PDA

View Full Version : AGS Southland Conference Pre Media Day Poll

McCowboys
July 6th, 2022, 04:57 AM
Two weeks from today on July 20, the Southland Conference will hold its Media Day in Lake Charles, Louisiana. At that time, or shortly before, the conference will release the 2022 preseason poll.

Here is your chance to weigh in on who you feel is most likely to capture the SLC's automatic bid into the playoff and who you feel is most likely to earn an at-large bid. Two new head coaches (at UIW and McNeese) and a new team (A&M-Commerce) enter the fray this season. Wins and losses against new member Texas A&M-Commerce will count in the league standings, but the Commerce Lions are transitioning from Division II and will be ineligible for the playoffs.

In this poll please choose only the TWO teams you believe will end up at the top of the league at the conclusion of the regular season. This poll will close a day or two before Media Day.

McCowboys
July 6th, 2022, 06:56 PM
If you haven't voted, take time to do so. The polling is going much like I anticipated with two teams clearly ahead of the pack.

Daytripper
July 6th, 2022, 07:29 PM
Let me pop in here say that a sleeper this year might be...hold on....wait for it....Northwestern State.

McCowboys
July 7th, 2022, 06:41 AM
Let me pop in here say that a sleeper this year might be...hold on....wait for it....Northwestern State.

There is a reason many McNeese fans hate the Demons. Even during McNeese's long winning streak over NSU, almost all of the games came down to the wire and were settled by a TD or less.
Even during Sam Houston's dominant years, the Demons always seemed to give the Bearkats fits in Natchitoches.

I think NSU has a good head coach. But he must have been feeling heat or else something was not working out right as he replaced a good portion of his staff. We will see if that is for the good or not.

I also think that no one better overlook Commerce or they will end up with a big fat loss on their record.

Nicholls is always a tough team and has been a thorn in McNeese's side almost as much as SLU these last few years.

McNeese has a new sheriff in town with a new system and with a turnover of half the team for one reason or another. Hopefully the new talent will be an upgrade on what was lost.

This should be an exciting year in the SLC!

MR. CHICKEN
July 7th, 2022, 07:32 AM

......HAS THE PROJECTED OFFENSIVE POY.....IN......RB.....SCOOTER ADAMS.....PER LINDY'S.............AWK!

McCowboys
July 7th, 2022, 07:43 AM
......HAS THE PROJECTED OFFENSIVE POY.....IN......RB.....SCOOTER ADAMS.....PER LINDY'S.............AWK!

That is not good news, Mr. Chicken! LOL

What is really scary is that no player from McNeese is receiving pre-season accolades. I guess that is because we have so many new players that no one knows who they are or anything about them, including McNeese fans. xprayx

McCowboys
July 7th, 2022, 07:50 AM
Southeastern: has lost stud QB Cole Kelley, but the SLU Lions think they have a replacement for him and a better defense.

UIW: lost its head coach and all-world QB Cameron Ward. Will UIW miss a beat with the new coach? They also swiped former Nicholls QB Lindsey Scott from the transfer portal. Strangely, the Nicholls defense was not as stout last season as it normally had been.

Nicholls: lost dual-threat QB Scott, but have RB Guggenheim back. Maybe someone can help fill in more about the Colonels. Coach Tebowe will have the Colonels ready to go is a given.

HBU: no idea what is going on, but after last season, there is no way to go but up.

Lion-Fan
July 7th, 2022, 08:52 AM
This is so weird coming into a conference where I really don't know much about the teams yet. Excited to get to learn more about you guys!

And yes, I voted for Commerce because I couldn't sit there and let us remain tied with HBU. We were beating the crap out of them as an avg D2 team before we got good. ;)

McCowboys
July 7th, 2022, 08:57 AM
This is so weird coming into a conference where I really don't know much about the teams yet. Excited to get to learn more about you guys!

And yes, I voted for Commerce because I couldn't sit there and let us remain tied with HBU. We were beating the crap out of them as an avg D2 team before we got good. ;)

LOL!

McCowboys
July 12th, 2022, 10:00 AM
I have searched and found out there is no way to edit/modify a poll once is has been created, and so I cannot add Lamar at this time. In that case, feel free to just add a comment here with your vote for Lamar if you wish to vote for the Cardinals as one of the top 2 teams as we head to next week's SLC Media Day.

Daytripper
July 12th, 2022, 10:03 AM
I have searched and found out there is no way to edit/modify a poll once is has been created, and so I cannot add Lamar at this time. In that case, feel free to just add a comment here with your vote for Lamar if you wish to vote for the Cardinals as one of the top 2 teams as we head to next week's SLC Media Day.

It is safe to assume that Lamar will not be one of the top two teams in the Southland this season.

McCowboys
July 12th, 2022, 10:25 AM
It is safe to assume that Lamar will not be one of the top two teams in the Southland this season.

LOL

Puddin Tane
July 12th, 2022, 04:42 PM
Redo the poll !!!! The birds are back! Out of the desert wastelands and back to sea level!

ok…maybe not. But if we are bad enuf, maybe morgan and his 1920’s offense gets the boot!

McCowboys
July 12th, 2022, 04:49 PM
Redo the poll !!!! The birds are back! Out of the desert wastelands and back to sea level!

ok…maybe not. But if we are bad enuf, maybe morgan and his 1920’s offense gets the boot!

I wish I could edit it, but since I can't, it would be unfair to those who have already voted. You know what they say about the early bird.... ;-)

McCowboys
July 17th, 2022, 07:56 AM
There are only a couple of days left to vote in this poll (I think the poll ends Tuesday, but I may have set it up to end tomorrow).

The Southeastern Lions received more top two votes than any other team, this despite UIW earning 16 spots on the preseason team to the SLU Lions 10 picks.

Nicholls is holding down third place, with a slight lead over McNeese, and certainly is not a team to overlook. When it comes to the Colonels conference schedule, they probably have the best draw as they will play the potentially toughest games at home in the bayou against UIW, SLU, Commerce, and McNeese. And the UIW contest does not count as a conference game. Do not discount Voodoo on the Bayou!

Likewise, conference teams had better not overlook the Demons or Commerce. Looks like a fun year for SLC football.

These are the last couple of days before the poll ends. Get your vote in now if you haven't already!

McCowboys
July 20th, 2022, 10:05 AM
https://twitter.com/SouthlandSports/status/1549755990974799873

AGS posters are smart people! Congrats!