PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Fans

Spider
September 4th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Is your TV coverage of the UR game this Sat on RSN TV available for viewing outside of the Easton area?

Andy
September 4th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Spider, here is a link to the outlets for the "Lafayette Sports Network." Live streaming of the video is also available, but I don't know about buying it for just one monhth $6.95. Go to www.goleopards.collegesports.com

http://goleopards.collegesports.com/multimedia/lafa-outlets.html

DTSpider
September 4th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Also would like to get your impressions heading into the game. Richmond continues to be a bunch of question marks on offense. I feel that the defense is solid. If I remember your strenghts from last year this could be a 14-10 type game.

youwouldno
September 4th, 2005, 08:45 PM
This is a key game for Lafayette. I really like them and give them love in my poll but their competition over the course of the year is not particularly strong. Should be a good game.

blukeys
September 4th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Also would like to get your impressions heading into the game. Richmond continues to be a bunch of question marks on offense. I feel that the defense is solid. If I remember your strenghts from last year this could be a 14-10 type game.

Stacey Tutt needs more touches!! ;) ;)

Spider
September 5th, 2005, 07:01 AM
at QB......

DTSpider
September 5th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Stacey Tutt needs more touches!! ;) ;)

Understatement of the new season.

Tutt was all over the field though. He returned kickoffs, played wideout, was on the punt coverage team, took a couple of snaps at center. I don't think that he'll be as tightly coverage against Lafayette compared to UMass. Not many teams have Shannon James clones.

Andy
September 6th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Understatement of the new season.

Tutt was all over the field though. He returned kickoffs, played wideout, was on the punt coverage team, took a couple of snaps at center. I don't think that he'll be as tightly coverage against Lafayette compared to UMass. Not many teams have Shannon James clones.

Well, I'm certainly not disappointed that Tutt's not under center. Inexperience at the QB position could be a bit of an equalizer. We couldn't bring down Tutt in the backfield, tackling him in the open field with 170lb d-backs could be mission impossible.

How did UMASS hold Freeman to 35 yards?!

We were in a similar situation last year to your current one--playing two QBs. But, Maurer improved steadily, I think you'll be impressed with him. Not just a scrambler, he can throw accurately down field, too. This should be a good game, certainly a challenge for us.

DTSpider
September 6th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Freeman hurt his knee in the first quarter. Only got 8 touches I think.

Behind him we're pretty thin. A true freshman is the backup tailback and our fullback played in some single back sets. Both had some good runs but our OLine is awful so there wasn't much room to work.

Both freshman QBs will play this week. Hopefully they'll learn to look at someone other than Tutt near the end zone though, no surprise he was double and triple covered.

Richmond really needs this game. No offense to Lafayette, but if we can't go in there and pull out a win I seriously doubt that we'll be able to go into either Maine or Nashville and get a W. An 0-4 start will not be good.

Andy
September 6th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Do you put out an injury report, I don't see one in your game notes?

DTSpider
September 6th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Injuries are normally discussed during the coaches' show on Wednesday evenings and often mentioned in the press release which is put out on Wednesday afternoon. I imagine that they'll be some this week. The gamenotes appear to just list the starting lineup from the previous week as the upcoming starting lineup.

http://richmondspiders.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/rich-m-footbl-body.html

Andy
September 6th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Our fourth linebacker, and a good one, will be out. Down to a frosh backup, as we are talented but thin in ranks at the position.

What do you think of Tavani's comments? I didn't realize you had a new D set. Are you a better team this year?

On Richmond:
Now we have to step up to Richmond's level. As we saw last year, they are athletic and extremely good team speed. They present an awful lot of issues to you, including an entirely new defensive look than they had last year. There will be eight or nine men on the line of scrimmage, and they'll just match-up with you. We've had a knack to play up to opponents' levels and we'll continue to do that.

On the Richmond quarterback situation:
Coach Clawson is breaking two guys in and getting used to his new system. Some of the wide receivers that we saw last year are still on the roster, but they're not in the two-deep since they've been replaced in the starting lineup with transfers. They are certainly in the scholarship mode of turning a program around quickly. They will probably be a better football team than what we saw last year. //////

DTSpider
September 6th, 2005, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure about the defense. Last year was a new system and wasn't grasped by the D early in the year, but we're in the same system with the same players as last year. Definitely the strength of the team with two very good junior linebackers (Gray & Goloboski).

Receiver is still a problem to me. Matt Hale is a transfer from UT Chattanooga and played HS football with Will Healy (freshman QB). The top wideout is Stacy Tutt with the third wideout a transfer from UConn who I was not impressed with week one. I'd stack the line against Richmond and blitz the young QBs with a double coverage on Tutt.

Before the year started Clawson said, "We'll be better than last year but I'm not sure how that translates in the record." This weekend will be huge for us. Expect a very hungry spider team.

DTSpider
September 7th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Notes the Richmond newspaper. Mentions that Levi Brown will start against Lafayette.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031784905150&path=%21sports&s=1045855934844