22: Northern Iowa Panthers
23: South Dakota Coyotes
24: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
25: Weber State Wildcats

caribbeanhen
August 1st, 2022, 01:19 PM
To all of you guys that are picking Villanova 5th, do you know who their quarterback is gonna be?

If you’re gonna include Jackson State, why not South Carolina St?

CAA is not as bad as they are right now, look for Richmond and and Willie & Mary to be moving up in this poll

ursus arctos horribilis
August 1st, 2022, 01:22 PM
This was my crack at it:

8: Sac State Hornets
9: Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks
10: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
11: Northern Iowa Panthers
13: Delaware Fightin Blue Hens
14: Eastern Washington Eagles
15: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
16: Southern Illinois Salukis
21: Holy Cross Crusaders
23: Weber State Wildcats
25: Dartmouth Big Green

Some hot takes where I differed quite a bit from the consensus is that I think UNI will have a very good year and I think SIU is going to tail off from where they've been. I'm also a bit higher on UT Martin but that's more because I couldn't come up with a good argument to move people above them and I felt like having Missouri St so high (who UTM beat last year on the road in the playoffs) kind of pulled them up as well.

In general my reasoning for my placement of teams in my preseason ballot is pretty much:
https://media1.tenor.com/images/61ff37de77b27dea2cd5be858546bee9/tenor.gif?itemid=4818063

xlolx
Excellent pic choice.

Professor Chaos
August 1st, 2022, 01:27 PM
To all of you guys that are picking Villanova 5th, do you know who their quarterback is gonna be?

CAA is not as bad as they are right now, look for Richmond and and Willie & Mary to be moving up in this poll
Who else you gonna put up there???

Honestly, it felt kinda silly to make my entire top 10 all Big Sky and MVFC but I had a hard time finding teams from other conferences that seemed to have top 10 potential. So teams like Villanova, Kennesaw St, SFA, and UTM got bumps for me because I knew that somebody from outside the Big Sky and MVFC has to end up in the top 10.

caribbeanhen
August 1st, 2022, 01:30 PM
Who else you gonna put up there???

Honestly, it felt kinda silly to make my entire top 10 all Big Sky and MVFC but I had a hard time finding teams from other conferences that seemed to have top 10 potential. So teams like Villanova, Kennesaw St, and UTM got bumps for me because I knew that somebody from outside the Big Sky and MVFC has to end up in the top 10.

I just wanna know who the Nova QB is going to be 😂

GoBlueHens83
August 1st, 2022, 01:39 PM

This is why I have Villanova at #12. They are still my top ranked CAA team, but as of now I didn't feel like any CAA team deserved to be in the Top 10.

caribbeanhen
August 1st, 2022, 02:41 PM
This is why I have Villanova at #12. They are still my top ranked CAA team, but as of now I didn't feel like any CAA team deserved to be in the Top 10.

I had them 9th

I think your poll looks rally good, only Jackson St pick I question but I know they are loading up like Galileo on a Greek weekend

OhioHen
August 1st, 2022, 02:57 PM
Not posting the whole thing, but ready to end the speculation:

The lone number one vote not thrown the way of the Bison was by me.

KPSUL
August 1st, 2022, 03:28 PM
My Attempt...

3: Missouri State Bears
4: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
6: Montana Grizzlies
9: Eastern Washington Eagles
10: Holy Cross Crusaders
11: Southern Illinois Salukis
12: Harvard Crimson
15: Sac State Hornets
17: Chattanooga Mocs
18: Princeton Tigers
19: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
21: New Hampshire Wildcats
22: Northern Iowa Panthers
23: South Dakota Coyotes
24: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
25: Weber State Wildcats

Man, you've got more gumption than me ranking UNH in your top 25. Based on the last few seasons, there are at least 4 CAA teams you didn't rank I'd have to put in there before New Hampshire: URI, Elon, Richmond and W&M.
But having said that, don't be shocked if you see a pre 2018 version of UNH on the field this season. There was way more talent on the field last season than the 8 game losing streak indicated. We played JMU much tougher than Richmond, Elon, Weber St. or W&M; losing 21-23. UNH QB Max Brosmer is back as the starter, Max had a very respectable Freshman season in 2019 going 6 and 4 as a starter. And as acting Head Coach in 2019, new Head Coach Ricky Santos went 6-5, 5-3 in the conference, with less overall player quality than we have starting the 2022 season. Thinking that a Ricky Santos led team is going to have carry-over issues with motivation and determination would be a mistake.

ElCid
August 1st, 2022, 03:42 PM
Crap. Was on my short list yesterday to finish and forgot. First ballot I missed in a long time.

HootyHoo
August 1st, 2022, 04:11 PM
It looks like all of Hooty’s hard work has finally started to pay off. #7 for THE Kennesaw State University is an acceptable starting point. Well done. Btw, how does Hooty become a pollster?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 1st, 2022, 04:32 PM
It's a pretty easy process in the AGS Poll area this thread was posted up a while back. I know it might say it closes...but I don't get back to that stuff all the time until later and I am sure it is still live.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?307101-2022-Poll-Registration-Now-Open

If not I can sure open it back up.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 1st, 2022, 04:34 PM
Crap. Was on my short list yesterday to finish and forgot. First ballot I missed in a long time.

Pretty sure I gorgot to close the voting too...in case you feel like salvaging your streak. Won't add it to the output but will mark it in on your card.

paward
August 1st, 2022, 05:35 PM
I put Nova at 5. They always able to pull a rabbit out of the hat. I am ok with them at 5 for now, just do not want to see them there in November.

Daytripper
August 1st, 2022, 06:39 PM
I don't have a dog in the hunt....so here goes nothing.

4: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
5: Missouri State Bears
6: Montana State Bobcats
7: Sac State Hornets
8: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
10: Villanova Wildcats
11: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
12: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
13: Southern Illinois Salukis
14: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
15: Holy Cross Crusaders
16: Chattanooga Mocs
17: Eastern Washington Eagles
18: Weber State Wildcats
19: Rhode Island Rams
20: Incarnate Word Cardinals
21: Mercer Bears
23: Harvard Crimson
24: Central Arkansas Bears
25: Eastern Kentucky Colonels

I'm much higher on SFA than most. They are going to be loaded. They have a coach that knows how to win. Wouldn't it be ironic if the first Battle of the Piney Woods they win in forever is when Sam Houston is transitioning to FBS?

atthewbon
August 1st, 2022, 07:14 PM
Here is my poll…

3: Montana State Bobcats
6: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
8: Southern Illinois Salukis
9: Villanova Wildcats
10: Sac State Hornets
11: Eastern Washington Eagles
12: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
13: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
15: Incarnate Word Cardinals
16: Northern Iowa Panthers
17: Jackson State Tigers
18: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
20: Holy Cross Crusaders
21: Chattanooga Mocs
23: Richmond Spiders
24: UC Davis Aggies
25: Rhode Island Rams

The Yo Show
August 1st, 2022, 07:32 PM
Is every team that receives votes featured in ORV, or only the top so many teams that also got votes?

MUHAWKS
August 1st, 2022, 07:47 PM
Man, you've got more gumption than me ranking UNH in your top 25. Based on the last few seasons, there are at least 4 CAA teams you didn't rank I'd have to put in there before New Hampshire: URI, Elon, Richmond and W&M.
But having said that, don't be shocked if you see a pre 2018 version of UNH on the field this season. There was way more talent on the field last season than the 8 game losing streak indicated. We played JMU much tougher than Richmond, Elon, Weber St. or W&M; losing 21-23. UNH QB Max Brosmer is back as the starter, Max had a very respectable Freshman season in 2019 going 6 and 4 as a starter. And as acting Head Coach in 2019, new Head Coach Ricky Santos went 6-5, 5-3 in the conference, with less overall player quality than we have starting the 2022 season. Thinking that a Ricky Santos led team is going to have carry-over issues with motivation and determination would be a mistake.

KPSUL- b/c I am being lazy can you explain The Santos situation? He was interim HC in 2019, did ok, then stayed on the staff for 2 years after they hired someone else and that guy got fired? Or was there illness etc?

using AGS as a gage our season opener is a pick 'em.

FUBeAR
August 1st, 2022, 07:48 PM
I'm also a bit higher on UT Martin but that's more because I couldn't come up with a good argument to move people above them and I felt like having Missouri St so high (who UTM beat last year on the road in the playoffs) kind of pulled them up as well.
This logic makes perfect sense….Wondering though…

While you were moving UTM up to #10 because they beat your #6 Team, a MVFC Team, last year; did you think about moving up any SoCon Teams, each of the 3 which you have ranked outside (to well outside) your Top 10…BECAUSE the next-to-last-place SoCon Team (who was beaten by all 3 of the SoCon Teams you have ranked by avg of 17+ points) took UTM down to the wire last year, at the Skyhawks’ place, in a back-and-forth 5 point game that coulda gone either way?

Just a-wonderin’

KPSUL
August 1st, 2022, 09:01 PM
KPSUL- b/c I am being lazy can you explain The Santos situation? He was interim HC in 2019, did ok, then stayed on the staff for 2 years after they hired someone else and that guy got fired? Or was there illness etc?

using AGS as a gage our season opener is a pick 'em.

Sean McDonnell was the UNH coach for more than 20 years. He had cancer that required surgery and he missed the entire 2019 season. Ricky Santos was the Associate Head coach at that time, and probably the heir apparent so was selected as the acting head coach for the 2019 season. Sean McDonnell returned to coach one more season - 2021, and announced his retirement shortly after the season ended, Ricky was quickly announced as the next UNH Head Coach. Ricky Santos was UNH QB 2004-2007 and won the Payton award in 2006. Santos is the third UNH Football Head Coach in fifty years. McDonnell was preceded by Bill Bowes who came to UNH in 1972. McDonnell also played for UNH 74-77 as a defensive back and punt returner. Bowes played at Penn St.

Pick'em seems about right. Monmouth comes in with better results the last 2-3 years, but UNH has a ginormous homefield advantage.

MUHAWKS
August 1st, 2022, 10:21 PM
Sean McDonnell was the UNH coach for more than 20 years. He had cancer that required surgery and he missed the entire 2019 season. Ricky Santos was the Associate Head coach at that time, and probably the heir apparent so was selected as the acting head coach for the 2019 season. Sean McDonnell returned to coach one more season - 2021, and announced his retirement shortly after the season ended, Ricky was quickly announced as the next UNH Head Coach. Ricky Santos was UNH QB 2004-2007 and won the Payton award in 2006. Santos is the third UNH Football Head Coach in fifty years. McDonnell was preceded by Bill Bowes who came to UNH in 1972. McDonnell also played for UNH 74-77 as a defensive back and punt returner. Bowes played at Penn St.

Pick'em seems about right. Monmouth comes in with better results the last 2-3 years, but UNH has a ginormous homefield advantage.

Oh wow- Yes I knew about Santo's as a player- Did not realize he was replacing a quasi legend HC though.. It all makes sense now. I hope McDonnell is doing ok health wise. Thanks for the info..

McCowboys
August 2nd, 2022, 05:48 AM
McCowboys Poll:

6: Kennesaw State Owls
9: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
14: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
20: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
21: Nicholls Colonels
23: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
25: Southern Jaguars

McCowboys

The Most Significant Win:
The Most Significant Loss:
Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Southland Conference

Chalupa Batman
August 2nd, 2022, 06:06 AM
My poll is a useful as:

https://media1.giphy.com/media/wxluC4k8ywGWkonk7l/giphy.gif

5: Southern Illinois Salukis
6: Villanova Wildcats
7: Missouri State Bears
9: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
11: Weber State Wildcats
13: Sac State Hornets
15: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
16: Holy Cross Crusaders
19: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
20: Dartmouth Big Green
21: Northern Iowa Panthers
23: UC Davis Aggies
25: Harvard Crimson

Professor Chaos
August 2nd, 2022, 06:24 AM
This logic makes perfect sense….Wondering though…

While you were moving UTM up to #10 because they beat your #6 Team, a MVFC Team, last year; did you think about moving up any SoCon Teams, each of the 3 which you have ranked outside (to well outside) your Top 10…BECAUSE the next-to-last-place SoCon Team (who was beaten by all 3 of the SoCon Teams you have ranked by avg of 17+ points) took UTM down to the wire last year, at the Skyhawks’ place, in a back-and-forth 5 point game that coulda gone either way?

Just a-wonderin’
I think it's a stretch to use a closer-than-it-should've-been-win against Samford in last year's nonconference against UTM but to be honest I had forgotten about it. I didn't feel comfortable with any SOCON team in my top 10 since I think ETSU drops off from their level last year and I didn't think I could justify putting UTC all the way up there given how they finished last year.

But who knows, I might be wrong about UTM and the SOCON teams so I'll adjust accordingly once the actual games start.

caribbeanhen
August 2nd, 2022, 06:45 AM
5: Kennesaw State Owls
9: Villanova Wildcats
10: Eastern Washington Eagles
11: Sac State Hornets
12: Dartmouth Big Green
13: Harvard Crimson
15: Richmond Spiders
16: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
18: Holy Cross Crusaders
20: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
21: Incarnate Word Cardinals
22: Chattanooga Mocs
23: Mercer Bears
24: Princeton Tigers
25: Northern Iowa Panthers

Caribbeanhen

McCowboys
August 2nd, 2022, 07:09 AM
My poll is a useful as:

https://media1.giphy.com/media/wxluC4k8ywGWkonk7l/giphy.gif

5: Southern Illinois Salukis
6: Villanova Wildcats
7: Missouri State Bears
9: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
11: Weber State Wildcats
13: Sac State Hornets
15: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
16: Holy Cross Crusaders
19: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
20: Dartmouth Big Green
23: UC Davis Aggies
25: Harvard Crimson

It looks like only around 40 people voted in the poll, and so I congratulate you! The preseason poll is usually the most difficult. So many changes and variables.

MR. CHICKEN
August 2nd, 2022, 07:36 AM
McCowboys Poll:

6: Kennesaw State Owls
9: East Tennessee State Buccaneers

McCowboys

Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Southland Conference

....WOW!......OWN-LAH ONE CAA CHOICE.......INTERESTIN'...........BRAWK!

KPSUL
August 2nd, 2022, 07:45 AM

likely still pissed off about losing at home to CAA's 2009 4th best team, UNH, 49-13 in the 2009 playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

McCowboys
August 2nd, 2022, 12:14 PM

Mr. Chicken, I believe that Delaware now has a very good coach. I have the Hens in my top 30 if it went that far.

- - - Updated - - -

likely still pissed off about losing at home to CAA's 2009 4th best team, UNH, 49-13 in the 2009 playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I have amnesia.

FUBeAR
August 2nd, 2022, 01:06 PM

....WOW!......OWN-LAH ONE CAA CHOICE.......INTERESTIN'...........BRAWK!Using logic FUBeAR has seen proffered by others in this very thread, it seems only Villanova should be ranked ahead of the SoCon’s Wofford squad…and Wofford was ranked #113 in one poll that FUBeAR digested (with significant heartburn), so it seems McCowboys has ‘followed the science’ and selected the ONLY CAA Team possibly worthy of ranking higher than #113. Right?

MR. CHICKEN
August 2nd, 2022, 01:11 PM
Using logic FUBeAR has seen proffered by others in this very thread, it seems only Villanova should be ranked ahead of the SoCon’s Wofford squad…and Wofford was ranked #113 in one poll that FUBeAR digested (with significant heartburn), so it seems McCowboys has ‘followed the science’ and selected the ONLY CAA Team possibly worthy of ranking higher than #113. Right?

.....JES' FINISHED LUNCH........NO ROOM...FO'.....OLD BAIT......xsighx........BRAWK!

McCowboys
August 2nd, 2022, 05:03 PM

- - - Updated - - -

After a power nap, some of my memory did come back. I do remember vaguely a McNeese team beating Villanova in a playoff game in Cowboy Stadium, and a home win and a road win over Delaware in the playoffs. But that was a long time ago and has no bearing on this. I do have much respect for Delaware and would love if these two teams would meet in the regular season is home-and-homes.

I checked my poll against the official AGS poll, and I didn't think it was that bad. I was not purposely "anti" any conference. I did my best, but did have a few misses. However, I did my best checking all the other preseason polls which had come out and comments on threads here on AGS. Maybe I was reading too much sandbagging from some teams. ?

KPSUL
August 2nd, 2022, 07:48 PM
After a power nap, some of my memory did come back. I do remember vaguely a McNeese team beating Villanova in a playoff game in Cowboy Stadium, and a home win and a road win over Delaware in the playoffs. But that was a long time ago and has no bearing on this. I do have much respect for Delaware and would love if these two teams would meet in the regular season is home-and-homes.

I checked my poll against the official AGS poll, and I didn't think it was that bad. I was not purposely "anti" any conference. I did my best, but did have a few misses. However, I did my best checking all the other preseason polls which had come out and comments on threads here on AGS. Maybe I was reading too much sandbagging from some teams. ?

The CAA is not the dominate force it was 2003 through about 2014, but it still has enough overall conference strength to warrant more than 1 team in a pre-season top 25 poll. The problem is determining which additional team(s) to include. Over-rated conferences last season? Big Sky (where are all the MVFC guys that used to call it the "Big Fluffy" and The Southland where the top teams got to feed on the 2 hapless teams at the bottom of their 6 team conference twice in a single season.

McCowboys
August 2nd, 2022, 08:05 PM
The CAA is not the dominate force it was 2003 through about 2014, but it still has enough overall conference strength to warrant more than 1 team in a pre-season top 25 poll. The problem is determining which additional team(s) to include. Over-rated conferences last season? Big Sky (where are all the MVFC guys that used to call it the "Big Fluffy" and The Southland where the top teams got to feed on the 2 hapless teams at the bottom of their 6 team conference twice in a single season.

LOL! I didn't mean for my poll to get under your skin so. I imagine that there are some conferences that I didn't include in my poll at all, but it seems like it's only the CAA crybabies who have a problem.

Also, you should have used "dominant" instead of "dominate."

KPSUL
August 2nd, 2022, 09:41 PM
LOL! I didn't mean for my poll to get under your skin so. I imagine that there are some conferences that I didn't include in my poll at all, but it seems like it's only the CAA crybabies who have a problem.

Thanks professor. But I didn't read your poll, I was just responding to someone who did.

- - - Updated - - -

Puddin Tane
August 2nd, 2022, 10:19 PM
Dang. I missed poll. So i guess i cant sayxthumbsdownx to northern iowa.

Catbooster
August 2nd, 2022, 10:55 PM
Mine is all over the place in comparison to the AGS consensus (as should probably be expected for a preseason poll):

Rank, Team, Variance from AGS

North Dakota State Bison

-

South Dakota State Jackrabbits

-

Villanova Wildcats

+2

Montana Grizzlies

Delaware Fightin'Blue Hens

+11

Montana State Bobcats

Sacramento State Hornets

Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks

+4

Chattanooga Mocs

+6

Missouri State Bears

Southeastern Louisiana Lions

+2

Kennesaw State Owls

Southern Illinois Salukis

Weber State Wildcats

+6

Rhode Island Rams

+10

Northern Iowa Panthers

+2

UC Davis Aggies

+7

Central Arkansas

+12

Incarnate Word Cardinals

East Tennessee State Buccaneers

Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks

Eastern Washington Eagles

Abilene Christian

NR

Holy Cross Crusaders

NC A&T

NR

And with that we are close to 25% of the polls posted here.

caribbeanhen
August 3rd, 2022, 05:17 AM

Delaware fans have a general appreciation and respect for McNeese State and I really enjoyed reading some first hand accounts of the 1974 game when the Cowboys visited Newark. You had your way with us for almost 3 quarters and your nice contingent of fans were just a ringing those Cowbells all day long. Life was good.

But by the time the fourth quarter rolled around your defense was fatigued and the fabled Delaware Wing T went to work behing All American running back Nate Beasley. Your fans were in shock but still ever so friendly.

MR. CHICKEN
August 3rd, 2022, 07:40 AM

.....CAIN'T LET DAT ONE GO BAH!......DUH CONSENSUS AGS POLL.....HAS 7 CAA TEAMS IN TOP 40.......3 TOP 25......TWO JES' ON OUTSKIRTS UH TOWN........AH'D IMAGINE....SOMEWHERE NEAR 40 POLLSTERS......IFIN' WERE TA SPEAK UP.......WOOD AGREE WHIFF DUH CAA LADS.......AH REMEMBER LAST SEASON....ONE GUY....KEPT VILLANOVA @ 19.........WHEN MAJORITY POLLSTERS HAD 'EM INSIDE TOP TEN........WHIFF FEWER VOTERS DIS SEASON......WE NEED TA BE MO' DILIGENT.....THERE AREN'T DUH # UH POLLSTERS TA CORRECT MISGUIDED SELECTIONS.......WE'VE ALL MADE UH MISTAKE OR THREE OCCASIONALLY.....BUT IN YER POLL...IT'S YOUSE...AGIN' DUH WORLD......NOT JES' CAA...BRAWK!

xbabycryx

OhioHen
August 3rd, 2022, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=MR. CHICKEN;3064786]....BUT IN YER POLL...IT'S YOUSE...AGIN' DUH WORLD......NOT JES' CAA...BRAWK!

[QUOTE]
This CAA voter only had one CAA team in his Preseason Top 25, so it's not just McCowboys that's down on our league (although I had 6 in my top 35).

FUBeAR
August 3rd, 2022, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=MR. CHICKEN;3064786]....BUT IN YER POLL...IT'S YOUSE...AGIN' DUH WORLD......NOT JES' CAA...BRAWK!

QUOTE]
This CAA voter only had one CAA team in his Preseason Top 25, so it's not just McCowboys that's down on our league (although I had 6 in my top 35).
https://biblicalcounselingcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/You-Are-Not-Alone.jpg

MR. CHICKEN
August 3rd, 2022, 11:59 AM

QUOTE]

.....CONSENSUS...SAYS YER NUTS......AWQ

CAIN'T LET DAT ONE GO BAH!......DUH CONSENSUS AGS POLL.....HAS 7 CAA TEAMS IN TOP 40.......3 TOP 25......TWO JES' ON OUTSKIRTS UH TOWN........AH'D IMAGINE....SOMEWHERE NEAR 40 POLLSTERS......IFIN' WERE TA SPEAK UP.......WOOD AGREE WHIFF DUH CAA LADS.......AH REMEMBER LAST SEASON....ONE GUY....KEPT VILLANOVA @ 19.........WHEN MAJORITY POLLSTERS HAD 'EM INSIDE TOP TEN........WHIFF FEWER VOTERS DIS SEASON......WE NEED TA BE MO' DILIGENT.....THERE AREN'T DUH # UH POLLSTERS TA CORRECT MISGUIDED SELECTIONS.......WE'VE ALL MADE UH MISTAKE OR THREE OCCASIONALLY.....BUT IN YER POLL...IT'S YOUSE...AGIN' DUH WORLD......NOT JES' CAA...BRAWK!

smilo
August 3rd, 2022, 10:21 PM
13. Richmond
19. Villanova
21. William & Mary
22. Delaware
24. Monmouth

I don't actually think the CAA is that good, but the sub-division has been decimated. Who else was I gonna throw in there?

It's a preseason poll, so I won't bother with the whole thing. I have no insider knowledge of the entire country.

caribbeanhen
August 4th, 2022, 06:46 AM

your poll is full of some “Southern Hospitality”.

The Cats
August 4th, 2022, 07:01 AM
You have to start somewhere... here's this years start for me...

6: Sac State Hornets
7: Southern Illinois Salukis
8: Villanova Wildcats
10: Chattanooga Mocs
11: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
12: Holy Cross Crusaders
13: Weber State Wildcats
14: Mercer Bears
15: Eastern Washington Eagles
16: Rhode Island Rams
17: Incarnate Word Cardinals
18: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
19: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
20: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
23: Furman Paladins
24: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
25: Richmond Spiders

The Cats

Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Southern Conference

SFA 93
August 4th, 2022, 07:47 AM
I like EKU in 2022, as they have most of their offense returning, with a great QB in Parker McKinney who averaged 6.2 yards per carry on almost 600 yards rushing and 6 TDs, while passing for another 2,429 yards and 41 TDs.

The OL returns 4 starters.

The Colonels do take a hit on defense, returning only 4 starters from 2021.

EKU (14)

OFFENSE (9/11)
QB: 1/1
RB: 0/1
OL: 4/5
WR: 2/2
TE: 2/2

DEFENSE (4/11)
DL:1/3
LB:2/4
DB:1/4

SPECIAL TEAMS (1/2)
P:0/1
K:1/1

wmmii
August 4th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Missed the preseason poll.

Watch out for William & Mary as CAA preseason poll ranked them #5 out of 13.

They have the preseason pick for CAA Defensive of Year plus two starting QB returning from the last 3 years. Team seems loaded in the backfield also. Schedule is very favorable with final home game against 'Nova and Delaware for W&M Homecoming plus Elon and Rhode Island at home. Road games against Stony and then Towson followed by Hampton then Richmond. Tribe plays 3 out of top 4 teams in CAA preseason poll in their house.

mvemjsunpx
August 4th, 2022, 06:04 PM
Stealing Catbooster's idea and comparing my ballot to the overall AGS Poll…

1. North Dakota St.

-

2. South Dakota St.
-

3. Montana St.
+3

4. Southern Illinois
+5

5. Sacramento St.
+1

6. Montana

7. Missouri St.
+1

8. Holy Cross
+11

9. Villanova

10. Weber St.
+10

11. Stephen F. Austin
+1

12. Kennesaw St.

13. Harvard
+15

14. South Dakota
+8

15. Northern Iowa
+3

16. Jackson St.
+7

17. Mercer
+4

18. Incarnate Word

19. Eastern Washington

20. Florida A&M
+17

21. Dartmouth
+5

22. Tennessee-Chattanooga

23. East Tennessee St.

24. Sacred Heart
+8

25. Tennessee-Martin

ursus arctos horribilis
August 5th, 2022, 03:05 PM
Is every team that receives votes featured in ORV, or only the top so many teams that also got votes?

Sorry it took so long to answer you Yo but the cutoff is 40 unless that number has a tie. There were 52 total teams that received a vote but all were 6 points or less.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 5th, 2022, 03:09 PM
New voters that registered recently I have sent the email out to you that other voters get as a welcome and a chance to try out the setup.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 5th, 2022, 03:10 PM
Missed the preseason poll.

Watch out for William & Mary as CAA preseason poll ranked them #5 out of 13.

They have the preseason pick for CAA Defensive of Year plus two starting QB returning from the last 3 years. Team seems loaded in the backfield also. Schedule is very favorable with final home game against 'Nova and Delaware for W&M Homecoming plus Elon and Rhode Island at home. Road games against Stony and then Towson followed by Hampton then Richmond. Tribe plays 3 out of top 4 teams in CAA preseason poll in their house.

Anybody that missed can still go cast a ballot. It is open. It just won't count in the preseason, it will give the breathing room for poll perfection if you want it.

SDFS
August 5th, 2022, 04:17 PM
New voters that registered recently I have sent the email out to you that other voters get as a welcome and a chance to try out the setup.

I got the email, I will give it a try this weekend. Thanks.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 5th, 2022, 04:37 PM
I got the email, I will give it a try this weekend. Thanks.xthumbsupx

paward
August 5th, 2022, 07:12 PM
Urus are the individual google docs for each voter updated? I love that tool as much as how they faired.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 6th, 2022, 07:41 PM
Urus are the individual google docs for each voter updated? I love that tool as much as how they faired.

Not yet, well a few are but I have not went through all ballots in the inbox just yet to move them. Still trying to reset all the docs as I go for this year and archive last season. The voter sheets and master list of them is the last thing I'm working on...rather slowly I might add. xlolx

The Yo Show
August 7th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Sorry it took so long to answer you Yo but the cutoff is 40 unless that number has a tie. There were 52 total teams that received a vote but all were 6 points or less.

No worries! I was just curious because one of the teams I had voted for did not appear in the ORV column for the first time. Considering I had never seen that happen before, while I assumed there had to be a cutoff, I figured I would ask to make sure something weird didn't happen. Thanks for the response!

Catatonic
August 7th, 2022, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the idea Catbooster. Also a shout out for including Abilene Christian in your poll. I’d like to think you are a genius for being right on this one. I wasn’t that brave. I’m gonna give our new coach a few games before going there, even though I sure like the depth and talent he’s added.

1: North Dakota State Bison -
2: South Dakota State Jackrabbits-
3: Montana Grizzlies -
4: Montana State Bobcats -
5: Missouri State Bears +3
6: Kennesaw State Owls +1
7: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks +5
8: Sac State Hornets -2
9: Villanova Wildcats -4
10: Southern Illinois Salukis -1
11: East Tennessee State Buccaneers -1
12: Chattanooga Mocs +3
13: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens+3
14: Incarnate Word Cardinals -
15: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks +2
16: Jackson State Tigers +7
17: Holy Cross Crusaders +2
18: Eastern Washington Eagles -7
19: Southeastern Louisiana Lions -6
20: South Dakota Coyotes +2
21: Weber State Wildcats -1
22: Mercer Bears -1
23: Northern Iowa Panthers-5
24: Eastern Kentucky Colonels NR
25: UC Davis Aggies -1

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

caribbeanhen
August 7th, 2022, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the idea Catbooster. Also a shout out for including Abilene Christian in your poll. I’d like to think you are a genius for being right on this one. I wasn’t that brave. I’m gonna give our new coach a few games before going there, even though I sure like the depth and talent he’s added.

3: Montana Grizzlies +1
4: Montana State Bobcats -1

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious, why would Jackson State be ranked so much higher than southeastern Louisiana considering the playoff game last year where the SWAC team got thumped by southeastern Louisiana?
?

Catatonic
August 7th, 2022, 12:15 PM
Just curious, why would Jackson State be ranked so much higher than southeastern Louisiana considering the playoff game last year where the SWAC team got thumped by southeastern Louisiana?
?
Honestly, for teams in the 15-25 range I didn’t do a very detailed analysis. I usually make major changes the first few weeks of the season. My placement of Jackson State was based on a hunch that all that talent Coach Prime keeps recruiting will begin to pay dividends.

To answer your question though. The SWAC team you beat had a record of 9-3 record. Jackson State was 11-2, with a Win over the same Florida A&M team you smacked down. You lost your QB. Jackson State picked up a 5-star recruit.

caribbeanhen
August 7th, 2022, 01:08 PM
Honestly, for teams in the 15-25 range I didn’t do a very detailed analysis. I usually make major changes the first few weeks of the season. My placement of Jackson State was based on a hunch that all that talent Coach Prime keeps recruiting will begin to pay dividends.

To answer your question though. The SWAC team you beat had a record of 9-3 record. Jackson State was 11-2, with a Win over the same Florida A&M team you smacked down. You lost your QB. Jackson State picked up a 5-star recruit.

Gotcha, and South Carolina State dominated Jackson State last year and nobody even mentions that...

Sure all of these celestial recruits have to eventually pay off for Jackson State. Similar to the Ivy League, it’s just a shame they’ll never get to show how good they are because they don’t play anybody.

NDSU1980
August 7th, 2022, 01:10 PM

3: Montana Grizzlies +1
4: Montana State Bobcats -1

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you have MT Grizzlies at +1 and the MT State Bobcats at - 1 when the Griz and Bobcats finished exactly as you voted them?

Catatonic
August 7th, 2022, 01:19 PM
Why do you have MT Grizzlies at +1 and the MT State Bobcats at - 1 when the Griz and Bobcats finished exactly as you voted them?

Because I’m old and easily confused? Correction made. Thanks for the catch.

caribbeanhen
August 8th, 2022, 06:35 AM

Just know just because I singled out your Jackson State pick, that only means that there we’re 24 other picks I didn’t say much about so pretty good job by me. I’m a Delaware fan by the way.

Catatonic
August 10th, 2022, 06:32 AM
I saw a thread on another site about the accuracy of preseason FBS polls. Basically, preseason FBS polls don’t seem too reliable. This raises the question of whether preseason FCS polls are more or less reliable or about the same as our FBS counterparts?

A couple of interesting stats-

—Fewer than half of the teams in the 2021 preseason AP top 25 ended up in the final AP top 25

—Three teams from the preseason top 10 were unranked

Catatonic
August 10th, 2022, 08:01 AM
I saw a thread on another site about the accuracy of preseason FBS polls. Basically, preseason FBS polls don’t seem too reliable. This raises the question of whether preseason FCS polls are more or less reliable or about the same as our FBS counterparts?

A couple of interesting stats-

—Fewer than half of the teams in the 2021 preseason AP top 25 ended up in the final AP top 25

—Three teams from the preseason top 10 were unranked

2021 AGS pre season and final poll differences-

—4 top 10 pre season teams weren’t ranked by season’s end- Delaware, No Dakota, Weber State and Monmouth- so not quite as accurate as the FBS poll.

—14 of the teams in the reason poll were still around at season’s end. 11/25 were absent in the final poll, so more accurate than the FBS poll.

—Two teams that were unranked in the preseason finished in the Top 10- East Tenn and Sac. State.

I wonder who this year’s ETSU and Sac State will be?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2022, 12:13 PM

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2022, 12:18 PM
Just know just because I singled out your Jackson State pick, that only means that there we’re 24 other picks I didn’t say much about so pretty good job by me. I’m a Delaware fan by the way.

Testing each other is exactly what makes this fun and full of integrity and aplomb.

Not quite a rhyme but it flows like a damn river!

Most people don't take it as an insult and pointing out certain things makes me, and I am sure many others look at things others notice a bit more closely in the following weeks.

Catatonic
August 10th, 2022, 12:51 PM
Testing each other is exactly what makes this fun and full of integrity and aplomb.

Not quite a rhyme but it flows like a damn river!

Most people don't take it as an insult and pointing out certain things makes me, and I am sure many others look at things others notice a bit more closely in the following weeks.
Exactly.

Daytripper
August 10th, 2022, 04:28 PM
2021 AGS pre season and final poll differences-

—4 top 10 pre season teams weren’t ranked by season’s end- Delaware, No Dakota, Weber State and Monmouth- so not quite as accurate as the FBS poll.

—14 of the teams in the reason poll were still around at season’s end. 11/25 were absent in the final poll, so more accurate than the FBS poll.

—Two teams that were unranked in the preseason finished in the Top 10- East Tenn and Sac. State.

I wonder who this year’s ETSU and Sac State will be?

NOT Lamar.

Catatonic
August 11th, 2022, 06:42 AM
NOT Lamar.
Bold, ‘tripper. I’m gonna go ahead and count HBU out as well.

dbackjon
August 15th, 2022, 12:43 PM
Article for the preseason poll: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-poll-preseason-2022-top-25-results/

Tough to argue placements since who knows how things will shake out in a new season but a couple things that I thought were interesting:

JMU ended a 100 poll streak in the top 25 being no longer eligible - the last AGS top 25 that didn't include the Dukes was week 9 of 2014. Sam Houston also snapped a 24 poll streak in the top 25.
The Big Sky and MVFC were heavily represented in the top 25 and especially at the top. 12 of the top 25 teams were from those two leagues (6 each). Together they also consisted of the entire top 4, 5 of the top 6, 7 of the top 9, and 8 of the top 11. There has to be at least a team or two amongst all those teams from the same conferences in the top 11 that will fall woefully short of preseason expectations.

With the two top non-BSC/MVFC teams gone, the concentration at the top is even more pronounced.

Puddin Tane
August 16th, 2022, 08:37 PM
NOT Lamar.

cmon man

Daytripper
August 17th, 2022, 09:42 AM
cmon man

Fair enough. Tell me, though...is there a even a glimmer of hope for a surprise leap into a .500+ record this season?