PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Mercy field opens this week

Model Citizen
October 10th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Future FCS school?

"Football Next to Mercy?"
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070906/SPORTS08/709060432/1054/SPORTS06

downbythebeach
October 10th, 2007, 01:33 PM
no FCS in michigan

DetroitFlyer
October 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM
UDM has been talking to the PFL. They would be a great fit. Kind of interesting that there could be more teams wanting to be in the PFL then the league could handle. If Iona, Marist, LaSalle and Campbell all join next year, we would have 12.... I suppose that we could expand the divisions.... Next year, two, six team divisions. In the future? Maybe two, seven team divisions? UDM and Lipscomb maybe?

Of course I would love to see them join. UDM is a short drive from my home in Metro-Detroit!

ngineer
October 10th, 2007, 10:00 PM
UDM would be a great FCS school. However, the expense of travel could be an issue. I went to law school there in mid 1970's --10 years after they dropped D-I football. They had a storied history in the first half of the century with some great battles with Notre Dame, U of Chicago when Stagg was the coach, etc. I thought they could also become a candidate for the Patriot--that would result in FOUR Jesuit Univesities of the EIGHT teams in the League.xcoolx

Model Citizen
October 10th, 2007, 11:17 PM
UDM could travel all they want and only spend a fraction of Lehigh's $3-4 million, especially since divisional scheduling will limit the cross country trips.

ngineer
October 11th, 2007, 07:56 AM
UDM could travel all they want and only spend a fraction of Lehigh's $3-4 million, especially since divisional scheduling will limit the cross country trips.

I agree if the PFL went to divisional status and avoid the coast to coast travel. I was basing my comment on the current disparate locations of everyone around the country, and remembering how tight with a buck U of D was back in my day...xnodx

89Hen
October 11th, 2007, 10:01 AM
no FCS in michigan
Good trivia question. Name the states that have no I-AA.

dbackjon
October 11th, 2007, 10:03 AM

All fifty

andy7171
October 11th, 2007, 10:06 AM

Vermont, Wyoming, Hawaii, Alaska and Michigan?

All fifty

Tricky, tricky! But 89hen hates "FCS" so I don't think he was going that way.

dbackjon
October 11th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Vermont, Wyoming, Hawaii, Alaska and Michigan?

Tricky, tricky! But 89hen hates "FCS" so I don't think he was going that way.

:D

To add to the non-FCS/I-AA list

Nevada
Minnesota
Wisconsin
New Mexico
Nebraska
Kansas
Delaware

BearsCountry
October 11th, 2007, 11:17 AM

Nevada
Minnesota
Wisconsin
New Mexico
Nebraska
Kansas
Delaware

Oklahoma

Shockerman
October 11th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Double Post

Shockerman
October 11th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Nevada
Minnesota
Wisconsin
New Mexico
Nebraska
Kansas
Delaware

Hrrmmm... Hopefully we can take a state of that list soon.

ngineer
October 11th, 2007, 12:20 PM

Nevada
Minnesota
Wisconsin
New Mexico
Nebraska
Kansas
Delaware

xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx LOOK OUT!!!xeekx xeekx xeekx

DFW HOYA
October 11th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Detroit's new field seems to have the yardlines in place. That's a good sign, if nothing else.

http://www.detroittitans.com/news.jsp?id=1182176332333

JMUFortier
October 11th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Add West Virginia to the list

UDBlueLotFan
October 11th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Auuhhh,...you funny-guy lumberjack.xlolx You're welcome to visit The TUB anytimexbawlingx xsmashx

dbackjon
October 11th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Auuhhh,...you funny-guy lumberjack.xlolx You're welcome to visit The TUB anytimexbawlingx xsmashx

Hey - we have already proven that we will travel to tough places - now if Delaware would ever schedule a regular season game west of the Mississippi, that would be a first.

ngineer
October 11th, 2007, 08:54 PM
During excavation did they find Dick Vitale's tonsils??:D

BearsCountry
October 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Hey - we have already proven that we will travel to tough places - now if Delaware would ever schedule a regular season game west of the Mississippi, that would be a first.

They do have a game in the future at South Dakota State.

UDBlueLotFan
October 11th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks BearsCountry, you beat me to it. By the way, did they forget the stands at this Detroit school? Just as well, I can watch from the comforts of my tailgate where the grill is hot and beer is coldxthumbsupx ; put them on the schedule.