PDA

View Full Version : The FCS Stock Market 2022

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2022, 07:37 PM
This should be pretty simple and fun for a lot of us around here. If an FCS team were a stock would you buy or sell based on what you think their performance will be over the next 6 months? Give the team, then whether you are buying or selling, then your take on why they are a buy or sell.

I don't have too much so far as "buy" for the year based on what last year prduced and I want to say...

Montana Grizzlies
Buy

The defense will be as good as last season if not better I think and if the offense is just slightly healthier this season and we get even 1 or 2 more first downs a drive then we are very slightly undervalued considering last seasons standing. Just not sure on the O line so not a strong buy at this point.

I'm not solid on that but it's my f'n money so shut it!

Now, I got some questions. Remember this is in comparison to last season which is their price/valuation currently.

Buy or sell on these teams?

ETSU
Missouri State
Villanova Wildcats
Chattanooga Mocs
Weber State Wildcats

Anybody got a penny stock that might creep into or near the AGS T25?:D

KPSUL
July 23rd, 2022, 09:18 PM
ETSU
Missouri State
Villanova Wildcats
Chattanooga Mocs
Weber State Wildcats

Because I don't think any of these teams will do better than they did in Fall of 2021, I say:
​Sell'em all !

ElCid
July 23rd, 2022, 09:35 PM
I sell calls on ETSU to win the SoCon, and buy them on Chatty.

I'd sell Weber. Buy Nova. And hold MoSt.

I'd set up a DRIP on NDSU.

POD Knows
July 23rd, 2022, 09:54 PM
I have a buy on Missouri State. They might have been the second best team the Bison played last year and they are young. But they are a wild card, undisciplined and who knows.

I am a seller on ETSU. We will see. I am also a seller on Neons team. Early polls have them in the top 20. Nope.

bonarae
July 24th, 2022, 01:01 AM
Buy: Missouri State, Chattanooga
Sell: ETSU, Villanova, Weber State

Catatonic
July 24th, 2022, 05:59 AM
Ok, so if I’m looking at this the same way I’d look at stocks, I’d ask whether a team is under, over, or fairly valued. In our case I’d use preseason polls to determine which schools fit into which category. I’d buy those that are undervalued, that is, those with upside potential in the polls, and sell those that are much more likely to fall in rank/value by the end of the year.

ETSU Strong Sell. Hero Sports has ETSU fifth. Huge downside here and not much upside.
Missouri State- Hold. Most polls have them at 5-6. Sounds about right. I really like this team, but I don’t see any upside.
Villanova Wildcats. Weak Sell. Ranked at 9-10. They may finish this high but there are too many ?, starting at QB
Chattanooga Mocs Hold
Weber State Wildcats weak buy. Unranked by Hero Sports, 24 by Blue Bloods. Seem to be returning a lot of talent, but a brutal schedule may do them in.

Penny Stock picks

North Alabama- 7 players on preseason all conference team, but picked last in the ASUN preseason Poll. May surprise some folks. Has a chance to show up in the AGS poll.

Abilene Christian. Very excited about the Wildcats new coaching staff. Offensive Coordinator Steven Lee’s high octane offense helped fuel Mary Hardin Baylor to 3 D3 national championships. The Staff used the off season to reload everywhere, and to emphasize strength and conditioning for returning players. O and D line will be heavier and stronger. The outcome of a two game series with SFA and a road trip to North Dakota nay determine whether ACU sniffs the T25.

caribbeanhen
July 24th, 2022, 07:44 AM
Is Bernie Madoff running a Big Sky Ponzi scheme?

MR. CHICKEN
July 24th, 2022, 09:36 AM
This should be pretty simple and fun for a lot of us around here. If an FCS team were a stock would you buy or sell based on what you think their performance will be over the next 6 months? Give the team, then whether you are buying or selling, then your take on why they are a buy or sell.

I don't have too much so far as "buy" for the year based on what last year prduced and I want to say...

Montana Grizzlies
Buy

The defense will be as good as last season if not better I think and if the offense is just slightly healthier this season and we get even 1 or 2 more first downs a drive then we are very slightly undervalued considering last seasons standing. Just not sure on the O line so not a strong buy at this point.

I'm not solid on that but it's my f'n money so shut it!

Now, I got some questions. Remember this is in comparison to last season which is their price/valuation currently.

ETSU
Missouri State
Villanova Wildcats
Chattanooga Mocs
Weber State Wildcats

WILLIAM & MARY..........xtwocentsx...........MORTGAGE YER SECOND BORN......(TRADITIONALLY....DUH SLACKER....ANYWAY)................TO PURCHASE......ALL YA'S CAN.....xtwocentsx.....DOODLE-DOO!

Daytripper
July 24th, 2022, 10:29 AM
Buy: SFA

Returning really good offensive skill players. They have a coach who knows how to win.

Professor Chaos
July 24th, 2022, 10:42 AM
In the MVFC:

I'll buy UNI (relatively easy schedule by UNI standards and 6 home games) and Illinois St (always solid defense - if they can even get average QB play they'll be tough).

I'll sell SIU (lost a ton of experience and will be tough to maintain continuity with all the transfers they brought in) and USD (brutal early season schedule will sink them I think).

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2022, 12:11 PM
I should have made this a bit easier as far as last valuation too. Here is the final poll link:

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?291584-AGS-Poll-Results-FINAL-2021-SEASON&p=3033205#post3033205

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2022, 12:13 PM
I sell calls on ETSU to win the SoCon, and buy them on Chatty.

I'd sell Weber. Buy Nova. And hold MoSt.

I'd set up a DRIP on NDSU.

I expected more analysis from you there El Bloomberg! Like the picks though.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2022, 12:15 PM
Ok, so if I’m looking at this the same way I’d look at stocks, I’d ask whether a team is under, over, or fairly valued. In our case I’d use preseason polls to determine which schools fit into which category. I’d buy those that are undervalued, that is, those with upside potential in the polls, and sell those that are much more likely to fall in rank/value by the end of the year.

ETSU Strong Sell. Hero Sports has ETSU fifth. Huge downside here and not much upside.
Missouri State- Hold. Most polls have them at 5-6. Sounds about right. I really like this team, but I don’t see any upside.
Villanova Wildcats. Weak Sell. Ranked at 9-10. They may finish this high but there are too many ?, starting at QB
Chattanooga Mocs Hold
Weber State Wildcats weak buy. Unranked by Hero Sports, 24 by Blue Bloods. Seem to be returning a lot of talent, but a brutal schedule may do them in.

Penny Stock picks

North Alabama- 7 players on preseason all conference team, but picked last in the ASUN preseason Poll. May surprise some folks. Has a chance to show up in the AGS poll.

Abilene Christian. Very excited about the Wildcats new coaching staff. Offensive Coordinator Steven Lee’s high octane offense helped fuel Mary Hardin Baylor to 3 D3 national championships. The Staff used the off season to reload everywhere, and to emphasize strength and conditioning for returning players. O and D line will be heavier and stronger. The outcome of a two game series with SFA and a road trip to North Dakota nay determine whether ACU sniffs the T25.

Now there is some analysis. Nice work tonic.

atthewbon
July 24th, 2022, 06:10 PM
ETSU- sell, a lot of people have them in the 5-8 range. I think that’s probably right for now but I don’t see them being much better and could see them being a lot worse
Missouri St- sell, see above
Villanova- sell, I still think they’ll be solid but idk if they’ll be top ten like a lot of people think
Chattanooga- sell/hold, always seem to get a lot of hype and never quite live up to it. A lot of people seem to have them around the 15 range. I could see them being a top 10 team but I think it’s more likely they end up outside the top 20
Weber st- hold/buy, most preseason polls don’t have them ranked so this team has room to exceed expectations. They play all the top Big Sky teams which is tough but a lot are at home. I could see them being a playoff team this year.

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
July 24th, 2022, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure if they're quite ready to win the Big Sky Conference this year, but I am investing heavily in Northern Arizona University stock. NAU has two straight solid recruiting classes (21 and 22), and some of their standout Freshman last year are returning for their Sophomore years. I'm looking at QB RJ Martinez and RB Kevin Daniels to have a big year. Their defense was solid last year (Watch the highlights of them scalping Arizona last year for proof). Perhaps the offense will mature to match. It's gonna be a good year in the Skydome.

caribbeanhen
July 24th, 2022, 10:17 PM
- QB Reece Udinski, lead VMI to playoffs in spring season and stud WR Jakob Herres (VMI transfer). These two very familiar with each other and should really put some points .... Richmond is a buy

Delaware BUY
Hens had a down Quarter but they have a new young fresh whippersnapper CEO coming in to replace Rip no ideas Van Rocco and he has hit the portal hard adding some needed skill position talent and OL, one being from Montana State....watch out

Villanova Is a hold, need to see the new QB

Elon is going through a hostile Southern Conference take over bid from non other than Elon Muskrat Love himself but known in these parts as FuBear and the Wofford game. It is quickly turning into one of the biggest games of the young season ... the stakes are high

New Hampshire was at one time the Procter & Gamble of FCS paying playoff dividends for 14 years straight but have fallen on tough times lately. One analyst known as KPSUL has been Pumping the syrup stock but investors are not buying into it

Maine is also having trouble keeping talent in the state and several coaches have asked if they can work from home simply because the state is too scary to live in..... investors are literally in the dark with this creepy stock

FUBeAR
July 24th, 2022, 11:21 PM
- QB Reece Udinski, lead VMI to playoffs in spring season and stud WR Jakob Herres (VMI transfer). These two very familiar with each other and should really put some points .... Richmond is a buy

Delaware BUY
Hens had a down Quarter but they have a new young fresh whippersnapper CEO coming in to replace Rip no ideas Van Rocco and he has hit the portal hard adding some needed skill position talent and OL, one being from Montana State....watch out

Elon is going through a hostile Southern Conference take over bid from non other than Elon Muskrat Love himself but known in these parts as FuBear and the Wofford game. It is quickly turning into one of the biggest games of the young season ... the stakes are high

New Hampshire was at one time the Procter & Gamble of FCS paying playoff dividends for 14 years straight but have fallen on tough times lately. One analyst known as KPSUL has been Pumping the syrup stock but investors are not buying into it

Maine is also having trouble keeping talent in the state and several coaches have asked if they can work from home simply because the state is too scary to live in..... investors are literally in the dark with this creepy stock

LOL - Nice work.

Yeah - FUBeAR would also put a strong buy on Richmond with the top SoCon Talents they were able to poach. FUBeAR is also a fan of their SoCon “CEO.” Played against him, liked what we saw he was doing at Chatt when they were recruiting FUBeAR Jr, and just think he’s a good man. Surprised things haven’t gone a little better for him at Richmond so far. This could be the breakout year he needs.

caribbeanhen
July 25th, 2022, 09:06 AM
LOL - Nice work.

Yeah - FUBeAR would also put a strong buy on Richmond with the top SoCon Talents they were able to poach. FUBeAR is also a fan of their SoCon “CEO.” Played against him, liked what we saw he was doing at Chatt when they were recruiting FUBeAR Jr, and just think he’s a good man. Surprised things haven’t gone a little better for him at Richmond so far. This could be the breakout year he needs.

Im sure your Ex Southern Conference beau would privately confer the CAA grind has not shown him any Southern conference hospitality

The Cats
July 25th, 2022, 09:43 AM
I think it would be wise to "BUY" Western Carolina...

Mocs123
July 25th, 2022, 09:52 AM
In the SoCon out of those I'd say:

ETSU - Sell. Obviously I could be very wrong on this, but I think they'll have some growing pains with a new coach in George Quarles. Quarles had unprecedented success at Maryville HS - not to far from Johnson City but has never been a college HC. He did spend a couple of years as Furman's OC, but the Palidin faithful seemed happy to see him go. Quarles did keep a lot of the existing staff, so that is a positive for Bucs fans, but I just don't see a new college HC come out of the gate and winning the SoCon. I think the Bucs will be near the top of the SoCon, but not win it all this year.

Chattanooga - Hold. We return pretty much our entire defensive front seven from a dominate defense a year ago. We do have to replace some of the secondary, but having a strong pass rush will help those guys mature. Offensively we should have a solid running game but have to improve our QB play. We brought in EMU QB Preston Hutchinson to push incumbent starter Cole Copeland. Hutchinson had some great games at EMU. If we get better QB play, and we replace a few key losses on the defensive backfield and offensive line we could be poised for a playoff run. If not we probably end up third in the SoCon.

FUBeAR
July 25th, 2022, 09:55 AM
Woulda thought the same, but when you turn over 2/3rds of your roster in 1 year, FUBeAR has to put a “Hold” tag on the Catamounts until that pudding is a bit more done up in the Whee.

Mocs123
July 25th, 2022, 09:59 AM
While I think Western Carolina will be much improved this year, I'm not sure if they will be nationally relevant (top 25) just yet. The SoCon team that I think will come out of left field for a lot of poll voters is Mercer. I'm not sure they win the SoCon, but they'll be right there, and have built a pretty good program that has somewhat flown under the radar.

caribbeanhen
July 25th, 2022, 09:59 AM

at the opening Bell ?

nevadagriz
July 25th, 2022, 11:40 AM
Buy Montana State and EWU. This is based on the fact I think alot of people would have sold after they both lost a ton of talent. They both will reload and be very good!

MR. CHICKEN
July 25th, 2022, 11:46 AM
Buy Montana State and EWU. This is based on the fact I think alot of people would have sold after they both lost a ton of talent. They both will reload and be very good!

...BUT....BUT.....E. WASH.....IS PICKED 6th......IN DUH FLUFFY...........BRAWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 25th, 2022, 12:21 PM

In comparison to last year? I can see hold but I don't see an upside this season.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 25th, 2022, 12:21 PM

That seems off to me as well but who knows.

Catbooster
July 25th, 2022, 03:03 PM
In comparison to last year? I can see hold but I don't see an upside this season.
In comparison to last year I'd agree with you. But I'd buy stocks based on the current price, not what they cost 6 months ago. I think a number of posts have been basing their buy/sells on current expectations (i.e. preseason polls, not final 2021 poll).

I'd agree with you that the Griz are probably a buy comparing to last year's results (should be a little better) but might be a sell comparing to this year's preseason expectations (hard to exceed those expectations, easy to come up short). Meanwhile I'd put the Cats opposite - sell compared to last year (not much room to end up better but lots of ways to end up worse) and buy compared to preseason (maybe hold).

Edit to add: As far as EWU, 9th nationally in the final poll - that's pretty good - I'd say sell, maybe hold. 6th in the Big Sky preseason polls - soft buy.

crusader11
July 25th, 2022, 03:13 PM
In the PL, the one school that I think many will be sleeping on is Lehigh.

They were awful last year, not going to debate that, but also very young. I think they must have set some records with not scoring a touchdown in their first six games of the season. But then they figured things out against Fordham (lost 35-28), lost to HC (but had it to a one-score game early in the 4th) and concluded the season with three wins. I could see them challenging Fordham and Colgate for second in the PL.

Lehigh's stock is dirt cheap now and you can get a nice ROI.

SFA 93
July 25th, 2022, 03:30 PM
Yes, SFA is a BUY

The Jacks and are loaded and balanced.

With the exception of two offensive linemen, they return everybody on an offense that averaged 34 points and 423 yards a game (6.1 yards per play) in 2021.

The defense returns 5 all conference players including two starting defensive ends that combined for 17 sacks, 25.5 TFLs, and 8 QBHs, a secondary that combined for 25 PBU, 11 FF, 8 INTS, and the entire special teams is all conference.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 25th, 2022, 06:14 PM
In comparison to last year I'd agree with you. But I'd buy stocks based on the current price, not what they cost 6 months ago. I think a number of posts have been basing their buy/sells on current expectations (i.e. preseason polls, not final 2021 poll).

I'd agree with you that the Griz are probably a buy comparing to last year's results (should be a little better) but might be a sell comparing to this year's preseason expectations (hard to exceed those expectations, easy to come up short). Meanwhile I'd put the Cats opposite - sell compared to last year (not much room to end up better but lots of ways to end up worse) and buy compared to preseason (maybe hold).

Edit to add: As far as EWU, 9th nationally in the final poll - that's pretty good - I'd say sell, maybe hold. 6th in the Big Sky preseason polls - soft buy.

But my premise is the AGS Poll as the value...so we sort of have to go by the final poll on that basis. The fun thing might be that we can run this through the season and maybe calculate who bought low etc.

Correct, I don't think everyone is basing it on that so far but I have not probably explained or even completely thought it out so well. xlolx

katss07
July 25th, 2022, 09:55 PM
Give me all the Incarnate Word stock and then some. Really don’t care that Ward and the staff left, GJ Kinne is an offensive guru and has risen up the ranks wherever he has gone. Lindsey Scott is a competent quarterback and they’re still loaded at skill positions. Grimes is elite. Chafin will make an impact. Easily the best team SHSU beat last year and I don’t think much will change.

Selling SFA and Kennesaw State. Seeing both of them in the top 10 and really don’t think either team is very good.

MR. CHICKEN
July 25th, 2022, 10:01 PM
In the PL, the one school that I think many will be sleeping on is Lehigh.

They were awful last year, not going to debate that, but also very young. I think they must have set some records with not scoring a touchdown in their first six games of the season. But then they figured things out against Fordham (lost 35-28), lost to HC (but had it to a one-score game early in the 4th) and concluded the season with three wins. I could see them challenging Fordham and Colgate for second in the PL.

Lehigh's stock is dirt cheap now and you can get a nice ROI.

....M-HAWKS SKED.........VILLANOVA/RICHMOND/PRINCETON/MONMOUTH/FORDHAM/HOLY COW....AN' POSSIBLY COLGATE.....WILL MAKE LEHIGH STOCK...AS WORTHLESS AS ENRON....BRAWK!

KPSUL
July 25th, 2022, 10:11 PM

New Hampshire is only seventh in the production of Maple Syrup in the US. However in CAA football, I see UNH as a little better. I'm predicting us in a 3 way tie for 4th place, or a 4 way tie for 3rd.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 25th, 2022, 10:39 PM
....M-HAWKS SKED.........VILLANOVA/RICHMOND/PRINCETON/MONMOUTH/FORDHAM/HOLY COW....AN' POSSIBLY COLGATE.....WILL MAKE LEHIGH STOCK...AS WORTHLESS AS ENRON....BRAWK!

Yup, Gilmore is starring another horrific start in the face. He's not making it to 2023......

I could honestly see him being "let go" if they start 0-6 which is capped with an ugly loss to Holy Cross. Getting fired midseason by two PL programs would be a historical low for a coach....

I'd buy a lot of Holy Cross stock as I believe they have semifinal potential. The only other PL team I'd take a flier on is Colgate. To finish second last year given the Hunt debacle was rather impressive. They appear to have the culture to maybe push to 6 or 7 wins if the stars align. HC's trip to Hamilton will be the Crusader's toughest PL test imo....

DFW HOYA
July 25th, 2022, 11:03 PM
Yup, Gilmore is starring another horrific start in the face. He's not making it to 2023......

I could honestly see him being "let go" if they start 0-6 which is capped with an ugly loss to Holy Cross. Getting fired midseason by two PL programs would be a historical low for a coach....

I'd buy a lot of Holy Cross stock as I believe they have semifinal potential. The only other PL team I'd take a flier on is Colgate. To finish second last year given the Hunt debacle was rather impressive. They appear to have the culture to maybe push to 6 or 7 wins if the stars align. HC's trip to Hamilton will be the Crusader's toughest PL test imo....

Agree on 0-6 as a Rubicon but that would involve a loss to Georgetown in week two.

The problem with Colgate and 7-4 is a prohibitive non-conference schedule:

at Stanford
at Maine
at Penn
HOLY CROSS
CORNELL
at Army
GEORGETOWN
at Bucknell
LAFAYETTE
at Lehigh
at Fordham

Milktruck74
July 26th, 2022, 06:20 AM
The purpose of buy sell and hold is ultimately to make money by beating expected performance. Since I do not purchase anything I don't have a solid understanding of, I will limit my recs to the SoCon teams mentioned above.

WCU - BUY, BUY BUY. As was mentioned before they have replaced 2/3 of the team...and that isn't really a bad thing. They have always had talent, but never the culture to utilize that talent. So this wholesale change may alter the culture. They will outperform the "traditional" expectations of the past Cants teams.

ETSU - SELL - This will not be the same team that beat an SEC squad (albeit a very bad one) and ripped through the SoCon (except the MOCS!!!). New Coach, many new players, many leaders lost to transfer and graduation (or to AARP in the case of Jared Folks), This team will not outperform 2022...

UTC - HOLD - I desperately want to say Buy, but I just can't. Last years team was led by an incredible Defensive front 7 and a mediocre Defensive backfield...all losses off the Defense are off that backfield and it appears there are several strong transfers to step into those empty spots. The Defense should be stronger than it was last year. The offense is returning one of (if not THE) best RB stables in FCS, the WR room has new leadership and the negitivity that plagued it last season has been eliminated, so I expect to see big gains there. The OL has a HUGE HOLE to fill with the drafting of Cole Strange, but with the addition of KEvin REvis as the OL coach and going after several very capable transfers, this unit should be clicking very well come conference play. Now for the elephant in the room...QB play. Cole Copeland is a good kid that is never going to do anything to lose a game for you, but he isn't the field general that is going to lead the team from behind in the 4th...The Mocs added transfer Preston Hutchins from EMU who showed some brilliance in the shortened Covid season..will he push Copeland to step up or will he take the spot to himself? I don't know. But what I do know is if the overall QB play is not improved the mocs will be looking at another disappointing season and watching the playoffs from home. Is this a team that CAN go 8-0 in SoCon play and make a deep run? YES. Will they? Time will tell. I think the safe bet on the Mocs is to Hold, because they won't do worse than last year, but they might not do better either!!!

MR. CHICKEN
July 26th, 2022, 07:51 AM
Agree on 0-6 as a Rubicon but that would involve a loss to Georgetown in week two.

The problem with Colgate and 7-4 is a prohibitive non-conference schedule:

at Stanford
at Maine
at Penn
HOLY CROSS
CORNELL
at Army
GEORGETOWN
at Bucknell
LAFAYETTE
at Lehigh
at Fordham

.....WHOM...IS DUH SKED ARRANGER...IN DUH PATSY........N. IOWA'S....AD?????????.............BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 26th, 2022, 12:28 PM
The purpose of buy sell and hold is ultimately to make money by beating expected performance. Since I do not purchase anything I don't have a solid understanding of, I will limit my recs to the SoCon teams mentioned above.

WCU - BUY, BUY BUY. As was mentioned before they have replaced 2/3 of the team...and that isn't really a bad thing. They have always had talent, but never the culture to utilize that talent. So this wholesale change may alter the culture. They will outperform the "traditional" expectations of the past Cants teams.

ETSU - SELL - This will not be the same team that beat an SEC squad (albeit a very bad one) and ripped through the SoCon (except the MOCS!!!). New Coach, many new players, many leaders lost to transfer and graduation (or to AARP in the case of Jared Folks), This team will not outperform 2022...

UTC - HOLD - I desperately want to say Buy, but I just can't. Last years team was led by an incredible Defensive front 7 and a mediocre Defensive backfield...all losses off the Defense are off that backfield and it appears there are several strong transfers to step into those empty spots. The Defense should be stronger than it was last year. The offense is returning one of (if not THE) best RB stables in FCS, the WR room has new leadership and the negitivity that plagued it last season has been eliminated, so I expect to see big gains there. The OL has a HUGE HOLE to fill with the drafting of Cole Strange, but with the addition of KEvin REvis as the OL coach and going after several very capable transfers, this unit should be clicking very well come conference play. Now for the elephant in the room...QB play. Cole Copeland is a good kid that is never going to do anything to lose a game for you, but he isn't the field general that is going to lead the team from behind in the 4th...The Mocs added transfer Preston Hutchins from EMU who showed some brilliance in the shortened Covid season..will he push Copeland to step up or will he take the spot to himself? I don't know. But what I do know is if the overall QB play is not improved the mocs will be looking at another disappointing season and watching the playoffs from home. Is this a team that CAN go 8-0 in SoCon play and make a deep run? YES. Will they? Time will tell. I think the safe bet on the Mocs is to Hold, because they won't do worse than last year, but they might not do better either!!!

I get your philosophy. The currency I am using, and I hope you all are as well is imaginary. I have a **** load of it. I am giving every person on this thread 1 million imaginaries to utilize in their purchases. Please test out other unknowns if you feel like it.

"imaginaries" are the name of my dollar equivalent just to be clear. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 26th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Maybe I missed it but UNI seems like a buy consider last year's finish. I am also looking at EKU as I don't know enough about them upcoming but maybe something to look into on a hunch.

The Cats
July 26th, 2022, 06:07 PM
Woulda thought the same, but when you turn over 2/3rds of your roster in 1 year, FUBeAR has to put a “Hold” tag on the Catamounts until that pudding is a bit more done up in the Whee.

I think we'll be all right...

in that 47 freshmen is the #1 class recruiting class in the SoCon, and the 16 transfers plug holes from the lost starters....

LETTERMEN RETURNING: 39 – (18 offense, 16 defense, 5 specialists)
Other Returners: 16 – (9 offense, 6 defense, 1 specialists)

LETTERMEN LOST: 33 – (15 offense, 18 defense, 0 specialists)

NEWCOMERS: 63 – (47 freshmen, 16 transfers)

STARTERS RETURNING: 19 – (8 offense, 7 defense, 4 specialists)

STARTERS LOST: 7 – (3 offense, 4 defense, 0 specialists)

Redbird 4th & short
July 28th, 2022, 04:44 PM

With all due respect to Mr Chicken ... Big Sky is no longer the The Big Fluffy. They've been very tough the last 5 years or so .. at least the upper half or so has been. If MVFC lost NDSU to say D-II or NAIA (:D), the Big Sky and MVFC would be a dead heat come playoffs.

caribbeanhen
July 28th, 2022, 05:30 PM
With all due respect to Mr Chicken ... Big Sky is no longer the The Big Fluffy. They've been very tough the last 5 years or so .. at least the upper half or so has been. If MVFC lost NDSU to say D-II or NAIA (:D), the Big Sky and MVFC would be a dead heat come playoffs.

Nope, the WINGS without Paul still better than Big Sky

Sacramento St has done everything possible to keep fluffy white clouds in the Big Sky

HootyHoo
July 28th, 2022, 06:15 PM

ETSU
Missouri State
Villanova Wildcats
Chattanooga Mocs
Weber State Wildcats

ETSU- Sell
Missouri State: Buy
Villanova Wildcats: Buy
Chattanooga: Buy
Weber State: Sell

Others have said it to, but a penny stick to buy is North Alabama. A lot of potential in that program.

Kennesaw State is a blue chip stock, buy a top 10 now for a top 4 seed later.

Puddin Tane
July 28th, 2022, 10:44 PM
Lamar-hmmm, should you sell a stock when its trading near all time low?

NWST -a sleeper if you can buy em realllly cheap

ST_Lawson
August 2nd, 2022, 09:22 AM
I think WIU could qualify as a penny stock this year.

At 2 wins last year, we're not likely to finish worse than that. New coaching staff, essentially a new team. I think we have solid chances to win 2 (SUU and INSU), with a "coin flip" chance against UT-Martin, YSU, and ILSU. I could see 4 wins being reasonable this season and you'd double your money.

bonarae
August 2nd, 2022, 09:29 AM
Ivy musings stock-wise:

Dartmouth - slight sell
Harvard - definite sell
Princeton - hold
Yale - slight buy
Columbia - hold

The other three teams are too bad for me to judge. xrulesx

JSUSoutherner
August 2nd, 2022, 10:08 AM
Ivy musings stock-wise:

Dartmouth - slight sell
Harvard - definite sell
Princeton - hold
Yale - slight buy
Columbia - hold

The other three teams are too bad for me to judge. xrulesx
Thought you had to be a public team (competing in the playoffs) to be listed on the market?

bonarae
August 2nd, 2022, 10:24 AM
Thought you had to be a public team (competing in the playoffs) to be listed on the market?

Just for fun though, for entertainment purposes... xcoffeex

ElCid
August 2nd, 2022, 11:57 AM

I was thinking the same thing. These are privately held companies. No stock to buy.

bonarae
August 2nd, 2022, 08:20 PM
Moving forward...

Has the ASun / WAC been discussed here?

Kennesaw State - slight sell
UCA - sell
EKU - slight buy?
Austin Peay - sell
SFA - hold
Tarleton - slight sell

SFA 93
August 3rd, 2022, 11:27 AM
Moving forward...

Has the ASun / WAC been discussed here?

Kennesaw State - slight sell
UCA - sell
EKU - slight buy?
Austin Peay - sell
SFA - hold
Tarleton - slight sell

Catatonic
Penny Stock picks

Daytripper
Buy: SFA

Returning really good offensive skill players. They have a coach who knows how to win.

SFA 93 (my take)
The Jacks are loaded and balanced. BUY, BUY, BUY!

With the exception of two offensive linemen, they return everybody on an offense that averaged 34 points and 423 yards a game (6.1 yards per play) in 2021.

The defense returns 5 all conference players including two starting defensive ends that combined for 17 sacks, 25.5 TFLs, and 8 QBHs, a secondary that combined for 25 PBU, 11 FF, 8 INTS, and the entire special teams is all conference.

katss07
Selling SFA and Kennesaw State. Seeing both of them in the top 10 and really don’t think either team is very good.

ursus arctos horribilis
Maybe I missed it but UNI seems like a buy consider last year's finish. I am also looking at EKU as I don't know enough about them upcoming but maybe something to look into on a hunch.

HootyHoo
Kennesaw State is a blue chip stock, buy a top 10 now for a top 4 seed later.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 4th, 2022, 06:39 PM

The Ivy is the ByteDance of FCS then!

katss07
September 19th, 2022, 06:52 PM
Give me all the Incarnate Word stock and then some. Really don’t care that Ward and the staff left, GJ Kinne is an offensive guru and has risen up the ranks wherever he has gone. Lindsey Scott is a competent quarterback and they’re still loaded at skill positions. Grimes is elite. Chafin will make an impact. Easily the best team SHSU beat last year and I don’t think much will change.

I’m liking my stock here thus far…

caribbeanhen
September 19th, 2022, 06:58 PM

Delaware BUY

Who wants to be a millionaire?

POD Knows
September 19th, 2022, 07:38 PM
I have a buy on Missouri State. They might have been the second best team the Bison played last year and they are young. But they are a wild card, undisciplined and who knows.

I am a seller on ETSU. We will see. I am also a seller on Neons team. Early polls have them in the top 20. Nope.
well, I got 2 out of 3 right so far, JSU looks pretty good so far but who knows, Mo State buy was right on so far and the sell on ETSU is also balls on

The Yo Show
September 19th, 2022, 08:11 PM
In the MVFC:

I'll buy UNI (relatively easy schedule by UNI standards and 6 home games) and Illinois St (always solid defense - if they can even get average QB play they'll be tough).

I'll sell SIU (lost a ton of experience and will be tough to maintain continuity with all the transfers they brought in) and USD (brutal early season schedule will sink them I think).

Looking back on this, good moves minus buying UNI. But in fairness, had I played, I would have done the same :D

ST_Lawson
September 20th, 2022, 10:57 AM
I think WIU could qualify as a penny stock this year.

At 2 wins last year, we're not likely to finish worse than that. New coaching staff, essentially a new team. I think we have solid chances to win 2 (SUU and INSU), with a "coin flip" chance against UT-Martin, YSU, and ILSU. I could see 4 wins being reasonable this season and you'd double your money.

Never come to me for stock advice. Although, I think WIU was probably pretty cheap to begin with, so you probably wouldn't have lost much.

MR. CHICKEN
September 20th, 2022, 11:25 AM
HOOKERS & BLOW...WHIFF MAH FIRST...PROFIT SHARIN' CHECK.......TWO MO' DUBBYA'S....AH'M GETTIN' UH.....OLIGARCH YACHT..........xhypedx......BRAWK!